Page 94 of 330 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 9897
    heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I read through some of your blog fitlover and I agree with the others, very inspiring. You look fantastic now, definitely healthier. You're a stunning girl btw!
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    I read through some of your blog fitlover and I agree with the others, very inspiring. You look fantastic now, definitely healthier. You're a stunning girl btw!
    Agreed! Awesome blog, too - fitlover writes really well.

Figured I'd pop over here as I'm on my first bulk... Well, I'm aiming to put on a bit of muscle over winter. I'm bulking at around 2000 calories (it's a couple of hundred over maintenence - I'm starting small-ish and seeing how I go).... I feel like a fatty, though. I've recently, before starting the bulk, dropped down from roughly a AU size 12 (American 8) to an AU size8/10 (American 4-6) through cardio and calorie deficit, now am putting on the muscle (it's going superbly, I have to admit, I've never been stronger)! Now to go back to eating a little more feels really counter-intuitive. I've been weights-training for about 4 months now regularly - before then it was mostly cardio.

Did anyone else feel like a fat bloated whale when they first started? Is it a normal feeling? Don't get me wrong, I like the eating, but not so much the feeling like a whale!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by janeamina View Post
    Agreed! Awesome blog, too - fitlover writes really well.

Figured I'd pop over here as I'm on my first bulk... Well, I'm aiming to put on a bit of muscle over winter. I'm bulking at around 2000 calories (it's a couple of hundred over maintenence - I'm starting small-ish and seeing how I go).... I feel like a fatty, though. I've recently, before starting the bulk, dropped down from roughly a AU size 12 (American 8) to an AU size8/10 (American 4-6) through cardio and calorie deficit, now am putting on the muscle (it's going superbly, I have to admit, I've never been stronger)! Now to go back to eating a little more feels really counter-intuitive. I've been weights-training for about 4 months now regularly - before then it was mostly cardio.

Did anyone else feel like a fat bloated whale when they first started? Is it a normal feeling? Don't get me wrong, I like the eating, but not so much the feeling like a whale!
    Yes, those are normal feelings. Your cal level isn't though. You should see over time that you are going to have to eat more in order to keep gaining.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was in a constant state of being bloated for weeks, then it subsided. Yes, it's perfectly normal when increasing cals/carbs. Also, with increasing your cals, I would also monitor your fiber and make sure you're not overdoing it. I was unknowingly, which made the bloat 10x worse.

lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10) lil_terror is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    I started creatine for the first time in June, so I have never tried anything other than Green Mag. I was thinking next time I would try a cheaper mono, especially after watching this.

http://www.brinkzone.com/supplement-...s-other-forms/
    Cool, thx for the link.

Originally Posted by typeA17 View Post
    Today's Cals
    1870 w/ carbs!!! (:

Today's Weight Improvements
    +10lbs on Deadlifts
    +15lbs on Lat Pull-Downs

Notes
    I do feel really bloated and full, and hope this will subside in a couple of days. I just keep telling myself it comes with the territory. Not going to weigh myself for a week, at least!
    Nicely done!! Keep it up.

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    this probably sounds silly, but i think i'm noticing a difference in my shoulders. not visual, but is harder to get my shirts off. think that means i'm progressing?
    Most definitely! Yay!

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    I read a post on here the other day snarking about how these women who think they have big muscles really don't, they just have fat over them that makes them look bigger. Is it wrong of me that I thought, "Huh. If my layer of fat makes my muscles look bigger than they really are...um, yay. Go, me."? That's what I aspire to: big muscles with a layer of fat over them. I've already got the layer of fat, why waste it? hahahaha
    This made me lol and I thought to myself, "Yes please, sign me up!"

Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Yes.
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Strength and hypertrophy are where you want to be. Forget fat burning on a bulk. If any of that occurs it's in the beginning, and by accident
    I had a feeling as much. Thx for confirming and clarifying Hypertrophy it is! Fitlover, just checked out your blog also and am enjoying it as well!

Yup! I got bloated, and then more bloated. And then just when I thought I couldn't possibly still be so bloated, it went away (like, 2 days ago -- which was approx. 3 weeks since I started). So don't fret!

Happy to have more people in for the summer bulk! Welcome!
    aijuswannaliff

Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    day 1- meal 1 - full already.

KP

janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) janeamina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lil_terror View Post
    Cool, thx for the link.

Yup! I got bloated, and then more bloated. And then just when I thought I couldn't possibly still be so bloated, it went away (like, 2 days ago -- which was approx. 3 weeks since I started). So don't fret!

Happy to have more people in for the summer bulk! Welcome!
    Thanks lilterror and everyone else! I feel like my stomach sticks out a mile, but managed to fight the urge to go under today, and added protein powder to my breakfast oats for extra post-workout oomph. My protein powder is strawberry flavoured. The oats, cooked, looked sort of like a pink, gluggy milkshake. I'm so glad I live alone so nobody else has to see the weird stuff that happens in my kitchen!

It's totally possible, too, that I'm over-doing the fibre. Might start checking into that because my tummy is feeling a bit gross.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. You really inspire me!

Originally Posted by lil_terror View Post

I had a feeling as much. Thx for confirming and clarifying Hypertrophy it is! Fitlover, just checked out your blog also and am enjoying it as well!
    Thank you! And yeah, no need to complicate routines that much, especially if you're new to lifting. Just focus on lifting heavy and really pushing yourself, and not ODing on the cardio.
    ^_^

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i posted this recipea few days ago, but i modified it slightly and decided it needs to have a picturee.
    baked oats.

1/2 c oatmeal or 1/3 c oat bran + 1/4 c wheat bran
    15 g chia seeds
    1 scoop protein powder
    9 g walnuts
    baking powder
    cinnamon
    pumpkin pie spice
    vanilla extract
    an apple, banana, or 3/4 c mixed berries
    1/4 c cottage cheese
    1/2 c pumpkin or baby food fruit
    1/2 c eggbeaters

preheat oven to 380. bake for ~22 min and then broil for a few. makes a nice, big loaf.

Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kristeen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    checked the scales today I was at 136lbs ! I was 134 before I started eating properly and decreased cardio ! I don;t usually bother with the scales but its hard for me to judge in the mirror! Started 5x5 today benched 65 kg on flat with a little help on the last reps was pretty chuft!! Done all my measurements today aswel! I think Im going to struggle with the inches increasing around the waist and hips ect!!

Kp

thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kristeen View Post
    day 1- meal 1 - full already.

KP
    I went from feeling like I couldn't swallow one more morsel of food to feeling very hungry as my metabolism revved up from the increased cals.

i posted this recipea few days ago, but i modified it slightly and decided it needs to have a picturee.
    Looks good. Is it more of a bread or bar consistency?

checked the scales today I was at 136lbs ! I was 134 before I started eating properly and decreased cardio ! I don;t usually bother with the scales but its hard for me to judge in the mirror! Started 5x5 today benched 65 kg on flat with a little help on the last reps was pretty chuft!! Done all my measurements today aswel! I think Im going to struggle with the inches increasing around the waist and hips ect!!

Kp
    Fat gains will be minimal if you are eating slightly above maintenance. Looked at your pics, and you look great! Nice arms, and damn you are strong! 65 kg is very impressive. I can barely eek out 70 lbs (31 kg) 5x5....huge struggle .

Fat gains will be minimal if you are eating slightly above maintenance. Looked at your pics, and you look great! Nice arms, and damn you are strong! 65 kg is very impressive. I can barely eek out 70 lbs (31 kg) 5x5....huge struggle .[/QUOTE]

Thanks I think my arms are most stubborn part they never look ripped tris are rotten! Im just really apprehensive about putting on fat again Iv worked hard to get it off before! Iv went up 2 lbs already!!

KP

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    fitlover, i agree w/ everyone else. used to be a regular reader of your blog but then forgot, and went book. great blog.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fat gains will be minimal if you are eating slightly above maintenance. Looked at your pics, and you look great! Nice arms, and damn you are strong! 65 kg is very impressive. I can barely eek out 70 lbs (31 kg) 5x5....huge struggle .
    Thanks I think my arms are most stubborn part they never look ripped tris are rotten! Im just really apprehensive about putting on fat again Iv worked hard to get it off before! Iv went up 2 lbs already!!

KP[/QUOTE]

The scale can go up quite quickly at first. Don't let it freak you out. You'r body has been deprived of not only calories, but fluids and glycogen. Good muscle pumps can also add weight. You're doing fine!

how long should you wait before increasing cals again oif you haven't gained? like 7-10 days? it's been less than a week for me, so i think i should wait a little longer, but just wondering when i should adjust accordingly.

how long should you wait before increasing cals again oif you haven't gained? like 7-10 days? it's been less than a week for me, so i think i should wait a little longer, but just wondering when i should adjust accordingly.
    You said on 7/7 that you would be increasing cals on 7/8 to 2,786. Today is 7/11, so it's been 3 days.

You said on 7/7 that you would be increasing cals on 7/8 to 2,786. Today is 7/11, so it's been 3 days.
    yeah, i did the full increase on thurs, and part of it wed. so it def has been a very short time;. just wondering if my weight stays stable, when i should consider reevalauating, although i know it hasn't been long and i could totally start gaining. but i was wondering i should wait a week or more? 2 weeks?

yeah, i did the full increase on thurs, and part of it wed. so it def has been a very short time;. just wondering if my weight stays stable, when i should consider reevalauating, although i know it hasn't been long and i could totally start gaining. but i was wondering i should wait a week or more? 2 weeks?
    Oh, sorry, misread you original post. Didn't see where you said, "I know it's only been a few days......."

FBM will pop in and give you direction, but I would say for you, a rate of 1 pound per week is great until you get to a healthier weight, and if that's not happening, time to increase.

FBM?

Oh, sorry, misread you original post. Didn't see where you said, "I know it's only been a few days......."

FBM will pop in and give you direction, but I would say for you, a rate of 1 pound per week is great until you get to a healthier weight, and if that's not happening, time to increase.

FBM?
    Yep. No gain in a week, up the cals. But give it a week.

Are you sure you aren't underestimating your calories? 2786 is a lot of food! Is it possible your surgery is preventing absorption of most of your cals? We may need to hook you up to an IV

Yep. No gain in a week, up the cals. But give it a week.

Are you sure you aren't underestimating your calories? 2786 is a lot of food! Is it possible your surgery is preventing absorption of most of your cals? We may need to hook you up to an IV
    i thought that was the case, but all my vit levels were fine, so... and i'm sure abt my cals. weigh everything to a t.

i thought that was the case, but all my vit levels were fine, so... and i'm sure abt my cals. weigh everything to a t.
    If that's the case, I'd do two things. First curtail all activity except your lifting routine. No cardio, no classes (even if they involve weights), and be a couch potato otherwise. Second, I'd have another chat with your doctor. Vitamin levels may be fine, but you're not absorbing the cals like you should be. I'd even check your thyroid again for hyperthyrodism.

If that's the case, I'd do two things. First curtail all activity except your lifting routine. No cardio, no classes (even if they involve weights), and be a couch potato otherwise. Second, I'd have another chat with your doctor. Vitamin levels may be fine, but you're not absorbing the cals like you should be. I'd even check your thyroid again for hyperthyrodism.
    my thryoid levels were just checked, but i'm seeing an endo on the 28th anyway (mainly for osteo meds). i'm sure i'll start gaining again. as you said, it's a lot of cals.

my thryoid levels were just checked, but i'm seeing an endo on the 28th anyway (mainly for osteo meds). i'm sure i'll start gaining again. as you said, it's a lot of cals.
    So are you going to stop the other activities?

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Two quick questions, bulking people.

1.) I was reading through old threads and it seems like the consensus was that 2.5mg of creatine/day was an adequate dose for us small women. Is that how much you all are taking? Also, I know I'm supposed to be extra careful about being hydrated, but I've noticed yesterday and today since I've been taking it, I've been extra thirsty anyway. Does creatine make you thirsty, or is it just because I'm hella suggestible? ;-)

2.) Just started doing 5x5 with some of the lifts on my new program. Any hints on figuring out starting weights if you were normally doing 8-12 reps of the same exercises?

Okay, that's three questions, but who's counting?
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Wow......just wow!!

Christine's/fitlover's blog for today. Certainly very applicable to me, and maybe some of you can relate. What I like is that she touches on psychological/mental healing, not just increasing cals. You'll see....check it out.

http://fortheloveofcookies.wordpress...in-the-mirror/

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Two quick questions, bulking people.

1.) I was reading through old threads and it seems like the consensus was that 2.5mg of creatine/day was an adequate dose for us small women. Is that how much you all are taking? Also, I know I'm supposed to be extra careful about being hydrated, but I've noticed yesterday and today since I've been taking it, I've been extra thirsty anyway. Does creatine make you thirsty, or is it just because I'm hella suggestible? ;-)

2.) Just started doing 5x5 with some of the lifts on my new program. Any hints on figuring out starting weights if you were normally doing 8-12 reps of the same exercises?

Okay, that's three questions, but who's counting?
    Answers:

1. I take 2.5 mg daily and I don't find that I am any thirstier, but then again I am not a thirsty person....only when I do cardio....rare these days. I suck at drinking copious amounts of liquids.

2. I don't use a so-called formula for my 5x5 lifts. My weight stays the same throughout all 5 sets. I choose a weight were I can complete the 5th rep with good form, but is a enormous struggle, but I really can't complete a 6th rep or it would be terribly sloppy. It's been a trial and error thing. Works for me .

recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50) recovering will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread is getting interesting!!! I self-banned myself from this site, but decided to check in here today and think I might actually be following you guys... Thank you, freebirdmac for addressing some of the ED talk that was going on, which is why I stayed away. (Those of you who don't "know" me, I have been anorexic on and off since age 12, am FINALLY weight restored (yippeee), but have slowlyyyy been cutting back on calories and have a false sense of security because my weight is stable... I need a kick in the butt to get my calories UP, but I don't want to gain any more weight. Yes, I need to get over myself!)

In response to andrerox, I think what is happening to you is the same thing that happens when trying to weight restore patients with eating disorders. It has been shown in multiple studies that the body goes into a temporary "hypermetabolic" state. you can see some articles here: http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/p...blications.htm (Dr. Walter Kaye has done quite a bit of research on it). I know a friend who went IP and has to go up to 4500 calories with NO activity. They looked at weight every 3 days and decided to increase based on that (250 calories at a time). But of course, this was in a hospital setting, so probably a more aggressive approach.
    Journal: re:Gaining - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129680823

"People throw away what they could have by insisting on perfection..." -Edith Schaeffer
    "Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." -Sir Winston Churchill

mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mausi79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do go crazy! And I get irritated a lot. In my case I know what foods to avoid. The problem is corn and sulfites can be hidden in what should be safe foods. The issue with foods bothering me one day and not another is an issue of buildup in my system. For example, my pumpkin muffins have hidden corn. It took eating 1-2 every day for weeks for the reaction to show. It took that long for enough buildup to occur or for my body to wear down in dealing with the assault every day. So now I know to make some, freeze the rest, and limit how many I have a week. I'm thinking the same thing with my coconut milk ice cream. If I could, I'd totally avoid corn/sulfites 100% every day. Unfortunately I'd have to move to another country to do so.

If your testing comes out normal then it's time to grit your teeth and do an elimination diet. You can get Elisa and Alcat testing on your own. They may or may not tell you something valuable. They are not accurate enough for doctors but for some people they have pointed them in the right direction. I do not know the costs.
    I'm taking way too many days off from this site! i missed so much!

I think that may be my problem as well...eating the same thing everyday and not giving myself a break. at the same time with being so limited on food not eating the same thing is almost hard to do!

Yes i think its almost time to grit my teeth Thanks for those test recommendations. I'm def going to do some research on them. Anything that will help point me in the right direction is helpful!

I may have asked but did certain foods make you retain water? and if so do you know how long from when you eat the food the water retention starts? i was fine this morning but after lunch i started to swell and am now squishier since this morning. not sure if its breakfast or lunch although my bloat and pain started after lunch toady.

Thanks as always!

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. You really inspire me!

You are so sweet, thank you !

baked oats.

1/2 c oatmeal or 1/3 c oat bran + 1/4 c wheat bran
    15 g chia seeds
    1 scoop protein powder
    9 g walnuts
    baking powder
    cinnamon
    pumpkin pie spice
    vanilla extract
    an apple, banana, or 3/4 c mixed berries
    1/4 c cottage cheese
    1/2 c pumpkin or baby food fruit
    1/2 c eggbeaters

preheat oven to 380. bake for ~22 min and then broil for a few. makes a nice, big loaf.

Ooh, I bet that is really good! I might have to try this soon.

Originally Posted by recovering View Post
    This thread is getting interesting!!! I self-banned myself from this site, but decided to check in here today and think I might actually be following you guys... Thank you, freebirdmac for addressing some of the ED talk that was going on, which is why I stayed away. (Those of you who don't "know" me, I have been anorexic on and off since age 12, am FINALLY weight restored (yippeee), but have slowlyyyy been cutting back on calories and have a false sense of security because my weight is stable... I need a kick in the butt to get my calories UP, but I don't want to gain any more weight. Yes, I need to get over myself!)

In response to andrerox, I think what is happening to you is the same thing that happens when trying to weight restore patients with eating disorders. It has been shown in multiple studies that the body goes into a temporary "hypermetabolic" state. you can see some articles here: http://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/p...blications.htm (Dr. Walter Kaye has done quite a bit of research on it). I know a friend who went IP and has to go up to 4500 calories with NO activity. They looked at weight every 3 days and decided to increase based on that (250 calories at a time). But of course, this was in a hospital setting, so probably a more aggressive approach.
    Yay, it's good to see you here and I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I know the struggle and the false sense of security, but keep fighting the urge to slowly go backward. It's too easy to do, you need to keep moving forward. I totally understand where you are, hang in there!

Yes, when I was in the hospital many years ago, many of the anorexic patients, myself included, were on diets that included huge calorie amounts. 4000+ wasn't at all unusual and we were all on supplements (like ensure plus) to help get in enough calories. We weren't allowed to exercise at all either. The goal was weight restoration and I agree, it's more aggressive.

----------------------------------------------------------

To everyone else: "hello" (waves)

Wow......just wow!!

Christine's/fitlover's blog for today. Certainly very applicable to me, and maybe some of you can relate. What I like is that she touches on psychological/mental healing, not just increasing cals. You'll see....check it out.

http://fortheloveofcookies.wordpress...in-the-mirror/
    Definitely an excellent post!

Page 94 of 330 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast