Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This....

Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Loquitaa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, solid points in this article. It annoys the **** out of me when people are on their phone. It takes a lot of willpower for me not to go up to them and say excuse me , but get the fk off that machine as you are not doing it any justice

SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10) SikiiD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yawning. And guys without headphones(you really need that).

edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    people that give the 'fight me' look when you ask them about something or just walking around with the tough guy mentality.

we're here to work out not to fight chill the **** out with your macho **** lol
    Get the body YOU want,not the body others tell you to have...

Live your life how you want it, but make sure you live happy.

Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Majoration has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    People that go to the gym with noodle arms that wear cut offs and just socialize. Go ahead and wear a cutoff if you're working out, but don't just stand there and annoy others by trying to talk to them.

Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    This....

WHATTTTT. That is hilarious

Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pumpsicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by edge131 View Post
    people that give the 'fight me' look when you ask them about something or just walking around with the tough guy mentality.

we're here to work out not to fight chill the **** out with your macho **** lol
    Repped. This x 1000

maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50) maggiesfarm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get annoyed when people curl (or whatever weird made up **** they're doing) in front of the ez-bar rack, or DL in front of the one squat rack. But nothing in the weight room is bad compared to the rush hour crew on the circuit machines.

Last night at the end of my leg day I went to use the seated leg curl and extension. No particular order, just whichever one was free first. Both were taken by two young girls who were just sitting in them and occasionally doing a rep but mostly sitting and chatting. Lotsa makeup, big fancy purses on the floor. Walked away, did some planks, checked again. Killed some more time, checked again. Finally asked one how many sets she had had left. She just stares at me. I repeated myself. The response:

"Sets?"

Best bad advice I got was when I was squatting and a dude told me I should have the bar on my neck. I said it felt better on my traps and he suggested that I use a bar pad.
    Last edited by maggiesfarm; 02-26-2014 at 03:15 PM.

DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't believe the picture of the guy drying his A$$ with the hand dryer. That takes some balls. ROFLMAO

This list covered my biggest gripes. From texting, which hogs the machines, to not wiping down the equipment!!!
    01/02/2019 Starting weight: 221.5 lbs

11/01/2019 Weight: 161.4 lbs. Lost 60.1 lbs

03/06/2020 Weight: 151.2 lbs. Lost 70.3 lbs

Goal Weight: 136.5 lbs

pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pulpNi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hahaha

clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I definately agree with gym etiquette, but alot of your reasons that were posted must just be out of pure attempt at humor and are not legit problems. Grunting is fine (unless you workout at Planet Fitness), using your cell phone is fine as long as your NOT slowing down the flow of things, mirin yourself can work as great motivation, and I've seen plenty of girls who like when guys talk to them in the gym. A true alpha male would not be bothered by majority of the things you have mentioned. I don't see why a gym "noob" would bother you to this extent. One thing that is worst than a so call "Gym noob" is a Gym Hipster.
    Cutting is simple!

clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=CBRob;1199081151]This....

In regards to that picture you posted with the dude using the hand dryer

Haha. I see weird **** like this all the time. I saw one dude using a hair dryer to dry off his balls. He was getting all up in there. It's like DUDE, other people use this bro. I'm really not fond of putting that hair dryer this close to my face after seeing where it's been. lol @ people sometimes
    Cutting is simple!

Dreamchasers Anonymous loseitall90210's Avatar
    loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cbrob View Post
    this....
    holy ****!
    March 1st -June 1st Weight Loss:
    3-2: 226 | 3-9:223 | 3-16: 219 | 3-23: 215.5 | 3-30: 215 | Month Total: 11 POUNDS
    4-6: 212 | 4-13: 211 | 4-20: 208 | 4-27: 203.5 | Month Total: 8.5 POUNDS
    5-4: 200.5 | 5-11: xxx | 5-18: xxx | 5-25: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 6-1: xxx

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

“Great minds have purposes; little minds have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; great minds rise above them.”

iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iDrinkShakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Love this thread.

aaronhowellsPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronhowellsPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you remember the first time you went to the gym? The clanging of iron, surrounded by monster men and all those dumbbells looking up at you - it would be intimidating for anyone...if I didn't have anyone to go with in the early days I probably wouldn't have stuck with it.

Maybe I'm soft but I say take it easy on the new guys - gym is a lifestyle and it takes a bit of getting used to

Mr Nice Guy
    www.aaronhowells.blogspot.com - Your Personal Trainer
    Bodybuilding, Step by Step Workouts, Muscle Meal Plans...more!

Today's Pain is Tomorrow's Strength

Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oleg9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cpanthers89 View Post
    8. Don't be obnoxious. Don't throw weights, grunt, yell, scream, or making stupid noises. You look like an idiot and sound like an idiot. Breathe under control and lower weights slowly. If you have to throw weights down when you're done that means they're way too heavy.
    it is what almost all of pros doing in the motivational vids, isn't it?
    Last edited by Oleg9; 03-29-2014 at 02:41 AM.

HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000) HammZ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    This....
    wtf lmfao

JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JontheAtheist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aaronhowellsPT View Post
    Do you remember the first time you went to the gym? The clanging of iron, surrounded by monster men and all those dumbbells looking up at you - it would be intimidating for anyone...if I didn't have anyone to go with in the early days I probably wouldn't have stuck with it.

Maybe I'm soft but I say take it easy on the new guys - gym is a lifestyle and it takes a bit of getting used to

Mr Nice Guy
    I agree with this. We were all newbies at one time or another. Just because you've obtained veteran status in the gym doesn't mean you get to big league the new guys.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Misc Crew

Combat Veterans Crew

CriticalDeadz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Or you can just do what youre supposed to do in the gym... WORKOUT! If you do this u wont notice these ppls. What is wrong with grunting/screaming and throwing some weights? Some peoples need to be aggressive to workout (just as me) to hit some big weights!
    Meet Total: 685kg/1510lbs
    Deadlift: 275 kg (606lbs)
    Squat: 252.5 kg (556lbs) 257.5 kg unofficial
    Bench: 157.5 kg (347lbs)

All in 105kg/230lbs class

MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500) MEJ1990TM1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by CriticalDeadz View Post
    Or you can just do what youre supposed to do in the gym... WORKOUT! If you do this u wont notice these ppls. What is wrong with grunting/screaming and throwing some weights? Some peoples need to be aggressive to workout (just as me) to hit some big weights!
    I do not agree with that. A person should be able to simply focus and be good to go. The whole grunting, screaming, and throwing the weights down just seems foolish. I'm not as strong as a lot of guys on here, but even on my heaviest lifts (Only 405 DL, go ahead and laugh.) I didn't make any noise.

LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaParkaNE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rnewton4 View Post
    Agree with most things except the phone thing. I always take my phone and check it when I am resting between sets. Really dont see the prob here...
    same

kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmartel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a noob, yet I see experienced people break these rules a lot more than noobs. My gym has a serious problem deloading their weights... I feel like everything I do I'm deloading someones **** first. Also have never seen a noob try to curl olympic bars in a squat rack.

I think this might be the worst thing ever which isn't listed... Watching someone come out of a stall in the locker room and not wash their hands before using equipment again.

edit: also, a lot of people taking their phones out between sets could either be recording their weight like I do, or changing the song, like i also do... don't be quick to judge, but if they are sitting there for 5+ minutes I think it's safe to assume they are half assing it...

19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CriticalDeadz View Post
    Amen! I breath heavy and sometimes grunt when I'm on my last sets, especially now that I'm addicted to drop sets. However, I never throw down weights, but that is only because I'm poor and I'd be afraid to break something expensive and have to pay for it.
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer."

19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 19dave80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kmartel View Post
    I'm a noob, yet I see experienced people break these rules a lot more than noobs. My gym has a serious problem deloading their weights... I feel like everything I do I'm deloading someones **** first. Also have never seen a noob try to curl olympic bars in a squat rack.
    This is true. I've never seen new guys curling in the squat rack, but I do see buff guys, veterans, doing this quite a bit.
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer."

edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50) edge131 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i don't have a problem with people using their phones as long as t hey don't take up like 10 minutes when someone is waiting to use the machine or weight.

the biggest thing that i dislike in gyms is people being rude. i can't stand rude people, whether they are snobs or aggressive show offs, just be nice to each other and you'll enjoy your workouts more this ain't prison! love not hate!
    Get the body YOU want,not the body others tell you to have...

Live your life how you want it, but make sure you live happy.

MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTING933 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Someone hung a weight collar on one of the weight racks, then hung four 45lb plates on top of it
    Why....just why?

Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Idk what if some people use their phones to write down and track their lift progress/check their workout schedule?

Also I always wonder, if someone leaves like a 25 and 10 pound weight on each side of the EZ curl bar and then just leaves it on the floor like that after their done...If I go in afterwards and pump out a quick set with that same weight on it, does it become my responsibility to put the weights back?

arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000) arthurkanishov is just really nice. (+1000)
    don't ****ing do 1 set of bench max out do 2 garbage reps on your first day and leave

Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't agree with 1 and 10.

1. Who cares if they're on their phone? I do it because it's something to do during my rest. I would rather get on my phone then stare at nothing waiting for my rest time to be up.

10. Wipe down the equipment before you use it. You're in a public gym. Most people know that anything with the word public and gym in it know it's going to be disgusting. And when I work out I don't feel like I need to wipe down the equipment at a place that's expected to be dirty. So some germaphobe can wipe down his stuff while I go to the bathroom, not wash my hands, and go pick up some dumbbells.

Zatch12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My favorite: The b!tch hiss. Curling a 20 sssssssss, ssssssss,sssssss,ssssssss every rep. Comical really....