alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000)

So diabetics can't lose fat?

From wikipedia:

Insulin stops the use of fat as an energy source. When insulin is absent, glucose is not taken up by body cells and the body begins to use fat as an energy source, for example, by transfer of lipids from adipose tissue to the liver for mobilization as an energy source.
    So does this mean as a diabetic (type 1) there is no chance for me to get rid of the fat, since I inject myself with insulin at every meal. Is that what it's saying or is there still hope?

naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alphamind View Post
    From wikipedia:

So does this mean as a diabetic (type 1) there is no chance for me to get rid of the fat, since I inject myself with insulin at every meal. Is that what it's saying or is there still hope?
    Just eat less.... a whole lot less.

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can lose fat but it is a pain in the ass! I am type one and look at my progress pics, I have lost fat. But I have been trying to get a 6 pack for years, it is a pain!

Just use insulin at strategic times during the day. Like breakfast and around workouts. But maintaining optimal blood sugar levels should be of most importance
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000) alphamind is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    You can lose fat but it is a pain in the ass! I am type one and look at my progress pics, I have lost fat. But I have been trying to get a 6 pack for years, it is a pain!

Just use insulin at strategic times during the day. Like breakfast and around workouts. But maintaining optimal blood sugar levels should be of most importance
    Nice transformation bro, but damn did it take time.

If you got any other pointers let me know.

Bumping for more replies...

cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cwestwjg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alphamind View Post
    From wikipedia:

From what I have seen on those fitness programs not only can you drop weight you can get rid of the diabetes in some cases. Alot of the people on Biggest Loser were diabetic or on the verge and eliminated every sign of diabetes I would talk to your doctor or get a nutritionest and let them help you get your diet in check for your condition.
    Chris

Do I look like I workout dumb@ss!!

Yea I got my headphones on because I want you to stop and talk thanks moron!!

Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aefi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cwestwjg View Post
    From what I have seen on those fitness programs not only can you drop weight you can get rid of the diabetes in some cases. Alot of the people on Biggest Loser were diabetic or on the verge and eliminated every sign of diabetes I would talk to your doctor or get a nutritionest and let them help you get your diet in check for your condition.
    Type 2 diabetes (insulin resistance) can be reversed. Type 2 is the inability of the cells to respond to insulin (insulin mediated glucose).

Type 1 diabetes, or the inability of the pancrease to produce insulin, is irreversible (what OP has).
    M.S., CSCS