Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Hrdgain, I have to ask - What's your rationale behind using IF to bulk? I think for someone like yourself it would be much easier to spread your calories out. It seems to me you're just jumping on a very popular bandwagon, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Its definitely not a popularity thing, and as for the binging, well, Ive come to grips with the fact that I AM gaining weight, I just have to suck it up and be patient.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I agree. I fear you will just binge worse on IF as you say you expect gains quicker...
    Not at all, makes me look forward to whole foods MORE if anything because I know Im not restricted to a small amount of it in one sitting, not saying I cant do it, but its a better way for me to stay on track IMO

Welcome!
    Thanks man!

Originally Posted by bonkerzzz View Post
    I disagree, since doing IF its much easier for me to eat large quanities of clean food and not have the need to binge. Its one of the trademarks of the diet, among other reasons. I actually crave meat and veg now, rather than junk.
    ^ This x100. In knowing that a high amount of protein is needed in such a small window, it puts a greater focus on the calorie-dense, nutrient packed meats/proteins that will really help meet my macros.

IF was a big catalyst in helping me recover from my binge eating disorder as well. My concern for hrdgainer wasn't in reference to binging, I just think he's going to have a difficult time getting enough calories while using IF.
    I gotta say, your worry is not without merit, seeing as my first night was very hard. I was very bloated but I did hit my macros perfectly, actually better than I usually would because I had to focus more in that time frame to ensure I was getting all my carbs/fats/proteins...thanks for the concern though man...

So how many days did it usually take you experienced IF'ers to get past the bloat/discomfort for it to feel more normal for your body??
    --Misc Cut like Diamonds by June Crew--

'We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers.'

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.'

'We may forgive a child for being afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy is a man who is afraid of the light.' -Plato

One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress. -John Adams

bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    IF was a big catalyst in helping me recover from my binge eating disorder as well. My concern for hrdgainer wasn't in reference to binging, I just think he's going to have a difficult time getting enough calories while using IF.
    Ah sorry, I see what you mean now.

bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hrdgain3r89 View Post
    So how many days did it usually take you experienced IF'ers to get past the bloat/discomfort for it to feel more normal for your body??
    3 .. srs lol

∆--Be the Change--∆ The Big Sleep's Avatar
    The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JValjean724 View Post
    Thanks again. Yeah I definitely love lifting, that hour is simultaneously the best part of the day and the most challenging. I wouldn't have been able to stick with it so long if I didn't (which is why I dropped cardio), now I'm just ready to start being productive!

Note on the food: It's all from the dining hall , I don't make any of it lol though it is quite good.
    Right on man, definitely agree with that simultaneous statement; its heaven and hell mixed into one sometimes haha. Also, you are damned good at making that out of dining hall food

IF was a big catalyst in helping me recover from my binge eating disorder as well.
    Id agree with this, since I started IF my cravings for pigging out have only gone down. I think it has to do with the fact that IF essentially allows you to "pig out" in a sense by eating larger meals, whereas frequent feeding methods limit you to smaller portions and if you're really hungry it turns into a feasting marathon.

Judging by your MEN food pics (and experiencing the same issues for my first week or so of IF), all I can suggest is to really limit your fiber intake for the first couple days. Before IF I was eating 50g fiber/day no sweat. I lowered my intake to 20g or less day and it helped me eat enough while not feeling so bloated from a 1300 calorie meal . I love green veggies, but you may have to limit them for a few days and things like beans and oats as well.
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

http://www.haleo.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/haleo.html

Like Us On ********: http://tinyurl.com/HaleoFB

http://muscle-primer.com

•A mind too active is no mind at all•

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bonkerzzz View Post
    I disagree, since doing IF its much easier for me to eat large quanities of clean food and not have the need to binge. Its one of the trademarks of the diet, among other reasons. I actually crave meat and veg now, rather than junk.
    I know that (I IF).

My point was his binge wasn't exactly large quantities of "clean food" as you say (some was and some wasn't - depending on what each individual classifies as "clean")

2 servings proats, giant bowl of mutiple kids cereals w/chocolate milk, hardees + taco bell, sub sandwich, BennJerrys, chips +dip, just gorged.
    I do hope it works out but keep the updates/pics coming hrdgain3r89!
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Physicist in Training JValjean724's Avatar
    JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

“Men can starve from a lack of self-realization as much as they can from a lack of bread.” – Richard Wright

Weight as of this morning: 122.6lbs

Workout

Deload week 1 (85%)

Upper Day 1

Bench Press – 4 x 8 70lbs
    T-Bar Rows – 4 x 8 57.5lbs
    Military Press (Barbell) – 3 x 12 45lbs
    Lat Pull Downs – 3 x 12 60lbs
    Scull Crushers – 2 x 15 30lbs
    Barbell Curls – 2 x 15 35lbs
    Wrist Curls – 2x15 40lbs
    Shrugs 1 x 15 40lb dumbells

Food

Not pictured: Oatmeal with skim milk before my workout and post workout protein shake

Apple with Peanut butter

Grilled Ham and Cheese, Red Bean Ratatouille, Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Awww yeah:

Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich

Pork BBQ, Green Beans, Creole (Ozro with okrah, tomatoes, etc.), and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
    Half eaten

Americone Dream (quite underrated if I do say so myself)

Highlight food of the day: Grilled Ham and Cheese
    Macros Today: 141g protein/75g fat/270g carbs

Comments

This morning’s workout felt really good. It was lighter weights but I had a lot of energy and I focused on slowly easing out perfect reps and getting the form down pat. My body is also appreciating the rest and my legs are thanking me when I walk up the stairs

Tomorrow is a rest day so that means I get to sleep in….though for me that is only like 6:45 at the latest....if I sleep later than 7 I feel like a bum. Also, my Fall Break from school will officially start and I will be driving home for three hours in the afternoon so I most likely won’t post tomorrow’s log until Thursday. Being at home I will be able to make my own food for a few days so that will be nice, though I can’t promise if anything I make will be all that good.

Mental State

It’s seems that each and every day I’m getting more and more comfortable with my own body. It’s been a long process but I think I am finally able to objectively judge my own appearance and be reasonable about my expectations. This is partly because I have stopped trying to compare myself to others (and stop being more lenient on my judgment of others than myself) and partly because I got out of the mindset that any ounce of fat is unacceptable. It’s just not reasonable to hold myself to that kind of standard when I can feel much better and still look great at a reasonable body fat and weight (in the future I mean, I’m not saying I’m at that point now). I had held onto this kind of thinking ever since realizing that I was fat as a child, where I felt isolated because I saw everyone else as skinny and normal while I was the only one who had a problem. Like everything else it’s still a struggle every day, but one that I seem to be slowly winning.

Thanks for following and I’m always glad to hear comments
    -Sean
    Last edited by JValjean724; 10-05-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    I protest this fraud

Mind and Body Recomposition Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127989043&page=3

DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000) DTrulez616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its great to hear the mindset is doing well. I can speak from experience that beating an ED is tough work, harder than any workout.

Eats and workout looks great. Gotta keep the focus on form and MMC and not ego weights. Thats another thing I had to learn awhile back.
    Instagram: instagram.com/zackfeeney
    Snapchat: DTrulez616

JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DTrulez616 View Post
    Its great to hear the mindset is doing well. I can speak from experience that beating an ED is tough work, harder than any workout.

Eats and workout looks great. Gotta keep the focus on form and MMC and not ego weights. Thats another thing I had to learn awhile back.
    Yeah it's definitely not something you can ever really get rid of; you just have to learn to understand how your brain functions and minimize it as much as you can. At least that's my experience so far
    I protest this fraud

Mind and Body Recomposition Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127989043&page=3

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz

It’s seems that each and every day I’m getting more and more comfortable with my own body. It’s been a long process but I think I am finally able to objectively judge my own appearance and be reasonable about my expectations. This is partly because I have stopped trying to compare myself to others (and stop being more lenient on my judgment of others than myself) and partly because I got out of the mindset that any ounce of fat is unacceptable. It’s just not reasonable to hold myself to that kind of standard when I can feel much better and still look great at a reasonable body fat and weight (in the future I mean, I’m not saying I’m at that point now). I had held onto this kind of thinking ever since realizing that I was fat as a child, where I felt isolated because I saw everyone else as skinny and normal while I was the only one who had a problem. Like everything else it’s still a struggle every day, but one that I seem to be slowly winning.

-Sean
    You are way ahead of the game then. This is something I myself struggle with as well as 99% of the population without EDs.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    You are way ahead of the game then. This is something I myself struggle with as well as 99% of the population without EDs.
    I'm not saying I am completely over it, as I definitely am not, but I am starting to see the other side and the scales are starting to tip. It's definitely the central problem in all of this mess

even just being able to walk around my suite in the morning with my shirt off is a vast improvement
    I protest this fraud

The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000) The Big Sleep is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Highlight food of the day: Grilled Ham and Cheese

Mental State

-Sean
    Strong Sandwich my man! Tough to beat some classic Grilled H and C.

Also, this paragraph speaks volumes to what a lot of ED people go through each day (myself included). Like you said though, thats why we're on this forum and doing what we're doing day in and day out--To OVERCOME the past struggles. Just remember everyday is step closer to a new you Sean, never give up and do your best...the rest will take care of itself
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hrdgain3r89 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry for the dissapointing post here guys, been a really tough day. Lots of places to run, herrands to accompish, all while watching the little one for the day so needless to say I didnt manage a workout this afternoon. =( So bummed....
    On a lighter note, Im feeling great, gonna hit legs/shoulders HARD first thing in the morning and post the workout/stats when i get home.

JValean, eats and workouts are looking great brotha, gonna have to have me a messy grilled ham n cheese for some pwo goodness tomorrow lol got me cravin....

As for the "mental state", thats great that youre finally starting to compare yourself against YOURSELF...best mindset to be in. Only person you should be trying to be better than is the person you see in the mirror. Always improving, never stop. Great job man.

As for me, I suppose my log ill resemble closely to the big sleeps, workouts, macros, quote/song of the day, and maybe just a few side notes to close on. Looking forward to the feedback tomorrow fellas, cya then!

'We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers.'

'We may forgive a child for being afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy is a man who is afraid of the light.' -Plato

One useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress. -John Adams

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep View Post
    Strong Sandwich my man! Tough to beat some classic Grilled H and C.

Also, this paragraph speaks volumes to what a lot of ED people go through each day (myself included). Like you said though, thats why we're on this forum and doing what we're doing day in and day out--To OVERCOME the past struggles. Just remember everyday is step closer to a new you Sean, never give up and do your best...the rest will take care of itself
    I plan on it

I still have recurring issues with putting on fat because I feel like I already am too fat...even though, like Bejetah, Im fairly lean around 10-11% BF. I just have this dang skinny-fat look from all the muscle loss from the anorexia and over exercising.
    I think this quote from you, Elliot, in your original post sums up it up quite nicely. I almost 100% sure that when I start actually gaining weight in a few weeks I will start having mini mental freak outs. It still seems ingrained in my brain that losing weight = good and gaining weight = bad, and that is still my immediate reaction to the scale. Hopefully having this log will help keep me on track

Though right now for the first time in my life I think I am actually satisfied with my body as far as BF% goes, which is one of the reasons I took a couple months to maintain so that I could get comfortable with where I'm at. The problem will arise when I start seeing it creep up again.

Sorry for the dissapointing post here guys, been a really tough day. Lots of places to run, herrands to accompish, all while watching the little one for the day so needless to say I didnt manage a workout this afternoon. =( So bummed....
    On a lighter note, Im feeling great, gonna hit legs/shoulders HARD first thing in the morning and post the workout/stats when i get home.

JValean, eats and workouts are looking great brotha, gonna have to have me a messy grilled ham n cheese for some pwo goodness tomorrow lol got me cravin....

As for the "mental state", thats great that youre finally starting to compare yourself against YOURSELF...best mindset to be in. Only person you should be trying to be better than is the person you see in the mirror. Always improving, never stop. Great job man.

As for me, I suppose my log ill resemble closely to the big sleeps, workouts, macros, quote/song of the day, and maybe just a few side notes to close on. Looking forward to the feedback tomorrow fellas, cya then!
    Don't worry about it, one day away from the gym is not going to do any harm and it's not like it happened form lack of will power.

How'd the second day of IF go? still hungry?

And that grilled ham and cheese was undescribably delicous (I took like five pictures on my phone to make sure I did it justice lol). Can't wait to see yours!
    I protest this fraud

I just came across this excellent blog post by fitlover about "normal eating" and thought I'd share. It exemplifies everything I've been trying to do and speaks straight to people who have been down the ED path:

http://fortheloveofcookies.wordpress...normal-eating/
    I protest this fraud

This is by far the best description of troubling ED ive seen on here yet. It is literally the story of my previous life. The can of tuna thing? Oh yeah....especially depressing when id be making tuna next to the hot bowl of my parents cheesy mac, mashed potatoes, and steak. GAH. I love informed eating, as well as these forums. They help me realize mroe and more every day of how foolish I was being, and honestly its EASIER for me to control myself knowing that its not the end of the world to have what you enjoy. Thanks J!

And to your question the second day went great man! Had the grumbles mid-morning about an hour before class like the first day, but it asnt too bad. As for today, Ill be eating a bit earlier, so im headed to the gym in about 30 minutes, will post when i get back!!!

Hrdgain3r89's Log Day 1

10-6-10
    =============================================

"To give anything but your best, is to sacrifice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine

Todays weight: 153.5 lbs (lost a pound gr)

Workout: Legs, Shoulders

Warm-up: Bar Squat (12 reps)

Squats: 4 sets/6 reps (155, 185, 205, 205)

Leg Press: 3 sets/8 reps (305, 395, 395)

Barbell Lunges: 3 sets/6 reps each leg (95, 95, 105)

Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets/25 reps (105, 105, 105)

Seated DB Press: 3 sets/6 reps (35, 40, 45)

Military Press: 3 sets/4-6 reps (90, 95, 100)

Standing Side Lateral Raise: 3 sets/6 reps (30, 30, 30)
    s/s
    DB Front Raise: 3 sets/10 reps (20, 25, 25)

Today went well, had decent energy for not being very used to training fasted, was totallt spent by the end today though, couldnt wait to get home to my proats. The reason you dont see rear delt moves is because Ive been training them with back/lats on a different day to mix it up. Been working well for me.

Macros for today: 2900 cals, 200g protein, 250g carbs, 75g fat

Upped my cals by 100 for the week since ive only seen about a 1/4 lb gain per week lately

Seeing a bit more abdominal fat as the days go by, but thats what cuttings for right? For the most part, the fat gain has been nowhere near as extreme as I as worried about it being. Plus, the muscle gains ive experienced outweight the fat gain for me, so its no worries.

Summary: Feeling great today, IF is really giving me the energy I thought I was unable to get due to always being stuffed from feeding throughout the day. I have more time to accomplish things such as schoolwork, hanging out with the GF, baby, family, going out, shopping, chores, whatever. IF really opens up alot of doors Ive been having problems opening. Plus the large feedings are a big plus and the cravings throughout the day aer VERY minimal as long as I keep in mind that I have new amazing recipes to try when I get home later in the day HA.

I have a question to end on though for whoever has some advice. Lets say I workout at 9-10 in the morning some days but my fast doesnt end until 4. As long as I had a good meal to end the last feeding window and supplement my 10g BCAA a couple times in between, will I be ok until 4 without risking catabolism???? Really wanting to know, would make my days alot easier being able to lift early, eat late, and relax lol.

bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50) bejetah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a question to end on though for whoever has some advice. Lets say I workout at 9-10 in the morning some days but my fast doesnt end until 4. As long as I had a good meal to end the last feeding window and supplement my 10g BCAA a couple times in between, will I be ok until 4 without risking catabolism???? Really wanting to know, would make my days alot easier being able to lift early, eat late, and relax lol.
    by all means yes

bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000) bonkerzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I read in Martins article he proposes 10g BCAA every 2 hours up until you break your fast in that situation.

Something like - 10g Post WO - 12pm - 2pm - eat at 4.

dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Macros for today: 2900 cals, 200g protein, 250g carbs, 75g fat

Upped my cals by 100 for the week since ive only seen about a 1/4 lb gain per week lately
    Just pointing this out don't know if this is just a simple mistake or not but 200g protein, 250g carbs, 75g fat is 2475 cals, not 2900.

Not callin' you out
    Just don't want ya shortin' yourself bro.

Originally Posted by dustinh6719 View Post
    Just pointing this out don't know if this is just a simple mistake or not but 200g protein, 250g carbs, 75g fat is 2475 cals, not 2900.

Not callin' you out
    Just don't want ya shortin' yourself bro.
    Thanks for the heads up man, the 250g carbs was meant to be 350, which is pretty high but i find im very carb tolerant and when i take in excessive protein only then do i get major bloating...so atm its working well =)

dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dustinh6719 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the heads up man, the 250g carbs was meant to be 350, which is pretty high but i find im very carb tolerant and when i take in excessive protein only then do i get major bloating...so atm its working well =)
    Sounds good bro. Keep it up.

EATS FOR LOG DAY 1!

Banana Cream Proats w/pecans, peanuts, and almonds mixed in and a large banana on the side

Kashi Oatmeal flax cookies (awesome flavor)

Theres been an Uncle Joes BBQ stand on campus at my college finally decided to stop n grab something off the cart! Pork BBQ...

Yogurt

As promised to JValean, gave my ham n cheese a run, as well as my first attempt at sweet potato fries...came out aweomse if i say so myself, very crispy and flavorful!!!

My god man, proats sound mouthwaterin' =)

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Workout

Deload week 1 (85%)

Rest

Food

White Chocolate Wonderful Oatmeal

Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Sauce, Veggie nuggets, Rissole Potatoes, Broccoli

Turkey, Cucumber, Tomato, Pickle, and mustard sandwich

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese (First time going to McDonalds in 2 years)

Macros Today: 135g protein/90g fat/186g carbs

Comments

Drove home from school today with a few friends, and got back at around 9:00.

Mental State

On the drive back home I was freakin' starving, and the sad part is a couple months ago I would have just dealt with it until I got home for fear of eating fast food. Luckily my mindset is completely changed and I was able to relax and eat at McDonalds with my buds (I know it's not exactly the best option and trans fat should not be consumed, but once in a while is not the end of the world). It was also kind of a checkpoint in my progress that I was able to sit down and enjoy what was my favorite childhood food without any guilt whatsoever. I do remember it tasting better though .

-Sean
    I protest this fraud

EATS FOR LOG DAY 1!

As promised to JValean, gave my ham n cheese a run, as well as my first attempt at sweet potato fries...came out aweomse if i say so myself, very crispy and flavorful!!!
    IMG]
    Fries look like they were really done well! Ham and cheese needs more cheese though
    I protest this fraud

[b]10-6-10
    "To give anything but your best, is to sacrifice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine

Summary: Feeling great today, IF is really giving me the energy I thought I was unable to get due to always being stuffed from feeding throughout the day. I have more time to accomplish things such as schoolwork, hanging out with the GF, baby, family, going out, shopping, chores, whatever. IF really opens up alot of doors Ive been having problems opening. Plus the large feedings are a big plus and the cravings throughout the day aer VERY minimal as long as I keep in mind that I have new amazing recipes to try when I get home later in the day HA.

Have that quote hung on the wall of my home gym

Also, thats the beauty of IF man, getting stuff done during the fast and not worrying about "Oh noez, its been 2.5 hours since I last touched food to my tongue ". The BCAA protocol you laid out for the morning training works fine as well, if you want to train early go ahead and just sip some BCAAs until you eat.

Mental State

On the drive back home I was freakin' starving, and the sad part is a couple months ago I would have just dealt with it until I got home for fear of eating fast food. Luckily my mindset is completely changed and I was able to relax and eat at McDonalds with my buds (I know it's not exactly the best option and trans fat should not be consumed, but once in a while is not the end of the world). It was also kind of a checkpoint in my progress that I was able to sit down and enjoy what was my favorite childhood food without any guilt whatsoever. I do remember it tasting better though .

-Sean
    Eats are very legit Sean, whats in the WC Oatmeal? Melt some white chocolate in there? Looks good

Props to the fast food eats without having a nervous breakdown, thats something I couldnt overcome (yet) at least

Wheres Bejetah? Hope he's alright
    Team HALEO™ Rep
    ∞[Echo in Eternity]∞

10-7-10
    ===========

Hrdgain3r's Log Day 2

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

^ Oldie but goodie.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Current weight: 154 lbs. Macro Goals: 2900 cals, 250g protein, 300g carbs, 75g fat

Workout: Back/Lats/Traps

(Hyperextension WU/12 reps/15lb)

RDL: 4 sets/6-8 reps (135, 185, 225, 225)

Lat Pulldown: 4 sets/8-10 reps/2 sets OH Grip, 2 sets UH Grip (120, 140, 140, 140)

T-Bar Row: 4 sets/12-15 reps *1 DropSet (135, 180, 225, 250) *135

One-Arm Bent-Over DB Rows: 3 sets/10 reps each arm (50, 60, 65)

DB Shrugs: 3 sets/10 reps (70, 70, 70)
    s/s
    Behind-Back Barbell Shrugs: 3 sets/20 reps (110, 130, 140)

*Did a little light-ab work, been slackin on em*

Mindset: Things are lookin pretty good for me right now, grades are up, eatin n trainin like a beast, daughter just started talkin, just really feeling a lot more stress-free than i had been recently. Not sure that IF can contribute to all of that but it certainly helps. Continuing to increase my calories each week and am seeing great results.

I am definitely ready to get the ball rolling with the gf and start looking for a house/apartment soon. Tired of living apart =(

Other than that, I really feel as if feelings of paranoia, guilt, and anxiety are a thing of the past in terms of food and weight control. Ive accepted the correlation between muscles and fat, and i understand that its damn near physically impossible to have one without the other. Best way Ive found to look at is that its just a matter of fine tuning once ive achieved the gains im after. As for anyone who still has problems eating enough out of the fear of fat gain, being unhealthy etc, there most definitely is hope. Once anyone starts to become stronger, feel better, look better, and understand that all the hard work we put in is to no avail if we starve ourselves! God, I dont even wanna think back on the months and months of wasted time and energy training my ass off only to eat around 1800 calories a day MAYBE, on top of cardio each and every day. To finalize, my mind/muscle connection is getting better, just recently started ACTUALLY flexing my lats and feeling them, before it was simply the motions. Ready for the days when people ask what im taking to be big rather than what im smoking to be small. Best wishes to everyone and good luck with all of your guys' training/diet/goals/school, and everything in between!!!

Fries look like they were really done well! Ham and cheese needs more cheese though
    I know this =( lol twas dissapointed in the sandwich, made up for it by not burning up the fries though lolz.....

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Workout

Deload week 1 (85%)

Rest

Food

White Chocolate Wonderful Oatmeal
    [IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/Dawkins4ever/Photo0143.jpg

Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Sauce, Veggie nuggets, Rissole Potatoes, Broccoli
    [IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/Dawkins4ever/Photo0144.jpg

Turkey, Cucumber, Tomato, Pickle, and mustard sandwich
    [IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/Dawkins4ever/Photo0146.jpg

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese (First time going to McDonalds in 2 years)
    [IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/Dawkins4ever/Photo0148.jpg

Macros Today: 135g protein/90g fat/186g carbs

Comments

Drove home from school today with a few friends, and got back at around 9:00.

Mental State

-Sean

Mannnnnnn, WCW PB&Co. is the BOMB! Im out right now kinda upsetting but i do have their Cinnamon Raisin which is a close second IMO...

Are those MorningStar Nuggets?? They look super thick! And is that a homemade sauce on the ravioli...?

Thats great that youre overcoming your fear of "dirty" foods man, not advocating mcdonalds every day but just a little something each day and before you know it youll lose the feeling that the world will stop spinning if you have a gram of trans/sat fat...trust me i remember it all too well. It does get better though man! And besdies that, im super jealous I never get a burger from McD's that looks THAT close to the picture!!!!! Lmao.

And yes, they did used to taste much, much better =P

Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000) Doraemonster is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is very inspirational. I must confess that I'm not 100% comfortable about eating, but I'm slowly trying to get back into sanity too. I'm in a much healthier state both mentally and physically.
    Also I like seeing other people make progress, so I'll be following this log. Good luck guys!

Originally Posted by The Big Sleep View Post

Eats are very legit Sean, whats in the WC Oatmeal? Melt some white chocolate in there? Looks good

Props to the fast food eats without having a nervous breakdown, thats something I couldnt overcome (yet) at least

Wheres Bejetah? Hope he's alright
    It's just regular oatmeal with White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter and Company. If you haven't heard of them, google it. You will not be disappointed!

Yeah I hope he just hasn't been posting logs because of lack of time and not something else..

Mannnnnnn, WCW PB&Co. is the BOMB! Im out right now kinda upsetting but i do have their Cinnamon Raisin which is a close second IMO...

Are those MorningStar Nuggets?? They look super thick! And is that a homemade sauce on the ravioli...?

Thats great that youre overcoming your fear of "dirty" foods man, not advocating mcdonalds every day but just a little something each day and before you know it youll lose the feeling that the world will stop spinning if you have a gram of trans/sat fat...trust me i remember it all too well. It does get better though man! And besdies that, im super jealous I never get a burger from McD's that looks THAT close to the picture!!!!! Lmao.

And yes, they did used to taste much, much better =P
    Both the ravioli and the nuggets were dining hall items . I can't understand why people at my school complain about the food, I find it delicious and varied. I guess they just prefer Taco Bell

Originally Posted by Doraemonster View Post
    This is very inspirational. I must confess that I'm not 100% comfortable about eating, but I'm slowly trying to get back into sanity too. I'm in a much healthier state both mentally and physically.
    Also I like seeing other people make progress, so I'll be following this log. Good luck guys!
    Thanks for following! Glad to have you
    I protest this fraud