Page 187 of 330 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 9897
    DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by missamerika View Post
    First time bulker right here! (And thanks to freebirdmac for sending me over! You ladies are awesome!!) Just started bulking at the beginning of April, doing Jim Stoppani's 12 Week program. I based my calories off my LBM and that put me at about 2360 on training days and 3160 on non-training days, but freebirdmac was saying I should bump up my calories to 2500. Sounds like a lot! haha! But then again, I AM bulking! (It's a mind game for me! :P) Does that sound like a good calorie goal?
    My weight journey has been one of the most frustrating things for me because I never go below 130 and never go above 138. What is a 5'7 bodybuilder supposed to shoot for?? My plan was to just base my goal off my body fat percentage (I started at 14% at the beginning of the program and haven't had it measured since, and my
    goal is 10%) but it would be kinda nice to have a scale number to at least shoot for. (I'm always looking around for other 5'7 ladies! Where are they?? haha)
    One thing I LOVE is seeing my strength go up! ^.^
    I visited my old high school the other day and ran into two of my brother's friends and the first thing they said when they saw me was "HOLY CRAP ERIKA! Your arms are so buff!" lol, for me, that's a huge compliment! Arm's were a big insecurity for me for awhile, and I've worked them hard to get them where they are!
    Welcome! I'm glad you joined us - you'll be happy you did

Freebird knows her stuff so I agree 2500 is a good number. Im actually at 2500 myself which is mind-blowing to me. You never know - you might actually end up needing even more. It's a bit of trial and error sometimes.

Compliments are always awesome - no better validation for all of the hard work!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Welcome! I'm glad you joined us - you'll be happy you did

Freebird knows her stuff so I agree 2500 is a good number. Im actually at 2500 myself which is mind-blowing to me. You never know - you might actually end up needing even more. It's a bit of trial and error sometimes.

Compliments are always awesome - no better validation for all of the hard work!
    Hey! Welcome. I am leaning out right now after a long bulk. I am 5'7". My bulking cals were 2500 but next go round I am thinking they will probably be slightly higher - 2700-2800. Yes, FBM definitely knows her stuff. Listen to her

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CathyVee View Post
    I've been doing the 5/3/1 program since December and started the 5/3/1 3 Month Boring But Big Challenge (it's the bodybuilding template of the program) last month. I haven't been weighing myself (last time I checked I was 132 in Feb) and haven't really been doing any serious tracking of calories, just eating and enjoying my time in the gym. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 140 which is absolutely freaking me out. My favorite pair of black pants are really tight and I can just barely zip them.

Part of me wants to start dieting NOW but then I know I'm going to be going back to square one. Any words of wisdom/support would be appreciated.
    8 pounds in 2 months? Do you feel like realistically you've been eating 500 calories over maintenance a day? If not, a good chunk of that 8 pounds is probably just bloat. You might try the same little experiment I did and drop your calories/carbs just for three or four days, then weigh yourself to see how much water weight you lose. I found it reassuring to see how just a few days of maintenance (or just below) eating made my muffin top disappear. Unless you're really overeating, it's unlikely you've put on a lot of fat that quickly.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ugh, I maintained, and now I'm wondering if the 1 or 2 pound gain from last week was water. I really hate that scale at the gym! I was nursing a little injury last week, some kind of rib soreness, and I could really tell that I was bloated and I don't feel like that anymore. But I'd dropped my calories slightly because I thought maybe I was gaining too fast - stupid!!!! And plus last week was pretty weird with my schedule and such so I was a little less active than usual. And I just haven't been sleeping very well this week and I'm sure that's affecting my gains, too. I need to start doing better, get my act together in that respect.

But I was doing overhead tricep extensions today and I could actually see some wideness in my lats that I was pretty happy about. And the way the cable thingie is situated, I can totally see my back in the mirror, and even though I had a tank on and couldn't actually see the muscles, my back appeared wider than I have been thinking. And I can really feel the muscles in my legs. I'm getting somewhere, I think LOL

I had dinner with a girlfriend on Saturday and she told me I look so much better, my face has filled out, definitely look better with some more weight on me and that I was getting too skinny there for a while, which used to piss me off when people said that. I look at pics from a few months ago, and I definitely don't look bad - I did have a decent base, but I do look really skinny and agree things are much improved now. I'm so glad I woke up and saw the light!!!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Adore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    New to this site, but plan on sticking here for a while!

Just started my bulk 3 weeks ago and gained 3-4lbs in theprocess. My calorie intake is ~2200, i've tried lower but my metabolism is incredibly fast. Meals/snacks consist of tuna, bananas, peanut butter, promax low sugar bars, chicken, brown rice, lots of 2% milk.. etc. I'm taking Whey Protein daily and my protein intake equates to 120-150/day.

Did cardio for the first 2 weeks but have now cut it off. I do a full body routine with my main focus on weights! I'm excited to see myself grow and be a part of this forum of female bodybuilders

WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome Adore

Well girls I've been definitely, not bulking, the past month and under an incrediable amount of stress which resulted in losting ~5lbs. I posted about this on the main form. This weight loss did reveal some muscle I've never seen before, abs in particular, but holy s**t...I'm way to scrawny

All in all I'm glad this happened the way it did because at least I got to see what I'm working with..not bad but nothing to write home about. I am too lean up top...you can see my ribs..at one time I would've been proud of this but now...not so much...

I'm taking the advice of freebirdmac et al and going to eat at maintenance for the summer (which should help me gain back the weight I lost), than a true bulk in the fall. I"m tired of spinning my wheels...I may even start my bulk earlier bc I'm anxious to gain some serious mass...roar lol

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Adore View Post
    New to this site, but plan on sticking here for a while!

Just started my bulk 3 weeks ago and gained 3-4lbs in theprocess. My calorie intake is ~2200, i've tried lower but my metabolism is incredibly fast. Meals/snacks consist of tuna, bananas, peanut butter, promax low sugar bars, chicken, brown rice, lots of 2% milk.. etc. I'm taking Whey Protein daily and my protein intake equates to 120-150/day.

Did cardio for the first 2 weeks but have now cut it off. I do a full body routine with my main focus on weights! I'm excited to see myself grow and be a part of this forum of female bodybuilders
    Don't worry about the sudden weight increase. More carbs, more glycogen, better pumps, etc can all cause a jump. Once things settle you'll probably have to eat more than 2200 to keep seeing the scale go up.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ugh, I maintained, and now I'm wondering if the 1 or 2 pound gain from last week was water. I really hate that scale at the gym! I was nursing a little injury last week, some kind of rib soreness, and I could really tell that I was bloated and I don't feel like that anymore. But I'd dropped my calories slightly because I thought maybe I was gaining too fast - stupid!!!! And plus last week was pretty weird with my schedule and such so I was a little less active than usual. And I just haven't been sleeping very well this week and I'm sure that's affecting my gains, too. I need to start doing better, get my act together in that respect.

But I was doing overhead tricep extensions today and I could actually see some wideness in my lats that I was pretty happy about. And the way the cable thingie is situated, I can totally see my back in the mirror, and even though I had a tank on and couldn't actually see the muscles, my back appeared wider than I have been thinking. And I can really feel the muscles in my legs. I'm getting somewhere, I think LOL

I had dinner with a girlfriend on Saturday and she told me I look so much better, my face has filled out, definitely look better with some more weight on me and that I was getting too skinny there for a while, which used to piss me off when people said that. I look at pics from a few months ago, and I definitely don't look bad - I did have a decent base, but I do look really skinny and agree things are much improved now. I'm so glad I woke up and saw the light!!!
    Yay! You found your sweet spot! Now remember this spot so when you lean out you don't go below it

LondonGirlie74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone.

Hope you dont mind me coming onto here. I havent got to read all of the posts yet on here as there are quite alot, but am already raring to go into this. I have had the advice from a few of you (thank you), and now realise after eating 1200 for soooo long, that it has got to stop. Last week I started to eat around 1800, starting to lift heavy, although have done on and off for a while now. 3 x lift, 3 x intervals. My eating is a bit erratic at the mo, must get into eating proper foods. Have let myself go a bit ie eating choc, but will get myself back on track tomorrow. Although as I said before the IBS is a prob with fibre

I suppose my question is, is 1800 enough, or should I stay with this and see how I go for a couple of weeks. I have gone from 106lbs to 110lbs already, but that may just be the crap that I am eating. I have posted a pic which is recent of me so you can see where i am.

im 5'2, 37. I am inactive in the day, desk job. I walk in the morning and going home at night, then train at night. with half hour walk at lunchtime.

thanks loads.

love reading through this site, getting my interest in lifting once again

P1000113.JPG

Originally Posted by LondonGirlie74 View Post
    Hey everyone.

Hope you dont mind me coming onto here. I havent got to read all of the posts yet on here as there are quite alot, but am already raring to go into this. I have had the advice from a few of you (thank you), and now realise after eating 1200 for soooo long, that it has got to stop. Last week I started to eat around 1800, starting to lift heavy, although have done on and off for a while now. 3 x lift, 3 x intervals. My eating is a bit erratic at the mo, must get into eating proper foods. Have let myself go a bit ie eating choc, but will get myself back on track tomorrow. Although as I said before the IBS is a prob with fibre

I suppose my question is, is 1800 enough, or should I stay with this and see how I go for a couple of weeks. I have gone from 106lbs to 110lbs already, but that may just be the crap that I am eating. I have posted a pic which is recent of me so you can see where i am.

im 5'2, 37. I am inactive in the day, desk job. I walk in the morning and going home at night, then train at night. with half hour walk at lunchtime.

thanks loads.

Attachment 4414901
    Hi there!

We are a bit similar in size. It's amazing to see that you have gained 4lbs by eating 1800 (since that is my maintenance for me), but everyone is different. First off, how is your bulk? Is it clean? Do you keep track of your macros?

For what i've been reading- better gains are directly related to how your diet is going.

Hey everyone.

thanks loads.

Attachment 4414901
    You should need around 2000+ to bulk. It'll depend on how quickly your metabolism responds properly to more food. When you've been under eating for so long you really put a throttle on your metabolism. The quick weight gain and bloating should level off. Then you'll know it's time to goose up the calories. Bulking, like fat loss isn't linear. You can gain quickly for awhile, level off, then start creeping up again. The important thing is you're finally getting your calories up and fixing your metabolism. And of course lifting heavy

I started off at 1800 on my first bulk after a year plus of undereating due to the onset of food allergies. Now my maintenance is around 1900 and I'm older, hypo, post meno, sit on my ass all day, lift 4x week, and no cardio. So do not be afraid to eat!!

BTW, not a damn thing wrong with chocolate. I have some everyday even when leaning out

Adore - At the mo it isnt clean at all!! I have been eating crap like there is no tomorrow recently, and now with the upping of cals, im sort of going for it. But I have to stop that becuase I am eating more crap than good stuff! Need to get into a good routine/menu so I can see some real benefit and not all fat. Im using a site, so keeping track of macros, but until i get myself a good menu, its all rubbish!! Need to up the protein.

Freebirdmac - thanks for your advice a little while back. As I said above, I have to sort my menu out, i know what to eat, its just so nice to eat more cals and be ok with it. Am getting excited about the gains I have already made in the past few months, it helped that my other half is a bodybuilder too, and he helps me lift sometimes, and I can do much much more when he is there.

was also worried about the fact that i sit down all day, but if you do it, then its fine Just eating a nice big bag of choc covered almonds, bout 650 cals, but lovely!!

Adore - At the mo it isnt clean at all!! I have been eating crap like there is no tomorrow recently, and now with the upping of cals, im sort of going for it. But I have to stop that becuase I am eating more crap than good stuff! Need to get into a good routine/menu so I can see some real benefit and not all fat. Im using a site, so keeping track of macros, but until i get myself a good menu, its all rubbish!! Need to up the protein.

Freebirdmac - thanks for your advice a little while back. As I said above, I have to sort my menu out, i know what to eat, its just so nice to eat more cals and be ok with it. Am getting excited about the gains I have already made in the past few months, it helped that my other half is a bodybuilder too, and he helps me lift sometimes, and I can do much much more when he is there.

was also worried about the fact that i sit down all day, but if you do it, then its fine Just eating a nice big bag of choc covered almonds, bout 650 cals, but lovely!!
    Yeah, 650 calls of chocolate covered almonds isn't something you'll want to do every day It's all about balance and getting your min protein, fats, and vitamins/minerals in. After that, the gloves are off. If you have a "bad" day, eat better the next few days to make up for it. Now's the time to play around a bit and get the feel for having junkier food in the diet without feeling guilty or gaining a bunch of unneeded weight. One day you'll be maintaining for long periods of time. What you learn now will come in handy. Who wants to eat to maintain like their dieting?

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Who wants to eat to maintain like their dieting?
    Truer words have never been spoken. Or, y'know, typed. Whatever
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken. Or, y'know, typed. Whatever
    Yeegads!!! They're not their!!

Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I haven't posted here before, so hi! I decided to start bulking about a month or so ago. More like two, but I didn't actually start the eating portion of it until a little while later lol. I come here out of complete shock. Don't laugh at me please lol. I recalculated my BMR and I just figured my maintenance is about 2,100. WHAT!? So I need to be at or around 2,400-2,500 to see the gains I want? I don't know why I thought 2,000 was the magic number to start with, but I did. So how should I go about this? Should I go to 2,200 for a week or two, then to 2,400? Or just jump right in? I was a bit bloated when I went up to 2,000 from about 1,600. It did go away though. Can I expect a similar bloat again? I don't mind the bloat. I'm just wondering.

Another issue. Once I hit about 1,800 calories I find myself annoyed and searching for food to throw in my mouth. My husband told me last week, "You're always f*cking eating!" And I FEEL it. Even his friends comment on how I'm constantly eating but still stay small. Little do they understand I want to be big. I feel like most days I don't stop. Does anyone else feel this way? Sometimes by the end of the day I'm so tired of food I just sit on the couch with peanut butter and call it even. If/when you feel this way, what are some of your favorite higher calorie foods?
    Last edited by Sarah97; 05-03-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Originally Posted by Sarah97 View Post
    I haven't posted here before, so hi! I decided to start bulking about a month or so ago. More like two, but I didn't actually start the eating portion of it until a little while later lol. I come here out of complete shock. Don't laugh at me please lol. I recalculated my BMR and I just figured my maintenance is about 2,100. WHAT!? So I need to be at or around 2,400-2,500 to see the gains I want? I don't know why I thought 2,000 was the magic number to start with, but I did. So how should I go about this? Should I go to 2,200 for a week or two, then to 2,400? Or just jump right in? I was a bit bloated when I went up to 2,000 from about 1,600. It did go away though. Can I expect a similar bloat again? I don't mind the bloat. I'm just wondering.

Another issue. Once I hit about 1,800 calories I find myself annoyed and searching for food to throw in my mouth. My husband told me last week, "You're always f*cking eating!" And I FEEL it. Even his friends comment on how I'm constantly eating but still stay small. Little do they understand I want to be big. I feel like most days I don't stop. Does anyone else feel this way? Sometimes by the end of the day I'm so tired of food I just sit on the couch with peanut butter and call it even. If/when you feel this way, what are some of your favorite higher calorie foods?
    Lol! We're so used to all of the dieting talk that it can be shocking to realize we can eat more. 2350 should be close to your magic number. I'd start there. Even better if you combine that with a routine change. There might be some bloating, but it shouldn't be too bad.

The more whole foods you eat the more food it takes. I'm another who is always eating something. Even with my limited food choices. I liked making black bean chocolate cupcakes or pumpkin muffins made with coconut flour. The latter really being calorie generous. Buckwheat chocolate chip cookies are good too. Just look through recipes and make them healthier.

Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sarah97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know clean foods aren't necessary. So if I start eating a bit more crap I'll be okay right? lol It's going to be interesting. I prefer clean foods because they make me feel better, and I've been eating like this for so long that processed foods rip my insides apart. A few weeks ago I had a bite of my son's pizza and holy freaking stomach pain! It's just getting hard to meet my calories eating so clean. This is definitely a learning process. Thanks for your input! My mom used to make buckwheat pancakes when I lived at home. I'll see what I can get my hands on! My husband will be happy about me being more lax with my diet lol.

Out of curiousity, what is a typical range for one's protein and carb intake when on a bulk of around 2300?

I know clean foods aren't necessary. So if I start eating a bit more crap I'll be okay right? lol It's going to be interesting. I prefer clean foods because they make me feel better, and I've been eating like this for so long that processed foods rip my insides apart. A few weeks ago I had a bite of my son's pizza and holy freaking stomach pain! It's just getting hard to meet my calories eating so clean. This is definitely a learning process. Thanks for your input! My mom used to make buckwheat pancakes when I lived at home. I'll see what I can get my hands on! My husband will be happy about me being more lax with my diet lol.

Out of curiousity, what is a typical range for one's protein and carb intake when on a bulk of around 2300?
    If it makes you feel bad don't eat it! You don't have to eat crap. You can make a lot of crappy food quite healthy with substitutions. It is more challenging to eat more and keep it healthy. It'll take some work and cooking/baking. Eating enough to bulk again is my current problem. My gluten, milk protein, corn, and sulfite issues are so restrictive I have trouble maintaining.

I wouldn't go over 1.5x body weight for protein. The rest is up to you and how it makes you feel.

I'm definitely going to have some fun with the cooking and baking! Hopefully that will help me hit my goals.

I usually stay around 1g/1lb when it comes to protein, but have the sporadic day like today where I hit 180g. I remember reading some articles about high protein diets having some bad effects and not being sure if they held substantial merit, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't crossing a line with that.

Thanks for your help!

I'm definitely going to have some fun with the cooking and baking! Hopefully that will help me hit my goals.

I usually stay around 1g/1lb when it comes to protein, but have the sporadic day like today where I hit 180g. I remember reading some articles about high protein diets having some bad effects and not being sure if they held substantial merit, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't crossing a line with that.

Thanks for your help!

High protein is only a problem if you have kidney problems or if that's pretty much all you are eating. I've seen people leaning out running into trouble as they pretty much zeroed out fats and carbs With so many good fats and carbs to eat one shouldn't have to rely on a boatload of protein.

I too have just discovered my bulk number: 2200-2400! Before eating clean, i'd probably eat 3 big meals during the day (usually fast food or other dirties!). Now that i'm looking for clean foods, i'm constantly eating all the time. A peanutbutter sandwhich or two during the day, some almonds, cottage cheese, protein bars.. Hah! I also add peanut butter to everything. My favorite high calorie snack has to be an avocado/peanut butter sandwich mmmm

And it's different too- i'm constantly looking for food! Even when my stomach feels content, I feel like it should be full to accomplish my goals. Being full is like being comfy, in bulking world of course.

SweetnBossy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Newbie here! Hoping to find the info I desperately need here. I'm thinking I need to bulk as well (feeling too flabby after losing 15 lbs- me no likey)- even though I get comments ranging from "you look great" to "please don't lose any more weight".

Took a picture this morning of why I recalculated my bmr. Too much ab definition! lol..I was LOSING body fat on 2,000 calories/day and *maybe* one day a week of 20 min. cardio.

It's a new day today. I'm going to hit 2,350!
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Adore View Post
    I too have just discovered my bulk number: 2200-2400! Before eating clean, i'd probably eat 3 big meals during the day (usually fast food or other dirties!). Now that i'm looking for clean foods, i'm constantly eating all the time. A peanutbutter sandwhich or two during the day, some almonds, cottage cheese, protein bars.. Hah! I also add peanut butter to everything. My favorite high calorie snack has to be an avocado/peanut butter sandwich mmmm

And it's different too- i'm constantly looking for food! Even when my stomach feels content, I feel like it should be full to accomplish my goals. Being full is like being comfy, in bulking world of course.

Im feeling the same, although I have always wanted to eat more, even on the lowest amount of cals so this is great for me. Im a peanut butter junkie at the mo, eat too much of it probably, but its def satisfying.

Soo glad I have started this, finally I will be getting somewhere I want to be. did a legs session last nite and loved it

Today is supposed to be weigh-in day for me - but I get to the gym today and the scale is broken! Grrrrr. LOL Not that it matters anyway because half the time, I can't even figure out where the stupid thing is leveling off but at least I can get an idea. I really wanted to weigh in today, though. I am having some personal and emotional problems and I have been eating(although having to almost force it as I have no appetite), not sleeping great but I feel like I'm looking thin - so I suspect I may have lost weight. I'll be at the other gym tomorrow and can weigh there but it will be later in the day and a different scale so I'm not sure how accurate it is. I wouldn't even sweat it if I wasn't feeling so darn thin at the moment. But I will just keep my cals where they are for now. I don't think adding more in is an option since I'm forcing myself as it is. Today I seem to be getting more earlier in the day so when it comes nighttime, at least I won't have to have as much - I've ended up with horrible reflux which I am sure is a combination of the stress and just eating a lot of calories in a short window of time.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Today is supposed to be weigh-in day for me - but I get to the gym today and the scale is broken! Grrrrr. LOL Not that it matters anyway because half the time, I can't even figure out where the stupid thing is leveling off but at least I can get an idea. I really wanted to weigh in today, though. I am having some personal and emotional problems and I have been eating(although having to almost force it as I have no appetite), not sleeping great but I feel like I'm looking thin - so I suspect I may have lost weight. I'll be at the other gym tomorrow and can weigh there but it will be later in the day and a different scale so I'm not sure how accurate it is. I wouldn't even sweat it if I wasn't feeling so darn thin at the moment. But I will just keep my cals where they are for now. I don't think adding more in is an option since I'm forcing myself as it is. Today I seem to be getting more earlier in the day so when it comes nighttime, at least I won't have to have as much - I've ended up with horrible reflux which I am sure is a combination of the stress and just eating a lot of calories in a short window of time.
    I have the exact same problem with the scale at my gym...can never really tell where that darn needle is pointing!!! Was going to buy an electronic one but I know myself to well and know it would turn in to a problem...I'd be on it every chance I got. Sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time....I too am dealing with some 'stuff' which tends to reflect on my weight...lost a few lbs errrrrrr!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Originally Posted by WariorGoddess View Post
    I have the exact same problem with the scale at my gym...can never really tell where that darn needle is pointing!!! Was going to buy an electronic one but I know myself to well and know it would turn in to a problem...I'd be on it every chance I got. Sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time....I too am dealing with some 'stuff' which tends to reflect on my weight...lost a few lbs errrrrrr!!!!!

Have a great weekend!
    Sorry to hear you've got "stuff" too. I can't imagine having lost weight with all I've been eating but I'm not sleeping very well, so I'm sure that would be the culprit if anything. My leg workouts this week have been good - went for strength the other day and killed it. Today legs was great. The other days have been just meh, not awful but not great. I'm just trying to keep on keeping on!

I was thinking of getting a scale for home as well - but my bathroom is already so small and cluttered as it is with all of my kids' things so I don't have anywhere to put it! LOL I will still weigh tomorrow at the other gym and see what it says and try to evaluate from there, and see how I feel appetite-wise.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

You know, when you're going through a bunch of crap stay off the scale. Why add to your distress? If you think you look thin and you know you haven't been eating enough, just eat more. Try to get back on the wagon. But stay off the scale until you've been back at it for a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    You know, when you're going through a bunch of crap stay off the scale. Why add to your distress? If you think you look thin and you know you haven't been eating enough, just eat more. Try to get back on the wagon. But stay off the scale until you've been back at it for a couple of weeks.
    Thanks, freebird! I hadn't even looked at it that way but it's a great point. I certainly don't need more to stress over, that's for sure.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Page 187 of 330 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast