Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Johnchallis View Post
    Stop with the bull****!!!!

if you have 'had coaches teach you correct form'

there is no 'flexibility issue' as you can obviously stretch far enough to get into that form

the ONLY way your falling over everytime with GOOD FORM (which you obviously do not use) is if you've managed to shift the centre of gravity so it pulls you over......

yes being stupid, of course you didnt do that, so learn how to squat.

good day.
    It's not bull****. I've had 2 try to teach me correct form, and 2 experinced weight lifters trying to teach me correct form...

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here's a video of my squat a month ago. People said my form was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk7nWPbkh9Y

Sorry for sideways it was my phone
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had this same problem when I first started squating. My form was wrong and I would lean to far forward and not go deep enough because my calves, hips, groining and shoulder were to tight. So I started doing a lot of stretching on those areas and I lowered the weight a lot. After a couple weeks my weight was back to the same but I was going about 4 inchs deeper with better form. I would say its atleast worth stretching. IF you want I can tell you what stretchs worked for me

RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kona_mtb View Post
    I had this same problem when I first started squating. My form was wrong and I would lean to far forward and not go deep enough because my calves, hips, groining and shoulder were to tight. So I started doing a lot of stretching on those areas and I lowered the weight a lot. After a couple weeks my weight was back to the same but I was going about 4 inchs deeper with better form. I would say its atleast worth stretching. IF you want I can tell you what stretchs worked for me
    Yes, I'd love to know.

Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, just look up some damn stretches for quads, calves, ankles, glutes on google. Not that hard.

And put up a video.

Originally Posted by MilkBender View Post
    Here's a video of my squat a month ago. People said my form was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk7nWPbkh9Y

Sorry for sideways it was my phone
    Your form is mediocre at best, you're not breaking at the hips, you're not sitting back enough, and you're GMing the weight.
    ***** R.I.P Timothy J. Mckenny or Frvrmuscle as you know him *****

Workout log: herp derp

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Airror View Post
    Your form is mediocre at best, you're not breaking at the hips, you're not sitting back enough, and you're GMing the weight.
    Really? People told me it was good O.o

Farley1324 (the guy that "controls" the SS thread I guess" said to use hip drive and it kind of makes it like a GM
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Rainingblood, I can fix every problem you have described in this thread with one sentence:

Stay on your heels

kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50) kona_mtb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RainingBlood View Post
    Yes, I'd love to know.
    Childs pose for the shoulders, runners stretch for the hips, im sure you can think of a calve stretch, frog pose is good for the groin and just pick one for your ass too

JamSauce60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey im just like you!

I cannot squat with proper form. I've tried, and when I do, I fall back. I've had so many experienced lifters try to teach me in person, I just can't. The only time I CAN squat is when I hold onto something. I also have very tight hamstrings, but I don't know if this is a flexibility problem. The only way I can squat without falling back is leaning forward, much more forward, but then my back isn't straight.
    Are there any exercises I can do? Does anyone else have this? I can't even squat my own weight. I'm 6'3 and 190 pounds.
    Im 17 years old and have the same problem dude... when I get close to 90 my entire upper half starts leaning forward then when i get to 90 im leaned right over... my back is straigh just not in the right direction its like im trying to pick something up when i squat. No matter where I look on the internet I cannot find a solution to this. When I use the smith machine to squat its easy as hell I do 225 for reps EASILY with perfect form but when i do normal squats I just lean right forward. I can leg press a **** ton to. And I also cant squat my own body weight. I thought it was because im fat but your not fat at all and have the same problem... im pissed my legs are so strong but i can only use the smith machine to squat.. i have to use like 7 plates on each side for leg press because its to easy and all my coaches and **** tell me to squat instead but i cant... pls tell me if you find a solution dude, what you described is exactly what happens to me! I hate it.

StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongDeadlift is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man this used to happen to me. What you should try is the low bar positioning (you can google this), which allows you to lean further forward than the high bar position. This should counteract the problem of falling backwards. Another thing to try is having a slightly wider stance.

Good luck brah, give these a try and let me know how it goes.

grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JamSauce60 View Post
    Im 17 years old and have the same problem dude... when I get close to 90 my entire upper half starts leaning forward then when i get to 90 im leaned right over... my back is straigh just not in the right direction its like im trying to pick something up when i squat. No matter where I look on the internet I cannot find a solution to this. When I use the smith machine to squat its easy as hell I do 225 for reps EASILY with perfect form but when i do normal squats I just lean right forward. I can leg press a **** ton to. And I also cant squat my own body weight. I thought it was because im fat but your not fat at all and have the same problem... im pissed my legs are so strong but i can only use the smith machine to squat.. i have to use like 7 plates on each side for leg press because its to easy and all my coaches and **** tell me to squat instead but i cant... pls tell me if you find a solution dude, what you described is exactly what happens to me! I hate it.
    Holy sh*t, bump of peace.

Holy fuk blast from the past.
    OP is a *******.
    Attract toxic girls but I'm not toxic crew
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew
    Lana Del Rey > Taylor Swift crew

wpiman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is quite possible that you have a short achilles tendon. It is a medical issue and if everyone in the family has it, it might be hereditary. If you grew a lot over a short period of time-- it is more likely.

Try squatting with a plank under your heel.. You'll see videos and pictures of Arnold doing this. Not sure why he did...

ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArborGold is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds like your flexibility is ****. That or you are doing it wrong. Also, body weight squats require you to place your arms forward to keep your center of mass over the middle of your feet.
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000) grux12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guys, this thread is two years old. Stop necroing it.

I made this thread 2 years ago, guys. I've fixed the issue.

Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Theminatar has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I made this thread 2 years ago, guys. I've fixed the issue.
    Lol well at least you told us. I was just going to say add more weight haha.

Anyways, you should tell us what you did, that way if someone comes across this thread they can try to do the same as you did.
    I'm an angry person, I have anger problems, I take it out on the weights.

Check out my Betancourt D-Stunner Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150214213

Originally Posted by Theminatar View Post
    Lol well at least you told us. I was just going to say add more weight haha.

Anyways, you should tell us what you did, that way if someone comes across this thread they can try to do the same as you did.
    Stretching of the achilles tendon and calves. Falling backwards was a result of not having the ability to have my knee travel past my toes. It simply couldn't travel past my toes, therefore, I couldn't reach par. without falling backwards.

Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50) Franglais will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get weightlifting shoes and stretch daily. In your case, your ankles and probably the issue.

I coulnd't squat below parallel either when I started, long femurs. I'd say my form is pretty good now

timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000) timmzzy1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I cannot squat with proper form. I've tried, and when I do, I fall back. I've had so many experienced lifters try to teach me in person, I just can't. The only time I CAN squat is when I hold onto something. I also have very tight hamstrings, but I don't know if this is a flexibility problem. The only way I can squat without falling back is leaning forward, much more forward, but then my back isn't straight.
    Are there any exercises I can do? Does anyone else have this? I can't even squat my own weight. I'm 6'3 and 190 pounds.
    If you find yourself falling back it usually means that you have a problem with your posterior chain (hamstrings and lowerback) just take a while of squats and work the hell out of them, also try and increase the strength of your abs. And for the love of god put on weight, you shouldnt be 190lbs at 6'3
    "The guy who works harder than anyone else will always have an advantage over the science geek who worries about and plans his training to the T." - fred hatfield (dr.squat)

goonsquadforums.com

Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500) Kraddi is not very helpful. (-500)
    sound like your abs are weak / balance is sheet i have the same problem with OHS squats

lataylor85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Z Gatrel View Post
    Not to be a dick but you can squat you are just telling yourself you cant. Stop with the crappy attitude. Put weight on the bar and squat, overtime your form will improve as your body adapts.
    Sorry got to disagree here. Its not always about attitude. I had the same problem. Cut a long story short, went to a physio, discovered that my glute muscles were not firing off at all so its been a long haul since...3 months and still going with rehab exercises to build up glute muscles which are essential in such an exercise.

patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50) patelvm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not trying to be a dick, but I can't accept the idea that someone falls over when trying to squat without any weight?
    Bench: 245
    Squat: 395
    Deadlift: 405

heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just use a smith machine, it'll take care of the stability part of it for you.

Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mcrum4 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I think RainingBlood can squat by now this threads 2 years old.
    Get real

latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10) latatat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    inafter OP was a *******
    Olympic ball shaver

Originally Posted by lataylor85 View Post
    Sorry got to disagree here. Its not always about attitude. I had the same problem. Cut a long story short, went to a physio, discovered that my glute muscles were not firing off at all so its been a long haul since...3 months and still going with rehab exercises to build up glute muscles which are essential in such an exercise.
    lol
    Originally Posted by patelvm View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, but I can't accept the idea that someone falls over when trying to squat without any weight?
    y not
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew

CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Id suggest lowering your weight or squatting with a belt to make your back more stable and maybe you wouldn't fall back. maybe do some bosu ball to work on your balance. To be honest squatting is one of the most natural movement you can do so its hard to understand how you can fall back.

ZachDaMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you got this
    *Strong Ass Jew Crew?*

I just want to be like you...

I like your hair can I have it?

Originally Posted by CayJutler View Post
    Id suggest lowering your weight or squatting with a belt to make your back more stable and maybe you wouldn't fall back. maybe do some bosu ball to work on your balance. To be honest squatting is one of the most natural movement you can do so its hard to understand how you can fall back.
    i suggest you look at the date this thread was posted. no hate. second time this has been bumped out of no where.
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew