Page 270 of 330 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,100 of 9897
    mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    It's so fabulous when you realise you aren't squishy anymore and you're actually developing muscle.
    Makes this whole process worth it.

Keep up the great work ladies
    Weirdly enough, my stomach is LESS squishy after this bulk than before because I put a lot of muscle on there as far as I can tell. My back and thighs got all the squish.

LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I haven't checked in for a while. this bulks hasn't been kind to my fat gains but it's been more than kind to my strength gains..My best is chest press, deadlift and squat.

pre bulk DB Chest press- 12.5kg each side
    current DB Chest press (PR)- 27.5kg each side

pre bulk DL- 50kg
    curren DL (PR)- 85kg

pre bulk squat-50kg
    current squat- 80kg ( I could go heavier but I'm being careful with my knee)

I can't believe the strength gains :-) I even dropped 200 cals (not eating 2000) as I was gaining too much fat and I'm still getting PR's

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LHarwood View Post
    I haven't checked in for a while. this bulks hasn't been kind to my fat gains but it's been more than kind to my strength gains..My best is chest press, deadlift and squat.

pre bulk DL- 50kg
    curren DL (PR)- 85kg

pre bulk squat-50kg

I can't believe the strength gains :-) I even dropped 200 cals (not eating 2000) as I was gaining too much fat and I'm still getting PR's
    Wow this is so great!

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

pre bulk DL- 50kg
    curren DL (PR)- 85kg

pre bulk squat-50kg

Great job!! Strength gains are SO satisfying in seeing how you've progressed.
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000) Klee82793 is just really nice. (+1000)

pre bulk DL- 50kg
    curren DL (PR)- 85kg

pre bulk squat-50kg

That's incredible! Strength increases are the best motivation for sure. Your success inspires me to stick with this process!
    Bulking Log!- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152703243

LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LHarwood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks ladies-your comments made me feel a bit proud of myself .

Next stop is the 30kg's but that'll probs happen on my next bulk. I'm just happy I managed to get the 27.5's up.

LondonGirlie74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LondonGirlie74 View Post
    Hi girls

Have finally gotten my head around eating more, was here a few years back and was told to eat, but I still couldnt do it. I am now actually doing it, hopefully setting my metabolism to get back on track.

I had been eating 1000/1,200 stupid cals for years. Im now, and have been for about 3 weeks/month 1900/2000 cals, and am still the same weight as when eating low cal! Amazing.

Im also lifting heavy and have stuck with it, without injury and progressing albeit slowly, but still doing so, for about 2 months now. So for about 3/4 weeks have obviously been maintaining on say 2000 cals. My aim, as before was trying to build a bit, without trying to put on too much fat. Legs are still bit flabbly but with clear muscle undernear. and I do have abs under there somehwere too

So my question being, shall I start upping my cals slowly? If so by how much, and also how long shall I do this bulk for?

Thanks so much x

Forgot to add that I do spin x 3 for half hour, and heavy 4/5 times per week
    Bumping?

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LondonGirlie74 View Post
    Bumping?
    If you are not gaining 3/4 weeks, it's time to up the calories.
    I would up it by 100 per day and sit there for 2 weeks to see what happens and then take it from there.

kaylasmommy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pre bulk DL- 50kg
    curren DL (PR)- 85kg

pre bulk squat-50kg

This is very true for me too. I'm not happy with the fat gains at all, but I'm quite pleased with the strength ones. Congrats on all the PRs!

The fat bulker

Hey ladies. I was wondering about something. Do any of you use headphones while lifting? Is it even possible? I'm curious because I'm not really happy about the conversations that are going on around me at the gym and I was seriously wondering if there was a way to block it out. Well actually, I find a lot of men trying to talk to me about (read: discourage me from) my bulk. My last workout I got really fed up as there was a whole bunch of them discussing why they don't believe in bulking and cutting and it made me really frustrated. If you remember I'm the fat person bulking which is hard enough in itself, and to have naysayers make it that much harder. I was thinking it would be great if I had on headphones then they would know I'm not interested in talking and I wouldn't have to listen to them and get pissed off. I guess it would be possible for like assistance moves, but what about the compound lifts like the squat and deadlift, could it be done, or is that an accident waiting to happen?

