Closed Thread
Page 110 of 268 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 8031
    deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TLYNCH777 View Post
    I really like the incline you control the lateral motion and have the option to converge to hit deep in the inner chest or you can also push out and non converge.
    I think that I demoed the pulldown, the shoulder, and the seated row at Rae Crowther back in early July. IMO the pulldown was just ok. The shoulder was good but I didnt care for the "free lateral movement". That may be a feature that may just take some time getting used to on the shoulder. I could see how that would be nice on the chest machines. I didn't care for the row if I remember correctly. Not a fan of that design style although alot of companies are using it for their rows nowdays. I think those were the three pieces that were there. Hans had bought them from someone to study the designs so I guess they still offer them. The build quality on all three was excellent. My opinions were formed only a day after I had demoed the Avengers. The Avenger pulldown is better and the Avenger row is much better. The Avenger shoulder is good but not outstanding like the Avenger row, Avenger converging chest press, and Avenger leg press.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 11-17-2012 at 07:34 AM.

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    I think that I demoed the pulldown, the shoulder, and the seated row at Rae Crowther back in early July. IMO the pulldown was just ok. The shoulder was good but I didnt care for the "free lateral movement". That may be a feature that may just take some time getting used to on the shoulder. I didn't care for the row if I remember correctly. Not a fan of that design style although alot of companies are using it for their rows nowdays. I think those were the three pieces that were there. Hans had bought them from someone to study the designs so I guess they still offer them. The build quality on all three was excellent. My opinions were formed only a day after I had demoed the Avengers. The Avenger pulldown is better and the Avenger row is much better.
    Gregg the Avengers are truly in a league of there own. The amount of steel and quality parts and material that was put into those machines they should cost $5000- $8000 per machine easy. I believe after regeneration makes a couple more runs of the avengers you will see the cost go up. There is just no way with the amount of labor and material that goes into making those advengers that quality there can be a lot of money made on them. If I ever get a converging chest press or a pendulum shoulder incline I will have to part with the nebula Ida incline. The one I have is actually the same exact machine with the yellow pads in the websight. I just brought it back to life got new pads , new decals, pop pins, grips , new bearings, and made custom stainless steel weight horns.
    The free form movement takes a bit of getting use to in the beginning most people are all over the place. As u get more advanced and get a good feel for the movement it's a great feature to have. I feel you can target the working muscle better and you recruit more muscle fiber stabalizing the weight. They are like using free weights but having the Saftey of a machine. The majority of plate loaded machines your in a fixed position and there is not much variety. What's nice about the nebula Ida machines is that everyone's body is a bit different and the free floating arms adjust To the user. It is a very diffent feel ..cybex attempted to do somthing like it but the nebula is much heavier steel with more adjustability.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

\YORK/ \BARBELL CLUB/ #23

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gregg the Avengers are truly in a league of there own. The amount of steel and quality parts and material that was put into those machines they should cost $5000- $8000 per machine easy. I believe after regeneration makes a couple more runs of the avengers you will see the cost go up. There is just no way with the amount of labor and material that goes into making those advengers that quality there can be a lot of money made on them. If I ever get a converging chest press or a pendulum shoulder incline I will have to part with the nebula Ida incline. The one I have is actually the same exact machine with the yellow pads in the websight. I just brought it back to life got new pads , new decals, pop pins, grips , new bearings, and made custom stainless steel weight horns.
    The free form movement takes a bit of getting use to in the beginning most people are all over the place. As u get more advanced and get a good feel for the movement it's a great feature to have. I feel you can target the working muscle better and you recruit more muscle fiber stabalizing the weight. They are like using free weights but having the Saftey of a machine. The majority of plate loaded machines your in a fixed position and there is not much variety. What's nice about the nebula Ida machines is that everyone's body is a bit different and the free floating arms adjust To the user. It is a very diffent feel ..cybex attempted to do somthing like it but the nebula is much heavier steel with more adjustability.
    I really kind of like the "free form" or "user defined" movements in machines. You mentioned Cybex and they offer that with some of their machines in the Eagle selectorized line where the user has the option of the machine defined pattern of motion or user defined motion (Dual Axis Technology they call it). They had that feature with their plate loaded advanced pull down, but when they redesigned their plate loaded line they went with a pull down machine with independent arms but with a defined motion.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I really like the incline you control the lateral motion and have the option to converge to hit deep in the inner chest or you can also push out and non converge. They have both the seat and back pad adjustments . The Ida vertical chest press is one of the best I have ever used. Both the Ida chest presses are A+. The last one that was made Tom made it with a 3 setting pop pin adjustment for different widths options. With that last one made you also had the option of setting the pop pin disengaged so the arms are free like the originals. I also like the shoulder press ... and the leg press was Tom Eilermans favorite pieces he designed. I was not a fan of the Ida low row with the swivel handles it had a good idea behind it but i just dis not like it. I have never had the opportunity to use the the Ida rower , jammer , or pulldown none where made at the time I was a rep for Nebula. Here is a photo of my Ida incline this machine has transformed my upper chest the past two years.

That is a bad ass Vertical chest. Would have loved to try that last design. I hope ROGUE can hire TOM E in some form or fashion so he can make machines like the IDA again. Rogue needs Tome E to make the Nebula Line like it was... and to continue to improve Nebula. Really hope they get together and work something out.

I really did not like any of the Cybex Eagle pieces except for the rotary torso and Abd/Adductor, but the Strive versions were superior to those pieces. There is a gym in the east bay that has the entire line of Eagle.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-17-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    TLYNCH777, wanna sell that great looking Nebula Olympic bar holder in the pictures of the incline press?

Love the way that incline press looks, but because they are so rare I'll probably settle for a Hammer Incline. Still would love to try the Nebula Bent Row Bench, IDA row, and IDA Low Row, just to see how they feel. Heck, I would just buy one of the Nebula Bent Row Benches if it had the original bar...
    Let's add that to the list, a smith machine and a bent over row bench. Those are two peices I'd really like to have. (And the Olympic bar holder too, LOL).

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    That is a bad ass Vertical chest. Would have loved to try that last design. I hope ROGUE can hire TOM E in some form or fashion so he can make machines like the IDA again. Rogue needs Tome E to make the Nebula Line like it was... and to continue to improve Nebula. Really hope they get together and work something out.

I really did not like any of the Cybex Eagle pieces except for the rotary torso and Abd/Adductor, but the Strive versions were superior to those pieces. There is a gym in the east bay that has the entire line of Eagle.
    Disagree with you on the Cybex Eagle line. I particularly like the Lat pulldown for the reason I stated above with the user defined motion feature. As for the Strive versus the Cybex, that is a matter of opinion.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As for the Strive versus the Cybex, that is a matter of opinion.
    Are you talking about Strive vs Cybex in general? Or are you talking about Strive Abductor/Adductor vs Eagle Abductor/Adductor Are you talking about Strive rotary torso vs Eagle Rotary torso?

I wanted to like the Eagle tricep... but it is nowhere near as good as the Cybex VR3 tricep (heavy stack) (arm extension) in my opinion.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-18-2012 at 10:10 AM.

I'm considering selling 3 items to make room for 10 more coming over the next 3 months, all of which are in same as new condition, and in this thread when I first bought them brand new. I would be willing to sell them for 50-60% off and it would be like receiving brand new units. All units are white frame and black pads:

Hammer Strength Pullover. (Includes Pad spacer mods as shown, and original bolts so you can remove and replace the pads and try original vs with pad spacers).

Hammer Strength Super Incline (includes pad spacer mods and original bolts to try both settings).

Legend Reverse Hyper Ultra (unused and identical to new).

Looks like the Pullover and Reverse Hyper were snapped up quickly. That leaves the Hammer Super Incline. I took a picture of it again just now. I need to make room for 10-11 new pieces: 6-7 Atlantis, Reflex/Sorinex Donkey), Legend inverse leg curl, and possibly 2 more machines.

Shipping can be via Dave Goalder for $400 which guarantees no scratches and inside delivery as well. Certainly local pick up can be done as well.

Attached Images

Looks like a few people in this thread are getting the Pendulum 5 way necks. Look forward to hear about it.

Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-18-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Are you talking about Strive vs Cybex in general? Or are you talking about Strive Abductor/Adductor vs Eagle Abductor/Adductor Are you talking about Strive rotary torso vs Eagle Rotary torso?

I wanted to like the Eagle tricep... but it is nowhere near as good as the Cybex VR3 tricep (heavy stack) (arm extension) in my opinion.
    Talking about the Strive selectorized line versus the Cybex Eagle line. I have not used the abductor/ adductor, on any machine for that matter, so I have no opinion concerning those pieces. But, to answer your general question, I like the Eagle line, particularly the lat pulldown, chest press and leg press. I like the fact that on some of the Eagle pieces you have that free floating, user defined, whatever your term that you want to use on the machines. Secondly you have the independent arm movements, which is not found on to many selectorized machines and finally the back pad adjustments allow you to get into a good starting position (obviously a feature on many selectorized machines). I prefer that feature in contrast to the foot plate that is used to get into your proper (prestretch) position found on some machines. Finally, with the Leg press, I like that the carriage moves when performing the pressing movement. This allows the lifter to perform more plyometric movements on this machine if he or she wants to. So, in my opinion, I think the the Eagle line is in general superior to the Strive line.

Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Talking about the Strive selectorized line versus the Cybex Eagle line.
    I don't know how many times people have to tell you. We do not talk about lines of equipment here: we talk about individual machines.

So, in my opinion, I think the the Eagle line is in general superior to the Strive line.
    It is worthless to talk about lines of equipment. We do not purchase lines of equipment, we purchase individual machines. I think just about everyone here would disagree with the majority of your opinions so far in this thread. You seem to only talk postively about Cybex, Power-Lift, and Legend. I seriously suspect your true intentions here.
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-18-2012 at 01:04 PM.

I don't know how many times people have to tell you. We do not talk about lines of equipment here: we talk about individual machines.

It is worthless to talk about lines of equipment. We do not purchase lines of equipment, we purchase individual machines. I think just about everyone here would disagree with the majority of your opinions so far in this thread. You seem to only talk postively about Cybex, Power-Lift, and Legend. I seriously suspect your true intentions here.
    No, you are completely off base. You stated you did not like almost anything in the Cybex Eagle Line and I pointed out that I did like certain pieces. But, obviously, you have not paid attention to what I have been saying throughout this forum. I think in the past I have spoken well of certain Hammer Strength equipment as well as being a big fan of the Nebula Leg Press, which I have used numerous times in the past. I have said that the Troy TSD-R rubber dumbbells are a great dumbbell for the money (which you have). I have gone on record as saying that Ivanko makes great equipment, but you are paying a good bit for the name. And before you go on and say something about that I do own Ivanko pro style dumbbells. I am a big fan of the Hampton HOGS, in fact I have that (the rubber HOGS) as my only plates. That said, despite the price, I will eventually pick up the revolvers.

I have the Pendlay bars as well as the Hampton trap bar, which along with the York trap bar is the best trap bar out there. I currently have a LF T7 treadmill which I am very happy with. The best ellipitical in my opinion is from Precor, mainly due to the cross-ramp technology they use. I believe I brought up the Woodway Curve as a great sports specific treadmill. The best plyo box comes from UCS. They are pricey though and for that reason I would go with the MDUSA soft plyos. Etc, Etc, Etc.

No, I do not work for any company. I do work with the federal government and a couple of times it has fallen to me to purchase a good bit of equipment to outfit our gyms. I have used my colleagues advise in determining what to purchase. AND, just because you like something or you DON'T does not make it necessarily so. Your opinion is just like everyone elses and is not anymore important despite what you may think.
    Last edited by Skyaura; 11-18-2012 at 04:57 PM.

No, you are completely off base. You stated you did not like almost anything in the Cybex Eagle Line and I pointed out that I did like certain pieces. But, obviously, you have not paid attention to what I have been saying throughout this forum. I think in the past I have spoken well of certain Hammer Strength equipment as well as being a big fan of the Nebula Leg Press, which I have used numerous times in the past. I have said that the Troy TSD-R rubber dumbbells are a great dumbbell for the money (which you have. I have gone on record as saying that Ivanko makes great equipment, but you are paying a good bit for the name. And before you go on and say something about that I do own Ivanko pro style dumbbells. I am a big fan of the Hampton HOGS, in fact I have that (the rubber HOGS) as my only plates. That said, despite the price, I will eventually pick up the revolvers.

I have the Pendlay bars as well as the Hampton trap bar, which along with the York trap bar is the best trap bar out there. I currently have a LF T7 treadmill which I am very happy with. The best ellipitical in my opinion is from Precor, mainly due to the cross-ramp technology they use. I believe I brought up the Woodway Curve as a great sports specific treadmill. The best plyo box comes from UCS. They are pricey though and for that reason I would go with the MDUSA soft plyos.
    This is actually a good post. Much improved, thank-you.

Your opinion is just like everyone else's and is not anymore important despite what you may think.

I don't think my opinion is more important than anyone else's opinion as long as they base it on experience and true passion for the equipment. Also, the opinion should be based on an individual machine vs another individual machine. I think you need to take a good look at the posts you have made. I also think you need to explore more brands and experience more strength equipment. I simply do not think you have experienced or spent enough time on many of the machines that are being talked about here. The posts you made about the power-Lift racks were based on Market share. I was speaking to Power-Lift about their new racks last week and how they acknowledged they need to make a change due to the market demand for 1.5-2 inch spacing. Sorinex was a good example of how fast things changed. Power-Lift was losing contracts at light-speed do to the Sorinex success and offering 2 inch spacing. The guy at power lift thinks they can get their holes spacing down to 1.75" In any case, I think you need to experience more individual machines from a wider variety of companies.

By the way, in addition to the Power-Lift adjustable plyo boxes here are the UCS plyo boxes which should be on the cost no object list as well (as mentioned above):

http://www.ucsspirit.com/strength-sp...lite-Plyoboxes

The MDUSA soft plyo boxes should be 'runner-up'

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/Soft-...xes_c_351.html

and we have already seen the adjustable Power-Lift Plyboxes which are already on the list.

is great with the beveled edges and adjustability. Probably the best 'hard' plyo box, at least in terms of adjustable single plyo boxes.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-18-2012 at 03:14 PM.

This is actually a good post. Much improved, thank-you.

I don't think my opinion is more important than anyone else's opinion as long as they base it on experience and true passion for the equipment. Also, the opinion should be based on an individual machine vs another individual machine. I think you need to take a good look at the posts you have made. I also think you need to explore more brands and experience more strength equipment. I simply do not think you have experienced or spent enough time on many of the machines that are being talked about here. The posts you made about the power-Lift racks were based on Market share. I was speaking to Power-Lift about their new racks last week and how they acknowledged they need to make a change due to the market demand for 1.5-2 inch spacing. Sorinex was a good example of how fast things changed. Power-Lift was losing contracts at light-speed do to the Sorinex success and offering 2 inch spacing. The guy at power lift thinks they can get their holes spacing down to 1.75" In any case, I think you need to experience more individual machines from a wider variety of companies.

By the way, in addition to the Power-Lift adjustable plyo boxes here are the UCS plyo boxes which should be on the cost no object list as well (as mentioned above):

http://www.ucsspirit.com/strength-sp...lite-Plyoboxes

The MDUSA soft plyo boxes should be 'runner-up'

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/Soft-...xes_c_351.html

and we have already seen the adjustable Power-Lift Plyboxes which are already on the list.

is great with the beveled edges and adjustability. Probably the best 'hard' plyo box, at least in terms of adjustable single plyo boxes.
    Actually, I have been on much more equipment than you probably realize, mainly because of my travels domestically and internationally. I have used everything from Hoist, Matrix and Star Trac to manufacturers that are no longer in existence, or were bought out such as Body Masters and Wynmor. For example, my opinion of most of the Hoist ROC-IT line is that it is somewhat "gimmicky" although, I do like the Hack Squat/ Deadlift piece. Of course I have gone on record as saying that I am not a big fan of the MedX selectorized line. A colleague of mine called it an expensive mistake. I have not used the Avenger line, which appears to be very well liked on these forums.

Also, realize that when I have searched out pieces of equipment for our agency (not my main duty was just assigned to me due to the section I was in), I had to deal with the agencies and GSA rules. So, when given a certain budget, I have to find the best bang for the buck. Legend, LF/HS, Cybex, Iron Grip, Troy, MDUSA/ Pendlay and Tuff Stuff, to name a few are some of the manufacturers that I have dealt with. I know I have bought a post landmine from Rogue. I have sometimes gone through Iron Company or G-Tech Fitness because it was cheaper to go that route than straight through the manufacturers. Some items are cheaper on the open market than purchasing them through GSA. I have a bit of experience with these manufacturers. But, I have relied on my colleagues to help out and get their opinions.

I noticed Power-Lift offers a new rack (RS2) with 2 inch spacing. I know EFS has come out with a new rack (Signature) that has 3 inch spacing but they address that by offering two sets of J-Cups that are off-set that essentially means the adjustments are really 1.5 inches. There is a lot of good stuff out there.

Of course I have gone on record as saying that I am not a big fan of the MedX selectorized line. A colleague of mine called it an expensive mistake. I have not used the Avenger line, which appears to be very well liked on these forums.

Again, what was talked about here were specific pieces in those lines. Certain pieces of the Avenger line people liked, certain pieces others didn't like. We had some differing opinions on which of those pieces were excellent, which were avg, and which we did not like. The Leg press seems to be unanimous in terms of which people liked best. The Chest and Row seems to be the next most popular pieces. The rest of the line has varying opinions. Then next we talk about the Selectorized MedX line. I think a lot of us are still trying to gain some experience with the selectorized line. Again, it makes no sense to talk positive or negative about the selectorized MedX line, only about each individual piece. Harris really likes the MedX arm extension. Some people really like the Selectorized chest. Nobody here is looking to buy an entire line of equipment, and it simply will never make sense to talk about an entire line of equipment. I could care less if 12 of 13 machines were garbage in a line, if one of them is a gem, that's what needs talked about.

Again, what was talked about here were specific pieces in those lines. Certain pieces of the Avenger line people liked, certain pieces others didn't like. We had some differing opinions on which of those pieces were excellent, which were avg, and which we did not like. The Leg press seems to be unanimous in terms of which people liked best. The Chest and Row seems to be the next most popular pieces. The rest of the line has varying opinions. Then next we talk about the Selectorized MedX line. I think a lot of us are still trying to gain some experience with the selectorized line. Again, it makes no sense to talk positive or negative about the selectorized MedX line, only about each individual piece. Harris really likes the MedX arm extension. Some people really like the Selectorized chest. Nobody here is looking to buy an entire line of equipment, and it simply will never make sense to talk about an entire line of equipment. I could care less if 12 of 13 machines were garbage in a line, if one of them is a gem, that's what needs talked about.
    Well, if you want individual pieces of the MedX line, the Chest Press, Overhead Press, Lateral Raise, Leg Extension and Seated Leg Curl were some of the pieces we got rid of because they were not particularly liked for a variety of reasons. I could not speak of the Arm Extension because we did not have that piece of equipment. The only piece out of the selectorized line of MedX equipment that was worth a damn (That we had) was the Leg Press. That was a pretty good piece, although there are other leg presses just as good. It possibly could fall in a runner-up category, but I would have to think about it.

But, you spoke about the Eagle line in general yourself and stated you did not like anything in it except the rotary torso and ab/ad machines. I just generally stated that I believed that the Cybex Eagle line is better than you give it credit for and mentioned specific pieces such as the Chest Press, Lat Pulldown and Leg Press and gave you my reasons for why I liked them. The mentioning of the various lines was a response to you saying that I needed to experience a wider range of machines from a variety of companies. That is why I listed those companies. And you in the past have spoken in general that you needed to try the LeverEdge plate loaded line of machines and that you thought that the Cybex plate loaded line was nothing special or average (something along those lines) with few exceptions (I believe the Squat Press and Kneeling Leg Curl) being those exeptions.

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The MedX leg extension is extremely nice and so is the seated leg curl. If we decided to pick the best of the best seated leg curls (and I've had the chance to try many), I would choose the MedX version. I do own a MedX lateral raise and have to admit, it's fine, just overpriced (definitely not the best of the best in my opinion).
    Well, if you want individual pieces of the MedX line, the Chest Press, Overhead Press, Lateral Raise, Leg Extension and Seated Leg Curl were some of the pieces we got rid of because they were not particularly liked for a variety of reasons. I could not speak of the Arm Extension because we did not have that piece of equipment. The only piece out of the selectorized line of MedX equipment that was worth a damn (That we had) was the Leg Press. That was a pretty good piece, although there are other leg presses just as good. It possibly could fall in a runner-up category, but I would have to think about it.

But, you spoke about the Eagle line in general yourself and stated you did not like anything in it except the rotary torso and ab/ad machines. I just generally stated that I believed that the Cybex Eagle line is better than you give it credit for and mentioned specific pieces such as the Chest Press, Lat Pulldown and Leg Press and gave you my reasons for why I liked them. The mentioning of the various lines was a response to you saying that I needed to experience a wider range of machines from a variety of companies. That is why I listed those companies. And you in the past have spoken in general that you needed to try the LeverEdge plate loaded line of machines and that you thought that the Cybex plate loaded line was nothing special or average (something along those lines) with few exceptions (I believe the Squat Press and Kneeling Leg Curl) being those exeptions.

But, you spoke about the Eagle line in general yourself and stated you did not like anything in it except the rotary torso and ab/ad machines.
    Not only that, I felt those 2 pieces were second compared to the Strive units (distant second). But you would have to demo the complete line of Strive to have that opinion. Secondly, you seem not to have demoed any Atlantis pieces. You also need to spend some time with the pendulum line.

That is why I listed those companies.
    You really need to experience all of the individual machines from Strive, Pendulum, and Atlantis Fitness. Those companies combined are filling up a lot of the cost no object list for a reason.

Yes, I tried the complete line of Eagle because Cybex touts it as the best. Some Cybex pieces made it on to the cost no object list, but nome of them EAGLE. Nobody here has nominated a single piece of EAGLE equipment to the cost no object line.

you needed to try the LeverEdge plate loaded line of machines and that you thought that the Cybex plate loaded line was nothing special or average (something along those lines) with few exceptions (I believe the Squat Press and Kneeling Leg Curl) being those exeptions.

I try individual machines and rate them accordingly. The Leveredge from Legend is new, and quite frankly is not very motivational in terms of 'chances that one or more of those pieces will be 'best of the best' caliber. I do want to try the Leveredge line for completeness. But it sounds like what really needs to be done here is for you to spend some time with Strive pieces, Atlantis Fitness pieces, Nebula pieces, Pendulum pieces, or whatever other companies you need to learn more about.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    The MedX leg extension is extremely nice and so is the seated leg curl. If we decided to pick the best of the best seated leg curls (and I've had the chance to try many), I would choose the MedX version.
    These two pieces interest me the most of the Medx selectorized. I have heard and read that they are both excellent. Actually, I don't have a leg curl yet. I am just trying to demo and decide what fits me best. I want a seated version and probably want a weight stack version. I might get a matching leg extension if I find a duo that I like. The Nautilus One LE and SLC are also an option but will be hard to find used at this time. Just missed out on a Nautilus One seated leg curl last week because I have so much going on right now. My favorite seated leg curl and leg extension duo that I have demoed so far is the Bodymasters MD series. In the end, I may end up getting those two pieces remanufactured...... I am looking forward to hearing about the Medx tricep review.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 11-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Not only that, I felt those 2 pieces were second compared to the Strive units (distant second). But you would have to demo the complete line of Strive to have that opinion. Secondly, you seem not to have demoed any Atlantis pieces. You also need to spend some time with the pendulum line.

You really need to experience all of the individual machines from Strive, Pendulum, and Atlantis Fitness. Those companies combined are filling up a lot of the cost no object list for a reason.

Yes, I tried the complete line of Eagle because Cybex touts it as the best. Some Cybex pieces made it on to the cost no object list, but nome of them EAGLE. Nobody here has nominated a single piece of EAGLE equipment to the cost no object line.

I try individual machines and rate them accordingly. The Leveredge from Legend is new, and quite frankly is not very motivational in terms of 'chances that one or more of those pieces will be 'best of the best' caliber. I do want to try the Leveredge line for completeness. But it sounds like what really needs to be done here is for you to spend some time with Strive pieces, Atlantis Fitness pieces, Nebula pieces, Pendulum pieces, or whatever other companies you need to learn more about.
    Actually, I have used a good bit of the Atlantis plate loaded equipment, the last time when I was on assignment in Greensboro, NC during the summer. Good equipment and I would not mind having some of their equipment, but there was nothing that wowed me. If I remember correctly it was at a Rush Fitness. This is where I also got to try out the ROC-It selectorized line. As for the Rogers line, I have never used any of those pieces, but they seem well regarded. As far as the Nebula pieces, I have used them a good bit in the past. I did mention that the Leg Press is a hell of a machine and should be listed on here. Today I brought up the UCS soft plyo and MDUSA soft plyo. It really has to really stand out for me to mention a piece or that it is a piece that offers a lot for a great price (Pendlay Elite Bumpers and Bars as well as the Troy TSD-R dumbbells would go in this category). A piece of equipment that really is awesome is the Eleiko competition bar. That is a great piece. But most equipment, in general, reminds of the midsize car market. Lot of good stuff out there, but not much that absolutely floors me.

Just because I have not mentioned a certain company does not mean that I have not used their equipment. A company that I have not brought up but I have used is Keiser. One that should be be considered is the Air 300 Squat. Another company with interesting equipment is Cormax. You can find their equipment here: http://cormax.us/cormax-advantage/

Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    The MedX leg extension is extremely nice and so is the seated leg curl. If we decided to pick the best of the best seated leg curls (and I've had the chance to try many), I would choose the MedX version. I do own a MedX lateral raise and have to admit, it's fine, just overpriced (definitely not the best of the best in my opinion).
    Obviously, I have a difference of opinion on the MedX stuff and in particular the leg extension. I thought it was telling that many of the guys who liked to use the machines went over to one of the Naval gyms that had Nautilus machines (really like the Compound Row) and used their stuff. I know that when we were overhauling the gym it was asked what were the things that they would like to see happen. Get new machines, order a range of kettlbells, replace the dumbells, get a power rack and order some more cardio equipment. The MedX stuff that was moved out was not missed.

But, as far as you liking the MedX leg extension and leg curl, I certainly respect your opinion.

TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TLYNCH777 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Swing Squat

I spoke with Randy Coyle of Atlantis out of New Jersey. I am a big fan of his swing squat and plan on making that a future purchase. They are built custom in about 6 weeks. He uses the best material available lots of polished stainless steal and it's worth every penny. About $4000. He does not make to many of them not many people know about them both paramount and Atlantis Canada tried to copy the design but his original Atlantis swing squat if far superior.
    Faith is Like a Muscle... It Must be Trained to Grow Strong. Repeated Experiences of Having to Trust what we Can Not See & Repeated Experience of Learning to Trust in GOD that Things Will Work Out, are what Makes Our Faith Muscles Grow Strong

"Bodybuilding is not just about Physical Training with weights to change how you look. Its also about Mind, Spirit & Body, together in union so that everything grows, not just your muscles."
    -Serge Nubret

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how much is that powerlift adjustable box? the one that goes up to 5 ft high. those foam stackable plyos are so tempting but E X P E N S I V E

I spoke with Randy Coyle of Atlantis out of New Jersey. I am a big fan of his swing squat and plan on making that a future purchase. They are built custom in about 6 weeks. He uses the best material available lots of polished stainless steal and it's worth every penny. About $4000. He does not make to many of them not many people know about them both paramount and Atlantis Canada tried to copy the design but his original Atlantis swing squat if far superior.

I rememeber seeing the Paramount back in the 80's I think... It was around for a while. So the Randy Coyle Swing Squat came out first? The Swing Squat does look very unique and very impressive. Would love to try it. Let me see...

Pendulum Power Squat Pro
    Pendulum Hip Press
    Atlantis Pivot press
    Atlantis power squat.
    Avenger Leg press
    Atlantis 40 degree leg press

If I were to get that, I would have 7 leg presses. If it really is that good, maybe it could take the place of the Atlatntis power squat, although those are bread and butter type of machines I'd hate to get rid of... we just need to get 2500 sq foot room soon...

Originally Posted by jshpark View Post
    how much is that powerlift adjustable box? the one that goes up to 5 ft high.

already posted already on p108:

Here was my quote on the Power-Lift Plyo box:

$799.00

Discount -$64.00

Frt Freight (crate and freight no install) $200.00

Subtotal: $935.00

Sales Tax: 60.63

Grand Total: $995.63

If you guys have any opinions on the Standard vs Extra Large size, let me know.

All three sizes are the same price.

I never got any feedback on my question now that this is brought up again...

Swing squat video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DMB...e_gdata_player

Yes his came out first if I heard him correctly at one time he had a lawsuit against paramount .

-Serge Nubret

http://www.power-lift.com/plyoboxes-main.htm

ADJUSTABLE WOOD PLYO BOXES
    Small 21.5" to 31.5"
    Standard: 31" to 45"
    Extra Large: 36" to 60"
    Each Box adjust in 6 positions
    Commercial Grade Surface
    Made using premium solid red oak
    Custom Logo available

The price is the same whether you get SMALL, STANDARD, or EXTRA LARGE. Given that they are the same price, which one would you get?

I really wanted to get the Extra large, given that the price is the same. However, the minimum height is 36" vs the minimum height of 31" of the standard. The only problem with the extra large is that the lowest you can go is 36" ... however, you get an additional 15" of height. So the question is whether or not the minimum of 36" is doable. The minimum of the Standard is only 5" less, but is that significant?
    Any thoughts on which one you would get since they are the same price?

Standard 31" to 45"

or

Extra Large 36" to 60" ?

The only NEGATIVE to the Extra Large box is that the minimum is 36" , I'm just not sure if that is a big deal or not...

Thanks for posting the video. Certainly looks impressive. RPARK might have tried that, I forget what he said. I'm also looking forward to hear about his Weside Barbell visit.

I finally went over to check out the Nautilus/Medfit manufacturing plant about 90 miles from my home in Independence, Va. They usually don't just let people walk in off of the street but they realized that I might be a legitimate buyer and allowed me access. Medfit has a large area that they have made into an employee gym that also serves as their showroom. The gym had the majority of pieces offered in the Nautilus catalog. I have alot more pictures available so if someone wants to see a particular piece, I can post it up if it was there.This is the gem of the One line. The best seated curl that I have ever used. The design of the One series uses no weight stack rods, thus no friction. I think this piece has a few more technological advances than the Medx selectorized. I will see if it is superior when I demo the Medx. This is definately a "best of the best" caliber seated leg curl.This is probably the best leg extension that I have ever used. Again "best of the best" caliber. This is a really good ab machine for crunch style as it brings the legs up as it crunches.This machine has the same feel as all of the other Nautilus lateral raises as you face away from the machine. What makes this piece cool is the rounded pads that allow for a upright fly or shoulder fly.This is a really nice pec dec as you can use the handles or you can just use the rounded pads for two different styles of fly.To me, this was my most pleasant find of the demo. Nautilus makes some really sweet cable columns. Very smooth and well thought out. The ones pictured are in a functional trainer position but they make a slightly different free standing model that I would place in a opposing (crossover) position. These come standard with the dual pulleys. The best cable columns that I have used. Nautilus also makes the Freedom Trainer which is also nice but I would rather have what is pictured above or their cable crossover or just two freestanding cable columns .....IMO these are the best pieces that Nautilus currently makes. If anyone wants to discuss some of the others, I will be happy to give my opinions of what I saw....The Nautilus standard flat, upright, 0-90, and decline benches were also very nice but I didn't get any pictures of those.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 11-20-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Great post. I look forward to talking about some of the machines. I do not recall the exact Nautilus One pieces I demoed at 24 Hour Fitness San Jose Super Sport. I was not impressed with the ab machine. I thought the range of motion was much better with the Hammer Ab Crunch. You seem to be highest on the leg extention and leg curl. I do not recall my exact demo of each individual piece other than I thought the weight stacks were insufficient, and that there were no Nautilus One pieces that struck me as worthy. Now that being said, I do not think San Jose 24 Hour Fitnes Super Sport had the Leg curl and leg extension. The San Jose 24 hour fitness Super Sport had at least 8 of the Nautilus one machines. Certainly, the ab demo stands out because everyone is so high on the original Nautilus ab crunch machine. The Nautilus One Ab Crunch was nowhere near the original and nowhere near as good as the Hammer Strength Ab crunch in my opinion.

I have a pic in this thread somewhere of which Nautilus One machines I demoed. I'm curious to find it. In any case, you select the weight by turning a knob. Bottom line is that I had to put the stack on every machine and even then was often nowhere near enough. That being said, I'm now curious to see which models I demoed and which I did not. Hmmmm I just called the San Jose Super Sport and they say they have the leg ext and leg curl there...

These are the only pics I can find when I demoed them:

I did not have a good opinion on any of them, but I'll be sure to give them a 3rd try...

Could you summarize which pieces you liked? Do you have any pics of the individual cable columns, they seemed to be what you liked best.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 11-20-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 110 of 268 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast