welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how much can the average rugby player lift...

hey guys. do any of you guys have any figures of the weight average professional rugby players lift(seperate backs and forwards)for DEADLIFT, Bench and SQUAT? i think it would be interesting to compare profesionals strength and school boy level strength. when i see them on TV sometimes i just think they would be incredibly strong.
    Body Weight 11 stone

Dead Lift 190kg

Standing Military Press 70kg

Open Ear and Closed Fist C--Bass's Avatar
    C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Differs

There are different kinds of strength...I bet that OVERALL strength would go to the Islanders of Tonga, Samoa, and Fiji. They hit the hardest therefore they have the strongest legs and backs.
    There are several blokes who compete in the World's Strongest Man that were former rugby players in England.

I bet most prop-forwards can squat 600, bench 350, and DL 500.

Kaish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kaish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Andrew Sheridan (England & Sale prop) benches 500, not sure of his other numbers. I posted a link a few weeks ago which outlined the minumum strength requirements for consideration for the Springboks.
    As C--Bass said, all the front row forwards for the Islanders and NZ are absolute monsters by genetics - those guys are just naturally big.

I'm sure any elite front row forward could DL more than 500 if they'd been training it specifically for any length of time, their back strength is insane.

5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by C--Bass View Post
    There are different kinds of strength...I bet that OVERALL strength would go to the Islanders of Tonga, Samoa, and Fiji. They hit the hardest therefore they have the strongest legs and backs.
    There are several blokes who compete in the World's Strongest Man that were former rugby players in England.

I bet most prop-forwards can squat 600, bench 350, and DL 500.
    Uh, shouldn't their DL be more than their squat? That's how it normally is.

Just sayin..........
    And even though I'm still bleedin Im gonna keep comin' at you cause I'm still breathin

tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dead over 500..... I don't BP I do overhead lifts and I squat 450ish (hovers between 425-450)
    http://www.lirugby.com

Atheism (n): What makes sense.

5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5-8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tightheadprop View Post
    I dead over 500..... I don't BP I do overhead lifts and I squat 450ish (hovers between 425-450)
    that's weird.

But it's still not 100 Ibs. apart.

Why don't you bench?
    And even though I'm still bleedin Im gonna keep comin' at you cause I'm still breathin

PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhazenFFect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is an interesting article. It show the Springbok's minimum stats to be allowed to play test rugby.

How fast, strong and fit the Boks must be

Springbok coach Jake White has given the players a minimum target to reach by May when it comes to strength and conditioning.

According to keo.co.za Jake White has been kind in his targets for the Boks. He could have made entrance tougher but he does need to field 22 players in the first test against Ireland in June.

Advertisement
    White emphasised that the requirements were the bare minimum for a player to be considered physically strong and fast enough to play test rugby. He expects the players to exceed the targets.

Props will have to run the 10 metres in 1.8 seconds and the 40 metres in 5.65 seconds. They must push 150 kilograms in bench press (1 rep maximum) and squat 180 kilograms. The props' vertical jump must be 55cm.

Hookers must run the 10 metres in 1.75 and the 40 in 5.5 seconds, push 150 kilograms in the bench press and squat 180 kilograms. The vertical jump must be 60cm.

Locks must also run the 10 in 1.75, the 40 in 5.5 seconds, push 150 in the bench and squat 160 kilograms. The vertical jump has to be 65cm.

Loose forwards: 1.72 seconds in the 10 metres, 5.3 seconds in the 40 metres, 130 kilograms in the bench and 160 kilograms in a maximum squat. Vertical jump: 63cm.

Centres: 1.65 seconds in the 10 metres, 5.20 in the 40 metres, 130 kg's in the bench press and 160 in the squat. Vertical jump: 65cm.

Wings: 1.65 seconds in the 10 metres, 5.10 seconds in the 40 metres, 130 kg bench press, 160 kg squat and a vertical jump of 68cm.

The Skinfold standard and bleep test levels are:
    Props are allowed 12% body fat; hookers 11%, locks 12%; loose forwards 10%; and the backs 9%.

ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ri0t67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PhazenFFect View Post
    Here is an interesting article. It show the Springbok's minimum stats to be allowed to play test rugby.
    *sigh*

Looks like my youthful assessment of my base condition to play with the big boys wasn't off after all. Ah well, those days are far gone...

I always thought I'd look cool wearing a Wasps or Saracens uni---LOL

Edit-

At the time:
    Weight- 255 lbs.
    Bench- 390 lbs. (265 for reps)
    Squat- 525 lbs. (315 for reps)
    Vert- 36 inches

Never had been timed for sprints, but I could always keep up with most backs for short distances (inside of 50m)
    Last edited by ri0t67; 01-31-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: additional info
    There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?

N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Most pros will bench between 150-180kg, but like everything there are exceptions to the rule. Some wingers can put up 150x3, but at the same time bench and squats numbers aren't important like in a lot of other sports. Quite frankly, no one cares, just like 40m times aren't the be all and end all.

On a side note, the fijiian team had to lower their mimimum requirements because only one prop could squat the minimum they wanted, 180kg (400lbs).

deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100) deltaforce is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ri0t67 View Post
    *sigh*

Looks like my youthful assessment of my base condition to play with the big boys wasn't off after all. Ah well, those days are far gone...

I always thought I'd look cool wearing a Wasps or Saracens uni---LOL

Edit-

At the time:
    Weight- 255 lbs.
    Bench- 390 lbs. (265 for reps)
    Squat- 525 lbs. (315 for reps)
    Vert- 36 inches

Never had been timed for sprints, but I could always keep up with most backs for short distances (inside of 50m)
    you remind me of a young bear

Of The Clan Of Christ. Uber-neggR's Avatar
    Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 5-8 View Post
    Uh, shouldn't their DL be more than their squat? That's how it normally is.

Just sayin..........
    Not for everyone.
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 5-8 View Post
    that's weird.

But it's still not 100 Ibs. apart.

Why don't you bench?
    I do a lot of Push Presses and Clean and Jerks.... IMO they are better for strength building than the bench.
    http://www.lirugby.com

Atheism (n): What makes sense.

Open Ear and Closed Fist C--Bass's Avatar
    C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C--Bass has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tighthead is right on the $

I played hooker for the Midwest Thunderbirds and at the time, my lifts were:
    BP 310
    Squat 490
    DL 500
    Age 24
    Clean(floor) 290

The thing is that they did not look at ANY Of these. They look at Anarobic capacity such as 400's, miles, and the dreaded bleep test) Of which I was in the 13-14's. I was a All American wrestler in college so muscle endurance was probably my best ally being that there was a lot of hookers that were much stronger than me.
    Plus they made us wear a tracker that helped them assess where we were on the pitch when there was break-downs.

Just my .02

Cheers,
    C--Bass

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    im a 16 year old hooker
    bench: 180
    squat: 390
    DL: 305

Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000) Uber-neggR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Veeshmack View Post
    im a 16 year old hooker
    Working the streets at such a young age must be tough.
    Isaiah 43:2: When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.

Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000) Veeshmack is just really nice. (+1000)
    lmao, yeah
    i get that alot

its a good one tho, its jus my position in rugby, but it sounds nice and funny when ppl ask what i do

LOL, I can imagine.

Chippy7rugger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chippy7rugger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chippy7rugger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chippy7rugger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chippy7rugger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chippy7rugger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

i'm 17 and i play flanker what is the ideal stats for someone my age?

i would really like to find out what the udeal stats are for some one my age like weight body fat etc for a flanker that is.......

TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Prop
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 550
    DL: 550 (I can one rep around 700, for reps (2-3) it's 550)
    “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.” -Mark Twain

Check out my Reviews and Log Links:

http://teamx13pt.blogspot.com/

samueljnash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) samueljnash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) samueljnash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) samueljnash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) samueljnash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) samueljnash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile boks article

Originally Posted by PhazenFFect View Post
    have you got a link to the books article i can't find it any where and wanna use it for some work. cheers

daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50) daxpwn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    16 year old scrum-half/ fly-half
    160 lbs
    Squat 235
    Bench 165
    Deadlift 325
    no idea about my sprinted times but i think my vert is around 30"

kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kaizenbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.topendsports.com/sport/le...ng-knights.htm

^^Statistics from the Newcastle Knights rugby team testing.
    Physical, Mental, Financial and Social Self-Improvement Thread (GTFIH if you want to improve yourself) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146594863

PaulyBolger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just jumping in here, you don't need to be strong to be a good rugby player, technique triumphs over everything.

And Cian Healy (Leinster and ireland) could bench 160kg (352lb) in 6th year in school.

noXXXsuppz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A guy that plays wing for the super rugby team the chiefs who goes to my local gym reps 50kg dumbbells for dumbell bench press

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by noXXXsuppz View Post
    A guy that plays wing for the super rugby team the chiefs who goes to my local gym reps 50kg dumbbells for dumbell bench press
    I'm sorry, but using your first post to resurrect a crappy old, dead thread is pretty ordinary.

Lukedaviesno7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by welshace13 View Post
    hey guys. do any of you guys have any figures of the weight average professional rugby players lift(seperate backs and forwards)for DEADLIFT, Bench and SQUAT? i think it would be interesting to compare profesionals strength and school boy level strength. when i see them on TV sometimes i just think they would be incredibly strong.

ive heard george north can bench 90-100kg dumbbells in training. As well as that the big english prop, sheridan i think can bench 225kgs for one(from memory i think thats right.) I'm a 16 year old 6/8 and i can bench 103kg(225lbs) and deadlift 160kg(350lbs). Really outs your strength into perspective when you got guys like that!

krazazn813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazazn813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazazn813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh man the glorious days of playing rugby..

Used to play 8-man in college but I've gained a ton of strength since the year and a half I've been out.

I'm doing :
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 405ish (Haven't maxed in a while)
    Deadlift: 535

cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cthulhupun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I heard that the average rugby player can deadlift six men at once.
    Aaron Bennett
    Denver Harlequins Rugby
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #29 -!!!---!!!-