Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ericfitness86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Berries531 View Post
    i agree with everything but i have to admit i do grunt a bit. it's not obnoxious. its just a sign that im pushing really hard. if i need to grunt for a last rep, im going to do it haha
    personally i dont care about a little grunting, but... i get pissed when im around the huge guys doing deadlifts and they feel the need to scream "UGH!!!!" then just drop the bar obnoxiously...that pisses me off so bad, because im trying to workout and they ruin it by making me try not to laugh while doing reps. i understand that maybe its hard doing stuff but even on my heavy days i dont feel the need to scream like that.

jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cameronscott View Post
    1. First week back to school, I'm doing flat bench press bb and in between sets I am sitting on the bench listening to my iPod, minding my own business. These three skinny Asian kids come out of nowhere and ask me if I am using the bench. It had to be the dumbest question, it was very obvious I was still using the bench. I didn't even feel bad about taking my time with the rest of my sets.
    whats worse is when im not using a piece of equiptment and get asked if im using it..for example, im on the flat bench lets say and get asked if im using lat pulldown..my answer has become this "does it look like im using it" and they answer no (mostly all the time), then i just give them a dumb found look..ppl are fckn weird man!

andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) andrius3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    covers pretty much everything.

cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10) cannonr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The weight room is pretty small at my gym and there was a 6'5" Abercrombie dude taking up space and doing only BW excercises and very light dumbells. He definitely got some laughs but the best was when he grabbed a 10LB dumbell and a band. He wrapped the band around the squat rack and did a couple sets talking out loud about how he loved the burn.

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    agree with everything except for the checking yourself out bit and phone bit. Its ok to do both these things occaisonally. so long as you arent doing it all the time.
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) realeyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by imsotheman View Post
    the point of this is.....

and unless your doing some BS workout... who finishes in 30 minutes... thats less than my rest times added together.
    Ask Jeff Willet about his workouts. He is the only bodybuilder to ever get an IFBB pro card without using steroids and he does his workouts in 30-40 min.

etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) etherealgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
    100% right. I'm in my 30's. Basically went to high school and college in the 90's. This will shock the under 30 crowd, but in college we didn't use laptops, didn't use email, the internet was as new and bizarre as Hubble Telescope sightings, and we did not have cell phones.

I recall fondly carrying 2 quarters in my pocket as a high school senior when I was out with friends so I could use a "Pay Phone" to check in with my parents. Under 25 guys- "Pay Phones" were stationary, corded phones where you put money in to make a call.

Anyway, my current boss has basically had to threaten me to check my emails. I hate emails, and I HATE text messsages. Why would someone "text" me on a perfectly good phone? And for email, why must I check emails constantly, coming from someone who works just down the hall, when that person could just walk down and TELL me, or even just write a note and leave it on my desk.

I hate the new era of digital paper trail which is so impersonal.

Best answer of all time.

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seabass08
    100% right. I'm in my 30's. Basically went to high school and college in the 90's. This will shock the under 30 crowd, but in college we didn't use laptops, didn't use email, the internet was as new and bizarre as Hubble Telescope sightings, and we did not have cell phones.

I recall fondly carrying 2 quarters in my pocket as a high school senior when I was out with friends so I could use a "Pay Phone" to check in with my parents. Under 25 guys- "Pay Phones" were stationary, corded phones where you put money in to make a call.

Anyway, my current boss has basically had to threaten me to check my emails. I hate emails, and I HATE text messsages. Why would someone "text" me on a perfectly good phone? And for email, why must I check emails constantly, coming from someone who works just down the hall, when that person could just walk down and TELL me, or even just write a note and leave it on my desk.

I hate the new era of digital paper trail which is so impersonal.

Originally Posted by etherealgirl View Post
    Best answer of all time.

X2
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

⅟½⅓¾⅔⅕⅖⅗⅘⅙⅚⅛⅜⅝⅞ ➊➋➌➍➎➏➐➑➒ BadMonkeyFunker's Avatar
    BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by cpanthers89 View Post

8. Don't be obnoxious. Don't throw weights, grunt, yell, scream, or making stupid noises. You look like an idiot and sound like an idiot. Breathe under control and lower weights slowly. If you have to throw weights down when you're done that means they're way too heavy.

Yawn!.... yeah you should go tell cutler .... they're too heavy for him, he should use lighter weights. hmmm... derp derp

How about you mind your own fkin bizniz in the gym ? Instead of watching what others doing ? Maybe you'd have some progress eh ....

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cpanthers89
    8. Don't be obnoxious. Don't throw weights, grunt, yell, scream, or making stupid noises. You look like an idiot and sound like an idiot. Breathe under control and lower weights slowly. If you have to throw weights down when you're done that means they're way too heavy.

Originally Posted by BadMonkeyFunker View Post
    Yawn!.... yeah you should go tell cutler .... they're too heavy for him, he should use lighter weights. hmmm... derp derp

How about you mind your own fkin bizniz in the gym ? Instead of watching what others doing ? Maybe you'd have some progress eh ....

lol this x2
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmcaldwell92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
    Why so? If you are using dumbells, you should never throw or just drop the weights. Not only will it damage the weights (assuming if you are dropping them they better be way too heavy, not damn 20's), or it is dangerous as it could hit someone. If you are using a barbell, then you should have no reason to need to drop it, as you are either deadlifting, or there is a rack to set the bar on.

As for screaming/shouting/etc, well, if you are maxing out, maybe. But a pencil necked girly man on the bench screaming to push up 135 pounds is ridiculous. Or the douche bag 17-22 year olds at my gym who scream while curling the 40's, wearing their stupid billabong shorts and tapout shirts, of course with the floppy Jonahs Beiber hair do, all just need to get sent to boot camp.

Maybe it's the old school line of thought, or just the common sense approach, that if the weight is too heavy to lift in a controlled manner, then it's just plain "too heavy" for the person to be using.
    Sorry, I don't agree at all.
    It wouldn't bother me one bit to see some kid pushing his hardest to get 135 up on a bp.
    It shows that they are trying. They aren't half ass doing their workouts and that they are trying to get gains obviously.

I say stop worrying about other people in the gym and focus on your workout. If not, go to a 24 hr gym and workout by yourself during off peak hours.

KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the gym is a really good place to meet friends and those that are girls may turn out to be a gf... silly op
    KG

KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fireisland View Post
    lol #5 u keep on doin that..more buns for me
    ahhaha this is what i am saying, +reps
    KG

weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weeabrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agree except for 4 and 8.

There's no problem with mirin ones self, that's the whole point of bb'ing isn't it? To satisfy yourself. I love posing and **** in front of the mirrors in betw. weights if I see progress in my physique, even if there's a swole ass dude next to me. haters gonna hate, if I'm feelin myself I'm feelin myself.

As far as grunting/screaming....hey do whatever works for you. As long as you're working hard then scream all you want. Express yourself. I'm much rather annoyed by the people who sit around getting 5-10 min rests (excluding extreme powerlifters) and chatting all day long in the gym hogging weights.

But hey to each their own, people have different goals when it comes to going to the gym.

naturaltroy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    omg..absolutely hate when ppl check themselves out or have totally wrong form

Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meleky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Really helpful as I'm going to the gym for the first time next week!

Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just get annoyed by the guys who act hard as hell. Walk out of the changeroom like they are hitting a club downtown… walk into the weight room start staring every guy down in the weight room. Pick up weights start lifting…. Immediately turn around and look all over to see who is watching them…. Have there arms out like the kid in A Christmas Story who can’t put his arms down. Just gets annoying.

Or when teens come into the gym and have a group of like 8-10 “training partners” All hogging one bench. Just sitting around and talking taking turns using one bench.

charlesdeff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Meleky View Post
    Really helpful as I'm going to the gym for the first time next week!
    lol.

charlesdeff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cannonr View Post
    The weight room is pretty small at my gym and there was a 6'5" Abercrombie dude taking up space and doing only BW excercises and very light dumbells. He definitely got some laughs but the best was when he grabbed a 10LB dumbell and a band. He wrapped the band around the squat rack and did a couple sets talking out loud about how he loved the burn.
    lol

HarryPowder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lolol

morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) morrikj777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tend to grunt a lot. Does that make me an idiot? I really don't think so. I am doing heavy sets almost every time I go to the gym and it helps A TON to get those last few reps out. Coupled with the fact I go to the gym from 2am to 4am, there's AT MOST 1 or 2 other people there and they use the cardio machines on the other side of the gym.

I would probably restrain myself more during busy hours, but I will inevitably let out that grunt.

ryanstafford1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanstafford1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanstafford1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ericfitness86 View Post
    personally i dont care about a little grunting, but... i get pissed when im around the huge guys doing deadlifts and they feel the need to scream "UGH!!!!" then just drop the bar obnoxiously...that pisses me off so bad, because im trying to workout and they ruin it by making me try not to laugh while doing reps. i understand that maybe its hard doing stuff but even on my heavy days i dont feel the need to scream like that.
    too true! or when they scream out once they've reached the top of the lift when the most exertion is over..
    please check out my log and help me out - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130897533

andrew123456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew123456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew123456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew123456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew123456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew123456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andrew123456 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

hi

yesterday was my worst day of my life. yesterday i was playing maxxpoker on ******** and i lose $80K in a day im feeling very dad coz i loose lots of poker chips in a day.but i will try my best and again i will play maxxpoker n i will try to win more then that.

martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I saw the funniest gym person I've ever seen recently. Was this huge black guy lifting pretty big weights but he'd scream obscenities with every lift. An example would be like during a press "F*****KING GET UP YOU FU**ING FU**ER" for every rep. After he completed each set he'd drop the bar and be like "WOOHOO MOFO'S" and go and shake the hand of the nearest three people to him.

He went beyong the limits of being a gym idiot and actually left a pretty good impression in my mind.

Must of being doing something right. he was big as hell

scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000) scarboro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by martial-man420 View Post
    I saw the funniest gym person I've ever seen recently. Was this huge black guy lifting pretty big weights but he'd scream obscenities with every lift. An example would be like during a press "F*****KING GET UP YOU FU**ING FU**ER" for every rep. After he completed each set he'd drop the bar and be like "WOOHOO MOFO'S" and go and shake the hand of the nearest three people to him.

He went beyong the limits of being a gym idiot and actually left a pretty good impression in my mind.

Must of being doing something right. he was big as hell
    This sounds incredibly funny and motivating to me lol.
    Misc Strength Crew

Watchout ur comments bro titomuheedo's Avatar
    titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Number 8 makes you sound like a *******, OP.

If your deadlifting as heavy as you can, you shouldnt be able to "Slowly" lower it back down and not make any noise.

You remind me of the *******s that work at my gym, yesterday after my first working set of 365x6 some fatass from the front desk came and said "Can you guys slowly control your weight on the way down, your bothering people" Id like to see him even rep that for a single. If these "people" were actually focused on their own selfs they wouldn't even notice.

I lol at the people that actaully try not to make any noise, because you know, their precious ear shouldnt be disturbed, you can slip a disk or throw out your back, its fine, as long as they don't have to hear a moderate clank.
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoawuYgSkehcUdvZQ6yNOcA/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Check out my youtube channel! Feel free to ask questions, and I'll make video responses as in depth and to my knowledge as I can. I don't spread bro science, my information will be similiar to Ian Mccarthy/Layne/Ogus/Eric helms in the sense that I will base my accusations of of science/studies. Also some personal experience, but I won't impose that onto you. But if you ask, I'll answer :)

Watchout ur comments bro titomuheedo's Avatar
    titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ryanstafford1 View Post
    too true! or when they scream out once they've reached the top of the lift when the most exertion is over..
    Because if you knew much if anything about good technique you would know most people hold their breath through most of the lift for core support then exhale towards the lockout.
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoawuYgSkehcUdvZQ6yNOcA/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Check out my youtube channel! Feel free to ask questions, and I'll make video responses as in depth and to my knowledge as I can. I don't spread bro science, my information will be similiar to Ian Mccarthy/Layne/Ogus/Eric helms in the sense that I will base my accusations of of science/studies. Also some personal experience, but I won't impose that onto you. But if you ask, I'll answer :)

Theia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3. Don't stand in front of weight racks.
    I'm too concentrated to pay mind to most irritants, but if you are spinning like goddamn windmill please do NOT do it in the middle of a high-traffic area.

5. Stop hitting on women.
    Or at LEAST develop your skills of perception. It's easy to spot who's there to work and who's there to flirt. If she's dressed in spanx and saturated in fragrance, by all means. If she's wearing grubby sweats, a t-shirt, and a band of beaded sweat across her brow... do not think it's cunning to continuously load and unload the same weight from her squat rack. She will notice that you are a tool. She will not be happy.

Someone please explain how underdeveloped lats can cause mens arms to prop out as if they were bulging. It's like the mystery of the phantom limb.

Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can't even tell you how many idiots I see at the gym each day. Me, as well others who workout regularly, have developed a keen eye for spotting gym "noobs" who have absolutely no idea what they're doing. It's not that I care that people look dumb when working out...I really don't, what bothers me is a) that people are cheating themselves out of a solid workout and b) that they make the gym environment less enjoyable for everyone else. Where do you think all of the stereotypes about regular gym-goers came from? Those jackasses. Abide by the following ten rules of gym etiquette and you'll instantly look more experienced and professional, but most importantly you'll give others the best possible chance to have a kick ass workout.

1. Get the !@#$ off your cell phone. This is my #1 pet peeve among all else, even more so than the lazy ass people who stand still on the airport moving walkways (they're not rides). The gym is a place to bust-ass and work hard, NOT check your voice mail, text, make calls, or check e-mail. If you're on your phone your work ethic is immediately discredited and you appear as if you really don't give a **** about what you're doing. Exercise with purpose and with intensity...it's the only way you'll achieve your goals. Get rid of all the distractions, your cell phone is a biggy. My only exception to this is the iPhone because of it's iPod functionality.

Yea cause whether i send out a text or two between my sets means i cant possibly be training hard, lol, OP mad cause no one texts him

4. Stop admiring yourself. Everyone loves looking at themselves...admiring the herculean body they've sculpted, but remember you're in a public place. Staring at yourself, flexing excessively, and pulling up your shirt to show off your abs all fall into the category of being a conceited jackass. You look like an idiot, everyone around you thinks you're an idiot (and I mean everyone), and trust me you don't look good or cool no matter how sexy your body is. Do it in the locker room or in the privacy of your own home.

i do it, see many guys doing it, as long as you do it somewhat discretely, theres nothing wrong with a quick flex in the mirror...

5. Stop hitting on women. This one's mainly for guys, but a huge no-no is trying to pick up women in the gym. Women at the gym are typically focused on one thing, their workout, and they don't want to be bothered by some meat head throwing around inappropriate remarks. I guarantee you that they'll ignore you or give you a disgusted look, and really what you're doing is throwing off their workout and making yourself look stupid. Respect a woman's space and focus and leave her be. If she asks for help or advice that's one thing, but keep everything appropriate and friendly.

Made quite a few female friends at the gym i flirt with on the reg.... u just have to play it different than say a bar...

nothing worng with some grunting, heavy breathing, and training to failure that you have to set down weights heavily... unless the gym staff says differant

9. Do some research. One of the things that bothers me most is when people use awful form. So many people flail weights around like floppy fish, throwing their arms everywhere back and forth, thinking that they're actually doing something productive. They're not. Using proper form and doing exercises correctly is so important for getting maximal results and preventing injury. Get your thighs parallel to the ground on squats. Tuck your elbows into your sides during bicep curls and triceps extensions. Don't arch your back during deadlifts. Raise and lower weights in a slow, controlled manner. These are fundamental skills that so many people lack. Do a little research, watch a YouTube video, or ask an experienced friend...it doesn't matter. It takes a little bit of work to vastly improve the quality of your workout. Besides being more effective, you'll automatically look 100x more experienced and proficient.

why do you give a **** what other people are doing... personally i go to the gym to lift, not be concerned about some dumbasses lifting form...
    This thread is really original OP, no really its not been done like 7 thousand times before...

You also come off as a know it all d bag.
    Great MAGA King status

Bing Chilling

cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cpanthers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Smithers115 View Post
    This thread is really original OP, no really its not been done like 7 thousand times before...

You also come off as a know it all d bag.
    I'm entitled to my opinion, yeah? if it's unoriginal then don't read it.
    Visit my blog at: http://www.disantosfitlife.com

ACE Certified Personal Trainer & ISSA Certified Sports Nutritionist
    Student at NYU-Stern

Become a fan of my blog's ******** page at http://www.********.com/pages/Bryans-FitLife-Blog/359302189008?ref=ts