Page 248 of 330 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,440 of 9897
    malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50) malamujer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've noticed that I'm getting firmer in my legs, but I can also see some extra fat. I know it sounds like a contradiction, but I do feel firmer even though I have more fat. Does that make sense? I'm not gaining weight as fast as I thought I would. I initially gained 3 lbs in the first week, but I didn't let it freak me out. After that I haven't gained any weight. I'm eating about 2100 calories a day. I probably have to up my calories again. Never thought I would be eating so much without gaining weight.

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Do you eat much fat before your workouts? Any new foods or others in larger quantities?
    no, should i? my pre workout meals are always carb loaded. and i drink coffee beforehand. There's been a huge increase in carbs for sure, and treats... maybe I should tone down on the treats and see. I'm thinking that it's probably low blood pressure because I always get dizzy and nauseous, and I feel like passing out after a set. Lifts have gone down.
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    no, should i? my pre workout meals are always carb loaded. and i drink coffee beforehand. There's been a huge increase in carbs for sure, and treats... maybe I should tone down on the treats and see. I'm thinking that it's probably low blood pressure because I always get dizzy and nauseous, and I feel like passing out after a set. Lifts have gone down.
    Uh, I would totally go to your doctor in this instance and not seek advice from people on the Internet.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Uh, I would totally go to your doctor in this instance and not seek advice from people on the Internet.
    I agree.

As for fats pre workout, a lot of us find they cause nausea. It still could be something you're eating. As long as you feel nauseous and/or dizzy your lifts will go down.

melissamac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not seeing much results

So I have been lifting weights since May and my goal is to build muscle and tone. I measure my progress once a month. Since I started I have dropped fat on my arms and every wheres else on my body, and I can tell myself that I have toned a bit. My arms were 10 1/2 inches when I started and they are still that now, minus the fat I had. I just started to follow Jim Stoppani's 12 week short cut to size, I'm just wondering if I am going about this right and if I will see results?

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by melissamac View Post
    So I have been lifting weights since May and my goal is to build muscle and tone. I measure my progress once a month. Since I started I have dropped fat on my arms and every wheres else on my body, and I can tell myself that I have toned a bit. My arms were 10 1/2 inches when I started and they are still that now, minus the fat I had. I just started to follow Jim Stoppani's 12 week short cut to size, I'm just wondering if I am going about this right and if I will see results?
    If your goal is to bulk, then you need to be eating to support that goal. You don't mention what your nutrition is like, but if you want to build muscle, you need to be eating in a surplus and lifting heavy. Fat gains unfortunately do come along with the muscle gains, but the idea is to cut the fat off later once you build sufficient muscle.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    I agree with Happy.....doctor.

I train fasted in the morning and take a shake with me just in case I have an off day. I have tried to scoff down a meal with protein and carbs prior to workout and it turned out to be one of the worst workouts ever....energy was drained, not able to push close to what I typically do. And if I cannot train first thing in the AM, I usually need at least a 1.5-2 hour window from meal time to workout time or else my workout blows a$$
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So I'm haveing a really hard time gaining weight. I have gained about 10 pounds already in about a month and a half by eating 2000 calories a day. Then I just stopped at 120 lbs. But my lifts are still increasing.

I have never been able to get past 120 in the past. My body just stops there everytime I've tried to gain weight. I increased my calorie intake by about 300 so I'm eating over 2300 calories a day, and have been doing that for a month now. My diet is pretty clean, would it be okay to dirty it up a little? Or should I just continue to add more calories to my diet?

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AliMay View Post
    So I'm haveing a really hard time gaining weight. I have gained about 10 pounds already in about a month and a half by eating 2000 calories a day. Then I just stopped at 120 lbs. But my lifts are still increasing.

I have never been able to get past 120 in the past. My body just stops there everytime I've tried to gain weight. I increased my calorie intake by about 300 so I'm eating over 2300 calories a day, and have been doing that for a month now. My diet is pretty clean, would it be okay to dirty it up a little? Or should I just continue to add more calories to my diet?
    You will get past 120 if you continue to raise calories. My guess is in the past is that you just stopped upping them.

Hit the macros you set for your goals and eat what you enjoy.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AliMay View Post

Eat more. I lose on 2300...some of us just burn a lot through lifestyle (being in college definitely makes a huge difference for me), good metabolism, high muscle mass etc. The AVERAGE woman is recommended to eat 2000. 2300 would be a reasonable estimate for the average active woman. You're trying to gain, and you're active, so I am hardly surprised you need more. Dunno why everyone seems so shocked when they find out that as an active gainer, they need more than the average (sedentary) maintainer/loser.

chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat more. I lose on 2300...some of us just burn a lot through lifestyle (being in college definitely makes a huge difference for me), good metabolism, high muscle mass etc. The AVERAGE woman is recommended to eat 2000. 2300 would be a reasonable estimate for the average active woman. You're trying to gain, and you're active, so I am hardly surprised you need more. Dunno why everyone seems so shocked when they find out that as an active gainer, they need more than the average (sedentary) maintainer/loser.
    I also think that we women in particular would rather undereat to play it safe and to make sure that one doesn't gain weight. So when someone tells us we should eat more we panick and think we are going to get fat if we eat over the recommended 2000 calories.

Lorig3318 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chrisateen View Post
    I also think that we women in particular would rather undereat to play it safe and to make sure that one doesn't gain weight. So when someone tells us we should eat more we panick and think we are going to get fat if we eat over the recommended 2000 calories.
    I think this is where I have had issues. After losing 60lbs I’ve had that dieting mind set for so long that I'm scared to eat more. Recently, I have been trying to gain muscle and realized the reason I have been failing to do so is because I'm not eating enough. I lift heavy and switch out my workout routines often to keep my body guessing. I eat very clean between 1,700-1,800 calories a day... I know now I need to get up to 2,000 or more.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I weighed today instead of tomorrow - no reason really, other than I thought it was Friday

Here's the update:

Beginning weight Aug 24 - 117
    end of week 1 Aug 31 - 117.4
    end of week 2 Sept 7 - 118
    end of week 3 Sept 14- 117.6
    end of week 4 Sept 21 - 120.2 -
    end of week 5 Sept 28 - 117
    end of week 6 Oct 5th - 117
    end of week 7 Oct 12th - 118.5 TOM, increased cals to 2800, added creatine
    end of week 8 Oct 19th - 119.5
    end of week 9 Oct 26th - no weigh in - weighing only every second week.
    end of week 10 Nov 2 - 120
    end of week 11 Nov 9th - no weigh in
    end of week 12 Nov 16th - 120.25
    end of week 13 Nov 23rd - no weigh in
    end of week 14 Nov 30th - 120.25
    end of week 15 - Dec 7th - no weigh in
    end of week 16 - Dec 14th - no weigh in
    end of week 17 - Dec 20th - 122.75

So a big jump here. A total of almost 6lbs in 17 weeks. Not too awful, right??

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    I weighed today instead of tomorrow - no reason really, other than I thought it was Friday

Here's the update:

Beginning weight Aug 24 - 117
    end of week 1 Aug 31 - 117.4
    end of week 2 Sept 7 - 118
    end of week 3 Sept 14- 117.6
    end of week 4 Sept 21 - 120.2 -
    end of week 5 Sept 28 - 117
    end of week 6 Oct 5th - 117
    end of week 7 Oct 12th - 118.5 TOM, increased cals to 2800, added creatine
    end of week 8 Oct 19th - 119.5
    end of week 9 Oct 26th - no weigh in - weighing only every second week.
    end of week 10 Nov 2 - 120
    end of week 11 Nov 9th - no weigh in
    end of week 12 Nov 16th - 120.25
    end of week 13 Nov 23rd - no weigh in
    end of week 14 Nov 30th - 120.25
    end of week 15 - Dec 7th - no weigh in
    end of week 16 - Dec 14th - no weigh in
    end of week 17 - Dec 20th - 122.75

So a big jump here. A total of almost 6lbs in 17 weeks. Not too awful, right??
    Definitely not too awful - I've gained 6 pounds in 7 weeks
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AliMay is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the feedback. My first month when I gained 8 pound I was still eating just under 2000 so that is surprising to me that I was still gaining, but I'm glad I did. Who knows maybe it was my desk job. I will deffinately up my Calorie intake. So would you recoment I go up to 2500 or maybe even more?

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I met someone yesterday for a workout on our first date......yeah I think I had more testosterone than he did.....

I really hate trying to play the dating game. I find online dating hard since it is hard to have a connection with a picture and there is not much at the gym that is very interesting, at least not at the time of day I go.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sglgirl View Post
    I met someone yesterday for a workout on our first date......yeah I think I had more testosterone than he did.....

I really hate trying to play the dating game. I find online dating hard since it is hard to have a connection with a picture and there is not much at the gym that is very interesting, at least not at the time of day I go.
    Funny. I have heard a lot of success stories about online dating, but you basically have to go through a few or more bad ones.

Reminds me of a story pertaining to my current boyfriend. Before he met me he was active on an online dating site. He said one woman showed up to the restaurant where they meeting for the first time covered, and I mean COVERED in pet hair. He said no matter what, all he did throughout the dinner was zoom in on the pet hair, couldn't even concentrate on conversation. Needless to say, that was the first and last date.

Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    Funny. I have heard a lot of success stories about online dating, but you basically have to go through a few or more bad ones.

Reminds me of a story pertaining to my current boyfriend. Before he met me he was active on an online dating site. He said one woman showed up to the restaurant where they meeting for the first time covered, and I mean COVERED in pet hair. He said no matter what, all he did throughout the dinner was zoom in on the pet hair, couldn't even concentrate on conversation. Needless to say, that was the first and last date.
    I am only lurking around on a site that you don't have to pay for, so it is known for not having the best catches on there and alot of folks just looking for a good time, nothing long term. I may consider a one that you have to pay for in the future, but for now finances don't allow for stuff like that at the moment. An old room mate of mine went out on a date one time with a girl and she had so much arm hair he said that was all he could focus on....needless to say he did not see her again....LOL

paige97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since i'm new to all this still I thought maybe this thread would be a good place to post my questions...
    anyways, obviously I'm underweight bc I'm only 108 lbs @ 5'7 due to me being stupid and thinking that starving myself would lower my bf% and make me look athletic last year (realized the idiocity of that after the damage was done...) with pretty much all of that weight being anything BUT muscle. I've been lifting consistently since the summer and eating clean all year to try and put on some muscle mass but so far I've made zero progress bc I don't know how much a teen girl in my situation needs to eat. I was guesstimating around 2000 to start off with. Any suggestions? I lift usually 5 days/week with a couple days of HIIT cardio.

Originally Posted by paige97 View Post
    Since i'm new to all this still I thought maybe this thread would be a good place to post my questions...
    anyways, obviously I'm underweight bc I'm only 108 lbs @ 5'7 due to me being stupid and thinking that starving myself would lower my bf% and make me look athletic last year (realized the idiocity of that after the damage was done...) with pretty much all of that weight being anything BUT muscle. I've been lifting consistently since the summer and eating clean all year to try and put on some muscle mass but so far I've made zero progress bc I don't know how much a teen girl in my situation needs to eat. I was guesstimating around 2000 to start off with. Any suggestions? I lift usually 5 days/week with a couple days of HIIT cardio.
    - Great that you realised your mistake and are fixing it. That's awesome. Kudos.
    - As a growing active young woman you most likely need a lot. I agree that guesstimating calories is no bad thing since calorie counting can get pretty intense, and if you've had disordered food issues recently I would certainly avoid it. Personally I would look for a meal plan based on an exchange system at about 2500 calories and weigh yourself regularly, adjusting as necessary. Or, continue as you are on 2000ish but add a high calorie protein shake (I did this when I was underweight, called it my 'fat f*ck shake).
    - Don't feel obliged to do HIIT just because it's fashionable. If you are on your feet during your daily activity and doing compound lifts your heart and lungs will be just fine. If you enjoy other forms of cardio more, do them instead. The real crux is that if you're doing cardio, you need to eat even more to compensate for it. It's possible to bulk with cardio, I did it very successfully, but it slows things down and frankly I would cut it out til you are making steady regular gains.

paige97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, I love doing interval sprints but also enjoy any kind of outdoor activities so I'll just stick with the outdoors stuff until I gain some weight. & the high calorie protein shake is a perfect idea for me while I'm at school since we can only eat food food in the cafeteria at lunch so I can never get more than 1 meal in while there. Thank you so much for the advice! Oh and one more question, how much weight should I try to gain each week so I can monitor if I'm eating enough? Around a pound or so?

Femmefit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On a completely different note; I would like to wish all sister bulkers a very Happy Christmas. Enjoy and take advantage of the bulk with lots of yummy treats. I know I'll be certainly indulging and guilt free at that!!!

I'm ploughing away with the weights but I've sustained a bit of a shoulder and glute pull/strain. Resting the shoulder because I can't do any pressing movements. Can even do lat raises. Mobility in different ranges is not great. Ah well, solider on in other things. The glute is showing improvement. Think I did this whilst doing dreads. Such as pain - literally LOL
    Lifting is like life. What you put in, you get back. Don't expect it to be a smooth ride. If you don't learn lessons along the way, you're doing something wrong!! Me ;)

Merry Christmas one day late, bulkers!!!! I hope you all had a great day. Me, I was comatose all day Christmas Eve...some kind of flu virusy thing made its way through the house. It started with my son, though he was better in a day. Then my (estranged) husband came down with full-blown flu. He was sick for a week; went to work today but he wasn't feeling so good up until yesterday. My daughter was sick Saturday into Sunday morning, seemed to be better by Sunday night, but laid in bed with me all day Christmas Eve. I was at least able to get up yesterday but I'll say I only got up because I had to; I'd have been happy laying in bed all day. I feel much better now but still very tired, and am taking today off from the gym as well. I think it's better to not push it given how awful I had felt. I would again love to lay in bed all day but I'm behind on work so need to attempt to get something accomplished in that respect. I'll do my best!

I suppose this illness came at a good time; I was thinking I needed to deload and was just planning on using this week for that, so I'm getting a few days of rest. I'll re-evaluate how I"m feeling tomorrow and see whether I'll work out or not. I have certainly not been eating very well. I literally couldn't get up on Christmas Eve and I wasn't hungry at all, but I did end up eating a piece of pumpkin bread, a pizelle, a few bites of pizza and a few bites of toast. And didn't drink much of anything which was bad because I was running a high temperature. I just didn't want anything. I did better yesterday but still not great - all I want is junk when I'm sick. I had way too many cookies and just not enough real food. Ah, well. I'm hoping I haven't lost too much weight. When I was sick a couple times in the spring when I was bulking, I don't remember my strength being affected too negatively so I'm hoping that's the case again.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by paige97 View Post
    Keep piling on the calories until you start gaining about 1/2 pound a week. Probably around 2300 calories. Focus everything on lifting. No need to do cardio.

Originally Posted by Femmefit View Post
    On a completely different note; I would like to wish all sister bulkers a very Happy Christmas. Enjoy and take advantage of the bulk with lots of yummy treats. I know I'll be certainly indulging and guilt free at that!!!

I'm ploughing away with the weights but I've sustained a bit of a shoulder and glute pull/strain. Resting the shoulder because I can't do any pressing movements. Can even do lat raises. Mobility in different ranges is not great. Ah well, solider on in other things. The glute is showing improvement. Think I did this whilst doing dreads. Such as pain - literally LOL
    Hope you are healing fast!

Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Merry Christmas one day late, bulkers!!!! I hope you all had a great day. Me, I was comatose all day Christmas Eve...some kind of flu virusy thing made its way through the house. It started with my son, though he was better in a day. Then my (estranged) husband came down with full-blown flu. He was sick for a week; went to work today but he wasn't feeling so good up until yesterday. My daughter was sick Saturday into Sunday morning, seemed to be better by Sunday night, but laid in bed with me all day Christmas Eve. I was at least able to get up yesterday but I'll say I only got up because I had to; I'd have been happy laying in bed all day. I feel much better now but still very tired, and am taking today off from the gym as well. I think it's better to not push it given how awful I had felt. I would again love to lay in bed all day but I'm behind on work so need to attempt to get something accomplished in that respect. I'll do my best!

I suppose this illness came at a good time; I was thinking I needed to deload and was just planning on using this week for that, so I'm getting a few days of rest. I'll re-evaluate how I"m feeling tomorrow and see whether I'll work out or not. I have certainly not been eating very well. I literally couldn't get up on Christmas Eve and I wasn't hungry at all, but I did end up eating a piece of pumpkin bread, a pizelle, a few bites of pizza and a few bites of toast. And didn't drink much of anything which was bad because I was running a high temperature. I just didn't want anything. I did better yesterday but still not great - all I want is junk when I'm sick. I had way too many cookies and just not enough real food. Ah, well. I'm hoping I haven't lost too much weight. When I was sick a couple times in the spring when I was bulking, I don't remember my strength being affected too negatively so I'm hoping that's the case again.
    Feel better soon!!! Loads of people are sick.

I have my own crap going on. I had to ditch the gym for a couple of weeks to do painting ahead of and during floor demo/replacement in my house. While moving furniture back into my house I lost control of my end of a long box, then lost my balance, and body slammed my right side into a door frame. My ribs are unhappy. I think I bruised them rather than cracked one or more. It's been 3 days and I seem to be having spasms of the muscles and cartilage. That pain actually sent me to the ER on Christmas morning to get some pain meds. I'd like to think I can get back into the gym next week. Having cracked a rib before I know that's unlikely. Even in the case of bruised ribs. This week is week 3 of no gym. Lord have mercy I know the soreness that awaits me when I get back in there. Ugh. I dread that the most. Even staying light the first couple of weeks will still result in more than normal soreness.

Keep piling on the calories until you start gaining about 1/2 pound a week. Probably around 2300 calories. Focus everything on lifting. No need to do cardio.

I have my own crap going on. I had to ditch the gym for a couple of weeks to do painting ahead of and during floor demo/replacement in my house. While moving furniture back into my house I lost control of my end of a long box, then lost my balance, and body slammed my right side into a door frame. My ribs are unhappy. I think I bruised them rather than cracked one or more. It's been 3 days and I seem to be having spasms of the muscles and cartilage. That pain actually sent me to the ER on Christmas morning to get some pain meds. I'd like to think I can get back into the gym next week. Having cracked a rib before I know that's unlikely. Even in the case of bruised ribs. This week is week 3 of no gym. Lord have mercy I know the soreness that awaits me when I get back in there. Ugh. I dread that the most. Even staying light the first couple of weeks will still result in more than normal soreness.
    Ouchie!!!!! I can't even imagine the pain - I hope you feel better soon. Sending healing vibes your way!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Sorry to hear about the injuries, but I have a smile thinking about the soreness from a weight session. I love that soreness to be honest, lets me know I am making muscle

Originally Posted by sglgirl View Post
    Sorry to hear about the injuries, but I have a smile thinking about the soreness from a weight session. I love that soreness to be honest, lets me know I am making muscle
    I like normal soreness too. I do not like the magnified soreness that comes after a layoff. It's too much!!!

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post

Yuck. Sorry bout the sickness Dani. That really sucks. My kids both went through the flu and then my son followed that with a stomach virus. My husband and I were lucky enough to escape all that.

OUCH!!!! Gosh I'm sorry FBM. That had to hurt. 3 weeks of no gym would make me crazy. I kwym about the soreness on return.

So I'm just about at the too-uncomfortable-to-continue-gaining point in my bulk. I don't want to start cutting too early before the show so I think I'm going to try and hold this weight and continue to gain strength for the next 6 weeks. I was going to start the cut February 1st but have since changed my mind. We've booked a trip to Disney for the second week in February so I'm going to allow myself to enjoy food during our vacation and get doing to business once that's over. I haven't been to Disney World since I was 6 years old. My kids have never been. I am excited!!!

So Christmas was an over indulgence for me as usual. I ate and felt like a glutton for two days straight. I was feeling like crap about it until I got to the gym the following day. I kicked ass!!! I was doing 12+ reps with the same weight that I struggled to get 8 reps with last time on the plate-load shoulder press. I got up to 55lbs per arm on that thing and squeaked out about 6 reps. I was totally stoked. Today I went back for more and added 15lbs more to my t-bar row. It's incredible how much difference food and rest can make! I realized just how much damage I did when I got ready to come to work tonight. I could barely lift my arms to put on my shirt. I'm seriously sore!

Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    It's incredible how much difference food and rest can make!
    I hope this is true! I am going to take next week away from weights and still do just cardio. I am exhausted, my lifts suck, every muscle feels drained when I lift, bloated, eating more than my plan, the cravings are crazy (in particular PB&J) and having a hard time drinking plain water. I am suppose to be cleaning up the diet 14 weeks out, not shoving everything in my face.

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Im another one with the flu - and like others was planning a deload anyway. However id rather have the rest minus the cold! Its so weird to just be sitting down and doing nothing all day! I just hope it doesnt prolong itself because im finding eating a hard thing!

Page 248 of 330 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 ... LastLast