teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

flying and competing

does anyone know what the effects of flying on a plane to a competition? does it effect ur dialing in? and if so how?

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by teamcrazyfit View Post
    does anyone know what the effects of flying on a plane to a competition? does it effect ur dialing in? and if so how?
    Other than being stuck in a cabin full of bad air and germs.....no. How long is your flight? A few hours should have no ill effect....I have flown several times to comps and haven't had a problem. Take your foods, stay hydrated, and avoid catching a bug and you will be fine.
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I fly a lot for work - it shouldn't be a problem as long as you're proactive in bringing the food you need - and an empty water bottle of course.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnBrowne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    other than dehydration there's not much to worry about

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by simpleguy4 View Post
    Other than being stuck in a cabin full of bad air and germs.....no. How long is your flight? A few hours should have no ill effect....I have flown several times to comps and haven't had a problem. Take your foods, stay hydrated, and avoid catching a bug and you will be fine.
    This'll be my first time flying for my next competition

I assume food in tupperware right?

I thought no food on the plane?

Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    I fly a lot for work - it shouldn't be a problem as long as you're proactive in bringing the food you need - and an empty water bottle of course.
    empty water bottle because no liquids up to security and fill in up in the bathroom while waiting on the flight or on the plane right?
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    also did any of you bring your posing rub on tanner and did they allow it on a carry on or did you have to check it in, which costs an extra $25 dollars because it is liquid and since 9/11 liquids are not allowed because terrorist can make napalm and other bombs
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a few things

-fly in on thursday for a saturday show at the latest. The last thing you want is to miss registration and check in because your flight got delayed or canceled.

-air on the plane is dehumidified I believe, thus you will need to drink more compensate.

-assume that 1) the flight will be delayed, canceled, that they will lose your luggage, and everyone on the plane is sick. If you can plan accordingly for that you will be fine.

-Take all your prep essentials in your carry on! Tanner, suit, etc. Nothing worse than having them lose your bag with what you need to compete in it.

-Take extra food and assume the trip will take much longer than you anticipate... especially if you have a connecting flight, try to get a direct flight if you can

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    This'll be my first time flying for my next competition

I assume food in tupperware right?

I thought no food on the plane?

empty water bottle because no liquids up to security and fill in up in the bathroom while waiting on the flight or on the plane right?
    Food is allowed to be carried on...just no liquids other than the allowable amounts. As far as water, they have bottled water on the plane...ask nicely and they will give you all you want.
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    Exactly - tru you can buy water at the gate... if you have 4 dollars... and the water bottles on the planes are about 3oz, even in first class, so probably bring you own.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teamcrazyfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone for the great advise! I'm ending up driving to this show, but will remember all that for my next show if its further away. I'm competing in INBA/PNBA Olympia

OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am flying in for the INBA Olympia in Reno.... how great to know another who will be there
    Natural Figure Champion

Sponsored by

www.assassinnutrition.com.au

www.activewearonline.com.au

www.pke.com.au

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by simpleguy4 View Post
    Food is allowed to be carried on...just no liquids other than the allowable amounts. As far as water, they have bottled water on the plane...ask nicely and they will give you all you want.
    Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    Exactly - tru you can buy water at the gate... if you have 4 dollars... and the water bottles on the planes are about 3oz, even in first class, so probably bring you own.
    "Excuse me, stewardess......can you bring me 21 bottles of water please?"
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50) alex a will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Layne is right man.. carry you stuff on board with you... Posing trunks, music, and food.. Imagine if your luggage didnt arrive with you.. The stress alone would be a disaster..

I would even pack two of the essentials, trunks, music and paperwork.. you never know what could happen.. being prepared is key..

keep in mind of time zone changes and flight delays as mentioned..

P.S dont forget to pack some sheets to lay on the furniture and bed at the hotel..

in 2007 at the nationals in Dallas Texas, that year I checked out of my hotel and was hit with a $500 tagged to my American Express card a few days later, because they had to replace some linens and towels..

For some reason that was the last thing on my mind when i competed that year but its the first thing on my mind now...

solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000) solid252 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Say you are flying out for a few days... how do you pack your food?? Do you freeze it all and put it in a carry on bag/cooler then defrost when you land??? I am going to be having a similar issue in November and want to be able to stick to my prep while travelling, but obivouslly any chicken or refrigerated food would go bad.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    a few things

-fly in on thursday for a saturday show at the latest. The last thing you want is to miss registration and check in because your flight got delayed or canceled.

-air on the plane is dehumidified I believe, thus you will need to drink more compensate.

-assume that 1) the flight will be delayed, canceled, that they will lose your luggage, and everyone on the plane is sick. If you can plan accordingly for that you will be fine.

-Take all your prep essentials in your carry on! Tanner, suit, etc. Nothing worse than having them lose your bag with what you need to compete in it.

-Take extra food and assume the trip will take much longer than you anticipate... especially if you have a connecting flight, try to get a direct flight if you can
    Great post!

I flew into Boston for a show on Wednesday night (show was on Saturday) and my flight was delayed, almost cancelled, and just threw off my timing for my meals and everything else. It's always best to fly in early and allow for "Murphy's Law" because the last thing you want to worry about after all that dieting is to have something like your flight or lost luggage ruin your prep.

Originally Posted by solid252 View Post
    Say you are flying out for a few days... how do you pack your food?? Do you freeze it all and put it in a carry on bag/cooler then defrost when you land??? I am going to be having a similar issue in November and want to be able to stick to my prep while travelling, but obivouslly any chicken or refrigerated food would go bad.
    That's what I did. I froze all my food, then threw it into a cooler bag with some ice packs and packed it into my checked luggage. Keep in mind that the checked luggage under the plane isn't pressurized, so it's freezing cold down there and will keep your food frozen. When I got to Boston, my food was still frozen and I was able to put it right in the the fridge - and yes, I packed 3 days worth of meals Just be sure to have a suite with a fridge!

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer