hyper878 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How To get size? Heavy OR light?

My mind is about to explode..!

Some people tell me doing light weight and more reps will give you more size, while some say doing more weight will get you size?.

would anyone suggest tme which is the best way to get some size?.. i would love to get some size on my "Arms" and rest of the body i would prefer fit...

Thanks !

__Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000) __Iceman__ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Heavy. Always.
    How much grass could an ass to grass squater squat if an ass to grass squater could squat grass?

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pick medium range.

5-8 rep

henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    6-12 is the rep range you want to be working in.

I go 6-10 for arms because they are composed almost entirely of fast twitch fibers. Anytime you can get more than 10 reps add a little weight.

In fact most of the time I train in a 6-10 rep range but there are certain exercises I feel are best done in a bit higher range (chest flys, leg extensions, leg curls) I go 10-12 for these.

Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozzee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It doesn't matter what rep range you use, without a good diet you're not going to go anywhere. Have a read in the nutrition section and when you have that fixed up I'd try for lifting heavy. That's what's been most effective for me.

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Heavy with 5 reps has gotten me way better progress in 2 months than doing 8-12 reps with a lot of volume for 6 months
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000) ToyStoryBro is just really nice. (+1000)
    There have been numerous studies, coupled with countless anecdotal evidence, to show that the rule of thumb rep ranges apply to most lifters:

Generally 1-5 reps is strength.
    8-12 reps is hypertrophy
    15+ is endurance

When you fall between the numbers, you blend. The closer to one side emphasizes that goal more. Also don't think just because you have 4 reps you won't grow at all, just you will grow less than 6 or 8 reps, etc etc. This isn't exact, just rule of thumb.

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    maximum muscle activation relative to resistance is reached between 6-7 reps. (bodyrecomposition.com)

where do you find these idiots that say light weight gets you big? Id've thought that Darwinism would have eliminated such nuances by now.
    be a lot cooler if you did

hyper878 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the repies guys..!

Now I am really clear.>!

Those guys at the gym suck xD

and if i do high protein diet will that help me?..

Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think 10 is the most common, but 8 is my favorite.

For bench I do 6x4 though, it feels good, and I can lift heavy.
    For squats and deads I do 3x5 though, and for everything else, I do 3x8, except overhead press, in which I do 3x6.
    No idea why I picked those reps/sets amounts, but it certainly feels right.
    Hey, check it out, baby!

Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jerking_Off will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    3x3 bicep curls.

Come at me.

Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamisseyegh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hyper878 View Post

Some people tell me doing light weight and more reps will give you more size, while some say doing more weight will get you size?.

would anyone suggest tme which is the best way to get some size?.. i would love to get some size on my "Arms" and rest of the body i would prefer fit...

Thanks !
    i Promise you that it is all about what you eat! eat clean and a reasonable amount 6-8 x a day, make sure you include alot of clean protein and i promise your body will change even without lifting! ( only if you don't include simple sugar carbs like white bread etc)

if you lift and you have a high clean protein diet then you will see gains very very fast.

EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10) EmbreeD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by henmaniac87 View Post
    6-12 is the rep range you want to be working in.

I go 6-10 for arms because they are composed almost entirely of fast twitch fibers. Anytime you can get more than 10 reps add a little weight.

In fact most of the time I train in a 6-10 rep range but there are certain exercises I feel are best done in a bit higher range (chest flys, leg extensions, leg curls) I go 10-12 for these.
    same here bro

bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bruceg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I feel like it's just something you have to experiment with that changes person to person.
    Your rid may get jacked doing high weight with lower reps.
    You might get jacked doing medium range weight with 8-12 reps...

Different people respond to different things.

KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrazyKrautWop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have had some good results with the 8-12 rep range. For the longest time, I was doing training of 10,8,6. I recently started a new program by Robert Kennedy that calls for you to focus more on the movement and contraction rather than the weight which starts with 8 reps the first week and ends with 12 reps the last week. I thought it looked fishy but I have been on it a couple weeks and my workouts never get old or boring.

echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000) echoareone is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The thing that matters for size is progression, and frequency. Physiologically speaking, your muscles will get more growth signal by benching monday, wednesday and friday, 135, 155 and 175, respectively, than benching 225 once a week. It doesnt matter if you have to start with low weight. Increasing load is the important thing.

The anabolic state induced by exercise peaks around 24-36 hours post workout, and returns to baseline by 48 hours. What does this mean? If you want to GROW (notice I'm not mentioning STRENGTH), working out every other day is the way to go.

Originally Posted by jake1224 View Post
    maximum muscle activation relative to resistance is reached between 6-7 reps. (bodyrecomposition.com)

where do you find these idiots that say light weight gets you big? Id've thought that Darwinism would have eliminated such nuances by now.
    It does. I'll have pics up once I finish this 8 week cycle of HST. You're just buying into the muscle-mag philosophy of "YOU GOTTA TRAIN EXTREME TO FAILURE EVERY TIME!". This is completely false.
    It's progression. Start light, work up to your 10 rep max over the course of a 2 or 3 week cycle, retest for your max, then start again.

Oh, and I think you misused the word "nuances."
    Last edited by echoareone; 10-08-2010 at 08:17 AM.
    The strongest weak guy you'll ever meet.

humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10) humbledude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hyper878 View Post

Thanks !
    heavy lift + heavy clean diet= size!
    do 4-3 sets of whatever no of excercise u do. reps? 15-10-5-15 or 20-15-10-20 (would give u a bit of definition as well srs)

this is what i follow srs.