Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Tell me all about sugar!

Should I not take any when I am going to bed, does it make you bloated, how much sugar is bad?

Please post links about sugar, (I searched and could not find).

Pretty much every night before I go to bed I take a protein smoothie which has a banana, a strawberry, half a cup of fruit juice, and my protein, which is about 33g of sugar. And I got to thinking that is probably a bad idea.

So I really want to know everything about sugar. Please help.

Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tomi_Li View Post
    Should I not take any when I am going to bed, does it make you bloated, how much sugar is bad?

Please post links about sugar, (I searched and could not find).

Pretty much every night before I go to bed I take a protein smoothie which has a banana, a strawberry, half a cup of fruit juice, and my protein, which is about 33g of sugar. And I got to thinking that is probably a bad idea.

So I really want to know everything about sugar. Please help.
    33grams of sugar is a very bad idea. (its almost like drinking a can of coke)
    Sugar and fats are the 2 bad things
    try to take as less sugar as possible, it can only make you fat.

Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Yanis View Post
    33grams of sugar is a very bad idea.
    Thought fats were good? I am bulking if it matters.

But yea, I don't like milk, but decided to try out a half a cup of milk, protein, and some strawberries tonight. About 11g of sugar for a protein shake. Probably stick with that from now on. But I still want to know everything about sugar.

Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000) Yanis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tomi_Li View Post
    Thought fats were good? I am bulking if it matters.

But yea, I don't like milk, but decided to try out a half a cup of milk, protein, and some strawberries tonight. About 11g of sugar for a protein shake. Probably stick with that from now on. But I still want to know everything about sugar.
    Some fats are good like peanut-butter, most are not. ( whole milk also got like 12g of sugar and 8g of fat 2,5 sat fat)
    Just use water bro, can't go wrong with that.
    Last edited by Yanis; 09-12-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Natty, Umad brah? Backtothestack's Avatar
    Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500)
    If its in your macros then go for it.

Others will say you can better replace those 132 calories of sugar with a better carb/higher protein/ or healthier fat. Do what works for you so long as its within your calorie allowance.
    Colorblind. Reps are for the gym.

Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000) Ncsketch is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Yanis View Post
    33grams of sugar is a very bad idea. (its almost like drinking a can of coke)
    is this guy fukcing serious?

wow. do some reading before you go around giving advice man.
    NSCA-CPT

"There is no such thing as firming and toning only stronger or weaker"

Cyclo Bolan Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138956043

Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ncsketch View Post
    is this guy fukcing serious?

wow. do some reading before you go around giving advice man.
    Sounds like someone else needs to do some reading. Lets resort to science to explain. Sugar in itself is not a bad thing, it simply needs to be more understood before we decide if this particular person needs to be eating it or not. When you ingest sugar, lets assume sucrose, which is the stuff that you put in your coffee, it is actually a molecule of glucose bonded to a molecule of fructose. Once inside your body, these two molecules separate and act on their own, each causing a release of insulin from your pancreas. Insulin is a very anabolic hormone, though it shouldn't be confused with sex hormones. It is a peptide hormone that causes an increase in the uptake of nutrients in your body. This includes shuttling glucose, creatine phosphate and amino acids into muscles, but also increasing the deposition of fat in adipose tissue. Now, since you are barely 120 lbs, I will take a guess and say that you are not an overweight person. Also, you mentioned that you are currently bulking. Taking in extra calories from sugar, especially in the small amount that you mentioned, will certainly not turn you into the michelin man anytime soon. I would continue to drink your smoothie, and if you begin to gain more fat than you would like, make changes at that time.
    Everyone has a six pack. Most people just keep theirs covered.

Id like to bump this.

MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500) MrMcCarthy is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Nick Helm View Post
    Sounds like someone else needs to do some reading. Lets resort to science to explain. Sugar in itself is not a bad thing, it simply needs to be more understood before we decide if this particular person needs to be eating it or not. When you ingest sugar, lets assume sucrose, which is the stuff that you put in your coffee, it is actually a molecule of glucose bonded to a molecule of fructose. Once inside your body, these two molecules separate and act on their own, each causing a release of insulin from your pancreas. Insulin is a very anabolic hormone, though it shouldn't be confused with sex hormones. It is a peptide hormone that causes an increase in the uptake of nutrients in your body. This includes shuttling glucose, creatine phosphate and amino acids into muscles, but also increasing the deposition of fat in adipose tissue. Now, since you are barely 120 lbs, I will take a guess and say that you are not an overweight person. Also, you mentioned that you are currently bulking. Taking in extra calories from sugar, especially in the small amount that you mentioned, will certainly not turn you into the michelin man anytime soon. I would continue to drink your smoothie, and if you begin to gain more fat than you would like, make changes at that time.
    wtfisthis****

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)