jonathanlake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up How Important is Running while Body Building

I was just curious what you all thought of the importance of running while weight lifting.

I haven't been running at all since starting up lifting again in the past two months and I don't breath when I lift unless I remember to take a breath each rep.

Does running play an important part to lifting weights and how often should someone do that?

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not important; many amateur bodybuilders and virtually every all pro bodybuilders avoid running

96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Dude, their is nothing more important then your heart. I don't care if its pro BBing or truck driving, get some cardio in, even if its taking the stairs instead of the elevator, just do it.

Question

Originally Posted by Ka0s View Post
    Not important; many amateur bodybuilders and virtually every all pro bodybuilders avoid running
    Why is that?... And what would running do to a body builder?

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 96EverSince View Post
    Dude, their is nothing more important then your heart. I don't care if its pro BBing or truck driving, get some cardio in, even if its taking the stairs instead of the elevator, just do it.
    Yeah I guess that's true, Especially since I have a high heart rate while lifting

tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000) tetrasarin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He's obviously being sarcastic...

Yes, cardio is important.

bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bwoh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Running for 3 times a week is good for the heart and wont damage your gains if your worried about too many calories being used.

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jonathanlake View Post
    Most do low impact cardio such as bike/stair stepper/walking, etc

When you're really big, running is not only uncomfortable, but really tough on your knees, ankles, feet and back. Imagine being 280lbs at 5'9 and trying to run around... ain't happenin

Also, your thighs rub together and its ****ing dreadful

Also run the risk of burning muscle mass (not sure how much this applies to you or me, but when youre 260 shredded I can see how it might be a problem)

simonsays88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    many pro bbers don't run cos it uses up too many calories
    it depends on why you're training
    if you're still playing sport and going to the gym you gotta get some cardio in or you're gonna get unfit

surgical with my saw rawrButterfly's Avatar
    rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) rawrButterfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ka0s View Post
    Agreed.

STFU....try some 20 rep squats.

Running deteriorates muscle mass and depletes calories.

Originally Posted by tetrasarin View Post
    He's obviously being sarcastic...

Yes, cardio is important.

No he wasn't

And no it isn't.
    Its just advice bro! Because at the end of the day......you can do what ever the **** you wanna do!

Onlyeverbeenwithonegirl-crew

395/520/650 @ 239 cutting to 225 down from 260.

checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) checklax has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's not really necessary for bb'ing purposes.. keep in mind because in bbing the only thing that matters is aesthetics. If you want to be functional and athletic you have to run. In terms of fat control, bbers dont really have to run because all that can be taken care of through careful macros in diet planning.
    'No day but today'

My log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126956193

STATS:
    Bench- 315
    Squat- 400
    Dead- 435
    Powerclean- 225

StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10) StevenOfSteel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was just curious what you all thought of the importance of running while weight lifting.

I haven't been running at all since starting up lifting again in the past two months and I don't breath when I lift unless I remember to take a breath each rep.

Does running play an important part to lifting weights and how often should someone do that?
    Running will crush CNS output. Pull a sled, flip a tire, push a prowler, push a car, use a sledge hammer, do body weight circuits, farmers walks etc...

Anything with duration impact will hinder gains. I jump rope, do body weight circuits, and farmers walks. While jump roping does require impact it is minimal because I only jump like 1.5 inches off the ground. Do it HIT style for 15-20 min 2-3 times a week.

I don't really like LISS.
    Great eloquence:
    "You know I am not a quitter. Its like a dog, you know you can kick a dog so long and it will do two things. Its either going to roll over and die or its going to bite you and attack you and I am the kind of person who is the type of a dog who would bite back. I wasn't gonna roll over and quit."
    -Mike Katz

Bench: 240x1
    Squat: 255x1
    Deadlift: 345x1

Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wegzyzz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    being fkn hyooge and not being able to run worth a sh*t would be a nightmare for me, which is why I think its silly to be that huge unless competing.

GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GTR- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your brain?

Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000)
    aaaand that's why you're red..
    495 425 315 1k club
    I rep black.
    Arizona State Crew
    “For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: hunt or be hunted.”

Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey im a cross country runner and i have good abs. running is very important, it keeps your heart healthy, burns fat builds leg muscle and strengthens your entire core. u can actually get great abs from almost doing nothing but running
    run is life.

Got lift? ▪█───────█▪

Pain is Weakness leaving the body- United States Marine Corp

Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000) Nadolax is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bicepboy680 View Post
    hey im a cross country runner and i have good abs. running is very important, it keeps your heart healthy, burns fat builds leg muscle and strengthens your entire core. u can actually get great abs from almost doing nothing but running
    which has nothing to do with bodybuilding. I think you're looking for forums.myspaceripped.com
    495 425 315 1k club
    I rep black.
    Arizona State Crew
    “For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: hunt or be hunted.”

Originally Posted by StevenOfSteel View Post
    Running will crush CNS output. Pull a sled, flip a tire, push a prowler, push a car, use a sledge hammer, do body weight circuits, farmers walks etc...

Anything with duration impact will hinder gains. I jump rope, do body weight circuits, and farmers walks. While jump roping does require impact it is minimal because I only jump like 1.5 inches off the ground. Do it HIT style for 15-20 min 2-3 times a week.

I don't really like LISS.
    Jumping rope sounds reasonable to me.... HIT style?

Jumping rope sounds reasonable to me.... HIT style?
    go fast for a minute, go slow for 30 seconds.
    495 425 315 1k club
    I rep black.
    Arizona State Crew

Originally Posted by Nadolax View Post
    go fast for a minute, go slow for 30 seconds.
    Should I mix it up like running in place with knees going parallel, right foot, left foot, both feet, and double jumps?

Should I mix it up like running in place with knees going parallel, right foot, left foot, both feet, and double jumps?
    If that's what floats your boat then sure, as long as your doing intervals.
    495 425 315 1k club
    I rep black.
    Arizona State Crew

Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bicepboy680 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Actually I'm telling him how running is good
    run is life.

Got lift? ▪█───────█▪

Pain is Weakness leaving the body- United States Marine Corp