djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Using pictures off the internet on your website?

Is this right to do? Just take some fitness pictures off the internet and use them on your website?
    "I'm right and you're wrong"
    Signed - The Personal Trainers of BB.Com

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by djz View Post
    Is this right to do? Just take some fitness pictures off the internet and use them on your website?
    It's technically wrong and if the site that owns the material contacts you, you have to remove it immediately. That being said, EVERYONE google images **** for articles and what not. IMO, if you aren't directly profiting from the material you're using the image on, then no harm no foul and the likelihood you'd be accosted is low.

On the other hand, if you're profiting, say, swiping other people's client pictures for testimonials, then that is highly illegal, you can be sued or worse and deserve whatever punishment comes your way for shady dealings.

Hope that explains it

bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennyy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeh mate, you cant realy use them, just try get your own pics. I got in trouble off ebay for having a googled image of a product that is identical to what i was selling. all because it wasnt my pic. so id say you would get in alot of trouble if you had an image on your site that wasnt yours, if the owner found out about it.
    Never give up

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    some photos are available for use for example i think you need to look under "creative commons" (is that right?) on flickr and sites like that, and I believe you're required to credit the copyright owner in a caption under the pic.

personally though i don't want people seeing pics on my site that they've seen ANYWHERE else. You're selling YOURSELF, as in the PERSONAL touch you bring to personal training - not some generic product. I want everything on my site to be a unique experience.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    What everyone already said is right.

That being said, it is very very unlikely that someone will even contact you for using their images 'illegally' ~ a better word is really 'unethically'

Most images you find on Wikipedia are royalty free creative commons images that you can use. Photos on flickr have different licenses, most of the time you can use them by giving credit to whoever took them.....

You can legitly purchase royalty free images from hundreds of sites online such as Getty Images (rip-off priced) iStockPhoto.com (what I use) fotosearch.com etc. etc.

These are 100% professional, 99% very high quality images that you can often get for a couple bucks each (depending on size)

... The conundrum is....

Most images you find on other people's websites (google images) have been purchased from one of these companies, and often recycled a few times so, even if you didn't purchase them and you use them on your site, there is really no way in Hades that anyone will find out you used the images w/ out paying for them
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | Facebook.com/askthetrainercom

MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just use a website like istockphoto.com and be done with it, especially if you are using the image for something related to your business.

If its just a personal blog or something you have and your not aiming to make any money from it then go ahead and use whatever you like, but if your making money spend the $1-2 it will cost you to use the image, and save yourself from the possible problems you could run into further down the road

djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No i didnt mean using other trainers pics and claiming them as mine in my testimonials

what i mean was photos of say some ladies waistline with a measuring tape around it, a photo of a lady sitting who is pregnant etc.
    "I'm right and you're wrong"
    Signed - The Personal Trainers of BB.Com

MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaxNRG_PT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this for your own personal blog or is this for your business/personal training website?

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No i didnt mean using other trainers pics and claiming them as mine in my testimonials

what i mean was photos of say some ladies waistline with a measuring tape around it, a photo of a lady sitting who is pregnant etc.
    Like I said, in that case it's technically wrong, but everyone does it and the chances of you getting accosted by the picture owner is nil. Even if they DO contact you, the worst they can do is ask you to take it down, and as long as you comply within a reasonable period of time that will be that.

equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lot's of copyright stuff all of a sudden. lol! I hope I'm not driving y'all nuts.

"Everyone does it" but please be very careful with this advice. Photo editing software is getting better and better about watermark technology. Basically, someone puts an invisible watermark in their pic and registers it with an online program for a fee. The program goes out and searches the internet for this watermark, and reports back if it finds it.

I know what my luck would be if it was me - I'd run into the one jerk who wanted to make my life miserable rather than simply ask me to take it down. Hopefully, your luck would be better than mine.
    ˙ǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq ǝɯ ʇnd puɐ dn ǝɯ ʞɔıd ǝsɐǝןd 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact."
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Work harder, work smarter. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do both!

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    +1 for istockphoto. Don't be such cheapasses. It's not expensive, got nothing to worry about, and the photos are better than what 99% of Google search returns anyway. They're in business for a reason.