equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hey guys and gals, I need your help please

I am so sorry to post this...because I know this area is for trainers to discuss business, but this is the only way I know I can get a group of professionals to see this at the same time.

Seabass, Al Shades, and BCO2...sit down and shut up, I'll deal with y'all in a minute...because I KNOW what you're gonna say.

I am working very hard to overcome my own obesity and my physical injuries. My mom is 72 and struggling. She has severe arthritis and a blown disc that caused major damaged to the cyatic (sp?) nerve. Although the disc has been repaired, the damage it did cannot be repaired.

My mom, a former orthopedic nurse, someone who retired with a Phd in nursing administration, simply because she wanted to learn, swears that this tape thing helps her. It's called Salonpos...or Salonpas....it's a menthol tape, I think.

Has anyone heard of this? I know menthol is beneficial...but honestly I don't think it does what she says it does. And this is a woman who should know better.

Know, before you come down too hard on me or my mom. The doc took her off the arthritis meds because of stomach problems.I encouraged her, a couple of months ago, to look at Eating For Life for recopies. She can't stomach half the food. The docs aren't very helpful because of the insurance she's on. (Research Kaiser and you'll find a nightmare.)

I asked mom to work out with weights, even if it was the 2lbs barbie pink stuff. (She loves pink and this was better than nothing in my book.)

She started but fell off. If it were me, reading this on an internet post, I'd say, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!

But her insurance is herd organized. Brand the cattle and move them through.

I honestly don't know what to do..my mom is doing what she can...but when that falls apart, she has no where to turn.

So if anyone has heard of this stuff or has experience with it, I would sincerely appreciate your feedback.

[/subject change]

Now, I honestly feel a need to address some things that have been said here.

This is meant towards seabass, Al Shades and BCO2. You have never, ever, addressed injury.

You seem to think the average overweight joe/joe-ette is lazy. The others have touched on the subject but didn't bring it full circle.

So guess what - I am bringing it full circle and I'm going to call you out. What do you suggest an overwight fat a$$ cow like me do to recover from injury so I can ride my horse again?

You see a lot of us fat folks MAY have tried it on our own. We may have cut out the effin burgers and fast food. We may have busted our butts trying to get into shape. And you know what stops us....?

PAIN.

This is ripped groin muscles, this is atrophied hip flexors, this is rotated shoulders because of scoliosis. This is busting your ass until you're in tears and not understanding what is wrong. You stop going forward but start going backward.

WHY? WHY? I'm doing everything I should do according to you, I'm watching my diet and I'm working out. Why is it debilitating? Why can't I get out of bed for two weeks? According to you, I should be able to take a basic idea form the PT and run with it.

Ummm...no...I can't.

Did you hear me I CAN'T! I bust my ass every day in the gym or at TaeKwonDo. And you know what...I can't squat or deadlift!

YET!

As a matter of fact, if we could meet in person, I would happily do so. Just so you could understand the REAL world outside of your bubble.

We're not all lard butts looking for an excuse.

Again my apologies to the real PT's here. I just had to give my input from someone who DOES employ a PT...and who will continue to do so. And one who continues to see success!
    ˙ǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq ǝɯ ʇnd puɐ dn ǝɯ ʞɔıd ǝsɐǝןd 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact."
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Work harder, work smarter. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do both!

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Menthol tape, I have no idea. We don't give medical advice, it's beyond our scope of practice.

Al Shades etc are on people's ignore lists in the personal trainer subforum for the simple reason that they're not trainers and have nothing constructive to say. I don't wander in police forums and say cops are all useless, or chef forums and say why don't people just cook for themselves. That's called being a cocksmock.

So don't mind them, just put them on ignore like everyone else has.

equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Menthol tape, I have no idea. We don't give medical advice, it's beyond our scope of practice.

Al Shades etc are on people's ignore lists in the personal trainer subforum for the simple reason that they're not trainers and have nothing constructive to say. I don't wander in police forums and say cops are all useless, or chef forums and say why don't people just cook for themselves. That's called being a cocksmock.

So don't mind them, just put them on ignore like everyone else has.
    Thanks, Kyle.

And yes, you are right - but my problem is I see these yahoo's insulting personal trainers but along the way they are insulting me as a client.

That is just plain WRONG!

I know for a fact if these yahoos were to try to spend time with me, they couldn't keep up. Let's talk about work, oh no, let's deal with horses, oh no, let's deal with the kid, oh no, let's deal with hubby, oh no, let's deal with TaeKwonDo, oh no, let's deal with FREAKING LIFE!

Here's a thought from an obese person trying to conquer her life and pay for her bad choices.

To solve the obesity in America takes PURE COURAGE!

It's not that the obese person accepts who and what they are. It's that they are terrified to try to CHANGE. Peer pressure is less when you are in status quo. Try to change...and muff it up...you are up for slaughter.

It takes a lot of courage to say, I'm fat...it takes even more courage to say I'm going to do something about it.

Because if you falter...if you make one tiny mistake...everyone, says "I knew you couldn't do it."

And they rejoice in that fact. I guess because it makes them feel better about themselves.

I'm just hacked off because he doesn't give us clients the time of day. Maybe WE CHOOSE to have a work out partner. Maybe WE CHOOSE to learn from a person with a greater education. Oh, I hire a horse trainer...can that person teach me everything I need to know in one lesson?

At least being a PT requires certifications...owning horses requires nothing. That's why it ends up with this!

I just get hacked off because I am that obese person trying to make huge lifestyle changes and it's HARD! It's the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life!

Then I read that by hiring a PT I'm an idiot. I should be able to do this on my own.
    Again, I know this is the PT thread, but as a client, I find this highly offensive.

yeah, I should put the yahoos on ignore...but the good thing is, they made me think about the whole thing.

Probably more than they thought about anything in their minuscule lives.

Sorry for the rant guys - my apologies.
    ˙ǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq ǝɯ ʇnd puɐ dn ǝɯ ʞɔıd ǝsɐǝןd 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact."
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Work harder, work smarter. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do both!