Page 99 of 329 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 9867
    Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post

Thanks, Craig. I've gotta tell ya, the DB Rows nailed me; I was huffing and puffing like a freight train between sets. I really wanted 3x10, but just couldn't squeeze out that last rep on the last set. Something to shoot for next time.

]
    IW, what is your opinion on single arm versus BBrows. I never do them on the same day, but to me (and I may be wrong), they are doing almost the same thing, but one side at a time. Plus, I feel BB rows in my hams (a little extra work there cannot hurt).

I like both, so I am only asking how you feel about it, not necessarily which is better. But, if you do think one is better than the other, I'm totally open to that too.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Outstanding work today, Bill!

Thanks, MH! I had a productive day; moved some numbers, and paralyzed my calves again!

That is an awesome pic of Steve Reeves.

Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    Awesome deads Bill. And the DB rows always beat me up as well. I usully put them 3rd or 4th when I do them and I really feel them not only in the muscle but cardiovascularly as well. Huffin and puffin usually at the end of them. Enjoy the day off and I hope the weekend is a nice one. Take Sherman for a walk
    Thanks, Rob! It was a good session!

DB Rows are one of the few exercises where I don't feel too bad about loosening up my form a little, and just concentrate on moving as much weight as I possibly am able.

We took Sherman to my grandson's baseball game with us last night; we all had a great time.

I hope you enjoy the weekend too.

Originally Posted by Beachman View Post
    Great work! 415 X 5 on deads, that's impressive! Hell, everything you did is. Calftravaganza!
    Thanks, Beach. I really wanted that 5th rep on Deadlifts, and it made me work for it. I could have measured the bar speed with an hourglass! No hitch though, so it was good!

Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    GoodDay Bill!
    Just stopping by to wish you a fantastic weekend!
    Hi, Joan! Thanks! Here's hoping you and your family also have a great weekend!
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Friday's training, bumped from the previous page:

Closed out the training week with a productive session today. Moved some iron, worked the muscles.Today's training was;

Back "A"

Deadlift
    135x5
    225x5
    315x5
    365x5
    415x5

Carlman Pull PWO (plate weight only)
    60x10
    60x10
    60x10

Dumbbell Row
    120x10
    120x10
    120x9 wheezin HARD

Barbell Shrug
    355x6
    355x6
    355x5

Leg Press Calf Raise SRC
    400x100, done Rest/Pause in 4 "chunks." Good Grief.

Completed this session in about 65 minutes, a few minutes longer than usual for this particular workout due to extra wheeze time as well as the calf extravaganza.

Got my 5 reps on Deads, but the 5th went up slow. I'm in no particular hurry to bump weight here, so I plan to maintain the same load next time around and simply try to get that bar "speed(!)" up a bit on that 5th rep.

Bumped Carlmans up slightly, and got reps-across but these also I'm not in any hurry to bump. I prefer to use body position to really target where these work, and so far have been fairly successful at it. I really don't feel the need to add any weight at this time.

Dumbbell Rows didn't move up today, but I put all my effort into them, so I'm pleased with the outcome. These really pull the energy out of me. All the more reason to keep hammering away at them.

Bumped the weight on Shrugs, and will work to get them back up to 8-across.

After all the journal chatter about the "Steve Reeves Challenge," I thought it would be a fitting addition to my calf decimation. I expected to get 50-60 reps before needing to R/P, and was quite surprised when I stalled out at only 40. I then hit 57, and then 79 on my way to a very slow 100. The last couple of reps had about 2" ROM, I must confess. If I keep up this thrice-a-week beating, I don't see how my calves can not grow.

That's all she wrote; a good session overall. I'll "rest" tomorrow, and then hit calves (again!), arms and abs on Sunday.

Post-Workout meal was 1/3 pound of ground sirloin, a plateful of herbed rice, and a bowl of chop salad with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a handful of herbs and spices added in. Also, a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    IW, what is your opinion on single arm versus BBrows. I never do them on the same day, but to me (and I may be wrong), they are doing almost the same thing, but one side at a time. Plus, I feel BB rows in my hams (a little extra work there cannot hurt).

I like both, so I am only asking how you feel about it, not necessarily which is better. But, if you do think one is better than the other, I'm totally open to that too.
    They're both excellent upper-back builders. I prefer Dumbbell Rows because they're easier to target the back muscles with (BB Rows often wind up working biceps more than back). Dumbbell Rows also allow you to support your lower back (with the non-working arm), a big consideration when you're doing them on the same day with, say, Deadlifts. DB also allows a bit larger ROM, since there's no bar to hit you in the gut. And for me at least, I feel I can 'loosen-up" my form a bit with DB Rows, concentrate on simply "moving the weight," and still feel all the work in my back. IMO, this is very difficult, if not impossible, to do with Barbell Rows.

Barbell Rows, OTOH, allow you to work the entire upper back in one motion, and there's something to be said about opposing sides of the body working with/against each other. There's little doubt that both sides get equal work with BB. Again, they're much more form-specific than DB Rows; keeping biceps out of the equation is a learned skill.

All that being said, a good plan might be to alternate them, week-to-week, so you get the benefits of each.

I'll also throw-in a 3rd qualifier--T-Bar Rows. To me, although they mimic Barbell Rows, they feel entirely different. This is due, IMO, to the fact that the weight is centered rather than out on the ends of a bar. Just another option to consider.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) supy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Friday's training, bumped from the previous page:

Closed out the training week with a productive session today. Moved some iron, worked the muscles.Today's training was;

Back "A"

Deadlift
    135x5
    225x5
    315x5
    365x5
    415x5

Carlman Pull PWO (plate weight only)
    60x10
    60x10
    60x10

Dumbbell Row
    120x10
    120x10
    120x9 wheezin HARD

Barbell Shrug
    355x6
    355x6
    355x5

Leg Press Calf Raise SRC

Completed this session in about 65 minutes, a few minutes longer than usual for this particular workout due to extra wheeze time as well as the calf extravaganza.

Got my 5 reps on Deads, but the 5th went up slow. I'm in no particular hurry to bump weight here, so I plan to maintain the same load next time around and simply try to get that bar "speed(!)" up a bit on that 5th rep.

Bumped Carlmans up slightly, and got reps-across but these also I'm not in any hurry to bump. I prefer to use body position to really target where these work, and so far have been fairly successful at it. I really don't feel the need to add any weight at this time.

Dumbbell Rows didn't move up today, but I put all my effort into them, so I'm pleased with the outcome. These really pull the energy out of me. All the more reason to keep hammering away at them.

Bumped the weight on Shrugs, and will work to get them back up to 8-across.

After all the journal chatter about the "Steve Reeves Challenge," I thought it would be a fitting addition to my calf decimation. I expected to get 50-60 reps before needing to R/P, and was quite surprised when I stalled out at only 40. I then hit 57, and then 79 on my way to a very slow 100. The last couple of reps had about 2" ROM, I must confess. If I keep up this thrice-a-week beating, I don't see how my calves can not grow.

That's all she wrote; a good session overall. I'll "rest" tomorrow, and then hit calves (again!), arms and abs on Sunday.

Post-Workout meal was 1/3 pound of ground sirloin, a plateful of herbed rice, and a bowl of chop salad with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a handful of herbs and spices added in. Also, a glass of milk.

Great training today. 5 reps deadlifting with 415 hell yeah
    Some People are nothing more than a skid-mark on the toilet bowl of life, never let them bring you down the drain with them
    Currently ranked 6th Total @Powerliftingwatch.com Masters rankings @220 Raw
    # 36 Mens 1565 RAW TOTAL
    UPA NAtionals Winner 4-17-2011

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work Bill.

Deads are looking real strong. SRC on the calf...lulz. After that abuse your calf are gonna pack and move.

Have a good weekend.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Deadlift
    135x5
    225x5
    315x5
    365x5
    415x5

415 x 5 is looking stellar Bill!

Leg Press Calf Raise SRC

Lolz... good idea on the calves Bill! Brb...
    David

Originally Posted by supy View Post
    Great training today. 5 reps deadlifting with 415 hell yeah
    Thanks, Mike! I had a good day; I was pleased with the Deadlifts, and worked my butt completely off with the Dumbbell Rows.

Originally Posted by Meatpants View Post
    Nice work Bill.
    Thanks, Tony. I felt really good going in there, and even better on the way out. A good workout works to improve a lot more than just the muscles.

Deads are looking real strong. SRC on the calf...lulz. After that abuse your calf are gonna pack and move.

Have a good weekend.
    Thanks again. 415x5 is right at my limit, and I'm going to just stay there for a few more weeks before I try to add any more iron to the bar.

LOL@ the calf moving comment. If that's what it takes, I'll help 'em pack!

I hope you have a nice weekend too. So far, there's decent weather here; hope it holds up for a change.

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    415 x 5 is looking stellar Bill!

Lolz... good idea on the calves Bill! Brb...
    Hey, thanks, David! Deadlifts went pretty well; need some work on that last rep, but it'll come.

I thought the SRC would be a perfect addition to my calf massacre, and it is. My wife said I got a real funny look on my face when I died at only 40 reps, expecting 50 or more!

I feel like I've got all the bases covered as far as calf training goes; heavy weight/high volume on Sunday, moderate weight/straight sets/higher reps on Wednesday, and stratospheric (at least for this fast-twitch guy!) reps/little rest on Friday.

Calves are going to improve, or fall off the bone. Their choice.

My thinking recently has been along the lines of actually trying to overtrain my calves. I think Supercompensation has merit, at least as far as stubborn bodyparts goes. I'm certainly up to give it a good trial. Heaven knows that nothing else has worked in the past. It's time to get as radical as I can stand.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn.....I'm late to the party here. Great work on the deads! That 5th rep is impressive and we all know how difficult it was to add.

BTW....my Carlman Pulls are advancing. Thanks again for sharing them with us.
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Geez, everyone's doing big *ss dead lifts. Good work, Bill. Those 120# DBs look cool - and challenging.

fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

415 on DL WOW, I mean just WOW I don't know how else to put it IW. Truly inspirational

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job on the deads and DB rows Bill.

When I don't get time to visit your journal I truly feel as though I've missed good info and I probably did.

What is this with the Steve Reeve's calf stuff???
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    Damn.....I'm late to the party here. Great work on the deads! That 5th rep is impressive and we all know how difficult it was to add.
    Thanks, Gale. I had a good day, and plan to follow it up with an entire week of effective training starting today.

BTW....my Carlman Pulls are advancing. Thanks again for sharing them with us.
    You're welcome, but I'm just the messenger; Carl (ntrllftr) was gracious enough to put them out there.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Geez, everyone's doing big *ss dead lifts. Good work, Bill. Those 120# DBs look cool - and challenging.
    Hey, Dan, thanks! Just trying to do work!

At this time, I'm not really looking to set a Deadlift PR; I'm more into just kind of 'maintaining' the lift while I put a bit more effort into a few of the other back exercises, namely Dumbbell Rows. I think for right now, they're what I need.

Originally Posted by fitmom43 View Post
    415 on DL WOW, I mean just WOW I don't know how else to put it IW. Truly inspirational
    Thanks, Sara; I appreciate the comment. Gotta keep on trying to move forward.

Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Great job on the deads and DB rows Bill.

When I don't get time to visit your journal I truly feel as though I've missed good info and I probably did.
    Hey thanks, Will. I'm thankful to have so many high-quality posters in here.

What is this with the Steve Reeve's calf stuff???
    David started the "Steve Reeves Challenge" several weeks ago. It's about picking an exercise, and then, in one way or another, hitting 100 reps. Since my jones right now is my lame calves, I figured they would be the likely target for such abuse. They're no fun, but they are a great way to bust a plateau, or just to throw something different into the mix. And for myself, if there's anything my calves need, it's "different."
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V2.0

Had some "unfinished" business from a difficult arm workout last week, and was determined to take up the slack today. I was able to eke out a bit of progress on most lifts, so I'm calling it good. Today's training was:

Calves/ Arms/ Abs

Leg Press Calf Raise PWO (plate weight only)
    200x20 W/U
    400x10 W/U
    490x8 W/U
    580x6 W/U
    670x3 W/U
    760x12
    760x12
    760x12
    760x11
    760x11
    760x11

760 calf Raise by ironwill2008, on Flickr

Seated Calf Raise PWO
    230x14
    230x12
    230x12
    230x11
    230x11
    230x11

E-Z Bar Curl
    75x10 W/U
    110x10
    110x9

Alternate Dumbbell Curl
    45x10
    45x9

Hammer Curl
    50x7
    50x7

50hammers by ironwill2008, on Flickr

French Press
    75x12 W/U
    105x10
    105x10

Triceps Kickback
    35x13
    35x12

Decline Crunch
    20-18

Completed this session in 75 minutes. Picked up a rep on LP Calf and gave it back on Seateds. At this stage of the game, and at the volume in this particular calf workout, the rep count doesn't really even matter any more; I'm simply going until the sled/carriage won't move any more on each set. Calves are "resonating" right now, usually for me a good sign.

As stated above, I had a tough arm session last week, and went in today feeling like I had some ground to cover. I felt like I got the job done, adding a tough rep on E-Z Bar, Hammers, French Presses, and Kickbacks. I'm not ready to bump kickbacks up to 40 yet, so I'll just run up the reps on them for a couple more weeks.

Decline Crunches bumped up out of nowhere, it seemed; a couple of extra reps on each set.

Don't know what the deal was with last Sunday's problem, but I got it covered today. It's all good.

Legs tomorrow.

Post-meal today was courtesy of my wife; she's made these egg 'cups' before and we really enjoyed them. They're tortilla shells formed down into cups in a cupcake pan, and then filled with black beans and picante sauce, pepper jack cheese, and an egg. They're then baked for about 15-20 minutes, topped with more picante sauce, and served with a glass of milk. Very tasty.

2PWO by ironwill2008, on Flickr

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm simply going until the sled/carriage won't move any more on each set.
    You can't ask for more than that.

I know there are a lot of nay sayers on this style of training, but I also think there are probably a lot of people who stop 2 or more reps earlier thinking they can't get anymore and don't make the progress they could because of it.

Great work on the shoeless deads big fella!
    Taking the "less is more" approach to cardio...

-In Reconstruction Mode- IronAvalanche's Avatar
    IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Calves are "resonating" right now, usually for me a good sign.
    Glad to hear they are resonating. With that much work they should have been jumping off the bone.
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    ~ Philippians 4:13

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
    ~ Andrew Carnegie

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks like a great start to your week, Bill.

I was seriously thinking about your epic calf workouts yesterday when I was at the gym.

I need to start emulating them.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like you hit the ground running this week Bill. Lets keep that momentum going...I know ya will
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Originally Posted by alkell View Post
    You can't ask for more than that.

I know there are a lot of nay sayers on this style of training, but I also think there are probably a lot of people who stop 2 or more reps earlier thinking they can't get anymore and don't make the progress they could because of it.

Great work on the shoeless deads big fella!
    Thanks, Al. I'm working as hard as I'm able to improve my calves. There are times when extreme measures are called for, and this is one of those occasions.

Originally Posted by IronAvalanche View Post
    Glad to hear they are resonating. With that much work they should have been jumping off the bone.
    LOL! That's what I think too! I'm going to keep hitting them until they respond. Sooner or later, they have to grow.

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Looks like a great start to your week, Bill.
    Hey thanks, Jim. This is the week to really make a push, and that's what I'm going to do.
    I was seriously thinking about your epic calf workouts yesterday when I was at the gym.

I need to start emulating them.
    Go for it; there's no time like the present.

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    Looks like you hit the ground running this week Bill. Lets keep that momentum going...I know ya will
    That's my intention, Rich. And there's even more reason to build some momentum this week; next week is deload, and there's no way I can go into a light week without having kicked up some dust beforehand.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Slappin' on 760 on the sled and 110 lb curls is a heck of a way to handle "unfinished business"! Looks like a good start to bumping up the intensity in training this week with the deload coming up on the horizon. Looking forward to the rest of the workouts over the next several days.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, I'd say it was good. Great work, and yet another excellent looking meal!

+No brain, no gain!
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Slappin' on 760 on the sled and 110 lb curls is a heck of a way to handle "unfinished business"! Looks like a good start to bumping up the intensity in training this week with the deload coming up on the horizon. Looking forward to the rest of the workouts over the next several days.
    Hey, thanks, MH. It felt good to get some payback from last Sunday's mediocre arm session. Biceps have always been a tough bodypart for me to build anyway, and just one lame session can sometimes make me feel like I'm taking 3 steps backwards.

Something else that seems odd to me is that over the last couple of years, the only "bad" workouts I've had (and fortunately, there's only been a few), were for arms. There's gotta be something to that, but I've yet to figure it out.

Yes, I'd say it was good. Great work, and yet another excellent looking meal!

+No brain, no gain!
    Thanks, Beach. I had to have a good arm workout this time around, since I felt like last week's just didn't measure up at all.

I've used the "No brain, No gain" mantra for years now. We each need a solid plan to stick to, both in the gym and the kitchen, and we need to constantly continue to learn all we can about training and nutrition. It's easy to get led down the wrong path if we don't stay abreast of current research. What I've come to find out is that the more I am able to learn, the more I've been able to actually simplify things. Science has been teaching me that a lot of the stuff I once thought to be important is actually BS.

And all that being said, we also need to realize at the same time that it's very easy to over-think this process, and wind up scattering our efforts in multiple directions at once. And that's where plain old experience comes into play; figuring out what really works, and what really is just a waste of time, effort, and money.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've used the "No brain, No gain" mantra for years now. We each need a solid plan to stick to, both in the gym and the kitchen, and we need to constantly continue to learn all we can about training and nutrition. It's easy to get led down the wrong path if we don't stay abreast of current research. What I've come to find out is that the more I am able to learn, the more I've been able to actually simplify things. Science has been teaching me that a lot of the stuff I once thought to be important is actually BS.

And all that being said, we also need to realize at the same time that it's very easy to over-think this process, and wind up scattering our efforts in multiple directions at once. And that's where plain old experience comes into play; figuring out what really works, and what really is just a waste of time, effort, and money.
    I love how you put this. I hope you don't mind if I quote it in my journal.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

Ironwill2008 V2.0

Had a good session today. Numbers didn't move a lot, but still managed to thoroughly thrash my quads/hams. As you might then guess, today's training was:

Legs

Smith Machine Front Squat
    95x10 W/U
    135x8 W/U
    185x12
    205x12
    235x9

Leg Press PWO (plate weight only)
    580x15
    670x16
    760x15
    810x7

Barbell Lunge
    195x5
    195x5
    195x5

Romanian Deadlift (to mid-shin)
    135x5
    225x5
    315x5
    385x3

Knocked out this session in about an hour. For the 2nd week in a row, I was stuck at 9 reps on Fronts. I'll hit them one more time after deload, and if I can't move them then, I'll change the set/rep scheme.

I managed 1 additional rep on Leg Presses; 810x15 is going to be a hard climb, but I'm up for the challenge. I'm really curious to see where I can go with these.

I stopped the rep count at 5-across on Lunges today, just to stay at 'maintainance' on them.

I bumped the weight up on Romanians, and will stay at this load until I can get it to 5 reps-across.

Leg Curls are always a mixed bag in here due to the varying load scheme on Romanians. I simply do 3 sets as hard as I'm able on the day, and leave it at whatever it is. It's all good.

That's it; I'm tired! I'll rest tomorrow, and then hit chest/shoulders/ calves on Wednesday.

Post-Workout meal was 1/3 pound ground sirloin, a baked potato, some asparagus sauteed in olive oil and garlic, a small salad with a hard-boiled egg added, and a glass of milk. I'll be hungry again in an hour, I'll bet.

Last edited by ironwill2008; 05-02-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those front squats look brutal Bill.

What brand Smith machine do you have there?
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

I love how you put this. I hope you don't mind if I quote it in my journal.
    Be my guest, Beach. If it causes someone to become a little more open-minded in respect to stepping away from bodybuilding myth and dogma, we're doing good.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    385 RDL? Damn Bill...thats crazy weight there nice work today. Whats your thoughts on your front squats? What kind of rep range will you be shooting for.

That asparagus looks good I have not had any yet this spring
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Numbers didn't move a lot, but still managed to thoroughly thrash my quads/hams.

For the 2nd week in a row, I was stuck at 9 reps on Fronts.
    235 for 9 is still pretty solid. Hope you get you even 10 next week.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm really liking that combination of deep reps and moderate to heavy weight in that leg workout, Bill. I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress on the RDLs over the next few weeks. Enjoy the rest day tomorrow!
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

-In Reconstruction Mode- IronAvalanche's Avatar
    IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good work on da smith today Bill. RDL's looking really strong too.
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    ~ Philippians 4:13

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
    ~ Andrew Carnegie

Page 99 of 329 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast