WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Problems controlling junk food cravings (sugar and fat)

O.K,

I have no idea my weight (I bought one of those electronic scales thinking I was being smart - but the batteries run out and all it says is "Lo" most of the time - batteries too low to give a reading, in future I will acquire a MANUAL set of weighing scales.. damn it.

I would like to weigh about min 70kg and max 77KG but be sub 10% bodyfat, at the moment I think it might be 20% or even more or something.

I have no set daily 'diet / meals' (yet), but my real problem is this.. I eat well, or I eat clean and for some reason I start to crave junk - cakes or anything like that with high simple carbs and high fat (fruit and nut just doesn't do it), O.K so then I eat that junk and then I feel TERRIBLE, nauseous, headache and my blood sugar is going crazy and I wonder wtf did I eat that s##t for. But I am so stupid that I do it again and again and again and never learn (so far).

I mean I love savoury food but most of what I am used to buying and eating just tastes so damn nasty and boring - tinned tuna, plain turkey, eggs.. bananas, oats, ugh enough.

Am I alone in this? I really want to improve my body but I'm having issues with this - friends tell me I lack self discipline but i disagree - at the time I DO want to eat the junk, I know exactly what I'm doing, but then when I've eaten it I feel so sick I wonder why I craved it so much. I mean these guys will cut a cake into slices and put it on a plate and delicately eat it with a spoon or fork - but I'll just rip it out of the wrapper and eat it whole, even if it's still frozen like some freaking cookie monster or something.

I don't even like cake or biscuits or junk food - that's the thing, it's nasty and makes me feel sick, but somehow my blood sugar is out of whack or something and something in me switches - but then I go too far and it's worse.

Anyone else have this?

Interesting, tasty, good, clean savoury food is what I really want, but what the hell is there when you are sick of the usual stuff? :/ I'd eat sushi and chinese and good steaks with potatoes and sweetcorn etc if I could but when I open the fridge the food is just so bland that I don't even want it.

What do you guys do for food schedules as well? I can't eat the same s##t day in day out anymore, what's the point? I was considering that thing I heard some people do where they'll set there food schedule up over 7 days so that each day they're eating something different but come the end of the week they'll be back to the start again. That sounds more tolerable - anyone do that?

I tried giving myself free reign but really i find I need some kind of order and structure or I'll just skip meals and then crave junk.. or the food is so bland that I'll just crave junk..

I am getting way too fat from this lack of order and control too, abs totally obliterated. I need to use up at least 7-10KG of fat and grow the muscles up more.
    "If you can't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have"

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You may be eating too little, resulting in your body compensating by making you shovel in junk. Put together a diet and keep tabs on your calories/protein/carb/fat intake.. after eating enough peanut butter, I find the last thing I want is anything savory...

naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Been lean is over rated, just eat junk till fat cells starts spewing from your neck. life is too short to worry about staying fit, just give up and live your life.....one big happy slab of fat good luck

turbo0995 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This is what I try and do: if I want to have a junk food item, I have to make it and I can only use clean ingredients. So you can make ice cream by freezing a banana and then blending it (literally! 1 ingredient), or mix dry milk/protein/eggs/etc and make protein ice cream. You can make pudding by taking casein and blending in the absolute minimum amount of water possible to mix it. I do 2 scoops in the bullet-blender, and maybe 1/3cup water and blend it, take a knife and scrape the sides (some gets stuck), then blend it again until little air pocket form in it. Chill and BAM you have 1 ingredient easy pudding thats all protein

You can get 0 calorie wing sauce (franks red hot make some, others do too) and BAM you have hot wings.

Just rememeber this: it's all about textures. You can add splenda and spices like cinamon/cocoa to anything and make it acceptable, but if it has a good texture AND then you add the splenda and other stuff... well you have a winner!

Some other choices include: greek yogurt (found one that has 150cal and 19g protein!), low-fat splenda pudding (jello, etc), eggs/cheese omlette, pumpkin with dry milk makes good pumkin-pie alternative,

WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10) WiLDFLeX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by naija2atl View Post
    Been lean is over rated, just eat junk till fat cells starts spewing from your neck. life is too short to worry about staying fit, just give up and live your life.....one big happy slab of fat good luck
    Actually I don't get that fat, my neck and face is actually lean and I can see muscle definition - but for me I need to be leaner, sub 10%.
    "If you can't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have"

Originally Posted by retiredrunner View Post
    You may be eating too little, resulting in your body compensating by making you shovel in junk. Put together a diet and keep tabs on your calories/protein/carb/fat intake.. after eating enough peanut butter, I find the last thing I want is anything savory...

Yeah, you may be right there. I found that when eat too little the muscles go walkabout and leave me with mad hunger. Probably I need to eat MORE food, but of the muscle building type.

Originally Posted by turbo0995 View Post
    This is what I try and do: if I want to have a junk food item, I have to make it and I can only use clean ingredients. So you can make ice cream by freezing a banana and then blending it (literally! 1 ingredient), or mix dry milk/protein/eggs/etc and make protein ice cream. You can make pudding by taking casein and blending in the absolute minimum amount of water possible to mix it. I do 2 scoops in the bullet-blender, and maybe 1/3cup water and blend it, take a knife and scrape the sides (some gets stuck), then blend it again until little air pocket form in it. Chill and BAM you have 1 ingredient easy pudding thats all protein

You can get 0 calorie wing sauce (franks red hot make some, others do too) and BAM you have hot wings.

Just rememeber this: it's all about textures. You can add splenda and spices like cinamon/cocoa to anything and make it acceptable, but if it has a good texture AND then you add the splenda and other stuff... well you have a winner!

Some other choices include: greek yogurt (found one that has 150cal and 19g protein!), low-fat splenda pudding (jello, etc), eggs/cheese omlette, pumpkin with dry milk makes good pumkin-pie alternative,
    Interesting, but you know junk food is so cheap it's unreal.

Another thing like this I did before was a cup full of oats, a handful of sunflower seeds and a banana all mixed and mashed in a bowl with a fork and then put in the oven at low heat 10 - 20 mins.

Of course when eating the sugary junk food though there's that energy crash too.. I hate that. But when eating real food there's that feeling of strength and energy and power shortly after eating - I like that. Hmm.

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sugar is addictive. Try consuming as little as possible. Carbs in general are addictive. What you need to start getting used to is portion control and reducing insulin. When you eat mad carbs like that you're getting a huge insulin release and guess what ... that triggers you brain to eat more carbs.

portion control and lowering total carbs while increasing protein is you answer.

For starters try not consuming any meal over 500cal/sitting
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03