Page 196 of 330 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,880 of 9897
    DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    sorry i haven't been a support for you guys. haven't even been lurking b/c meal 4 was my computer/bb.com time but when i switched meal plans, that went out the window and i generally go at least a week w/o even turning my computer on, even. but now that i have job searching and cover letter writing to do, that should change. found a new career path, which excites me, but also hard to let the fitness/wellness/nutrition thing go. but this could be good. just have to get on the ball. i think the fact that i am really unhappy w/ the new management and my bday (always puts things in perspective. abt where your life is at) provided the impetus. so, yes, need to get on it.

and will slowly get through all the posts.

dani - how's the bulk going? are you still doing workouts your friend is giving you? do you like la fitness a lot better than bally's? random question, but why on earth do they not have 35 lb plates? don't get that. i've wanted versa gripps forever. will eventually get them when i can really lift again. what are you current thoughts abt the competition?
    Don't ever apologize! We all have things going on where we can't always check in. I know everyone understands - you've been a great support for everyone and I'm sure everyone knows you're here in spirit

My bulk is going well. I had gained 2 pounds actually the week I had that stomach bug but I have to think it was more water retention because last Friday I was back down to 112 or even 111(stupid scale LOL) and had gotten my calories back up to where they should be and I missed abs class which is a huge calorie burner so I also got another rest day I don't normally have. So I either only gained 1 or maintained from the week before I was sick when I was at 113 that Friday. Water weight is the only explanation - I was a bit on carb overload since it was the only thing my stomach could handle. I'm planning on bulking for one more week and starting to cut on July 2. Right now I'm actually looking forward to it - I haven't been making the greatest food choices and I know it doesnt matter as long as I'm hitting my macros which I still am but I just think there's been way too much protein powder and protein bars, not enough veggies, more cereal. I think I feel better when I have more whole foods in my diet but my problem is that I get bored after a while of eating oatmeal every single day, and plus it's hot so who feels like a huge bowl of oatmeal or a huge serving of sweet potatoes? I'm looking forward to having salads and things like that. Talk to me in two weeks, though, when I"m sure to be missing my carbs LOL.

I sometimes do some of the workouts from my friend - and I know this isn't a popular thing, but I don't follow any particular program and just sort of not wing it really but I don't do the same workouts all the time and what I do depends on how I work my split each week. He is now on summer vacay so I hope we can maybe squeeze some workouts in but I know he'll also be busy training his own clients and our schedules might not work out the same but it would be great if he'd show me some more stuff. And he apparently kept his LA membership so it'll make it easier if he has the time

I was actually going to go to Bally's yesterday since I was at the mall right across the street but in the end, I just couldn't do it LOL One, because I knew at the time I was going in, I wasn't going to get any sort of focused workout in since I haven't been there in months and people would probably be yapping at me; two, because the LA Fit facility is just so much nicer with more options and better equipment - except no 35-pound plates LOL. But they actually have those resin-type plates which I do like better, easier to pick up with the spokes in them. I was always smashing my fingers at Bally's, not to mention spending half my time walking around looking for plates because it is so unorganized there. I don't know anyone at LA yet and got into a tiff with this dude over the smith machine last week, but mostly everyone seems cool. I'm just doing my thing. There is a woman there who looks like she might be a competitive bodybuilder. I always want to talk to her but hate to interrupt her workouts. And there is another woman who is a friend of my friend who competed and this woman actually got a pro card last year and I hate to interrupt her as well, although I'm sure wouldn't mind and might actually remember me. She looks like she might be getting close to a show - she's pretty cut up right now. And the coolest thing I saw was a woman who had to be at 60 free bar squatting! I so rarely see any women doing that at all - made my day that day! I'll be at Bally's today for abs and it does still feel like home but that's probably because of the people that are there for class and it feels like old times. It's a shame things had to change, but at least we still have Hype!

I'm back and forth about the competition. With so much happening personally, I don't know if I'll be able to handle another situation that is bound to add a whole lot more stress to my life. Plus getting down to those low levels of body fat might not be good for my already fragile mental state. Either way, it was going to be dependent on my gaining enough mass so I'll have to see once I start cutting what I've got going on. I know I've made gains but whether it's enough is the question. I got a decent look at my back yesterday in a fitting room - which was the body part I'm most worried about. It looked better than I expected and my friends all commented on my back when I was at the beach a couple weeks ago. But I still also will have to get a posing class and I know of one that my friend's former coach runs every few weeks but again, there's a time issue and again with all the other stuff......so that was a really long way of saying I'm not making a decision just yet. I sort of think that I might do better waiting until spring. I can cut until September and then start bulking again. And my friend is thinking about competing next year, too, so maybe we can be on the same timetable and can be a means of support and motivation for each other - would be nice I will certainly keep everyone posted - and I'll try to get some pics up. Some days I still feel really lean, others I feel like a whale. I know I don't look like a whale, actually have been told I look better with some weight on me, but I can certainly tell there's fat where there didn't used to be fat and I've got some to lose.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just got to say I'm completely the same as you danigirl-I so need to eat more veg. I think I over focused on 'bulking' foods and forgot my 5 a day!

So happy with the gains I'm making. Scale is still the same but I'm going to give it another week then probably increase my calories.

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I have my super, secret ways My numbers generally agree with Kimm4's, who has her super, secret way. Except for shorties. 5'2" and below and I have to ask Kim.
    Could you please give me an idea as to what my maintenance is? Right now I'm sitting at 121lbs... and other than lifting full body 3xweek (I work hard) I am pretty much sedentary. I have a desk job. On the weekends I usually walk for a bit.

Right now I'm eating around 1700, trying to gauge if i'm losing/maintaining/gaining at this number. After the initial bloat/weight gain from increasing cals, the number stayed at around 121lbs. Seems like I increased weight instantly and then stopped?

Pretty please! Thank you.
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tahinilove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    Could you please give me an idea as to what my maintenance is? Right now I'm sitting at 121lbs... and other than lifting full body 3xweek (I work hard) I am pretty much sedentary. I have a desk job. On the weekends I usually walk for a bit.

Right now I'm eating around 1700, trying to gauge if i'm losing/maintaining/gaining at this number. After the initial bloat/weight gain from increasing cals, the number stayed at around 121lbs. Seems like I increased weight instantly and then stopped?

Sounds like water weight probably? I would imagine you can maintain on around 2000?

So feeling the strength benefits of bulking. Feels great being able to know out the higher weights, specially when I'm beating some of the guys at my gym
    Feeling the weight gain in my legs most but it's probably just mental!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

My method falters for your height, but should be around 1900-2000. I agree that your initial gain was probably water. One great thing about bulking is that you want to gain, need to eat to gain, and can more easily find maintenance. Definitely go up another 200 calories. When your weight settles out again, go up another 200.

Originally Posted by tahinilove View Post
    Sounds like water weight probably? I would imagine you can maintain on around 2000?

So feeling the strength benefits of bulking. Feels great being able to know out the higher weights, specially when I'm beating some of the guys at my gym
    Glad you're enjoying bulking! Hope you are gaining in your legs. Done right you shouldn't be able to fit into your starting jeans even after you finish bulking and lean out.

Glad you're enjoying bulking! Hope you are gaining in your legs. Done right you shouldn't be able to fit into your starting jeans even after you finish bulking and lean out.
    Thanks! Yeah I think my legs need the weight the most anyway! Already living in leggings! I swear it's so hard to find jeans that fit anyway-too small around the thighs but any bigger and they are too big on the waist!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks! Yeah I think my legs need the weight the most anyway! Already living in leggings! I swear it's so hard to find jeans that fit anyway-too small around the thighs but any bigger and they are too big on the waist!
    I've had good luck with Buckle jeans

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have heard the ladies here rave about Buckle jeans and Silver jeans. Can't find Buckle here in little ole' Saint John, but Silver are about $120 a pop - I refuse to spend that much for jeans......

AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshK47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm trying to get on a bulk program.

When I started at my new gym I was at 122 and today I'm at 129. I want to be consistently over 130 and maybe stay around 135.

My biggest issue is I normally don't spend a lot of money on food and I'm a terrible and very unhealthy eater. And just picky and not creative with my meals. I'm the worst shopper! The grocery store usually confuses me
    I can eat a lot but it's usually junk that isn't helping nutrient wise.

I think my next step is making sure I'm eating enough protein in my diet. From my numbers it seems very low especially to the amount of carbs I'm taking in.
    Anyone have any advice on a eating plan that will get me eating things I don't think about and miss.

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My method falters for your height, but should be around 1900-2000. I agree that your initial gain was probably water. One great thing about bulking is that you want to gain, need to eat to gain, and can more easily find maintenance. Definitely go up another 200 calories. When your weight settles out again, go up another 200.

Thank you ummm I am not too sure about what my goal is atm... I would really like to bulk and gain muscle however I feel as if I'm not lean enough to do it. I've been reading this thread the past couple days (skimming a bit, looking at pics, some posts, 200 pages is a lot!) and looking at the pics of you ladies pre-bulk I have noticed that most are lean enough. I was thinking...

maintain until july, do a mini cut for 2 months (aug-sept) then do a slow bulk until march?
    or
    maintain until july, cut until november and bulk from dec-april
    or
    just suck it up and bulk now

And the fact that a lot of the water weight goes to my face doesn't help :s sheesh I've been feeling very pudgy lately :s

current >>>>goal

Thank you ummm I am not too sure about what my goal is atm... I would really like to bulk and gain muscle however I feel as if I'm not lean enough to do it. I've been reading this thread the past couple days (skimming a bit, looking at pics, some posts, 200 pages is a lot!) and looking at the pics of you ladies pre-bulk I have noticed that most are lean enough. I was thinking...

maintain until july, do a mini cut for 2 months (aug-sept) then do a slow bulk until march?
    or
    maintain until july, cut until november and bulk from dec-april
    or
    just suck it up and bulk now

And the fact that a lot of the water weight goes to my face doesn't help :s sheesh I've been feeling very pudgy lately :s

I think your calorie intake has already decided the issue. You had to raise your calories to 1700 and are holding, not losing. That says your metabolism is mucked up. Keep raising your calories and get your metabolism running right. It's hard as heck to lose fat when it's mucked up and the longer you under eat to lose, the longer it takes to fix it.

I think your calorie intake has already decided the issue. You had to raise your calories to 1700 and are holding, not losing. That says your metabolism is mucked up. Keep raising your calories and get your metabolism running right. It's hard as heck to lose fat when it's mucked up and the longer you under eat to lose, the longer it takes to fix it.
    Okay i'm gonna bump it up to 1900 and see how it goes. But, among the 3 options I came up with, which one would you recommend?

current >>>>goal

Okay i'm gonna bump it up to 1900 and see how it goes. But, among the 3 options I came up with, which one would you recommend?
    It depends. How long have you been under eating?

Never heard of them before, I'll have to give them a look!

It depends. How long have you been under eating?
    i plateaued strength wise around april. looks and weight wise, around february.

current >>>>goal

i plateaued strength wise around april. looks and weight wise, around february.
    But how much were you eating? And before that, what was your calorie intake?

But how much were you eating? And before that, what was your calorie intake?
    around 1300-1400 on average. Before that I think I was averaging 1500, I was 130lbs in September when I first started working out.

current >>>>goal

Had a really good session today, hit some PRs. I swear the strength that comes with bulking is amazing.
    Tried switching my macros around with more carbs & fat, less protein but I was STARVING! Maybe my body just loves some tasty protein?!

Wondering anyone's opinion to whole foods vs shake post workout?

Had a really good session today, hit some PRs. I swear the strength that comes with bulking is amazing.
    Tried switching my macros around with more carbs & fat, less protein but I was STARVING! Maybe my body just loves some tasty protein?!

Wondering anyone's opinion to whole foods vs shake post workout?
    It's entirely up to you, I find whole foods work best when I'm cutting (see post above yours lol) and yesterday was my 2nd day eating @1900 and I found it hard to get all my calories for the day lol. I just remembered at the end of the day that shakes would make it easier to get the cals in haha, so I might start drinking shakes again.

current >>>>goal

around 1300-1400 on average. Before that I think I was averaging 1500, I was 130lbs in September when I first started working out.
    Do a six week bulk. Get the cals up to 2100. Then lean out for awhile but don't go below 1500. Reevaluate after 6 weeks.

Do a six week bulk. Get the cals up to 2100. Then lean out for awhile but don't go below 1500. Reevaluate after 6 weeks.
    Thank you so much freebirdmac you've helped me a lot. If I could rep you every time I would. My knowledge on all this is limited, I get all of what i know on the internet and forums.

Alright, I will update at the end of the bulk. I guess it is appropriate for me to be in this thread, because I'm nervous to bulk. Haha. I know fat gains will be inevitable, but how do you maximize muscle gain while gaining as little fat as possible? Also, is it common or normal for people with my height and activity level to cut below 1500? I don't wanna do the same mistake again of cutting too low when I go cutting.

current >>>>goal

Thank you so much freebirdmac you've helped me a lot. If I could rep you every time I would. My knowledge on all this is limited, I get all of what i know on the internet and forums.

Alright, I will update at the end of the bulk. I guess it is appropriate for me to be in this thread, because I'm nervous to bulk. Haha. I know fat gains will be inevitable, but how do you maximize muscle gain while gaining as little fat as possible? Also, is it common or normal for people with my height and activity level to cut below 1500? I don't wanna do the same mistake again of cutting too low when I go cutting.
    Completely with you on the nerves of bulking! You'll be fine though. Just keep a nice steady surplus and your fat gains shouldn't be too bad!

Completely with you on the nerves of bulking! You'll be fine though. Just keep a nice steady surplus and your fat gains shouldn't be too bad!
    Thanks! I'm sure we all feel the same way at some point

btw, do you guys keep cal intake the same on off days, or lower it?

current >>>>goal

Getting the calories up will help your metabolism so when you do lean out it should respond better. You may at some point have to go below 1500, but not much. I'm really thinking your maintenance is around 2000.

The only way to maximize muscle gains is work your ass off in the gym.

Getting the calories up will help your metabolism so when you do lean out it should respond better. You may at some point have to go below 1500, but not much. I'm really thinking your maintenance is around 2000.

The only way to maximize muscle gains is work your ass off in the gym.
    Day one and I feel as if my face and gut puffed up quick! Lol! It's probably mostly mental and the extra carbs + water (And it's the face that always blows up first for me). It was hard to get in the 2100, and I'm full all the time. Most websites and the sticky actually gave me around 1800 for my maintenance, and I've never eaten this much (except the time before I got into this business ofc), I'm a little nervous I might be gaining a little too fast. I honestly think 2000 as my maintenance is a little high, I'm sorry for doubting it if i'm wrong.

I got myself an Iced capp which was great since I haven't had it in a loooong time. hehe

also about my previous question, should I lower cals on rest days?

I think I'm getting annoying at this point lol, if that's the case then pardon me, I'm still learning!

current >>>>goal

Day one and I feel as if my face and gut puffed up quick! Lol! It's probably mostly mental and the extra carbs + water (And it's the face that always blows up first for me). It was hard to get in the 2100, and I'm full all the time. Most websites and the sticky actually gave me around 1800 for my maintenance, and I've never eaten this much (except the time before I got into this business ofc), I'm a little nervous I might be gaining a little too fast. I honestly think 2000 as my maintenance is a little high, I'm sorry for doubting it if i'm wrong.

I got myself an Iced capp which was great since I haven't had it in a loooong time. hehe

also about my previous question, should I lower cals on rest days?

I think I'm getting annoying at this point lol, if that's the case then pardon me, I'm still learning!
    You have to give this several weeks before you really can make a judgement. You have to get past the initial bloating. No way can you gain a pound of fat much less more in a few days. Let it ride. More importantly, how are things in the gym? Weights going up faster? How do you feel? More energetic? Those are the important questions.

You have to give this several weeks before you really can make a judgement. You have to get past the initial bloating. No way can you gain a pound of fat much less more in a few days. Let it ride. More importantly, how are things in the gym? Weights going up faster? How do you feel? More energetic? Those are the important questions.
    Yes, I do feel more energetic, weights are going up however not as fast as you would expect, I guess? There's progressive overload, definitely. What is a decent rate of progression? Like for example, squats and DB press. When I started HST 2 weeks ago, I started @ 95lbs 2x15 and yesterday I did 125 2x10. Will be doing 135 2x10 tomorrow.
    DB press I started at 20lbs and yesterday I was repping 30lbs DB's, same sets and reps as squats. Are they ok or should I be able to lift more than that.
    Since I injured my shoulder last month, my arms particularly my right have gotten weaker but I still managed to lift more than when I was in a deficit. As with the direct shoulder workouts, I'm not taking it too aggressively on the overload.

I don't feel hungry all the time anymore, although there are times I feel hungrier than usual despite getting more food than usual.

current >>>>goal

Yes, I do feel more energetic, weights are going up however not as fast as you would expect, I guess? There's progressive overload, definitely. What is a decent rate of progression? Like for example, squats and DB press. When I started HST 2 weeks ago, I started @ 95lbs 2x15 and yesterday I did 125 2x10. Will be doing 135 2x10 tomorrow.
    DB press I started at 20lbs and yesterday I was repping 30lbs DB's, same sets and reps as squats. Are they ok or should I be able to lift more than that.
    Since I injured my shoulder last month, my arms particularly my right have gotten weaker but I still managed to lift more than when I was in a deficit. As with the direct shoulder workouts, I'm not taking it too aggressively on the overload.

I don't feel hungry all the time anymore, although there are times I feel hungrier than usual despite getting more food than usual.
    Sounds really good! If you can't go up in weight, do more sets. Some exercises will take longer. Especially if you cannot go up in 5# increments. But you should "feel" progression over time. For example, squat weight may not go up but you're getting deeper and stronger week over week. You can feel your sets are improving even if the weights don't go up.

Sounds really good! If you can't go up in weight, do more sets. Some exercises will take longer. Especially if you cannot go up in 5# increments. But you should "feel" progression over time. For example, squat weight may not go up but you're getting deeper and stronger week over week. You can feel your sets are improving even if the weights don't go up.
    Thanks a lot for the encouragement! I will be updating and visiting this thread regularly. lol sorry for the avalanche of questions, I can't promise it won't happen again next time though. haha

current >>>>goal

Was talking to a local guy who has competed and he had some really good tips for me. Great reminders of how form and full range is so important not just getting an overly heavy weight all the time!
    Feeling very puffed and 'fat' today-not fun!

I'm currently gaining around 1lb a week, does this seem a good rate? Never thought it would actually be this hard to eat more!

Page 196 of 330 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 ... LastLast