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kaylasmommy View Post
    Hey ladies. I was wondering about something. Do any of you use headphones while lifting? Is it even possible? I'm curious because I'm not really happy about the conversations that are going on around me at the gym and I was seriously wondering if there was a way to block it out. Well actually, I find a lot of men trying to talk to me about (read: discourage me from) my bulk. My last workout I got really fed up as there was a whole bunch of them discussing why they don't believe in bulking and cutting and it made me really frustrated. If you remember I'm the fat person bulking which is hard enough in itself, and to have naysayers make it that much harder. I was thinking it would be great if I had on headphones then they would know I'm not interested in talking and I wouldn't have to listen to them and get pissed off. I guess it would be possible for like assistance moves, but what about the compound lifts like the squat and deadlift, could it be done, or is that an accident waiting to happen?
    Are you talking like the big headphones, or just earbuds? I use earbuds no problem - the wire has never gotten in the way or caught on anything.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kaylasmommy View Post
    Wear headphone or earbuds, whatever suits you. I see both in the gym all the time. Fsck the naysayers. I guarantee you their results are lacking and have been limited by their need a 6 pack year around egos. Proof is in the pudding. Which you will one day show them.

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I use earbuds all the time. Actually, I don't think I could work out without my iPod if I had to listen to the gyms stupid radio station and all the gym chatter lol.

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

pre bulk DL- 50kg
    curren DL (PR)- 85kg

pre bulk squat-50kg

Wow great results! You're doing PHAT, right? Are you keeping a log? I think I'll start PHAT next week and is love to poke around a few logs of ladies that are doing it.

Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    I use earbuds all the time. Actually, I don't think I could work out without my iPod if I had to listen to the gyms stupid radio station and all the gym chatter lol.
    Same. They play the worst stations and I can't stand hearing cardio bunnies talk about what they think exercise is.

So my goal is to continue bulking from where I left off about a month ago. I just want to make sure I'm *supposed* to be bulking, lol. I think getting a bit softer over the last few months has made me wonder.... I know that some people are advised to cut BEFORE they attempt to bulk (I'm thinking about how moogs did it) and I'm curious as to who should cut first before bulking? I honestly don't know what my body fat % is. Maybe 22-23%? I'm about 173cm (5' 7.5" and about 136lbs now--though I need to weight myself after being away for a month to know for sure). I could post pics I suppose. I just want to make sure that I'm in the right place to continue bulking. My legs and ass have always big on the big and soft side while my upper body is bony. So my upper body screams for a bulk but my lower could use a cut, kwim? The only way to ever make my upper body bigger is to bulk but should I lean out a bit first so that my legs are leaner to start a bulk with?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So my goal is to continue bulking from where I left off about a month ago. I just want to make sure I'm *supposed* to be bulking, lol. I think getting a bit softer over the last few months has made me wonder.... I know that some people are advised to cut BEFORE they attempt to bulk (I'm thinking about how moogs did it) and I'm curious as to who should cut first before bulking? I honestly don't know what my body fat % is. Maybe 22-23%? I'm about 173cm (5' 7.5" and about 136lbs now--though I need to weight myself after being away for a month to know for sure). I could post pics I suppose. I just want to make sure that I'm in the right place to continue bulking. My legs and ass have always big on the big and soft side while my upper body is bony. So my upper body screams for a bulk but my lower could use a cut, kwim? The only way to ever make my upper body bigger is to bulk but should I lean out a bit first so that my legs are leaner to start a bulk with?
    There's no body fat requirement. Bulk when you see the need to bulk. From your description you fit the bill

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    There's no body fat requirement. Bulk when you see the need to bulk. From your description you fit the bill
    I say bulk too I reeeeally wanted to cut at the beginning before bulking (le skinny fat problem) but I am SO glad I bulked instead. Plus, don't you just wanna jump right into eating more anyway? Cutting now and missing bulking food.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Thanks. I guess I'm getting a bit nervous after reading through a few logs of ladies who decided to abandon their bulk as they felt they were gaining too quickly or maybe had started bulking too soon. So I want to make sure I'm starting at the right point to get the most out of this, kwim? Then again, I guess it's largely personal too because some of the ladies who decided to abandon their bulk because they felt too fluffy looked fine to me...looked like they should on a bulk. Just goes to show how much of a bulk is mental. It's tought to give zero fuks about getting fluffy even if you KNOW you need/want to bulk

Thanks. I guess I'm getting a bit nervous after reading through a few logs of ladies who decided to abandon their bulk as they felt they were gaining too quickly or maybe had started bulking too soon. So I want to make sure I'm starting at the right point to get the most out of this, kwim? Then again, I guess it's largely personal too because some of the ladies who decided to abandon their bulk because they felt too fluffy looked fine to me...looked like they should on a bulk. Just goes to show how much of a bulk is mental. It's tought to give zero fuks about getting fluffy even if you KNOW you need/want to bulk
    Don't worry we know the feeling I was very ready to be done when my 10 months was up!

Bulking: Let's Get Fluffy Pinskers's Avatar
    Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000) Pinskers is just really nice. (+1000)
    All right, so I'm going to bite the bullet and try a bulk, though I'm super nervous about it (I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt this way!), even though I really don't have that much weight to lose anyway at my height, so I bulk is the ideal solution. Any tips on getting through the ride enjoyably?

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I bulked balls to the wall...yeah I felt like a heifer in the gym but I made some serious gains...I can't wait (oh but I can) to go after it again after this next competition in 3.5 weeks . MOAR food and lots of vacations! And it helps that my birthday is e week after this year....starting my bulk with cake! Time to break down and buy bulking gym clothes
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I bulked balls to the wall...yeah I felt like a heifer in the gym but I made some serious gains...I can't wait (oh but I can) to go after it again after this next competition in 3.5 weeks . MOAR food and lots of vacations! And it helps that my birthday is e week after this year....starting my bulk with cake! Time to break down and buy bulking gym clothes
    Considering what phenomenal shape you are in, I find this very motivating How long did you bulk for the very first time you bulked? Or did you start with a cut first and then your first bulk?

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Considering what phenomenal shape you are in, I find this very motivating How long did you bulk for the very first time you bulked? Or did you start with a cut first and then your first bulk?
    I used to sit at 140 to 145# all throughout high school and college. I started with a cut back in October 2011 at 160#...got down to 130# in June 2012...bulked for 6 months back up to 160# then cut down to 135# this past March...."bulked" for 1.5 months and am now cutting again...

Depending on how all goes in June, I'll either bulk until September or October and cut for nationals in November...or bulk through until my first pro show but I'll never be done building...
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Now that's a great way to start a bulk I will definitely be bulking again after my August competition. My eventual goal is figure so I've got some shoulders to grow.

I used to sit at 140 to 145# all throughout high school and college. I started with a cut back in October 2011 at 160#...got down to 130# in June 2012...bulked for 6 months back up to 160# then cut down to 135# this past March...."bulked" for 1.5 months and am now cutting again...

Depending on how all goes in June, I'll either bulk until September or October and cut for nationals in November...or bulk through until my first pro show but I'll never be done building...
    You work with a trainer, right? Do you think it's mentally easier to bulk while working with a trainer because you know that even though you put on weight/fat that the trainer will be there to help you cut back down again? I mean, it's YOU that has to do the work but the trainer figures out what work you need to do I"m guessing?

I wish I could hire a trainer for maybe a year to do a guided bulk and then a guided cut so that I'd have more faith in the process rather than just do it on my own

Thanks ladies for the advice on the headphones. Tried the headphones and things went great. Not only was I able to block out the "noise" but it kinda gave me an extra push while lifting. It was an upper body day so didn't get to try it with squats, will see how that goes tomorrow.

mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariannej5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    3 weeks into my bulk, it's definitely been hard for me to see myself out on weight but surprisingly I'm okay with it. I've been trying out some great new recipes and loving food more than ever!! Haha. I've also have seen some early strength gains( I've been doing total body workout x3 a week). I know that I've got a long way to go but all you ladies are so motivational and I feel like I can really do this!

It also helps that I just broke up with my boyfriend so I want to wear sweatpants and eat ice cream anyway! Haha

Happy bulking!!

vspinkcouture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vspinkcouture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vspinkcouture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just curious, do you guys follow any special routines on this site? Like DTP or any of those? or do you just do your own split and nutrition? I usually just do my own split but i am wondering if doing a program designed for bulking would be better than what i am doing. currently have 5 days a week to spare in the gym, about an hour and 15 to 2 hours a day. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by vspinkcouture View Post
    Just curious, do you guys follow any special routines on this site? Like DTP or any of those? or do you just do your own split and nutrition? I usually just do my own split but i am wondering if doing a program designed for bulking would be better than what i am doing. currently have 5 days a week to spare in the gym, about an hour and 15 to 2 hours a day. Thanks!!
    If you are an experienced lifter then using your own routine is fine. Otherwise it is better to follow a professionally designed routine.

Page 270 of 330 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 ... LastLast