Page 195 of 330 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,850 of 9897
    toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    My maintenance is around 1900. Yours should be around there as well. Could be why you binge
    Could be. But trying to cut off a few pounds slowly at the moment. Past week cals averaged under 1550 per day and I gained a pound...go figure.

I know it's not real gain.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lovinlife8402 View Post
    Ok so I was told to maybe start this bulk. I've read multiple posts about it and it seems pretty interesting. I'm 5'1 and weigh about 114 pounds. I have some muscle definition on me. But I want to see more definition. I'm kind scared about the bulk part, I'm pretty obsessed with weight and don't like gaining any weight(I guess in a way i've got a problem with that) It seems everyone seems to be having pretty good progress with it. But the thought of gaining weight is freaking me out. Can anyone give me any more tips? I need some encouragement here...lol Please help!
    The best encouragement I can give you is to try to weed through all the pages in this thread and find pictures comparing pre-bulk and post-bulk. I have seen several where the women look so much better with 10 pounds on them. Besides that, you'll see if you read through here also that everyone has the freakouts and issues that go with bulking. It's not always easy. But you need to get over the fear of gaining weight if you want more muscle definition. If you're too scared to gain weight, you'll just end up spinning your wheels.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So despite barely having eaten for the past 3 days, I managed to gain 2 pounds LOL Of course then I remember being at the beach over the weekend and the fact that I had excessive carbs there, plus probably eating way over maintenance and then only really being able to eat carbs the past few days, pizza for dinner at my son's games the past two nights. So it's most likely just water or bloat for the most part, maybe some gains but doubtful.

I thought I was just about 100% yesterday and ate normally until dinner when I only had the slice of pizza which was still putting me way below my calories. But I figured I could make it up with my snack at night which has seriously been my favorite thing to eat lately - greek yogurt, nut butter, and chocolate chips. So much for that - I had to dump a lot of it down the sink because the taste of the peanut butter was gagging me Monday night I'd had it and didn't feel so hot afterwards but I figured it was because I had to shovel a huge amount of calories down in a short period of time. Then Tuesday morning I came down with some stomach bug. So it's like since that was one of the last things I ate, it's not sitting well now. Ugh - could be a problem now with getting my fats and calories in. I'm just gonna have to find ways to improvise, which shouldn't be hard. I'll have to go on a cheese binge or something LOL

I was able to work out yesterday and today. Yesterday was ok but today was legs and it was rough. I got a pretty decent workout in, though, but was super queasy by the end. I'm hearing, though, that whatever this stomach bug is that's going around is taking a few days to clear out completely.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks! I guess I am not too far off with the 2200 then

I'd have you around 2000-2100 based on a 4x week workout. It's possible it's higher depending on your daily, outside the gym, activity. Your initial loss could have been a bunch of water throwing off your thinking. You may have been at a .5+ deficit rather than 1.

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi new to bulking here! So I maintain on pretty high cals already (~3300) & after working out what my macros are like I'm getting about 300g protein a day! This seems like an obscene amount but it's just the way my food choices go. Think this will be detrimental to my gains, considering it will mean lower carbs/fat for energy?
    Last edited by tahinilove; 06-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tahinilove View Post
    Hi new to bulking here! So I maintain on pretty high cals already (~3300) & after working out what my macros are like I'm getting about 300g protein a day! This seems like an obscene amount but it's just the way my food choices go. Think this will be detrimental to my gains, considering it will mean lower carbs/fat for energy?
    I don't think it'll be detrimental to your gains, but it's far more protein than you need or can use. I'd work towards lowering that amount with more carbs and fats. There are lots of good recipes out there for healthy muffins, cupcakes, cookies, etc that can be utilized.

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't think it'll be detrimental to your gains, but it's far more protein than you need or can use. I'd work towards lowering that amount with more carbs and fats. There are lots of good recipes out there for healthy muffins, cupcakes, cookies, etc that can be utilized.
    Thanks! I'll try reduce it down with more carbs fats-should be fun!

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Thanks! I guess I am not too far off with the 2200 then
    I workout 3-4 days a week and my maintenance is around 2200-2300! It could quite possibly be 2200 if you're active outside the gym!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Everyone! I haven't checked in here in a while. This last week has SUCKED. It was my birthday so I drank on two days and my workouts suffered because I was dehydrated and felt like poop. Then on my actual birthday I got a stomach virus. I feel like death and I look too skinny. I'm worried about losing any gains and struggling to get my strength back up. I'm a very impatient person so recovering will suck. To add to it, my husband is working nights right now and has a ton of dumb stuff on base going on, so I'm stuck alone with a VERY unruly 2 year old. FML.

End bitchiness

On a positive note, I posted a couple of pictures on my ******** and some of my friends have told me they notice a big difference and I got a lot of "wows" so I felt pretty good about that!

Originally Posted by Sarah97 View Post
    Hey Everyone! I haven't checked in here in a while. This last week has SUCKED. It was my birthday so I drank on two days and my workouts suffered because I was dehydrated and felt like poop. Then on my actual birthday I got a stomach virus. I feel like death and I look too skinny. I'm worried about losing any gains and struggling to get my strength back up. I'm a very impatient person so recovering will suck. To add to it, my husband is working nights right now and has a ton of dumb stuff on base going on, so I'm stuck alone with a VERY unruly 2 year old. FML.

End bitchiness

On a positive note, I posted a couple of pictures on my ******** and some of my friends have told me they notice a big difference and I got a lot of "wows" so I felt pretty good about that!
    Hope you have a better week!

I love it when people notice/tell me I'm looking bigger-makes me feel so progressive!

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    I workout 3-4 days a week and my maintenance is around 2200-2300! It could quite possibly be 2200 if you're active outside the gym!
    Damn you're lucky! That's a sweet number. What did you go up to when you were bulking?

Sarah - you won't lose any strength or gains from just a few days off...don't sweat it.

Not much happening with me. Back is slowly getting better. Tried doing a back workout on the w/e but all the rows were a no go...too painful. Was able to finally do a few squats in my leg w/o using only a med ball. 3 days later and I still have DOMS.

The 8x8 workouts are crazy...just can't believe how sore I am from them...feels like that soreness you get when you haven't hit the weights in a long time and are using muscles you didn't know you had. Did biceps & chest this morning and my arms feel totally dead.

I think my initial impression of going lighter (in some cases substantially) weights was I wasn't really working hard...but damn all this soreness is telling me differently.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Damn you're lucky! That's a sweet number. What did you go up to when you were bulking?.
    Well, maintenance changes based on activity, and since it's been getting nice out I've been super busy! I was bulking during the winter so unfortunately I wasn't burning so much then! Hahaha! I have my bodymedia back on the go now, and I didn't have it when I was bulking but my maintenance on a normal week is ~2100. I bulked on anywhere from 2150-2400 calories.

I find my bodymedia is super accurate for me though, and the last time I ate to match the numbers it gave me I maintained my weight perfectly. I'm not losing like it says I should be- but strange things can happen when you diet for a while so I still believe that I'll be able to maintain my weight on those numbers once I increase my calories. My boyfriend and I have been doing a lot of laborious things + lifitng + getting outside a lot. I don't stop! So I'm excited about going back to maintenance- it'll be fun

Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Not much happening with me. Back is slowly getting better. Tried doing a back workout on the w/e but all the rows were a no go...too painful. Was able to finally do a few squats in my leg w/o using only a med ball. 3 days later and I still have DOMS.

The 8x8 workouts are crazy...just can't believe how sore I am from them...feels like that soreness you get when you haven't hit the weights in a long time and are using muscles you didn't know you had. Did biceps & chest this morning and my arms feel totally dead.

I think my initial impression of going lighter (in some cases substantially) weights was I wasn't really working hard...but damn all this soreness is telling me differently.
    Sorry to hear about your back! Hope it gets better soon!

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Is it just me or as soon as you decide to bulk your body realises and you go super hungry!?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is it just me or as soon as you decide to bulk your body realises and you go super hungry!?
    Nope. Many here were not eating enough to begin with or coming off a leaning out phase.

Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I went to the gym today for some back and bis and everything was on point except my deadlift, but I'm not sweating it considering I was sick for a while.

Does anybody here do two a days? I usually do my workout in the later part of the morning, and by the evening I get so bored I toy with the idea of going back for more. I need a life lol -_-

I went to the gym today for some back and bis and everything was on point except my deadlift, but I'm not sweating it considering I was sick for a while.

Does anybody here do two a days? I usually do my workout in the later part of the morning, and by the evening I get so bored I toy with the idea of going back for more. I need a life lol -_-
    Lord no...I might go for a walk or a spin in the evenings (I work out mornings) but I can't fathom going to the gym twice a day. Way too much other stuff to do...

lol I figured no one does! I just get this second wind in the evening, and there's literally nothing to do in this area!

lol I figured no one does! I just get this second wind in the evening, and there's literally nothing to do in this area!
    Wish I had that problem! I've got two little girls (and their activities), work f/t, have a couple gardens and a perpetually messy house to clean...most of the time there just isn't enough time in the day...

So I've really been thinking about what FBM said about eating under maintenance setting off binges and have decided to up cals and to forget about losing. I look fine at the moment, not skinny but not chunky so rather than yo-yoing around and wasting time I'm going to feed myself properly. Will aim for 1800 cals average and see where that takes me. I'm hoping it's maintenance...at worst it's a very slow bulk which is the plan come fall anyway.

As for lifting...been doing Gironda's 8x8 for a few weeks now and figure I'll be switching soon. It's pretty awesome but takes some getting used to when heavy/low is your usual. Have been dumbfounded by how sore I've been until I just did some reading on German Volume Training (10x10) which isn't very far off it and how crazy DOMS is expected.

Plan is I'll go back to PHAT soon and every couple of months throw in 4 weeks of 8x8 or 10x10. Only problem could be my back so I'll have to sub out some rows for the time being.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi, bulking ladies. Thought I would check in since I haven't for awhile.

Not really bulking any more. Some (most) days I'm eating slightly below maintenance and some a little above, so I'm probably on a very very slow cut at this point. Reason being, first I tweaked my piriformis and couldn't lift lower body for a good two weeks and then I found out I'm having minor surgery July 9th, followed almost certainly by big time major surgery some time after that this summer. I figure if I can't do *anything* for four to six weeks and then can just lift baby weights for awhile, all my muscle's gonna atrophy anyway and there goes the last year and a half of busting my ass, lol.

Anyway, my goal right now is just to go into surgery as strong and as conditioned as I can so that my recovery will hopefully be as smooth as possible. I'm hanging at 120-121 now when I'm not bloated, so I figure I gained a good solid 3-4 pounds of non-water weight this round of bulking. Happy with that. Hope everyone's doing well!
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Hi, bulking ladies. Thought I would check in since I haven't for awhile.

Not really bulking any more. Some (most) days I'm eating slightly below maintenance and some a little above, so I'm probably on a very very slow cut at this point. Reason being, first I tweaked my piriformis and couldn't lift lower body for a good two weeks and then I found out I'm having minor surgery July 9th, followed almost certainly by big time major surgery some time after that this summer. I figure if I can't do *anything* for four to six weeks and then can just lift baby weights for awhile, all my muscle's gonna atrophy anyway and there goes the last year and a half of busting my ass, lol.

Anyway, my goal right now is just to go into surgery as strong and as conditioned as I can so that my recovery will hopefully be as smooth as possible. I'm hanging at 120-121 now when I'm not bloated, so I figure I gained a good solid 3-4 pounds of non-water weight this round of bulking. Happy with that. Hope everyone's doing well!
    Hey Drea - I lurk in your journal and have been reading about all you are dealing with...got my fingers crossed all goes well with you.

