Closed Thread
Page 186 of 268 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 8031
    bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000)
    The FORCE has been very strong in me this week.
    Ergo

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Medx leg press for $300!!!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/spo/3982398371.html

I had a friend tell me about this last year but I thought that he had bought it to trade for something else.
    Man that's a deal. 8 hour round trip drive for me though
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bigfeather View Post
    I'm in contact with the Nebula row guy in Florida. Offered him $400. He agree's, but said it's first come first serve on pick up. I'm working on his ability to be kind and hold it until I FedEx his check. He's not as professional as he could be. I have given him 3 references on recent purchases etc.... I hate when people play with me on something I sincerely want. I'll get it as I'm willing to grovel and appeal to his kind side lol.
    I'm supposed to drive down to South Florida in a few weeks. If you can't work something out and he still has it I'd be willing to pick it up for you. I live in North FL.

If anyone is interested I can obtain 2 older white Panatta machines for $300 each. I believe they have 180 lb steel stacks.

One is a bicep machine (can't find pics anywhere on google)

One is a delt machine that looks kinda like this one. Cable drive, no chain.

I'm waiting for my friend to send me actual pics. I don't have the space for them in my gym.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Medx leg press for $300!!!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/spo/3982398371.html

I had a friend tell me about this last year but I thought that he had bought it to trade for a Medx pullover.

These are $7000 new. It looks like this one is missing the cover shrouds but I think it looks cool that way. You can order replacement covers from Medx or Regeneration or you could easily make them yourself.

The same movement of the Avenger leg press.

The only Caveat I'd add is that the range of motion is significantly less than the Avenger version of the MedX Leg press. As a couple of us have noted, the somewhat limited range of motion even on the MedX Avenger can be an issue for some. With the mods, I managed to squeak out a couple more inches on the Avenger Leg press, so I'm fine with it now, although I wouldn't mind getting a couple more.

I just couldn't deal with the limited ROM of the selectorized version a shown. I.E I wouldn't want one for free. Just putting that out there because if you like range of motion, you would be best served by the Avenger version, and also best served if you have REGENERATION's adjustable boom added, but make sure your request a shorter length boom, and also they should move the adjustable vertical stop more distal, about 1.5-2 inches.

I could have gotten a couple more inches if they moved the adjustable vertical stop more distal, and then also cut a small groove in the frame with my dremel--just a small shallow groove. 2 more inches easily had. (all of this shown previously in the thread).
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Trying out some various lifting straps.

After trying tons of straps over the years and currently, my favorite are the Altus leather, they are the most comfortable pair of straps I have ever used.

they completely eliminate the need for the big wrist padding (like the Grizzly) because the material itself is so soft.

http://www.amazon.com/Altus-Athletic...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-16-2013 at 01:29 PM.

What are your top 3 weight belts? I would like a heavy duty one, but I would also like a comfortable belt as well, not necessarily heavy duty, but one that is thinner or more comfortable. My current belt just digs in too much, need something smaller with less height maybe.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-16-2013 at 12:38 PM.

bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000) bigfeather is just really nice. (+1000)
    What are your top 3 weight belts? I would like a heavy duty one, but I would also like a comfortable belt as well, not necessarily heavy duty, but one that is thinner or more comfortable. My current belt just digs in too much, need something smaller with less height maybe.

Eleiko I use mine in several video's Video on BodyMaster Shrug when I'm using a 10 pack for Romaimian Deads. Great belt.
    Ergo

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My current belt just digs in too much, need something smaller with less height maybe.
    Always felt that way until I got a best belts athlete belt. I have a short torso, and the stiff belts (used an inzer) dig into my ribs and iliac crests when squatting, so I thought I needed a narrower belt. The athlete belt uses soft leather and the sides are able to bend up on top of the ribs instead of digging into them. At the same time, it provides quite a bit of support for valsalva. Love the belt.

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I'm supposed to drive down to South Florida in a few weeks. If you can't work something out and he still has it I'd be willing to pick it up for you. I live in North FL.
    Thanks! I picked up 4 Fabulous King Fitness Selectorized pieces also at $400 a piece. They are a mint kneeling single legged hamstring curl. Mint seated biceps curl. Mint seated lateral raise and pec dec/ rear delt. I sent picks to Chris to post up as I can't yet. Also sent Chris the original Italian brochure on the Smith machine I purchased. I ask him to post it up and he will, if I know him. Very helpful friend.
    Ergo

Originally Posted by jackbravo View Post
    Always felt that way until I got a best belts athlete belt. I have a short torso, and the stiff belts (used an inzer) dig into my ribs and iliac crests when squatting, so I thought I needed a narrower belt. The athlete belt uses soft leather and the sides are able to bend up on top of the ribs instead of digging into them. At the same time, it provides quite a bit of support for valsalva. Love the belt.

They have a new 3" belt, that might be even better for what I'm looking for as a second (comfort/light belt). In fact it might be good to have a couple belts, the Athletic belt and the new 3".

==========

http://www.bestbelts.net/Powerliftin...Inch-Belt.aspx

The 3 Inch Powerlifting Belt
    Price: $82.00

One of our goals at Best Belts is to supply every lifter with a belt of excellent quality to support them in their training. After reading many emails and letters from lifters telling us their thoughts and concerns, we felt a need to develop a new belt to add to our line of tried and tested belts. The new belt needed to be less than 4 inches wide but not a tapered belt.We wanted to put the most leather in front of the belt as possible so there would be max support from this belt.

With the growing popularity of the snatch and clean and jerk, we needed a belt that would give support for these two lifts without causing pain while getting into position. The new belt needed to support the lifter while doing all of the new lifts that are now being done in gyms around the world. Strength training in general has exploded with the excellent book "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe. We needed a new belt that would support all of the new lifters entering the lifting world. Finally we just decided to reduce the width of our popular belt the Athlete to 3 inches. That turned out to be what we were looking for and the Best Belts 3 inch was born. Our attractive new belt will be the perfect touch for many lifting programs. We break in the leather on this belt so when your new belt arrives the belt will have that broke in feel. The belt comes in single prong only with a carefully selected, highest quality welded seam buckle. The 3 inch comes in any of our many colors.

Our goals on the 3 inch were:

Give pain free support while squatting
    Let the lifter get into the starting. position for all of the pulls off of the floor without pinching or pulling the lifter out of position while giving max support from the belt.
    Support the lifter while doing exercises like bent over rows or shrugs without brusing ribs or hips.
    Support the lifter while doing an athletic lift like the snatch.

Thanks! I picked up 4 Fabulous King Fitness Selectorized pieces also at $400 a piece. They are a mint kneeling single legged hamstring curl. Mint seated biceps curl. Mint seated lateral raise and pec dec/ rear delt. I sent picks to Chris to post up as I can't yet. Also sent Chris the original Italian brochure on the Smith machine I purchased. I ask him to post it up and he will, if I know him. Very helpful friend.

Need to downsize them and use a capture tool on the PDF file ones. When I get back I'll edit this and insert here.

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-17-2013 at 12:01 PM.

You guys ever seen these Panattas?

Thanks! I picked up 4 Fabulous King Fitness Selectorized pieces also at $400 a piece.
    Same guy right? Looks like he was shutting down his gym or something

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't think that we have talked about an Atlantis vertical leg press before. It looks pretty damn stout.

[]---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Thanks to a find by Gregg, posted earlier in this thread, and also the major help of Steve (5 Pounder).

Here is my latest acquisition:

New black pads are on the way from MedX. They still make brand new pads for Avenger machines. $91.00, not bad!
    Attached Images

Holy shat Chris! That there Row is a thing of beauty. Just awesome. Major, Major buy my friend. Your going to worship this machine as I do mine. There is no finer Row in America. The hair is standing up on my neck right now. This piece looks in Mint condition. I would have purchased that in a heart beat even though I own one. I would not pass another up. They are just that good. I bet you can't wait to fire this baby up. Your lucky and congratulations. Only a handful of us have these. Welcome to the club!
    Ergo

What's a good price for a used iso bench these days? I want to make an offer on one

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Obviously, depends on the condition of the press. Mint condition I would consider a fair asking price to be around $800 for a used Hammer Strength Chest Press (doesn't really matter if it's incline, decline, wide chest, etc.) Good/very good condition around $600. Fair condition, I would offer $300/$350.
    What's a good price for a used iso bench these days? I want to make an offer on one

Last edited by harrisg83; 08-17-2013 at 05:58 PM.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I paid $300 for mine, it's the wide grip model.

Attached Images
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks pretty close to mint. Great deal!
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post

Nice that's a sweet price.

Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    Obviously, depends on the condition of the press. Mint condition I would consider a fair asking price to be around $800 for a used Hammer Strength Chest Press (doesn't really matter if it's incline, decline, wide chest, etc.) Good/very good condition around $600. Fair condition, I would offer $300/$350.
    Harris is exactly right on the money call!
    Ergo

Some more pics of BIG FEATHERs latest scores:

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-18-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Also, anyone have any experience with the Sorinex SCORPION?

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 08-18-2013 at 02:15 PM.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Also, anyone have any experience with the Sorinex SCORPION?

No experience, but I would like to try it. In fact there are several pieces of sorinex that are now on my wish list.

As for the picture of the king kneeling leg curl, I think that it is actually a nebula.

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That Power Lift leg press looks impressive. No idea what it's like to actually use, but it LOOKS impressive.

Originally Posted by Maluket View Post
    That Power Lift leg press looks impressive. No idea what it's like to actually use, but it LOOKS impressive.
    That and the Elite FTS Mondo look huge... would like to see both side by side

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That and the Elite FTS Mondo look huge... would like to see both side by side
    They are impressive hunks of steel, but I don't see how they could be as smooth as the simple design of the Pendulum Seated Squat Pro.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

They are impressive hunks of steel, but I don't see how they could be as smooth as the simple design of the Pendulum Seated Squat Pro.

I would consider that a different type of leg press. I would always want one linear leg press in my gym. I would consider the Seated Squat Pro its own beast, with a strength curve (one that gets harder as you extend). It also has a unique motion path, almost pushing straight forward.

I would like to put some more time on the Seated Squat Pro. But I would want a linear leg press as well, its kind of bread and butter.

The Altantis 40 degree, The Elits FTS Mondo, The Nebula, and the Power Lift would probably my top 4 linear leg presses. Although it is quite possible the UCS linear leg press could surpass them all. Last I heard it was in production again.

Attached Images

Closed Thread
Page 186 of 268 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast