Page 330 of 330 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330
Results 9,871 to 9,897 of 9897
    nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Planning to be a first time bulker soon! Aiming to start around mid November. Currently sitting at 137. Been reading this thread and researching the forums. I'm super scared. I've worked so hard to bring my waist in (28 inches) and I'm terrified of seeing my stomach get big again lol. That's my only concern. Otherwise I've been really wanting to bulk and make gains in strength and size (arms, legs, booty).

Currently doing Ashley Horners becoming extraordinary. Once I'm done I think I'll be ready to bulk!

nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nikky78 View Post
    Planning to be a first time bulker soon! Aiming to start around mid November. Currently sitting at 137. Been reading this thread and researching the forums. I'm super scared. I've worked so hard to bring my waist in (28 inches) and I'm terrified of seeing my stomach get big again lol. That's my only concern. Otherwise I've been really wanting to bulk and make gains in strength and size (arms, legs, booty).

Currently doing Ashley Horners becoming extraordinary. Once I'm done I think I'll be ready to bulk!
    Correction....my waist measurement is 27 in..

Don't know how/if I can edit my posts.

lolaphun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Starting a long bulk next Monday 14th. Very excited to FINALLY commit to this after years of beating around the bush. Will be doing stronglifts to begin with. I don't own a scale or a kitchen scale so for the first few weeks I'm just going to eat my fill making sure I get enough protein fats carbs and just generally eating enough for my lifts to continue going up until I can afford both scales. Last time I weighed myself I was at 117 and that was maybe a month ago. Not much has changed since then. Also, after my son's birth I probably gained more fat so not sure about my bf % but it's probably 25-30% idk I'm 5'0

In on this! I am currently at 140 lbs (up 3 lbs since I upped my calories to maintenance).

I hope I did this right. Followed the stickies and the formula from Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle (which appear to be the same) and my maintenance is 2352 and bulking calories 2582. This is based on my starting weight of 137 and 27% bf. I'm 5'7".

I don't what I did before because I was eating at 2150, thinking that was my maintenance. That was still a big jump from my cutting cals of 1624 and then in the last month 1534.

Training wise I was doing Ashely Horner's Becoming Extraordinary. I've cycled through it twice. And before that I did her Magnify You. Not really new to lifting...just the idea of cutting and bulking. Think I've just been more about cut cut cut lol for the last couple of years. I think I'm ready for something a bit more challenging so I'm gonna give PHAT a shot.

I plan to take a week off from training this coming week. Just started working graveyard shifts and my body just feels it needs the break.. Wondering if I should just continue eating at maintenance or go into my bulk calories.

ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ostrovska18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did a cut with RP (Renaissance Periodization) for 11 weeks, lost 20lb. Few months later I did an 11 week mass following the same principles, aiming a gain of about 1lb per week. I was lenient with my diet, but forcing food down my throat became a thing, an uncomfortable thing. I went from 145 to 157 and did a before and after InBody scan (I realize there are margin of errors with these however I used this for comparison reasons). It showed a 4lb gain in lean body tissue and a 2% body fat increase. My clothes fit tighter, which sucked! I felt like a whale! It was difficult mentally with the weight gain but I needed the mental break from restrictive dieting beyond just maintenance. I gained LBM as expected/hoped according to RP. I'd been weight lifting for two years at this point. During mass phase, I followed RP's Female Physique Templates.

Are there no bulkers around these parts?

SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SolanaFitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

First Time Bulker - Lean Bulking

I'm currently doing a lean bulk...or at least trying to! LOL...

I started with a reverse diet back in May where my calories were around 1,389. I slowly (I mean SLOWLY) added calories each week and hit maintenance in July (around 1,550); hitting my lowest weight of 118lbs. From that point I started a lean bulk, and have seen my weight steadily increase along with my calories. As of my last weigh in (on Saturdays), I was 123.2lbs and my calories are at 2,180.

I've lost some definition, but I also attribute that to some of the holiday party binges I've had lately. :/ (I'm actually up 6 pounds from a binge on Wednesday). My measurements are about the same, though I did increase 1" in my waist and a 1/2" in my arms. I've made some gains, but not nearly as much as I'd like. I feel like I should be stronger, as I still hit failure at the same weight limits despite the increased calories, etc.

Anyway, just finished a 90-day Body Beast program, and am doing some "extra" Beast workouts this week before starting a training break on Monday. I'll most likely do some sort of yoga or stretching during the break and will also drop my calories back to maintenance (estimating around 1,700) while I'm not lifting.

On 1/1, I'll start another lifting program, but haven't decided which one yet. I plan to keep pushing up my calories as I'd like to hit 2,300 or even 2,500 by April. At that time I'll start cutting ahead of a competition I may participate in this summer.

I've really been struggling with the weight gain lately, since it fluctuates so much after one binge meal. I'm finding it difficult to determine how much I've gained in fat and lean mass, since my weight, waist and body fat numbers can increase drastically within a day. Tomorrow's weight will most likely be 4-6lbs up from last Saturday, but I know I haven't consumed close to 20,000 calories in excess during the few holiday binges I've had. Especially since I've introduced a few extra cardio workouts along with decreasing my calorie intake on other days to make up for said binge meals. LOL....

While I do enjoy the eating aspect of bulking (seriously....Christmas cookies are my weakness!!!), I'm not a fan of how it's making me feel or look, and am actually anxious to get back to cutting to remove some of the squishiness I've developed.

Merry Christmas!!!!

My bulk is on pause until further notice. My mom died 9 days ago. I really have no appetite and I'm not sure when I'll even train again. I need distractions from time to time so I'll be lurking.

samangeles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started bulking on october of 2016 at 123 lbs. Right now I'm eating 1950cals/day 100P/218C/75F and weight 125lbs. I plan to continue bulking for at least 3 more months, maybe longer. I'd stop to do a mini cut and then continue bulking. I am loving the process, loving the small gains and being able to lift more and more.

Next week I'll be upping my calories since i'm not seeing progress in my lifts. Im not sure if its because I'm lacking in my training (to scared of getting injured) or because i need more food. Guess time will decide.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by samangeles View Post
    Next week I'll be upping my calories since i'm not seeing progress in my lifts. Im not sure if its because I'm lacking in my training (to scared of getting injured) or because i need more food. Guess time will decide.
    Oh, this is what you meant. If you think you're not pushing hard enough, you're probably right. Many people who think they are pushing hard enough aren't as much as they could. You gotta get past that fear, if you have good form, full range of motion, and proper safety precautions when necessary (spotters/safeties), you'll be fine. People make strength gains at maintenance, even on cuts, your body has to have a reason to get stronger, so if you aren't pushing hard enough for your body to get stronger to compensate, it's going to stick with what's working for it.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am not a first time bulker, but I do feel like one. I have never really managed to get to my goal date.

I have always been very attached to my abs and from the moment they dissapear and my quads don't fit in my jeans anymore (muscle + fat + water retention from higher amount of carbs), I freak out and quit the bulking. It sucks, but for some reason I have never been (mentally) strong enough.

I now decided to bulk until the beginning of April, and I am determined to persevere till the end this time. Wish me luck! I really look forward to cut and to see my muscles become visible - well I hope something will become visible anyway-. But to see any muscles, I know I need to bulk now, and that's what I will keep telling myself every day until the end of March!

Also, I find it really difficult to keep track of the possible extra fat I'm gaining whilst bulking. Seriously the guy who came up with those caliper things: Qué? Impossible if you have to do it yourself. Upper back fat measurement? Not happening.
    Last edited by MaximeBt; 01-20-2017 at 02:54 PM.

alybaabaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by samangeles View Post
    I started bulking on october of 2016 at 123 lbs. Right now I'm eating 1950cals/day 100P/218C/75F and weight 125lbs. I plan to continue bulking for at least 3 more months, maybe longer. I'd stop to do a mini cut and then continue bulking. I am loving the process, loving the small gains and being able to lift more and more.

Catching up on this thread and wanted to say yes, raise those calories! From what I understand a 2 lb gain is a good goal each month, so I'd definitely up especially if lifts are stalling. Yay for more food!

Originally Posted by MaximeBt View Post
    I am not a first time bulker, but I do feel like one. I have never really managed to get to my goal date.

I have always been very attached to my abs and from the moment they dissapear and my quads don't fit in my jeans anymore (muscle + fat + water retention from higher amount of carbs), I freak out and quit the bulking. It sucks, but for some reason I have never been (mentally) strong enough.

I now decided to bulk until the beginning of April, and I am determined to persevere till the end this time. Wish me luck! I really look forward to cut and to see my muscles become visible - well I hope something will become visible anyway-. But to see any muscles, I know I need to bulk now, and that's what I will keep telling myself every day until the end of March!

Also, I find it really difficult to keep track of the possible extra fat I'm gaining whilst bulking. Seriously the guy who came up with those caliper things: Qué? Impossible if you have to do it yourself. Upper back fat measurement? Not happening.
    It's hard to gauge the difference between muscle and fat gains, I agree! And ha, I only use the calipers on my abdomen, it's too hard to be consistent anywhere else. Although, I'm trying to ignore it so I won't chicken out of bulking too soon. Hoping to go until April too. The weight fluctuations are what get me. Up 3 lbs one day, down 2 the next. Now that's it's been a couple months I'm taking the weekly averages but it's hard to guage at the beginning, figuring out the right caloric levels. Good luck with it this time around!

Originally Posted by nikky78 View Post
    My bulk is on pause until further notice. My mom died 9 days ago. I really have no appetite and I'm not sure when I'll even train again. I need distractions from time to time so I'll be lurking.
    Oh goodness, so sorry for your loss. 😓

violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) violetsauce has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yea me i started about three weeks ago and love and hate it at the same time.

i was quite skinnyfat so i realize it's the right way to go but my inner demons still hates the idea of being at a surolus at times. Put on like 4 lbs since i think a fair amount is probs muscles since three weeks ago also marks me getting serious about going to the gym again. idk for how long i can keep it up i feel like if i reach 149 i will probs fall into an inner crisis and go all cut but we shall see and well the scale likes to lie sometimes doesn't it.

franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10) franalan264 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think I'm a...second time bulker?! Its going to be much longer than my first bulk though! Currently gaining very slow on 2200ish cals and at 48.5kg... yes that is a lot, but Its a stark contrast from how I used to be heavier and restrict real bad! I got to such a low weight when I competed bikini, and now after a pretty quick reverse, I'm on this and am leaner than I ever though i'd be whilst eating that much food :') I encourage all you ladies to carry on even when its tough... hold yourself accountable, and you know you'll easily lose the fat after if you so wish. You're all brave af tbh!

MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaximeBt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by violetsauce View Post
    yea me i started about three weeks ago and love and hate it at the same time.

i was quite skinnyfat so i realize it's the right way to go but my inner demons still hates the idea of being at a surolus at times. Put on like 4 lbs since i think a fair amount is probs muscles since three weeks ago also marks me getting serious about going to the gym again. idk for how long i can keep it up i feel like if i reach 149 i will probs fall into an inner crisis and go all cut but we shall see and well the scale likes to lie sometimes doesn't it.
    This is so painfully relatable. Going to the gym 6 times out of 7 is not the hard part, it's the mental strength you need for bulking!!
    I know exactly where the first extra lb's of fat appear, and everytime I accidentally touch it (e.g. lower back fat), I freak out. I then open Instagram and look at all the fitness babes I follow and freak out even more :') Good times!

I am currently at 2500 kcal and weigh 64kg. Don't know until when I keep on going. Until I have a mental breakdown I guess :')
    Last edited by MaximeBt; 01-24-2017 at 12:13 PM.

finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey, everyone. i'm going to try and start a bulk soon. my nutrition is pretty good, i know my body, and i'd like to finally be strong. i'm already very lean, but i'm too lean, according to my hormones. oops.
    obviously the smartest choice is a slower bulk, but it's spooky to me to eat over maintenance. not really sure where maintenance even is for me! but i'm working that out. no worries.
    i have one question. you have to eat about 200 over maintenance, but. . . when? i still don't have form down pat, so i've been hesitating to up my intake, but i certainly want to. i also need to stick with an actual program, even though all my friends have just been encouraging me to "look up the girls on instagram who do lots of booty workouts". i'm 19 and i'd like to be having fun and living my life and not tracking calories or macros, but.. . well. . .

i will admit that i have a disordered eating issue. but the reason i admit this is because the support subforum for this is gone, and my lurking has proved that you all are a very supportive group of people. i'm not asking for help with my brain issues because i know you guys aren't qualified for that; but i know i have to gain weight to be healthy, and i want to be healthy! (:

so, again: do i start upping my intake right away, or do i wait until i'm making significant strength gains?

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by finnyskat View Post
    hey, everyone. i'm going to try and start a bulk soon. my nutrition is pretty good, i know my body, and i'd like to finally be strong. i'm already very lean, but i'm too lean, according to my hormones. oops.
    obviously the smartest choice is a slower bulk, but it's spooky to me to eat over maintenance. not really sure where maintenance even is for me! but i'm working that out. no worries.
    i have one question. you have to eat about 200 over maintenance, but. . . when? i still don't have form down pat, so i've been hesitating to up my intake, but i certainly want to. i also need to stick with an actual program, even though all my friends have just been encouraging me to "look up the girls on instagram who do lots of booty workouts". i'm 19 and i'd like to be having fun and living my life and not tracking calories or macros, but.. . well. . .

i will admit that i have a disordered eating issue. but the reason i admit this is because the support subforum for this is gone, and my lurking has proved that you all are a very supportive group of people. i'm not asking for help with my brain issues because i know you guys aren't qualified for that; but i know i have to gain weight to be healthy, and i want to be healthy! (:

so, again: do i start upping my intake right away, or do i wait until i'm making significant strength gains?
    It wouldn't hurt to eat above maintenance from the outset, but if you're leery, spend the few weeks to figure out maintenance while getting your form down then progress into a slight surplus gaining about 2 to 3# per month by slowly adding more food or simple increasing portions at each meal. With bulking you don't have to be too stringent with calorie counting, just monitor your weight trend and adjust accordingly. Biggest hurdle is ensuring your taking in enough protein and the rest is up to preference.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50) finnyskat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to eat above maintenance from the outset, but if you're leery, spend the few weeks to figure out maintenance while getting your form down then progress into a slight surplus gaining about 2 to 3# per month by slowly adding more food or simple increasing portions at each meal. With bulking you don't have to be too stringent with calorie counting, just monitor your weight trend and adjust accordingly. Biggest hurdle is ensuring your taking in enough protein and the rest is up to preference.
    i see!
    i ended up tracking calories and macros for a bit just to make sure i'm getting enough of most things. there's a lot of confusing information on things like carb cycling, cycling the TYPES of carbs you eat, when the best time to eat freakin' fruit is. . .
    i've read stickies and general information on whether or not that really matters, but i still don't know what's true and what isn't?

TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100) TomTuttle is not very well liked. (-100)
    I've started bulking. I track my calories and I roughly track my protein but not the other stuff because I've always been a pretty healthy eater since being a child (my mum introduced me to every single vegetable and I like most of them) so I just know how to avoid eating crap, and I feel weird if I don't eat enough vegetables. Tracking protein has made me eat waaaay more meat and eggs than usual tho which can't be hugely good for me, so I better start thinking more creatively about it. I'm aware that eating more meat and eggs is often also bringing my fat up, so I better buy some beans or something.

I'm a beginner, I've been going at my workout for about a month before starting the bulk and I had some small gains, so let's see how it goes from there. I've been thinking about changing up my routine also. It feels like too soon but also my current routine was reglecting a lot of stuff. So I tried Fierce 5 yesterday, though I'm not as fond of it. If you wanna see my current routine or have ideas go over to "Better beginner bulk workou" thread in the regular "Workout Programs" section (I can't post links yet apparently).

aurelieLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello everyone , currently on a bulk for my first bikini competition 🙈 Scary... just started last Saturday so like this until January slow and steady thanks to my amazing coach and then cut till the competition (April). So excited and nervous at the same time!

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aurelieLifts View Post
    Hello everyone , currently on a bulk for my first bikini competition ������ Scary... just started last Saturday so like this until January slow and steady thanks to my amazing coach and then cut till the competition (April). So excited and nervous at the same time!
    *Waves*
    Good luck on your bikini comp goals!

This thread tends to get lost a lot, I miss having a subforum for this to be stickied on. >.<
    Third time bulker. I just started upping my calories toward my bulking calories. I cut pretty aggressively, and I've learned my body really doesn't like going from that low to a surplus in one week. So by Sept I should be at maintenance, and going into my surplus. Maybe sooner, depends on how well I adjust.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

aurelieLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you girl and Good luck on your 3rd bulk !!! Yes I was always cutting but I actually feel like its all going into my butt and quads haha! So cannot wait to make gains but I hit some PRs at the gym on upper bosy yesterday so feeling great!

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    *Waves*
    Good luck on your bikini comp goals!

This thread tends to get lost a lot, I miss having a subforum for this to be stickied on. >.<
    Third time bulker. I just started upping my calories toward my bulking calories. I cut pretty aggressively, and I've learned my body really doesn't like going from that low to a surplus in one week. So by Sept I should be at maintenance, and going into my surplus. Maybe sooner, depends on how well I adjust.

TJfrance16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, i am 53, been lifting now since July, heavy 3x per week, have got to bench pressing 62kg for sets, max lift 78kg, deadlifting 74kg for sets, max lift 85kg. I have done the initial weight loss cycle and now want to bulk, would appreciate any advice as i am a bit bogged down with info, whether to carb cycle or not, etc etc. Want to build lean muscle but am a little aprehensive about gaining fat instead after all the hard work to lose it. I am 54kg at the moment. Thanks ladies

ammattero0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am 5'2" and weigh about 120 lbs. I have a minor shoulder and back injury (neither are broken or fractures), which I am getting pt for. I would like to bulk up. What type of exercises should I do, and how calories should I take. Also what should I do to get those calories? I would really appreciate some advice.

Newgirlcanada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi- I starting bulking at 2300 cal, 230g protein, 145 g carb, 90g fat 1 month ago with a full body lifting routine 4 days per week. I'm 5'6, 135 lbs, female. Although my lifts have gone up a bit, I feel like I'm gaining mostly fat. My problem areas are my legs/ ass and right now my saddlebags seem to be getting worse. I know I have very little muscle so cutting down right now to lose said saddlebags wouldn't really help me in the long run, correct? I think I'm just looking for reassurance that I'm going in the right direction with this bulk regardless of how disgusting I feel.
    Last edited by Newgirlcanada; 07-04-2019 at 06:51 AM.