Hey, everyone! I haven't checked in for a while, either. Sarah, I had a stomach bug last week, too - I have FINALLY just gotten my appetite back and it took about a week. I came down with it Tuesday and I actually thought I felt okay the next day but was not able to get anywhere near all of my calories in through last weekend and I think Tuesday I was finally able to. Somehow, though, when I weighed last Friday, I was up two pounds - most likely water.

I had considered starting my cut a couple weeks early since I was having such a hard time eating but now that my appetite's back, I'm gonna stick to the plan and most likely start on July 2. I took some measurements and I've put an inch on my biceps since last July - probably less than that, though, since it's hard to measure one's own biceps. And I made gains everywhere else, too, since that time. I'm not looking forward to being hungry but I'm looking forward to seeing exactly how much I've gained and hope I'm not disappointed.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

So I did deadlifts for the FIRST time! Nothing major with the weight just trying to get my grasp with them! So looking forward to gaining some mass, just got to get past the psychological business! Anyways this morning back up to 120 after a dip-thank god!

Good luck everyone!

Sorry for the double post but wondering how much over their maintenance everyone else is eating & what routine your are doing?
    thanks!

Sorry for the double post but wondering how much over their maintenance everyone else is eating & what routine your are doing?
    thanks!
    I'm eating 250-400 calories above maintenance. I started off around 2,350 but now I'm averaging in closer to 2,500. I try to make my workouts and days as routine as possible, but I don't do it like most do (x day of the week=x body part).

Danielle, I'm going to be sad not seeing your posts around here come July! Our stomach bugs are finally gone. That was no fun and, quite frankly, pretty gross lol ANYWAYS, I'm glad that's all over with.

My lifts are getting so much better it's unreal. I don't know if it's because of the increase in calories, creatine, just natural occurring increases, or what, but I'm enjoying it. I just got into it a bit with a girl I know on ******** who started the hcg diet and feels like she's making "just as much progress" on her diet (insert strong wtf, frustration, and anxiety here). I just can't...so I came here to talk to/read about females who actually eat and put in work. My anxiety is gone now

I'm eating 250-400 calories above maintenance. I started off around 2,350 but now I'm averaging in closer to 2,500. I try to make my workouts and days as routine as possible, but I don't do it like most do (x day of the week=x body part).

Danielle, I'm going to be sad not seeing your posts around here come July! Our stomach bugs are finally gone. That was no fun and, quite frankly, pretty gross lol ANYWAYS, I'm glad that's all over with.

My lifts are getting so much better it's unreal. I don't know if it's because of the increase in calories, creatine, just natural occurring increases, or what, but I'm enjoying it. I just got into it a bit with a girl I know on ******** who started the hcg diet and feels like she's making "just as much progress" on her diet (insert strong wtf, frustration, and anxiety here). I just can't...so I came here to talk to/read about females who actually eat and put in work. My anxiety is gone now
    Thanks!

So great to here your lifts are improving. I'm considering switching up my carbs (increase) to hopefully help with my lifts!

I dead lifted 190 today I could have gone for more reps, but my cheap self still hasn't purchased straps (or Versa Gripps like I've been wanting) and my overhand grip was starting to fail me. I'm so excited though! I remember my first goal was to DL my body weight, now I'm getting close to surpassing 200. I never imagined this. I know a lot of females on here can go higher and this might seem low, but holy crap it's the greatest feeling ever.

Thank you so much, Sarah!!! I'm sure I'll still be checking in here - and I'll be back in no time. I still really want to compete in October but with all the personal problems right now in my life, I might need to focus on that instead of adding in the stress of a competition on top of it. I'm trying to take things day by day regarding all of that stuff and the competition was doing to be dependent on how much mass I've gained anyway. A friend told me I've made huge gains and will no question be ready but I'm doubtful. So we'll see. I'll either be back to bulking in September or not until after the competition in October. Which will be here in a flash!

I can so relate to the ******** crap - I'm not sure if you've seen any of my posts in the Rant thread about my friend. She keeps going on and on about how she's gaining so much muscle that they are popping out all over the place but is only eating 1600 calories(and actually I think she lowered her calories), weighs herself daily and each day she has lost weight - and is also doing 45-60 minutes of cardio a day, both HIIT and LISS. And the kicker is that she is getting advice from someone who she's paid - and all she says is how much she wants to look like a fitness model and gain muscle. I've tried to tell her but I give up. It might be entertaining if she didn't post 16 times a day. Literally. Instead it is becoming annoying. LOL

I dead lifted 190 today I could have gone for more reps, but my cheap self still hasn't purchased straps (or Versa Gripps like I've been wanting) and my overhand grip was starting to fail me. I'm so excited though! I remember my first goal was to DL my body weight, now I'm getting close to surpassing 200. I never imagined this. I know a lot of females on here can go higher and this might seem low, but holy crap it's the greatest feeling ever.
    190, I think that's awesome! The most I've ever done is 160. But I've done 150x10 and my friend thinks I could max out around 190. I don't think I'm gonna try that yet, though! Definitely get the Versa grips - was the best thing I ever did. I was getting SO frustrated with my deadlifts, knowing I could get more reps but my grip was just so awful and I felt like I couldn't progress with the weight because I could never finish my sets. I kept thinking my grip would improve but the fact that it wasn't was also adding to my frustration. My friend pointed out to me that it might be the size of my hands which are really small and that could be a problem. My old gym didn't allow chalk so I never tried that but my gym now allows chalk so I should probably try that out sometime to see if that works better than the grips - but I really do love the grips. I find I only really use them for my deadlifts, and I"ll use them if I do rows with a bar, but I don't find they help with my pullups or lat pulldowns, but I might find they do help once I start cutting. But even if I just use them for deadlifts, they are well worth it. And they seem pretty durable so I think they'll last a long time so you do get your money's worth out of them.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, I'm new to the place... I've generally been afraid of weights, but over the past few weeks of training on them for overall core/definition, I'm going to break the news to my trainer that I want to bodybuild. I'm already a healthy eater and have been going steadily to the gym and working my toosh off and I have great results... but I don't want to stay where I'm at, because I can see so much more potential. I'm not afraid of muscle.

Finding this site has really helped encourage me. Oh, and Lindsay Kaye Piatti's photos are gorgeous!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sorry i haven't been a support for you guys. haven't even been lurking b/c meal 4 was my computer/bb.com time but when i switched meal plans, that went out the window and i generally go at least a week w/o even turning my computer on, even. but now that i have job searching and cover letter writing to do, that should change. found a new career path, which excites me, but also hard to let the fitness/wellness/nutrition thing go. but this could be good. just have to get on the ball. i think the fact that i am really unhappy w/ the new management and my bday (always puts things in perspective. abt where your life is at) provided the impetus. so, yes, need to get on it.

and will slowly get through all the posts.

toodles - i keep looking at the 8X8 - do you do the recommended exercises? not thrilled w/ legs day. no doubt i'd be pooped out, but not a fan of some of the exercises and might want to make substititions (but nothing like the exercises they specifically say to avoid). have been looking at that b/c while it kicks your ass, lifting lighter would be better for me when i'm ready. still have my version of power, muscle, burn which i really liked and want to go back to, and then my 4 fb workouts for inury rehab (or how i refer to it). more "fake" but still provides me w/ what i need and a good transition. how is your back? have you been able to work out normally?

dani - how's the bulk going? are you still doing workouts your friend is giving you? do you like la fitness a lot better than bally's? random question, but why on earth do they not have 35 lb plates? don't get that. i've wanted versa gripps forever. will eventually get them when i can really lift again. what are you current thoughts abt the competition?

My weight is totally back up now. All 3.2 lbs. Didn"t want this. Not changing today but need to look for next week. Need to really think. Not sure at this point what I'd cut/adjust.

So yest was my appt. Was supposed to get facet part II (first facet 2 weeks ago. it's diagnostic more than anything else, and they always do two rounds before moving fwd. this was after the e[pidural, interspinous ligament injection, joint injections, and two rounds of trigger point injections)but I went straight to radiofrequency ablation (RFA)! Good thing I was planning on being sedated/had a ride (the bikini competitor at my gym who needs bb.com! Looks good, but as a normal person and gym rat. Not stage-worthy or ready and does things wrong. But so sweet and just naiive). He was wicked positive w/ me, unlike the first two times where he was an ass (commenting on how i always come in "teary-eyed" and breakdown and doesn't think i cope well and had misgivings abt moving fwd b/c how would i react if i get no relief, etc), and said normally it's protocol and procedure to do the 2nd facet but since I had such good results for a few days, he is sure this is it. Esp after having no results after the epidural. So he was gonna do the facets anyway to buy time and help w/ pain for a few days until the ablation (july 2). I lied and said my parents could come to town this week but not next (I'm not having them come at all. Was just playing on his "you don't have coping skills" thing (wtf, btw? esp having come from an ed and not relapsing at all, and lifting being my world, and yes, having many "woe is me" moments and periods of major depressions, but still going to work every single day and functioning) and thinking I could get emotional support. Right... Just manipulating a wee bit), was there any way I could at least do it next week (b/c he saw no need to wait. It's not like w/ the facet or epidural where you must wait 2 weeks b/c of the steroid. Could have had the facet yest and done ablation next week), but the doc's calendar was booked (diff doc does it). The doc was there and my doc said, he's not taking his break. We're going to have him do this for you right now. It's not ever done this way, but... So ablation! So a couple hrs later I was already in pain. Sedation is good, great, actually (I was talking to the doc and nurses abt gyms and how I could get them into mine. Heh), but wears off too quickly. But already felt pain, can't turn head all the way, feel weird and lopsided. Got it on the right side c3-c7, t1-t2. He said it's gonna be quite painful for abt 3 weeks. Much worse. Arnd week 6 back to where it was, and arnd week 8, better. I see dr d (the facet injector, not ablation or main pain guy. Supposed to see the latter. Haven't booked the appt. Seems silly right now) in 6 weeks to determine next step. No one can guess how long this will last, but should be several months, hopefully longer. Meanwhile, the pain center is going to call me every week. A little scared abt how it'll be but hoping to lift in 4 weeks. Wasn't planning on taking all this time off right now. Now have vicodin and percs. But since someone drove me and I didn't want to be a pain, I'll have to fill the scrip today or tmw.

Today and mw are my days off. Gonna go crazy. Have baking to do but that's it. I don't do well w/ free time and have already been bored sh*tless in all my hrs after work. Need to write cover letters and look for more jobs, but a bit distracted.

There's so much more to update on but this is long and the most 'relevant,' i suppose.

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    toodles - i keep looking at the 8X8 - do you do the recommended exercises? not thrilled w/ legs day. no doubt i'd be pooped out, but not a fan of some of the exercises and might want to make substititions (but nothing like the exercises they specifically say to avoid). have been looking at that b/c while it kicks your ass, lifting lighter would be better for me when i'm ready. still have my version of power, muscle, burn which i really liked and want to go back to, and then my 4 fb workouts for inury rehab (or how i refer to it). more "fake" but still provides me w/ what i need and a good transition. how is your back? have you been able to work out normally?
    Ahh I just sent you a pm to see where things were at with you. God bless meds. Good you were able to get treatment moved up...bad you're in such pain. With a 6 week wait I guess you're going to have lots of time to focus on a new career path...hope you stumble across something that really grabs you.

As for 8x8 I shifted stuff around to suit me and also worked around the back issue. For legs I did leg press, extensions, curls, static lunges and calf raises. I haven't done any back squats in over a month. Did a few goblet and front squats but there was still some back pain so I didn't do much.

I have never had such severe leg DOMS from a w/o ever. I've needed a week to recover btwn doing legs.

I've read you should limit high volume to a 4-6 week period so I'm back to PHAT later this week and am hoping to do 4 weeks of GVT in October.

I've been starving lately so I'm just eating to appetite...cals are pretty high but I'm not sweating it...never thought I'd bulk over summer but lately that's what I'm kinda doing...

Page 195 of 330 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast