Thread: no chest gains!

vinnypotato has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnypotato has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnypotato has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnypotato has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question no chest gains!

So I did SS multiple times and kept stalling early on everything and now I started a different program. I have been on this program for 3 weeks and have already made mass gains and strength gains in everything except my chest. I have been stuck at benching 95lbs for 10 reps for a while now and I am starting to think it might be because of my form. Can anybody link a good benching video and/or tell me what I am missing?

About me: I eat a ton and take a lot of protein
    5"11 170lbs

thankssssss

Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Antz1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whats the program involve. You have to be a little more specific if you want us to help you out.

Could be genetic though.....

vinnypotato has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnypotato has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnypotato has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnypotato has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Antz1980 View Post
    Whats the program involve. You have to be a little more specific if you want us to help you out.

Could be genetic though.....
    I can't seem to make any more gains on bench press, dumbbell press, flys, etc

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by vinnypotato View Post
    Can anybody link a good benching video and/or tell me what I am missing?
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your doing 95 for 10 reps you need to up the weight and do fewer reps.

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So I did SS multiple times and kept stalling early on everything and now I started a different program. I have been on this program for 3 weeks and have already made mass gains and strength gains in everything except my chest. I have been stuck at benching 95lbs for 10 reps for a while now and I am starting to think it might be because of my form. Can anybody link a good benching video and/or tell me what I am missing?

About me: I eat a ton and take a lot of protein
    5"11 170lbs

thankssssss
    Maybe mix the order up a bit. If you're doing the dumbbell press first, maybe try some of the other exercises first then go to the bench.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Lol great video, hope he finds his anaconda

oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10) oatdust is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol great video, hope he finds his anaconda
    I had no chest after bulking, cutting bluking cutting on and off for 3 years. Do what this video says, it changed everything.

Another thing, if your form currently sucks, you probably can't correct it with the same amount of weight youve been stuck at. drop down for 65% or so of what youve been lifting for a few weeks. focus on doing 10-20 for a while with clean form. once you get there you can start slowly adding more keeping your new form.

after watching this video and being very careful with my form for 2 mos i have a much stronger chest, better chest workouts, better pump and today was the 1st time i put up the weight i used to press, did 4 sets of 10 instead of 4 sets of 8. probably could've done more but for me everytime i add more weight i need to stay there for at least a few weeks to make sure i am keeping the form right.

chanses are 99% youre getting ahead of yourself and trying to lift more to make up for no gains, then your form gets worse, and you try to lift more and nothing happens till you get frustrated and have to start over anyways. besides, its fun to be at the gym and watch people smaller than you lifting more and doing it wrong. Cause you know theyll be on that same amount in 2 years while i keep making progress.
    Light days?!? what are you...on your period???

Wherestherackat- "Abs are built in the kitchen, not in the gym"

Originally Posted by oatdust View Post

Another thing, if your form currently sucks, you probably can't correct it with the same amount of weight youve been stuck at. drop down for 65% or so of what youve been lifting for a few weeks. focus on doing 10-20 for a while with clean form. once you get there you can start slowly adding more keeping your new form.
    Thanks, will do that