Reply
Page 66 of 330 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 9897
  1. #1951
    Registered User andrerox80's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Age: 40
    Posts: 4,527
    Rep Power: 3190
    andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    andrerox80 is offline
    Originally Posted by mausi79 View Post
    So I've been tracking everything i eat just to make sure I'm taking in enough (which most days i am) On some days though i'm at the end of the day (like 8 or 9pm) and notice I've only eaten maybe 1500 cals so i eat another 400 clean meal. Will the fact that i'm eating lets say p.p., cereal and pb before bed have any effect on how i will gain the weight? Will that more likely go as fat storage? I'm going to try and add more to my day meals just haven't gotten it all down yet.

    Thanks again everyone for being so helpful and dealing with my questions
    not at all!! doesn't matter how much or what you eat at night. i like eating right before bed but it disturbs some people's sleep, unless it's something small. if this is the easiest way to get the cals in, it's fine, but i'm guessing you'd prefer to have them during the day. can you plan a little?

    i really like that you notice you're falling short and make up for it. that's a triumph. woo.

    i am doing well w/ bulking lately. mentally. a shift. have been consistently gaining some, and instead of shying away, i'm embracing it and increasing cals a little more. def hope this lasts, but also not naive, so taking advantage of it (like increasing the foods) while i'm like this.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #1952
    Muscle Bound! ms_mac's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
    Age: 51
    Posts: 5,705
    Rep Power: 8137
    ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ms_mac is offline
    Originally Posted by mausi79 View Post
    So I've been tracking everything i eat just to make sure I'm taking in enough (which most days i am) On some days though i'm at the end of the day (like 8 or 9pm) and notice I've only eaten maybe 1500 cals so i eat another 400 clean meal. Will the fact that i'm eating lets say p.p., cereal and pb before bed have any effect on how i will gain the weight? Will that more likely go as fat storage? I'm going to try and add more to my day meals just haven't gotten it all down yet.

    Thanks again everyone for being so helpful and dealing with my questions
    My biggest meal is usually right before bed.....anywhere from 400-700 cals. I have no sleep issues, actually sleep better with a full belly
    Reply With Quote

  3. #1953
    Registered User mausi79's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: New Jersey, United States
    Age: 41
    Posts: 246
    Rep Power: 143
    mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mausi79 is offline
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Nope. The only possible effect is it can give you reflux when sleeping

    I would try to get more in during the day. 400 cals is a lot for a pre-bed snack. No doubt your body could use more of that food during the day.
    Thanks I think my problem is i skimp during the day out of fear that i'll be hungry at night but have already filled my cals and macros. Definitely have to work on that.
    So is 200 cals better for a pre-bed snack?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #1954
    Registered User mausi79's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: New Jersey, United States
    Age: 41
    Posts: 246
    Rep Power: 143
    mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mausi79 is offline
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Nope. The only possible effect is it can give you reflux when sleeping

    I would try to get more in during the day. 400 cals is a lot for a pre-bed snack. No doubt your body could use more of that food during the day.
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    not at all!! doesn't matter how much or what you eat at night. i like eating right before bed but it disturbs some people's sleep, unless it's something small. if this is the easiest way to get the cals in, it's fine, but i'm guessing you'd prefer to have them during the day. can you plan a little?

    i really like that you notice you're falling short and make up for it. that's a triumph. woo.

    i am doing well w/ bulking lately. mentally. a shift. have been consistently gaining some, and instead of shying away, i'm embracing it and increasing cals a little more. def hope this lasts, but also not naive, so taking advantage of it (like increasing the foods) while i'm like this.
    My sleep has been very disturbed lately but definitely not from eating....Its all the water!

    Yay on embracing your bulk!

    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    My biggest meal is usually right before bed.....anywhere from 400-700 cals. I have no sleep issues, actually sleep better with a full belly
    wow ok i feel a lil better now Do you work out in the evening? My workouts are usually in the am so i guess more food should be around then?

    Thanks again everyone for being so helpful!
    Reply With Quote

  5. #1955
    Muscle Bound! ms_mac's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
    Age: 51
    Posts: 5,705
    Rep Power: 8137
    ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ms_mac is offline
    Originally Posted by mausi79 View Post
    My sleep has been very disturbed lately but definitely not from eating....Its all the water!

    Yay on embracing your bulk!



    wow ok i feel a lil better now Do you work out in the evening? My workouts are usually in the am so i guess more food should be around then?

    Thanks again everyone for being so helpful!
    Nope, I work out mid morning - around 10ish. However I find it hard to train if I eat a large meal before hand, hence the big pre bed meal and then just a small 200-300 cal breakfast before training.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #1956
    Registered User mausi79's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: New Jersey, United States
    Age: 41
    Posts: 246
    Rep Power: 143
    mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mausi79 is offline
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Nope, I work out mid morning - around 10ish. However I find it hard to train if I eat a large meal before hand, hence the big pre bed meal and then just a small 200-300 cal breakfast before training.
    That's pretty much my workout time too. Usually have a 300 cal breakfast at 8 then by 11 when I'm done training I'm ready for another 300 cal meal
    Reply With Quote

  7. #1957
    Registered User mybodybliss's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Australia
    Age: 48
    Posts: 175
    Rep Power: 204
    mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mybodybliss is offline

    Question

    Hey ladies!

    I'm not sure if I need to be here or in the cutting thread so hopefully I can get some advice?(and please forgive the newbie ';cluelessness ;-)')

    a little about where I'm at...
    april 2010-december 2010 I lost a total of 17kgs(37.5lbs) which took me from 67kg(147.7lbs)?BF down to 50kg(110.2lbs)/20% bodyfat. I did this through ALOT of cardio, weight training 2-3 days per week(light/high rep) and keeping track of calories. You can actually check out my photos in my profile(the bikini ones) to get an idea of how this looked. problem though was that even at that weight I wasn't completely happy and on joining this website a few months ago?a few of you recommended for me to build some muscle in order to rectify my pear shape.
    Since January though, I've slowly put on 2.5-3kg(5.5-6.6lbs),now 52.5-53kg(115-116lbs/22%BF). Only in the last 5 weeks though have I been lifting heavy with lower reps(week 5 of 12 week Female training bible).

    So I have a question...
    1) do I concentrate on maintaining my current weight until I finish the remainder of my programme OR can I consider slowly cutting from next week(week 6) OR do I keep on bulking until the end of the program? I'm really not feeling too comfortable with putting on any more weight and feel as fluffy as I could care to go!

    I am already noticing that my strength is greatly improving and I'm also seeing some muscle gain.

    where to from here? hopefully in your wisdom you can point me in the right direction :-)

    Thanks, Monique xx
    Reply With Quote

  8. #1958
    BittyBro dreahere's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Location: Massachusetts, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 5,944
    Rep Power: 7168
    dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dreahere is offline
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    I have no sleep issues, actually sleep better with a full belly
    Me too. Especially if I eat something not terribly high in volume, but high in calories and fat. Peanut butter or cheese right before bed = win.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

    http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote

  9. #1959
    Registered User toodlepip's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Age: 51
    Posts: 1,405
    Rep Power: 1790
    toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    toodlepip is offline
    Originally Posted by mybodybliss View Post
    Hey ladies!

    I'm not sure if I need to be here or in the cutting thread so hopefully I can get some advice?(and please forgive the newbie ';cluelessness ;-)')

    a little about where I'm at...
    april 2010-december 2010 I lost a total of 17kgs(37.5lbs) which took me from 67kg(147.7lbs)?BF down to 50kg(110.2lbs)/20% bodyfat. I did this through ALOT of cardio, weight training 2-3 days per week(light/high rep) and keeping track of calories. You can actually check out my photos in my profile(the bikini ones) to get an idea of how this looked. problem though was that even at that weight I wasn't completely happy and on joining this website a few months ago?a few of you recommended for me to build some muscle in order to rectify my pear shape.
    Since January though, I've slowly put on 2.5-3kg(5.5-6.6lbs),now 52.5-53kg(115-116lbs/22%BF). Only in the last 5 weeks though have I been lifting heavy with lower reps(week 5 of 12 week Female training bible).

    So I have a question...
    1) do I concentrate on maintaining my current weight until I finish the remainder of my programme OR can I consider slowly cutting from next week(week 6) OR do I keep on bulking until the end of the program? I'm really not feeling too comfortable with putting on any more weight and feel as fluffy as I could care to go!

    I am already noticing that my strength is greatly improving and I'm also seeing some muscle gain.

    where to from here? hopefully in your wisdom you can point me in the right direction :-)

    Thanks, Monique xx
    What is your ultimate goal?

    I think you look fantastic. Instead of bulking/cutting why don't you recomp - maintain and continue to lift heavy and increase strength & muscle gains?
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

    “It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth
    Reply With Quote

  10. #1960
    Registered User Freak4Fitness's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Canada
    Age: 53
    Posts: 629
    Rep Power: 175
    Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak4Fitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Freak4Fitness is offline

    Thumbs up Agreed!

    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    What is your ultimate goal?

    I think you look fantastic. Instead of bulking/cutting why don't you recomp - maintain and continue to lift heavy and increase strength & muscle gains?
    I don't think you need to cut your weight seems right on par for you...

    Continue to lift heavy, increasing weight! Work it gurl!
    "Eating to lose is a mind Fawk, but there is science and logic behind it, then we'll get you bulking and mess with your mind some more" - Freebird
    "I lift heavy things, then put them back down...seriously, it's not rocket science..." -Kimm4
    "My two cents, not everyone wants to hear it though... If doing this was easy, everyone would be fit." - Rowyn
    Success is relative...Define Your Own! - Soopamyko
    Reply With Quote

  11. #1961
    Watch Me Melt! take.it.off's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 31
    Posts: 687
    Rep Power: 2918
    take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    take.it.off is offline

    Progress So Far

    Hey guys,

    I've been building now for just over a month and so far I feel pretty good about it. I think I've stayed on the leaner side, and I certainly see big changes in my upper body (as do other people), so I I think I am on track. The only crappy part is the little tummy gain, but I know it's temporary. I can also tell my abdomen has gotten thicker - but I am actually kind of happy about it because I was purposely trying to do that in order to stretch some of my loose skin.

    Anyways, if you want to check out my diet, I have it posted here: http://watchmemelt.weebly.com/diet.html

    I am being VERY strategic about my diet and I think it is helping:
    - protein spread out evenly throughout day
    - no more than 5g of fat pre & post workout & the rest spread out evenly amongst the other meals
    - 25% of carbs for the day at breakfast, 25% of carbs pre workout and 25% of carbs post workout, and the rest evenly spread out amongst the remaining meals.
    - Almost entirely Dairy free, gluten free and wheat free (a new thing I'm trying that im loving so far - more energy, less bloat, better digestion etc.)

    EDIT: Forgot to mention that the oatmeal in the plan at the link above, was only temporary as I needed to use up my big bag lol. I replaced that with Quinoa now. And the only trace dairy in my diet is in my protein powder.

    As for training, I'm hitting it hard and heavy and trying to increase weights weekly or bi-weekly. I'm tracking everything and making great strength gains.

    Here are some progress pics so far.
    Last edited by take.it.off; 05-19-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #1962
    Registered User shan123's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2010
    Location: United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 383
    Rep Power: 270
    shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shan123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    shan123 is offline
    im oh so jealous of you ladies right now....was just staring a cake in the work breakroom wishing i were back to my bulking days, enjoy it ladies. im back to my cutting diet, cant wait to see what lies beneath all the extra fluff ive gained
    Reply With Quote

  13. #1963
    Registered User AprilShowers13's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
    Age: 40
    Posts: 613
    Rep Power: 321
    AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AprilShowers13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    AprilShowers13 is offline
    Originally Posted by take.it.off View Post
    Hey guys,

    I've been building now for just over a month and so far I feel pretty good about it. I think I've stayed on the leaner side, and I certainly see big changes in my upper body (as do other people), so I I think I am on track. The only crappy part is the little tummy gain, but I know it's temporary. I can also tell my abdomen has gotten thicker - but I am actually kind of happy about it because I was purposely trying to do that in order to stretch some of my loose skin.

    Anyways, if you want to check out my diet, I have it posted here: http://watchmemelt.weebly.com/diet.html

    I am being VERY strategic about my diet and I think it is helping:
    - protein spread out evenly throughout day
    - no more than 5g of fat pre & post workout & the rest spread out evenly amongst the other meals
    - 25% of carbs for the day at breakfast, 25% of carbs pre workout and 25% of carbs post workout, and the rest evenly spread out amongst the remaining meals.
    - Dairy free, gluten free and wheat free (a new thing I'm trying that im loving so far - more energy, less bloat, better digestion etc.)

    As for training, I'm hitting it hard and heavy and trying to increase weights weekly or bi-weekly. I'm tracking everything and making great strength gains.

    Here are some progress pics so far.
    Sounds like you are doing good so far. I'll be following your dairy-free diet for updates.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #1964
    Registered User andrerox80's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Age: 40
    Posts: 4,527
    Rep Power: 3190
    andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    andrerox80 is offline
    take.it.off - i love the 3rd pic.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #1965
    Registered User mybodybliss's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Australia
    Age: 48
    Posts: 175
    Rep Power: 204
    mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mybodybliss is offline

    Talking thanks!

    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    What is your ultimate goal?

    I think you look fantastic. Instead of bulking/cutting why don't you recomp - maintain and continue to lift heavy and increase strength & muscle gains?
    thanks so much for taking the time to reply :-) that was actually what I instinctively was wanting to do(re-comp) so it's great to have that confirmation! If I am recomping at the moment then being 5 weeks in to my program, do I then cut back a little at completion of the program in order to 'see' the definition?

    My 'ultimate goal' is to have a beautifully balanced and lean body and I'd love to lose the saddlebags and booty fat :-( Basically I want to be tiny but muscular with femine curves(eg:sports model?)
    I've posted up some photos I took last night of my 'problem areas' and .
    you'll see from them where my concerns lie. Any further advice is welcomed and greatly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #1966
    Registered User mybodybliss's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Australia
    Age: 48
    Posts: 175
    Rep Power: 204
    mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mybodybliss is offline

    Talking thanks!

    Originally Posted by Freak4Fitness View Post
    I don't think you need to cut your weight seems right on par for you...

    Continue to lift heavy, increasing weight! Work it gurl!
    thanks for the encouragment! certainly what I need to hear right now :-) and thanks for the advice.
    Btw, where's the re-comp thread?
    Reply With Quote

  17. #1967
    Watch Me Melt! take.it.off's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 31
    Posts: 687
    Rep Power: 2918
    take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    take.it.off is offline
    Originally Posted by AprilShowers13 View Post
    Sounds like you are doing good so far. I'll be following your dairy-free diet for updates.
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    take.it.off - i love the 3rd pic.
    Thanks ladies!!
    Reply With Quote

  18. #1968
    little anabolic ant Barefoot_Zosia's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2010
    Posts: 41
    Rep Power: 0
    Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Barefoot_Zosia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Barefoot_Zosia is offline

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    A good ten pounds would be great. I'd only worry about gaining too fast if I started getting a beer gut after a few weeks

    2250 should be a very good starting point for you. Initial gains will come quick as you fill your glycogen stores and get some carb bloating. I think I was gaining close to 1 pound a week for the first couple of months. Started at 109# too.

    You've been eating 2250 for a few weeks and haven't felt a change?? You should have by now. Maybe you need to revisit your lifting and cardio routine. Do you get enough sleep?

    I wouldn't tweak the calories for 6 weeks or so. Unless you start losing weight
    Freebird -

    Thanks so much for the feedback. It really helps to hear from someone who started at about the same point as me, and has made such progress. It's also reassuring to hear that I shouldn't worry if weight gain happens more quickly at first. Seeing my weight spike ~3lbs in two weeks was freaking me out a bit. I know the numbers are supposed to go up over time, but I still have some hangups about gaining bodyfat so I don't want to gain TOO fast and have it all be fat. I'll try to just stay away from the scale for a few more weeks... give it time, give it time, give it time. Dammit, I'm so impatient! I want lean muscle now!

    It looks like I spoke a little too soon about not seeing any increase in energy & strength... Wednesday's lift session was SLAMMIN. I don't know if it was the extra food, being antsy from sitting on my butt all day at work, the extra encouragement from you, or a combination thereof, but I was thrilled regardless! We'll see if tomorrow goes as well.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #1969
    Registered User mausi79's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: New Jersey, United States
    Age: 41
    Posts: 246
    Rep Power: 143
    mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mausi79 is offline
    So yesterday i was having problems reaching my cals and macros. Buuuuut today i may have went over more than i was supposed to with some whip cream, strawberries, a mini molten lava cake and a scoop of ice cream on the side. Was already at 1600 before that..so i kinda lost track. I did split it with my friend and son though
    I mean i know I'm supposed to be bulking but i feel gross!

    Sorry just had to rant a lil.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #1970
    Registered User andrerox80's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Age: 40
    Posts: 4,527
    Rep Power: 3190
    andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    andrerox80 is offline
    Originally Posted by mausi79 View Post
    So yesterday i was having problems reaching my cals and macros. Buuuuut today i may have went over more than i was supposed to with some whip cream, strawberries, a mini molten lava cake and a scoop of ice cream on the side. Was already at 1600 before that..so i kinda lost track. I did split it with my friend and son though
    I mean i know I'm supposed to be bulking but i feel gross!

    Sorry just had to rant a lil.
    if you went over, it's totally fine. really. but hard mentally when you're just starting. but is today a workout day? b/c it would probably make your workout even better. maybe make it a legs day, the toughest. molten lava cake sounds so yummy! hope you enjoyed it. it's nice that you went out w/ your friend and son. how old is your son? are you like me where treats make you feel kinda crappy and need "healthy" food, even though you have plenty of room for the not-as-healthy foods and know it won't negatively affect your physique or make you gain more fat than muscle? it's silly, but whatever works. or did you mean you feel kinda gross in terms of physically feeling more full or something?
    Reply With Quote

  21. #1971
    Registered User mausi79's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: New Jersey, United States
    Age: 41
    Posts: 246
    Rep Power: 143
    mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mausi79 is offline
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    if you went over, it's totally fine. really. but hard mentally when you're just starting. but is today a workout day? b/c it would probably make your workout even better. maybe make it a legs day, the toughest. molten lava cake sounds so yummy! hope you enjoyed it. it's nice that you went out w/ your friend and son. how old is your son? are you like me where treats make you feel kinda crappy and need "healthy" food, even though you have plenty of room for the not-as-healthy foods and know it won't negatively affect your physique or make you gain more fat than muscle? it's silly, but whatever works. or did you mean you feel kinda gross in terms of physically feeling more full or something?
    We're so much alike! Eating that just made me feel crappy because it wasn't "healthy food". Although the bloat from the dairy added to the gross feeling.....bloat always makes me feel fatter. This is all just mentally hard.
    Unfortunately tues was my leg day and yesterday was back and bi's so that leaves today with abs and cardio (only walking) but i am going to be doing pretty strenuous yard work as well. The lawn needs mowing and the backyard needs major cleanup from my overly large dogs ewwwww!

    Oh and my lil guy..he's 9 and the best!
    Reply With Quote

  22. #1972
    Registered User toodlepip's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Age: 51
    Posts: 1,405
    Rep Power: 1790
    toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    toodlepip is offline
    Originally Posted by mybodybliss View Post
    thanks so much for taking the time to reply :-) that was actually what I instinctively was wanting to do(re-comp) so it's great to have that confirmation! If I am recomping at the moment then being 5 weeks in to my program, do I then cut back a little at completion of the program in order to 'see' the definition?

    My 'ultimate goal' is to have a beautifully balanced and lean body and I'd love to lose the saddlebags and booty fat :-( Basically I want to be tiny but muscular with femine curves(eg:sports model?)
    I've posted up some photos I took last night of my 'problem areas' and .
    you'll see from them where my concerns lie. Any further advice is welcomed and greatly appreciated.
    There is a recomping thread around here somewhere. Rowan is a brilliant example of how to do it. I think she recomped for ages and earlier this spring did a bit of a cut. If that's what you are interested in doing I'd follow her journal which contains a wealth of information.

    I think recomping is a nice slow and steady approach - but you have to be patient. That's the killer part - the changes aren't as 'quick' as cutting/bulking phases - but they do allow you to maintain your sanity a bit better (at least that's the situation for me )

    Hope you find what works for you!
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

    “It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth
    Reply With Quote

  23. #1973
    Registered User Freak17's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 29
    Posts: 335
    Rep Power: 270
    Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Freak17 is offline
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    tight on waist or legs? regardless, i do think you should go for 5 more lbs. b/c i really don't see fat gain and your progress is awesome. i hope that's exactly how my bulk goes. you look fantastic. yeah, i am worried abt when i'll have to cut too. i have a long ways to go, but i don't wanna have to "embrace the suck!" am guessing after that, depending on how it goes, i'll recomp instead of bulk/cut. how many cals are you bulking on? what's your maintenance? maybe when you do decide to cut (i really say keep bulking for now), start w/ maintenance for a bit? like a break, and getting used to lower cals before lowering further. or just go down more slowly. but, again, i can totally see your gains.
    Oh, just my thighs/legs. My waist is almost the same, that's how I mange to still fit in my old barbie pants lol. Thanks a lot, I'm glad to hear that and I'm pretty sure you'll ace your bulk, you seem to know a lot. :-) I will keep up with lifting heavy and bulking for some more and then I will have to CUT grrrr! I've never really figured my maintenance calories cause it changes depending on whether I swim/play soccer/have school/not do anything lol but for the most part I assume it's 2000 (according to the nutrients thread, it's slightly over that), the thing is I'm hypERthyroid (I found out after I started bulking) and for some reason now that I'm bulking I got used to eating +2200, I have days where I swam and would eat 3000 and still be hungry. :-/ My heart rate is always up even though I'm fit and everything and I'm always hottt!-yeah symptoms!! I'm seeing a doctor for that but other than that, I don't know.


    Speaking of doctors, that old man cracked up when I told him I was bulking to gain muscle. :-8
    Reply With Quote

  24. #1974
    Registered User Freak17's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 29
    Posts: 335
    Rep Power: 270
    Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Freak17 is offline
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Me too. Especially if I eat something not terribly high in volume, but high in calories and fat. Peanut butter or cheese right before bed = win.
    Me three! I usually have a fair dinner anywhere from 300-600cal, and when I'm cutting I go for pre-bed casein protein shake! It helps 'fill' my stomach cause it kinda thickens and it just puts me to sleep lol so I don't keep going to the fridge for snacks!!
    Reply With Quote

  25. #1975
    BittyBro dreahere's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Location: Massachusetts, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 5,944
    Rep Power: 7168
    dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dreahere is offline
    Crossposted from my journal. I'm just so excited to see my rear delt growing, I can't even stand it.

    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

    http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote

  26. #1976
    Registered User mybodybliss's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Location: Australia
    Age: 48
    Posts: 175
    Rep Power: 204
    mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mybodybliss is offline

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    There is a recomping thread around here somewhere. Rowan is a brilliant example of how to do it. I think she recomped for ages and earlier this spring did a bit of a cut. If that's what you are interested in doing I'd follow her journal which contains a wealth of information.

    I think recomping is a nice slow and steady approach - but you have to be patient. That's the killer part - the changes aren't as 'quick' as cutting/bulking phases - but they do allow you to maintain your sanity a bit better (at least that's the situation for me )

    Hope you find what works for you!
    thanks again! I'll check out Rowans profile and hopefully gain a little knowledge! I'm STILL trying to find the re-comp thread....anyone know what it's called?
    Reply With Quote

  27. #1977
    Registered User Freak17's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Age: 29
    Posts: 335
    Rep Power: 270
    Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Freak17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Freak17 is offline
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Crossposted from my journal. I'm just so excited to see my rear delt growing, I can't even stand it.

    Wow, nice definition AND size! Good job. :-)
    Reply With Quote

  28. #1978
    BittyBro dreahere's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Location: Massachusetts, United States
    Age: 57
    Posts: 5,944
    Rep Power: 7168
    dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dreahere is offline
    Originally Posted by Freak17 View Post
    Wow, nice definition AND size! Good job. :-)
    Thanks! I really REALLY hate training my shoulders, so any progress there feels like a victory.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

    http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote

  29. #1979
    Watch Me Melt! take.it.off's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 31
    Posts: 687
    Rep Power: 2918
    take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    take.it.off is offline
    Quick question: Yesterday I weighed myself for the first time into my bulk. It's been 2 months so far and I've gained 13lbs - 7 of which are muscle and 6 are fat. I was really pleased with this. Anybody have any input into weather this is good, bad, slow, fast??? I have no idea lol. But I feel good

    Current stats: 148lbs, 18.9%BF and I'm 5'7".

    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote

  30. #1980
    Bulking freebirdmac's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Age: 61
    Posts: 15,747
    Rep Power: 19217
    freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    freebirdmac is offline
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Crossposted from my journal. I'm just so excited to see my rear delt growing, I can't even stand it.

    Looks great! Keep it up

    Originally Posted by take.it.off View Post
    Quick question: Yesterday I weighed myself for the first time into my bulk. It's been 2 months so far and I've gained 13lbs - 7 of which are muscle and 6 are fat. I was really pleased with this. Anybody have any input into weather this is good, bad, slow, fast??? I have no idea lol. But I feel good

    Current stats: 148lbs, 18.9%BF and I'm 5'7".

    Thanks!
    I don't know how you determined fat and muscle gains. What really matter is what you see. Are you happy? Do you feel you're gaining fat too quickly? 13 pounds is a lot in two months but a bunch of that could be glycogen and water. Ultimately you have to look in the mirror and at picts and make your own judgement call. If you like what you are seeing then you're good to go
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. First time working out. Here's my progress.
    By JakeD in forum Workout Journals
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 07:26 PM
  2. first time post pics here...
    By donny82 in forum Post Your Pictures and Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 03:53 AM
  3. 6'2 175-180 first time pics in here
    By Paper Wings in forum Post Your Pictures and Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 06:46 PM
  4. My first time posting pics here
    By f4idan in forum Post Your Pictures and Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 06:13 PM
  5. First time Posting pics here....and NEW
    By StillWorkin in forum Post Your Pictures and Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts