Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

How many of you would workout...

In a more "hardcore" type of gym like the MetroFlex where you can yell, use chalk, pump hard and where people dont pay you any attention because they're too busy working out to notice. You're longest conversation is "could you spot me?" and "hey, thanks for the spot."

Plays frisbee with 45's.

★US Air Force Veterans Crew★

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DHFX View Post
    In a more "hardcore" type of gym like the MetroFlex where you can yell, use chalk, pump hard and where people dont pay you any attention because they're too busy working out to notice. You're longest conversation is "could you spot me?" and "hey, thanks for the spot."

Would consider moving house to be closer to said gym such that I could train there.
    Would also consider pitching tent in corner if said gym allowed me to (sort of srs)...

nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50) nimble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VideoBateman View Post
    Have a baby by me baby, be a millionaire
    inb4ban/white knights
    *Green Tea Crew*

lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000) lzer00nel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    Would consider moving house to be closer to said gym such that I could train there.
    Would also consider pitching tent in corner if said gym allowed me to (sort of srs)...
    "pitching a tent" is kind of frowned on at the gym. Well, it is if youre a man... especially one in the corner...

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no problem with those kind of gyms. If it has the equipment I need, it's a win. My current gym is a amusement park type "fitness center." But it also has what I need, is affordable, and most importantly, is in close proximity to work and home.

My criteria are: proximity
    availabilty of equipment
    affordability
    childcare

If a hard-core gym had all those, I'd be all over it. I can't picture a hard-core gym with a Kiddie Room.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    If a hard-core gym had all those, I'd be all over it. I can't picture a hard-core gym with a Kiddie Room.
    ^^This.

A regular member of my gym is a serious fitness competitor. I can't speak for her, but when she's dropping off her daughter in the kiddie room, I'm sure she feels thankful that there are gyms out there to accomodate her needs.

Just because many of us don't go to those gyms, doesn't mean we're not "hardcore"
    "The Way Out Is Through"

Digital Bath Explained: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmPBuSpmfA

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd love to go to a gym like that but my main concern is proximity and cost. Which is why I just work out at home.

Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I miss my old weight room I work out at a 24 hour gym now and its really hard to get pumped up. In high school it was testosterone centeral, blasting the local rock station. Took an advanced weight lifting class (and atheletic development) for two years. It was basically just all the atheletes and a few other people that were really into lifting. It was pretty awesome, no show boating went on. If you did the weight coach would run you into the ground lol. Says "If your not going to lift right, you better get your ass out of my gym." oh and we yelled and grunted and almost everything in between lol

If I had it my way I would have a spot on every set of my lifts, but can't do that to easy at the 24 hour gym.

GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GMM74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Id be all on it. I prefer this kind of atmosphere.

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Me too

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I do all the time (workout at metroflex that is). Sadly both the Ft. Worth and the Arlington locations are a little far for me to go on a daily basis but we sometimes make it there on the weekends. To me it is a real gym. It may not be fancy, the equipment may be old, but they have everything you could need in a gym (kegs, yolk, tires and sleds included).

Seriously one of the best gyms ever but it is actually second to the Witchita Falls Athletic Club with is owned by Mark Rippetoe. His gym has bumper plates, multiple olympic squatting racks, tires outside, etc. After going there i wanted to move to Witchita falls just to workout there.

viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Me too... except Id commandeer a bench press somewhere on the sides and keep my pillow underneath it, no tent necessary.

DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DHFX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Linds33 View Post
    I do all the time (workout at metroflex that is). Sadly both the Ft. Worth and the Arlington locations are a little far for me to go on a daily basis but we sometimes make it there on the weekends. To me it is a real gym. It may not be fancy, the equipment may be old, but they have everything you could need in a gym (kegs, yolk, tires and sleds included).
    I've spoken to Brian a few times on the phone and he seems like a super nice guy and runs a real nice gym taylored to serious lifters/competiors. In my area it's very hard to find a gym like this as the majority of them are "fitness centers" with misc people mulling about doing random things. And who could forget Planet Fitness and what I call their "go hide in a corner and dont say a word until you leave" policy of no yelling, loud talking weight droping ect...

My other pet peve is the soft whinny music these places belt out, man alive it makes you want to take a nap not get pumped. Im not really a headphones kinda guy but I guess I'll have to learn if I want that musical motivation we all need when pushing hard.

I leave you with one of my favorite training clips of Ronnie doing what he does best at MetroFlex.

Last edited by DHFX; 09-21-2010 at 11:09 AM.
    Plays frisbee with 45's.

soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) soopamyko has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I Trained at metroflex arlington and plano on special occasions. hardcore for real.
    PROSUPPS BOARD REP

RESULTS PERIOD!!!
    http://www.prosupps.com/

BB.com store:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pro-supps.html

Offcial Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/ProSupps

Follow us on Instagram:
    @Prosupps_llc

SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As long as there was a shower so I can rush back to work, I would feel like I'd died and gone to heaven in a place like that.

Ass busting work + consistency + time = results. -Lyle M.

Originally Posted by SJBC View Post
    As long as there was a shower so I can rush back to work, I would feel like I'd died and gone to heaven in a place like that.
    X2. Just the atmosphere alone would add another 10 lbs to my bench and 100 lbs to my legs.
    No more listening to soft country and slow dance songs over the speakers...sorry ladies but I need serious musical motivation when training.

Lightweight... lightweight babyy!
    Plays frisbee with 45's.

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    X2. Just the atmosphere alone would add another 10 lbs to my bench and 100 lbs to my legs.
    No more listening to soft country and slow dance songs over the speakers...sorry ladies but I need serious musical motivation when training.

Lightweight... lightweight babyy!
    Yeaaaaahhhh Buddyyyyyyy!

I know that the Metroflex in Ft. Worth has a shower but not sure about the original. I know it has a bathroom!

They play the best music there too. Good hard workout music that makes you want to lift heavy stuff. I HATE the stuff they play at LA Fitness and the likes...lots of really bad techno and pop.

You need to take a "gym trip" to texas cuz we seem to ahve some great places to workout here. I can think of at least 5 cool fyms in the DFW metroplex (6 if i am allowed to count WFAC).

pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pryncess77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I lived in Colorado, I trained at Armbrust Pro Gym....seriously hardcore... Nothing more motivational than being on the stairmill next to a very angry looking Heather Armbrust at 7am. That's where I really learned to just TRAIN and block out the world. I see these posts about the "happenings" at a local gym and I think to myself "how do you even notice????". Someone could streak naked past me in the gym and it probably wouldn't catch my eye.
    The only way to predict the future is to create it

jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasonnyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I think a hardcore gym would be awesome like that one.
    I work out in NYC and all these chain gyms play the quiet music etc etc.

Only trust a few folks if I need a spot.

A hard core gym like that would motivate me 100 times more. But im getting some good gains since starting back and feeling pretty intense into my work outs.

Cheers great subject.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pryncess77 View Post
    Someone could streak naked past me in the gym and it probably wouldn't catch my eye.
    I train pretty intensely and I still think I'd notice a streaker.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would love a gym like this, mine is disappointing to say the least, more machines and cardio equipment than free weights, best one for miles though so no choice.
    Alcohol/Drug dependency/depression issues? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170391771 There is hope.

***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

fapping wilst on knees beaucephus's Avatar
    beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beaucephus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Usually 2x's a week I sneak off to here to train http://www.cuttingedgeathletics.com/facility.htm

I'm often one of 2 or 3 people in the place.

I'm kind of a quiet person though, so even though I could yell at the top of my lungs, I tend to not make too much noise.
    10k+

Yeaaaaahhhh Buddyyyyyyy!

They play the best music there too. Good hard workout music that makes you want to lift heavy stuff. I HATE the stuff they play at LA Fitness and the likes...lots of really bad techno and pop.

You need to take a "gym trip" to texas cuz we seem to ahve some great places to workout here. I can think of at least 5 cool fyms in the DFW metroplex (6 if i am allowed to count WFAC).
    Heh, are you tellin me... Man alive it's to the point where I'm gonig to have just go buy an ipod and load to the gills of hard music, the current batch of easy listening stuff is killin me!
    Many peopel may ont realize or consider it but atmosphere is half the battle, you walk into a place where people are just loafing around doing random exersizes or just chatting it kills your buzz. Now flip that around, you walk in and weights are bein thrown/slammed, people motivating one another.. "C'mon man one more rep!! lets go!!!" You see that and submerse yourself it in and its GAME ON x10.

Seems Trish Warren and Jenny Lynn like the "Flex of Metro" too.
    Plays frisbee with 45's.

Heh, are you tellin me... Man alive it's to the point where I'm gonig to have just go buy an ipod and load to the gills of hard music, the current batch of easy listening stuff is killin me!
    Many peopel may ont realize or consider it but atmosphere is half the battle, you walk into a place where people are just loafing around doing random exersizes or just chatting it kills your buzz. Now flip that around, you walk in and weights are bein thrown/slammed, people motivating one another.. "C'mon man one more rep!! lets go!!!" You see that and submerse yourself it in and its GAME ON x10.

Seems Trish Warren and Jenny Lynn like the "Flex of Metro" too.
    Branch and Trish have been seen there before . I think they do a Branch Weekend and a Ronnie Weekend every year at MetroFlex.

Barbie Barbell has hit up Metroflex before too i believe!! And if you go there the day after soem of the local shows they usually do photoshoots and other sorts of fun stuff (NPC and IFBB after the Europa!).

Atmosphere is VERY important to me. I know a lot of people that need to ahve certain classes at their gym, fancy locker rooms, even hair salons. I wasnt my gym to be as hardcore and "barebones" as possible. I have trained at some pretty fancy places and didn't feel like i was even able to workout. My boyfriends and i did the free two weeks at one of the fancy gyms just cuz we could (they had waterslides so we got our free money's worth). We pretty much only went there to use the climbing wall and the waterslides because every time he would go to do deadlifts and would make a little bit of noise with the barbell the people that worked there would come up to him and tell him they were going to kick him out. He wasn't dropping the weights either, or making grunting noises.

Places like WFAC where they have bumper plates don't really like it when you throw the weights but preffer that you drop them in a controlled manner if need be which is understandable sinxe you don't want a barbell with 200lbs on it bouncing all over the place.

Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Johnlove is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

these guys sux...they are like playing around in the gyn
    current stack: cellucor whey, cellucor bcaa, cellucor creatine, cellucor p6 red,cellucor c4

AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieQLD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looks like the perfect place to workout. Right atmosphere and mix of people and music.

Was in melbourne recently and trained at Dohertrys City Gym... best atmosphere for a gym that I trained in within australia to date so far.

Heck, I would settle for my current fitness centre/gym to play some Metallica like in the clip instead of the rave/house/techno/rap that they play all the time.

Branch and Trish have been seen there before . I think they do a Branch Weekend and a Ronnie Weekend every year at MetroFlex.

Barbie Barbell has hit up Metroflex before too i believe!! And if you go there the day after soem of the local shows they usually do photoshoots and other sorts of fun stuff (NPC and IFBB after the Europa!).
    Sounds good, would make the trip out to TX well worth it during a weekend like that. I think most here can agree that we're all past the "fitness club" lure where you walk in an its like a hotel sweet.
    Plays frisbee with 45's.

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by digitalbath11 View Post
    ^^This.

A regular member of my gym is a serious fitness competitor. I can't speak for her, but when she's dropping off her daughter in the kiddie room, I'm sure she feels thankful that there are gyms out there to accomodate her needs.

Just because many of us don't go to those gyms, doesn't mean we're not "hardcore"
    Note to self: Create a nationwide chain of gyms with a Metroflex atmosphere that has free/affordable day-care. Also have small scales in the day-care so babies can be weighed on a weekly basis. They can be used as equipment for when we run out of kettlebells.
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com

equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) equestrian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by broad.stance View Post
    Note to self: Create a nationwide chain of gyms with a Metroflex atmosphere that has free/affordable day-care. Also have small scales in the day-care so babies can be weighed on a weekly basis. They can be used as equipment for when we run out of kettlebells.
    Great idea! Note there are already exercises out there a mom can do with her child...they are fun for both. But also note if you do this, have plenty of nappy wipes on hand. Babies who giggle a lot have a tendency to puke.
    ˙ǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq ǝɯ ʇnd puɐ dn ǝɯ ʞɔıd ǝsɐǝןd 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact."
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Work harder, work smarter. There is absolutely no reason why I can't do both!

Originally Posted by broad.stance View Post
    I'd like to make a chain of gyms called "Inferno". Nothing but hardcore all around from sun up to sundown and yes it would have an area for parents to drop their kids off BUT the cut off would be around 5 or 6pm. After that the room would close and no more kids allowed because I noticed the real hardcore people come in around that time and it would be too dangerous having kids around even if they were in a seperate room.

In my gym you could chalk, yell, grunt, lift hard, drop weights (to a degree) and just do what you need to do to reach your goal everything from losing weight and toning up to bodybuilding and power lifting.
    100lb plates....lightweight baby.

I'll even have a place for animals too...

Plays frisbee with 45's.