Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

"Pursuit of Perfection" Journey to the 2012 WNBF Natural Buckeye Classic

Hello again everyone. I am coming off the Youngstown Cardinal Classic this past weekend and I went right into my next prep. I learned so much over the past 6 months as I went into my first show. I did place 3rd in the Men's Open Bantam class and was about 17 pounds under weight for the class. (pics on profile) I jumped right into the game and didnt give myself nearly as much time as one should when preparing for a contest. Especially someone who is new to the sport and just lifting in general. I made some solid gains and I am really pleased with how my physique looked overall.

I have big dream and hopes for 2012. This will be my first real prep as I attempt to gain 15-18lbs of raw lean muscle. I will be hitting the gym harder and more intense than ever. Not to mention I have a much better understanding about foods and how to eat. I have some really great people in my corner backing me and it should make for an amazing off season training.

Now lets get down to business. I will be training 5 days a week over starting out with my prep. I am currently attending college 2 nights a week and will be taking Tuesday and Thursdays off from training to focus on school. This has lead to somewhat of an interesting training split.
    Sunday- Legs (Hammies, Glutes, Calves)
    Monday- Heavy Arms
    Tuesday- off
    Wednesday- Legs (Quads, Calves)
    Thursday- off
    Friday- Chest + Light Tri's
    Saturday- Back, Light Bi's, Shoulders

As far as off season diet goes, I will be tracking my protein, carbs and fat intake just to make sure I make my goals. High amounts of protein and carbs while keeping the fat still kind of lower. Roughly 1.7g Protein per pound per day, 2g carbs per pound per day and .5-.7g fat per pound per day. This is bulk time. Big Meals for Big Gains. The diet will be adjusting and changing as my body reacts to the big increase in calories. As I gain, the food will continue to go up as well.

Supplements I will be taking over the course of my training will be:
    Beverly International Multi-Vitamin
    Beverly International Creatine
    Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
    Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein
    Scivation Quake 10.0
    Scivation Xtend
    Scivation Whey

I will not settle for anything less than 1st Place. To steal a line for Layne, "If I lose, it wont be because I was out worked." I would like to go ahead and thank Rich Lauro, James McGuire and Terrell Campbell at Beyond Limits Training for all the support they have given me.

"You Won't Win, Because I Can't Lose"
    Last edited by Justin.Martin; 09-28-2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: forgot to list the casein protein
    "I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness."- Henry Rollins

My strength training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159468331

October 25th Meet Goals @ 165lbs:
    Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin.Martin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Day 1, Monday, Sept 27th, 2010

Today was Heavy Arm day. Felt really good going into the gym for the first time with some carbs back in my system. I was able to get after it pretty rough. Just kept pushing myself. My arms were a little lacking from my last show so hopefully over the course of this prep I get some solid gains.

Arm Blaster BB Curl
    55x12
    65x10
    75x8
    I love the isolation of the Arm Blaster and I get a much more effective lift using it.

Close Grip Bench
    95x12
    115x10
    125x8

Dumbbell Curl
    30x13
    35x10
    40x8
    not really sure why I kept going after 12 but I went ahead and hit one more rep.

Dumbbell Skull Crusher
    20x12
    25x10x2

Cable Hammer Curl
    7x12
    8x10
    9x8
    big struggles on the end of that. Veins popping out all over the place.

Reverse Grip Pressdown
    7x12
    8x12
    9x12

Cable Pull-Ins
    3x12
    4x10x2

Weight Dips
    25lbs, 50 reps, in 4 sets.

Crushed it. Arms felt really good. I made sure I had a banana with my to eat as I walked out of the gym. I know I am gonna be sore come tomorrow morning. Solid burn and felt jacked after the workout. Looking forward to an off day before I kill my legs on Wednesday.
    "I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness."- Henry Rollins

My strength training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159468331

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Justin, you looked excellent in your debut at the Cardinal. Yes, you didn't have the mass that some of those guys did but you had a very good base and symmetrical shape that with good building will do well on stage. Train hard man and let me know when you want to stop on by. Any time! And thanks for the shout out!
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phi 4:13
    - WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder, Gym Owner & Promoter -

www.BEYONDLIMITSTRAINING.net ---> the hardest working gym in Columbus, Ohio!

INBF Natural Buckeye Classic & WNBF Pro Tournament of Champions:
    www.NATURALBUCKEYECLASSIC.com - April 13, 2013

zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) zbert will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    will be good to follow your progress to the 2012 WNBF NBC.
    i know you are gonna kill this offseason bruh.

28 September 2010 - Off Training Day

Yesterday was a scheduled off training day for me. I am going to try to keep track and post my daily food intake as well as my workouts. So here is how yesterday went:

Protein: 204g
    Carbs: 289g
    Fats: 68g
    Total Calorie Intake for the day was just under 2600

That was spread over 6 meals to include a casein shake before bed. I try to stay right around the 30-35g of protein per meal. Again I am trying to gain some weight and size so I am eating a good amount right now. Mostly chicken, green veggies, eggs, extra fiber whole grain bread, half a serving of serious mass, one bowl of cereal first thing in the morning and some cinnamon raisin swirl PB.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

29 September 2010 - Leg Day Quads and Calves

So I have officially changed gyms. I will be trying to get as many workouts as possible in at Beyond Limits in Columbus until I move up there. Today was the first heavy leg day since my first show. I am all carbed back up and feeling good and I was ready to see how my legs handled the extra push.

Barbell Squat
    135x10
    185x10
    225x6
    245x6
    265x1
    155x10
    Not back to full strength yet but it sure felt good to get some weight moving. Hopefully I can get back to 300 soon.

Leg Press
    345x10
    395x10
    435x10
    485x6
    Thanks to Terrell, I was able to get the last 3 reps after I thought my legs were going to break off. Just got to push yourself.

Leg Extensions
    115x10x4
    It was all about the pause and hold at the top tonight. No need to try to do heavy weight when you hold. Crushed at this point. Got a nice limp as I walk over the the Seated Calf Raise.

Seated Calf Raise
    90x12x2
    100x12x2
    Again really focusing on those slow reps with the pause and hold at the top. Maximizing the flex time. Veins popping out pretty good through my calves. Which doesn't happen that often.

Standing Smith Machine Calf Raises
    135x12
    155x12x2
    175x10
    Same old song and dance at this point. I noticed that over my last training cycle I bounced a lot as the weight got heavier, so I am really trying to slow down the reps and get those nice controlled holds.

Food Intake
    Protein: 247g
    Carbs: 344g
    Fat: 88g
    Total Cals: 3100
    I am also trying to keep my water intake up during this prep. I know that last time I cheated myself a lot of the amount of water I took in. Shooting for 2 gal a day right now. That includes my Pre-Workout Drink and my Xtend.

Daily Thoughts
    I had a really good day today and I really think my body is responding well to all the food and new training cycle. I think I will really enjoy having the two days off a week. Tomorrow is another day off and slightly less calories. I am sure my legs will enjoy the rest time. Back in the gym on Friday for a solid chest day. Just have to keep pushing myself to failure.

"Nothing Great Ever Comes Without Sacrifice"

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

30 September 2010 - Off Training Day

Today was my last off training day for the week. Since I wasn't training today I tried to split my meals up into 7 meals today, just to keep from having to much in one sitting. Today was also my first day back to work in 2 weeks, so I had to get used to somewhat of a new schedule.

Today's breakdown looked like this:

Protein: 202g
    Carbs: 319g
    Fat: 73g
    Total Calorie Intake for the day was 2750

Since today was my first day back to the office, we had a little pot luck at work and I ended up eating some things I really shouldn't have. I had an awesome Fudge Brownie. But I dont think it hurt me too much. I was able to still get a solid amount of protein and sufficient carbs and fats.

I will be back in the gym tomorrow after a long day of work and I will be training Heavy Chest with Light Tri's at the end. Should be a good one.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

1 October 2010 - Chest + Light Tri's

Long and Rough Day. Thank God for Beyond Limits Training being open 24 Hours. Finished my workout up just around 12:15am after a 15 hour work day. I am highly motivated to say the least. I had some good steam to blow off in the gym tonight which I really think helped out. 24 sets in just around an hour and I moved some really good weight. There wasn't anyone around, because lets face it, who is in the gym at 11pm on a Friday night?

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
    50x12
    60x8
    70x8
    75x8 No Spot Needed tonight.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    50x10
    60x8
    65x7, Drop Set to 45x8. Drop Set to 25x8
    Feeling really solid at this point

Cable Cross-Overs
    20x12
    25x10
    25x10
    Staring myself down in the mirror, feeling like Arnold in "Pumping Iron"

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
    25x12
    30x12
    35x8

V-Bar Press Down
    50x12
    57.5x12
    65x10

Reverse Grip Single Arm Press Down
    15x12x3

Over-Head Dumbbell Pull
    45x12
    50x10
    55x8

Workout Thoughts
    I really enjoyed the fact that there wasn't anyone around. I was free to move around and not have to worry about someone being in my way. I was really focused and kept the intensity really high. Just an all around great workout.

Daily Food Intake
    I had a little bit extra today due to the extended day but just a small snack of PB and Rice Cakes.
    Protein: 252g
    Carbs: 358g
    Fats: 95g
    Total Calories for the day were just under 3300

"Always Do One More Rep, If You Want To Be Number One."

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

2 October 2010 - Back, Light Bi's, & Shoulders

Today was another long day at work, but not as long as yesterday. Only about 11 Hours. Which was good because it gave me plenty of time to get my workout in. Today's workout is a little longer and I don't know if I like training Shoulders on the same day. I might be going back to a 6 day a week split. But I will see how I feel over the next few days and at least give this a few weeks to see how it plays out.

Dead Lifts
    135x10
    225x10
    245x6
    245x6

Bent Over Barbell Row
    135x10 Wide Grip
    135x10 Reverse Grip
    135x10 Wide Grip
    135x10 Reverse Grip

Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown
    80x12
    90x12
    100x10

High Rope Pull
    57.5x10
    65x10
    65x10

Body Weight Pull Up
    Did 3 sets of 10. Last few reps of each set may not have been the prettiest.

Dumbbell Curl Drop Set
    30x10
    25x10
    20x10
    15x10
    10x25
    Just walked down the line. 15-20 sec break in between each set. Crazy sick pump from this. Didn't do anything else from Bi's because I am not trying to kill them tonight. Just a good pump.

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    35x10
    40x10
    45x6 drop to 25x10

Dumbbell Front Raise
    25x10x3
    I do these with the twist to underhand as I bring them up.

Seated Rear Delt Fly
    25x10x3

Dumbbell Shrug
    55x15
    60x15
    65x15

Barbell Shrug
    95x20 Natural Grip
    95x20 Wide Grip
    95x20 Close Grip

Workout Thoughts
    I figured I would go longer than a normal workout tonight because I was working so many muscles and sets, I was able to keep the intensity up without rushing the sets. Finished up everything in about an Hour and 45 minutes. Not to bad. But I do think that I will be moving shoulders back to their own day, just simply because I need to focus them a little more. Mainly the Rear Delts. Tomorrow is another day and I will be working those Glutes and Hammies. Always a fun one.

Daily Food Intake
    Protein: 251g
    Carbs: 346g
    Fats: 64g
    Total Calories for the day was just over 2900. A little under where I wanted to be, but I had to work around what was available.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take advantage of that post show rebound. From what I've seen in your pics, you have a bright future ahead of you if you stay with it. Remember to always keep it fresh and enjoy it. Its not a job, so don't treat it as one or you will be burned out before you know it. Look forward to seeing/meeting you in the future.
    Prep with Justin Draper
    IT ONLY GETS EASIER!
    T-Rex

Originally Posted by tsajdak View Post
    Take advantage of that post show rebound. From what I've seen in your pics, you have a bright future ahead of you if you stay with it. Remember to always keep it fresh and enjoy it. Its not a job, so don't treat it as one or you will be burned out before you know it. Look forward to seeing/meeting you in the future.
    Thanks a lot man. No matter what, training will never become work to me. I enjoy it Way to much. It makes me feel alive and it gives me something to look forward to every single day I wake up. I also look forward to getting the chance to meet you. If you are in the area this month, there is an ONBF Event at Heath High School on the 23rd. I will be attending that show and cheering on some friends of mine who will be competing.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Justin.Martin View Post
    Thanks a lot man. No matter what, training will never become work to me. I enjoy it Way to much. It makes me feel alive and it gives me something to look forward to every single day I wake up. I also look forward to getting the chance to meet you. If you are in the area this month, there is an ONBF Event at Heath High School on the 23rd. I will be attending that show and cheering on some friends of mine who will be competing.
    Yes, I live on the east side(Gahanna/Reynoldsburg area). I was planning on going to the Heath show. My one buddy from my gym is competing. I competed in this show in 2008. I will see you there.
    Prep with Justin Draper
    IT ONLY GETS EASIER!
    T-Rex

bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000) bucsfan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Subbed man!
    Just live your life with God inside. You wont regret one moment of it. Give all that you have for God.

3 October 2010 Hamstrings Glutes and Calves

As I pulled into the gym tonight, I got a great motivation booster. A friend of mine was just getting back from her show in Wisconsin, where she won her Second Pro Card in 7 days in the Ms. Fit Body Class. She is truly inspiring. To know where she came from to where she is today.

Tonight's workout is an area where I think I need some work. I really just didn't have the definition at my last comp that I would like to have. I will be beating my hamstrings and glutes a lot harder over the next year to get them contest ready.

Romanian Dead Lift
    135x10
    155x10
    175x10
    195x8

Leg Press - Feet High
    345x12
    435x10
    525x8
    575x6
    Felt really strong on leg press tonight. Hopefully I can continue heavier leg presses on Wednesday when I hit Quads.

Seated Hamstring Curl
    100x10x4
    Trying to pause on the bottom of the curl for extra pressure. Was pretty effective

Seated Calf Raise
    100x15x4
    Pausing just like earlier in the week. Strong burn and pump in the calves

Standing Barbell Calf Raise
    135x20
    155x20
    165x20
    165x20

Training Thought
    I knew the workout was effective and strong. I was standing there trying to make my post workout meal (aka shake and oats) and my legs were trembling. Have not had that feeling in a while. Loving the new gym, simply because I am surrounded by people who all share the same ideas and have similar goals. It is going to be an amazing year and I can't wait to see all the progress I will make.

Daily Intake
    Protein: 224g
    Carbs: 311g
    Fats: 63g
    Total Calories for the day was just under 2700. I can't wait to be back on the normal schedule tomorrow. I will be picking up the Protein and fat intake just slightly.

One week after the show I have gained about 5lbs already, but man do carbs taste good.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

4 October 2010 Heavy Arm Day

It felt good today to be back on somewhat of a normal schedule. Made it through day at work then headed over to the gym for a solid arm workout. I am a big fan of alternating Biceps and Triceps on Arm day. Not Super Setting, but keeping the intensity high for strong pumps and good isolation.

Dumbbell Curl
    30x8
    35x8
    40x8

Rope Pressdown
    55x8
    55x8
    62.5x8

E-Z Bar Preacher Curl
    55x12
    65x10
    75x8
    I chose the inner grip on these.

Laying Dumbbell Skull Crusher
    25x10
    25x10
    30x6
    I had Terrell yelling at me which really helped me go heavier than I have in the past.

Cable Pull-In
    20x12
    25x10
    25x8
    I think I could have made 10 on the last one if I would have been giving myself more time in between sets, but I didn't want to lose the pump I had going.

Hammer Strength Tricep Extension
    30x12
    35x10
    40x8

Hammer Strength Single Arm Bicep Curl
    25x12
    30x12
    35x12
    Smoked It.

Weight Dips
    50 reps w/ 25lbs. I did it in 4 sets again tonight and was toasted.

Training Thoughts
    As you could tell I was really trying to focus on Bicep Peak and Tricep Thickness tonight. I felt that my peaks were terrible looking back at pictures from my last show. So I am taking some corrective actions. Always have to keep switching things up and working on the areas that need the most work. Hopefully by doing this, it will give me a very productive off season.
    Tomorrow is an off day for me and I will be hopefully getting some additional sleep tonight. Need to keep giving the muscles time to heal and grow while I sleep.

Daily Food Intake
    Protein: 234g
    Carbs: 348g
    Fats: 97.5g
    Total Intake for the day was just under 3200. I did take in some extra fats and protein today like I wanted to. Hopefully my body responds well to the increase in protein and fats and I get some big gains as the weeks and months go on. I will be trying to stay in this range over the next week before I make any more changes. Weighed in this morning at 138lbs. Up 5lbs from a week ago on stage. Gotta love those tasty carbs.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

Yes, I live on the east side(Gahanna/Reynoldsburg area). I was planning on going to the Heath show. My one buddy from my gym is competing. I competed in this show in 2008. I will see you there.
    Hey Justin, I was just asked yesterday to judge the show so it looks like I will be there for sure. See you there.
    Prep with Justin Draper
    IT ONLY GETS EASIER!
    T-Rex

Hey Justin, I was just asked yesterday to judge the show so it looks like I will be there for sure. See you there.
    Outstanding Man. I am looking forward to the show.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

5 October 2010 Off Training Day

Today was an off training day for me, but I decided to keep the intake up. It appears that my freakishly high metabolism is back in somewhat of full strength. I thought it would take longer coming off the show, but I noticed that I was the same weight for about 3 days last week, then, keeping the calories up and having 3100 calories, I still managed to lose 1.5lbs from where I was first thing in the morning the day before. This could have also been attributed to the solid arm workout I had yesterday. But we will see, I kept my total calories right around what it was yesterday, but no training today.

Protein: 229g
    Carbs: 354g
    Fats: 85g
    Total Calories for the day was 3100.

So lets see if I am right or wrong come tomorrow morning when I do my weigh in. With tomorrow also being leg day, I am going to up the carbs at second breakfast to increase my intake for the day since I will be training hard tomorrow afternoon. I want to try 275 for 6 on squats tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

6 October 2010 Quads Baby

Today is everyone's favorite day of the week. Quads. Who doesn't love a good old fashion smoke session on the lower body? I would really like to thank Terrell at Beyond Limits tonight for not letting me give up when I started failing. Lets get started...

Squat
    135x10
    185x8
    225x6
    245x4
    265x1
    225x4
    I bottomed out on rep 2 @ 265. So Terrell had me go back down to 225 and try to explode back up on the reps. Feeling smoked already and still have a long ways to go. I love leg days. I feed on the pain.

Leg Press
    345x12
    435x10
    525x6
    345x10
    I dropped right into the last set with no break except to change the weight.

Leg Extensions
    115x12
    130x12
    145x12
    115x25 smoked it. Went to failure

Seated Calf Raise
    120x10
    120x10
    140x8
    100x20

Standing Single Leg Calf Raise
    30x8
    30x8
    35x8
    40x8
    I really need to work my balance more. I had a hard time with these tonight.

Training Thoughts
    After talking with Terrell about my squats, we decided that next week I am going to keep the weight a little lower, because I lose some strength in my form. I have a tendency to lean forward and put some extra stress on my back and the ball of my feet not my heels. I still need to work on that and a correct rep with full range of motion at lighter weight is going to be better in the long run than any reps at high weight and terrible form. I am really lucky to be surrounded by some great trainers and natural bodybuilders.

Daily Food Thoughts and Intake
    First off lets hit the numbers:
    Protein: 228g
    Carbs: 401g
    Fats: 91g
    Total Calories for the day 3340

I was really excited today because I was able to eat a pancake with my second breakfast. It was really good. Body responded well I think and I felt a little fuller today and had a little more energy I think. I still feel good and I still have abs so life is good. :P
    Last edited by Justin.Martin; 10-06-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: fixed a spelling error

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigslink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Robbie im doing arms tomrrow you down?
    big arms big paychecks
    2010 Cardinal classic Heavy Novice Winner

7 October 2010 Off Training Night

While tonight was a off training night I still got a workout in. 3 Hour Biology lectures at 5:30pm after a long day at work are a rough mental workout. But you got to love learning about proteins, muscle growth and cells when you a trying to become a Bodybuilder. At least my teacher knows she has my attention. Anyways, I still get my meals and sups in even in class and here is the daily breakdown.

Protein: 230g
    Carbs: 414g
    Fats: 100g
    Total Calorie intake for the day was 3440.

This was more than I initially wanted to take in but I got caught up traveling from one place to another today and had to eat some protein bars to keep me going. I think my body can handle it, but I just have to watch myself over the next few days and not keep going at the same pace. Back in the gym tomorrow for some heavy chest. I think one of my buddies is gonna be joining me. He is just off his first show last weekend and looking to get back to the gym. Should be a good one.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

Originally Posted by bigslink View Post
    Robbie im doing arms tomrrow you down?
    Chest day tomorrow man. But I am bring the new Arm Blaster into the gym tomorrow.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

8 October 2010 Chest and Light Tri's

Well yesterday was a long day and I was exhausted by the time I got home. I ended up passing out before I got a chance to upload my workouts and my diet for the day. I even missed my Casein shake. Which my body didn't like because I woke up this morning starving. Yesterday was a great chest day and I am feeling it today. So lets get to it.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    30x10
    60x8
    65x6
    70x6
    75x6 A great way to start off the night.

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
    30x10
    60x8
    65x8
    70x6
    75x2 And I fail....

Cable Cross Overs
    20x10x3

Strap Flyes
    3 Sets of 8
    For those who may not have seen theses before...

This is not me, just some video I found on youtube. I would like to point out that I went a little wider than he did.

Strap Push-Ups
    3 sets of 10
    Basically the same thing as the fly but you keep your elbows in and do a push up.

Rope Pressdown
    50x10
    57.5x10x2

Overhead Dumbbell Pull
    50x12
    55x10
    60x8

Weighted Dips
    25lbs and 50 reps smoked it.

Workout Thoughts
    All in All it was a great day. I pushed some pretty good weight and got a great pump at the end. Not to mention my chest hasn't hurt this bad in a while. Just a great push day.

Daily Food Breakdown
    For the most part I was doing pretty good yesterday, but passing out before I had my casein hurt a little. My protein intake was lower than I would have liked because of that.

Protein: 206.5g
    Carbs: 352g
    Fats: 80.5g
    Total calories for the day was 2971

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

9 October 2010 Back, Bi's & Shoulders

So I caught my workout with Team Beyond Limits Training yesterday. WNBF Pros James McGuire & Rich Lauro, WNBF Masters Pro Charles Whiteous and WNBF Champion Terrell Cambell. Needless to say...I was feeling a little humbled. But at the same time, I felt that this was my time to shine and to man up. Let me just say this....These guys are amazing to train with. The motivation in the room was unbelievable. The workout was lead by Rich and he lead by example.

Wide Grip Pull Ups
    BWx10
    25x8
    30x6
    35x3
    35x3
    I later found out that this would count for shoulders too, since I have not done weighted pull ups in forever. The Focus was on controlled reps. Pause at the top and Control on the way down to focus the lats more.

One Arm Dumbbell Row SS w/ Inverted Neutral Grip Rows
    60x8/BWx6
    75x8/BWx6
    85x8/11lbs Chain x 6
    100x8/30lbs of Chain x 6

Barbell Curl
    65x10
    75x10
    85x10
    I had some spot help on the last few at 75 and 85 But they forced me through it and wouldn't me quit on myself.

Tri Set - Straight Arm Pulldown/Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown/ Arm Blaster EZ Bar Curl
    50x15/70x10/45x10
    50x15/80x10/55x10
    57.5x11 drop to 45x5 drop to 35x5/ 100x10/65x10
    I have to thank James for smoking me on those Straight Arm Pulldowns

Four Count Dumbbell Curl SS w/ Shrugs
    Single Arm Hammer Curl into Cross Body Curl. Hammer, Hammer, Cross, Cross = 1 rep
    20x9/135x10
    25x8/185x10
    30x8/185x10

Done.

Training Thoughts
    I knew I was dead, but I didnt know how dead. When I woke up today I felt like I was hit by a bus. By far the best workout I have had. I think I gained 2 inches overnight in my back. I would have huge gains in my arms if I could lift them up to measure.

Daily Intake
    Well the diet was doing good for the day until I decided to hit up downtown Columbus on my R1 with James. I dont really have the numbers for the day but I will say that I did have some awesome Spaghetti w/ a HUGE Veal Meatball that was so tender.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

10 October 10 Hamstrings, Glutes and Calves

After being as broke down as I was from yesterdays killer workout, I still wanted to get into the gym. My legs were ready to go. They were fresh and feeling good. I got into the gym late and I had the place to myself. I love these nights when I can just destroy myself and don't have people staring at me cause I move more weight than them.

High Feet Leg Press
    345x15
    435x15
    525x10
    345x15

Smith Machine Box Squats
    95x15
    135x15
    155x12
    175x8
    I set the box really low tonight and put my feet forward to really sit back on those hamstrings and glutes hard. Pause on the box and shoot up to the top. You know you like it....

Hamstring Curl
    100x12
    115x12
    130x12

Hamstring Hyper Extension
    3 sets of 8 reps with resistance band.
    We do these on a back extension but don't go all the way to the bottom. Since we arent doing a Back exercise. Really keeping the pressure on the glutes and hams.

Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise
    45x10
    50x10
    55x10

Seated Calf Raise
    100x10x3
    Just slow pausing ever rep.

Training Thoughts
    Get day on the hams and glutes. Once I started training I completely pushed all the pain and soreness out of my mind and just went to town. Off work tomorrow, so I am getting some much needed rest tonight.

Daily Intake
    With the day being all jacked up due to my extracurricular activities last night, I didnt really get to eat like I should have. But I made sure I had some shakes and timed up some post workout carbs and protein. Tomorrow will be much better. Balance will hopefully be restored to my day.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

11 October 2010

I took the night off. I kept my diet good all day and really balanced out my meals but I was still feeling pretty sore in my arms and back from saturdays intense workout. Today was a scheduled arm day but there was no sense in doing any damage to my Biceps. I am contemplating just taking the rest of the week off since I have an Army Physical Fitness Test on Friday Morning and I don't want to be feeling like I do today when that rolls around.

I will be starting a new split come Monday anyways. I am jumping on the Team Norton bandwagon and going to try out his Power/Hypertrophy Split. I have been looking at a lot of people doing that split with great results. I will pretty much just have to suck it up on days that I have class.

I will also be switching up my supplements and giving Controlled Labs a try.

Controlled Labs
    Blue Growth
    Blue Up (stimulant free)
    Green MAGnitude
    and Purple Wrath

This is a good time for a switch because I have been taking the same pre workout, intra workout and creatine for about 4 months now and I need something different.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

New Stack

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

18 October 2010 - Back to the Gym

So I took the week off to get ready for my Army Physical Fitness Test. For those of you who do not know what that is....it is simply 3 events. 2 minutes of Push-Ups (no rest as many as you can do), 2 minutes of Sit-ups (no rest as many as you can do), followed up by a 2 mile run. You are graded on each event based on your age. I was able to do 96 Push-Ups, 94 Sit-Ups and ran in 14:30 which isnt to bad since the last time I ran was in May at my last test...haha. I pretty much killed the test and was pretty happy with how I did. The minimum I had to do was like 42 push ups 50 sit ups and run under 16:30s.

Anyways, Today was my first day back in the gym in a week and I started some new things today. For starters I am working out in the morning now. Which means 3:15am wake up. Wasnt as hard as you think. I also started Layne Norton's Power/Hypertrophy Training today along with Controlled Labs Blue Up and Blue Growth which I took last night.

Power Upper Day

Barbell Bench
    155x5
    165x5
    170x5
    155x5
    155x5

Supported T-Bar Row
    55x5
    70x5
    80x5
    90x5
    100x5

Barbell Military Press
    95x5
    105x5
    115x5
    115x5
    115x5

Smith Machine Shrugs
    185x5
    185x5
    195x5
    195x5
    195x5

Workout Thoughts
    I am not use to doing barbell bench and I would say that it is a week point for me. I will definitely be working on that over the next few months. I didnt think I did much because the workout felt short, but as the day progressed I started feeling a little soreness in each group. It will take a little getting use to and I will have to find my weight ranges so I just get one - two weight changes on these sets.

Supplements
    I will be honest, I took the Blue GrowtH last night and slept amazing. Slept straight through the night and was really refreshed when I woke up at 3:15. As far as the Blue Up goes, didnt really feel anything other than a few mild hot flashes. I also did not take a pre workout this morning. Just the Tribulus

Daily Weight and Food Intake
    I woke up this morning weighing 139.4lbs. While I felt a little off on my food schedule today, I felt like I took in a lot more calories than I did. Today's breakdown turned out like this:

Protein: 208g
    Carbs: 283.7g
    Fats: 66.3g
    Total Calories 2539

Along with 1.5 gallons of water. I might try to add a little more protein in tomorrow. Just got to figure out when. Power Lower day tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

19 October 2010 - Power Lower Day

Today was day two of my early morning adventure to the gym. I am waking up fine, feeling relaxed, with minimal soreness. I did still have a little soreness in my shoulders, but that is to be expected after yesterdays workout. Today was a Power Lower day. On paper the workout doesn't really seem like much. But I stuck to it and went to work.

Power Lower

Back Squat
    135x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5
    235x5

Straight Leg Deadlifts
    135x5
    155x5
    175x5
    195x5
    205x5

Standing Smith Machine Calf Raise
    185x8
    205x8
    225x8
    245x8
    245x8
    245x8

Workout Thoughts
    While there wasn't much to this workout, I know I still had a good lift. I was working with one of the trainers on my Squats and I know they were all nice and deep, with good explosion to the top. Good form with slightly light weight is always better than heavy weight with bad form. Hopefully I can go heavier next week and keep the form solid. But I was feeling pretty good at the end. Legs had a little shake to them.

Daily Weight and Intake
    I woke up this morning weighing 139.6lbs

I was pretty surprised. I am suppose to take the Blue Growth on an empty stomach, which means no late night casein shake or snack before bed. Yet I have been able to stay the same/gain a small amount and not lose a bunch overnight....

Daily Intake was bad. Had a lot of fats cause I had to eat at school and forgot my shaker cup. Fail on my part.

Protein: 206g
    Carbs: 311g
    Fats: 104.8g
    Total Calories: 3105

I wanted to up the carbs for leg day but I didnt want to take in the fats. Good thing I am bulking and I dont think this will hurt me to much.

Rest day tomorrow. I will still be taking my Blue Up, Green MAGnitude and Purple Wraath tomorrow. Should be feeling pretty good just in time for Hypertrophy Chest and Arms on Thursday.

Squat - 455 Raw w/wraps
    Bench - 275
    Deadlift - 500

rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Justin.Martin View Post
    I am suppose to take the Blue Growth on an empty stomach, which means no late night casein shake or snack before bed. Yet I have been able to stay the same/gain a small amount and not lose a bunch overnight....
    Take your Blue GrowtH one hour before bed and then eat right before you get some Z's. Training looks solid man. Keep it up!
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phi 4:13
    - WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder, Gym Owner & Promoter -

www.BEYONDLIMITSTRAINING.net ---> the hardest working gym in Columbus, Ohio!

INBF Natural Buckeye Classic & WNBF Pro Tournament of Champions:
    www.NATURALBUCKEYECLASSIC.com - April 13, 2013