Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What ever happened to good 'ole fashion diet and Exercise?

In my short 27 years on this planet I have seen my fair share of interesting fad diets and quick cures for weight loss, but it seems like they are getting stranger aand stranger and a lot more dangerous/silly.

I have had a few co-workers do odd diets where they fasted on monday, drank protein on tuesday, ate veggies on wednesday and then started to add in regular foods for the rest of the week. That to me made no sense however after about 2 weeks they caved and started to eat "normal" again.

Now I have some corworkers that are doing the HCG Human chorionic gonadotropin) "diet". They basically get HCG injections from their doctor (which i believe costs about $2000) and are on a 500 calorie a day diet. Now these aren't people who need to loose a ton of weight and some of them really don't need to loose any weight! (and even then i wouldn't condone this). These are both males and females and their medical doctors are actually advising them to do this!!!

What ever happened to eating less and moving more? Why is it that people are turning to diet and programs such as this instead of going to the gym a few times a week and limiting what they eat within reason (ie: eating enough to create a deficit, but not a 500 calorie a day diet).

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree completely.

People just like to over-complicate and over-think things. In reality, nothing has really changed...we haven't evolved, suddenly needing some magical solution to all our problems. It's always been the same. Eat well, train hard, have patience, get results.

And I won't even get into details about people and their neurotic eating habits. "Oh noez, I ate a cookie and now I'm going to gain 10395930923479 lbs!"
    ^_^

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    We're a nation who values instant gratification.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Linds33 View Post
    What ever happened to eating less and moving more? Why is it that people are turning to diet and programs such as this instead of going to the gym a few times a week and limiting what they eat within reason (ie: eating enough to create a deficit, but not a 500 calorie a day diet).
    Not flashy, sexy, fast or new. Thus no one is interested.
    -

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Not flashy, sexy, fast or new. Thus no one is interested.
    Hey, I've seen some brand new barbells that were sexy, new, flashy....
    ^_^

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Hey, I've seen some brand new barbells that were sexy, new, flashy....
    Yeah, but they weren't gimmicky or promising flat abs in 5 minutes, eh?

And I get where you're coming from. When our new barbell got delivered last month, I grinned like a maniac. So. Pretty. If barbells can be pretty.
    -

MrsBieszad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I totally agree with you, OP! I've had the same number of years as you, and seen and tried many quirky diets. It seems like we are all ready and willing to believe in magic/miracle/secret/new things when it comes to weight loss. We want the results without the work-- and make hucksters like that "doctor" rich with our gullibility.

Three cheers for bodybuilding and proper nutrition!

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MrsBieszad View Post
    I totally agree with you, OP! I've had the same number of years as you, and seen and tried many quirky diets. It seems like we are all ready and willing to believe in magic/miracle/secret/new things when it comes to weight loss. We want the results without the work-- and make hucksters like that "doctor" rich with our gullibility.

Three cheers for bodybuilding and proper nutrition!
    Same. At the moment there is a guy at my work drinking diet tea from some temple in China and he says it made his aunty lose 20kg!

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think that alot of people think that if it was made by science,man or in a lab it must be better and a good thing to do. Its every were now, people are doing less and less and creating "things" that do it for them and leaving behind a very important part of being human. Sorry if this sounds odd, I just think as a society we are handicapping ourselves with all this "stuff".

RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Now I have some corworkers that are doing the HCG Human chorionic gonadotropin) "diet". They basically get HCG injections from their doctor (which i believe costs about $2000) and are on a 500 calorie a day diet.
    Because there are 'doctors' who endorse ^this^ kind of garbage.

And, like Simpy said, we want it now and without effort.
    DAYUM!!!

"Be stronger than your vagina"

Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enneagram1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm almost a dietitian (2 more months of study) and HEAPS of people come up to me all the time and ask me what the "secret" is to weight loss. I literally tell them:

"eat less, move more"

They are usually unimpressed. If they push for more answers I tell them that the first step is to become aware of their eating habits. I ask them to log everything they eat for 3 days and tally up the energy and whatnot. That's when I get the "Oh but that's too much trouble, I don't have time to do that, isn't there something else I can do"

Obviously if they were a client, I'd work with them properly. But for the multiple people that just approach me for the 'secret', they walk away unimpressed.

On a side note - a had a girl ask me once how she could lose 10kg within a week of two. I suggested that she cut her leg off

MrsBieszad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Enneagram1 View Post
    On a side note - a had a girl ask me once how she could lose 10kg within a week of two. I suggested that she cut her leg off
    Lol-- So funny! :-)

danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50) danibel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my short 27 years on this planet I have seen my fair share of interesting fad diets and quick cures for weight loss, but it seems like they are getting stranger aand stranger and a lot more dangerous/silly.

I have had a few co-workers do odd diets where they fasted on monday, drank protein on tuesday, ate veggies on wednesday and then started to add in regular foods for the rest of the week. That to me made no sense however after about 2 weeks they caved and started to eat "normal" again.

Now I have some corworkers that are doing the HCG Human chorionic gonadotropin) "diet". They basically get HCG injections from their doctor (which i believe costs about $2000) and are on a 500 calorie a day diet. Now these aren't people who need to loose a ton of weight and some of them really don't need to loose any weight! (and even then i wouldn't condone this). These are both males and females and their medical doctors are actually advising them to do this!!!

I'm willing to cut these folks a little slack. Almost everyone wants to change her body in some way, but most of the time, she might not know how to get there.

For a long time, I, too, thought I was eating less and moving more. But all I was doing was a little bit of cardio a few times a week and eating "healthier." I ended up putting on 15 lbs. I was completely baffled and disheartened; I really thought I was following the spirit of that basic truism.

I did a little research and had a few epiphanies. That was my solution. But I can sympathize with those who prefer to have others do the research FOR them and present them with a set of easy steps to follow, which is almost always one of these (often expensive) fad diets.

I guess the suggestion to "eat less and move more" isn't always as intuitive as it seems. Or maybe I'm just that dumb. =\

/coolstorybro

Suzanne813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm almost a dietitian (2 more months of study) and HEAPS of people come up to me all the time and ask me what the "secret" is to weight loss. I literally tell them:

"eat less, move more"

They are usually unimpressed. If they push for more answers I tell them that the first step is to become aware of their eating habits. I ask them to log everything they eat for 3 days and tally up the energy and whatnot. That's when I get the "Oh but that's too much trouble, I don't have time to do that, isn't there something else I can do"

Obviously if they were a client, I'd work with them properly. But for the multiple people that just approach me for the 'secret', they walk away unimpressed.

I experience the same reactions. When people ask me how I lost so much weight and I tell them healthy eating and exercise, they always respond with a disappointed "Oh..."

Everyone wants a quick fix with the least amount of effort.

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, everyone here at work is doing this "Biggest Loser" type of competition. One girl, who seems genuinely interested in what I have to say, is depending on flax seed to lose the weight. She adds flaxseed to unsweetened grapefruit juice. She drinks about 5 cups of the juice a day with about a cup of ground flax divided among the 5 cups. I watch her drink it and she's gagging the whole time. She can't understand why she's not losing when she's doing this horribly nasty thing that's guaranteed to make her lose the weight. I pointed out that although juice and flax is "healthy" it's adding a ton of extra calories to her day. She is eating normally, the juice and flax is on top of the rest of her meals. She's actually taking in more cals now than before her "diet". She insists that the fiber in the flax and the metabolism boost grapefruit juice gives her will help her to lose weight anyways, even if the cals are more.

Moral of the story: people will do ANYTHING to avoid watching what they eat and exercising.

I told everyone that if they want to win, come to me and I'll help you make a plan. They all claimed that I would make them do things they didn't want to do and they'd do it their own way. LOL! Yet, these are the same girls that say "I wish I could be skinny like you and eat and workout like you do".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I post on myfitnesspal as well, and there's a whole slew of folk advocating this. It just seems crazy to me. Of course, the only long-term medication I take is a pre-natal vitamin (for just in case). The HCG folks get real defensive too if you question them about it.

Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by squeaks77 View Post
    Yeah, everyone here at work is doing this "Biggest Loser" type of competition. One girl, who seems genuinely interested in what I have to say, is depending on flax seed to lose the weight. She adds flaxseed to unsweetened grapefruit juice. She drinks about 5 cups of the juice a day with about a cup of ground flax divided among the 5 cups. I watch her drink it and she's gagging the whole time. She can't understand why she's not losing when she's doing this horribly nasty thing that's guaranteed to make her lose the weight. I pointed out that although juice and flax is "healthy" it's adding a ton of extra calories to her day. She is eating normally, the juice and flax is on top of the rest of her meals. She's actually taking in more cals now than before her "diet". She insists that the fiber in the flax and the metabolism boost grapefruit juice gives her will help her to lose weight anyways, even if the cals are more.

Moral of the story: people will do ANYTHING to avoid watching what they eat and exercising.

I told everyone that if they want to win, come to me and I'll help you make a plan. They all claimed that I would make them do things they didn't want to do and they'd do it their own way. LOL! Yet, these are the same girls that say "I wish I could be skinny like you and eat and workout like you do".
    Don't you just love things like this? What is it with people assuming that they can add or subtract one thing from their diet and leave everything else the same? There is no magic to this. It's a science for a reason. It blows my mind how many people will listen to the advice of some 'doctor' in a book or on TV who tells them to buy his magical fairy dust protein bars to lose weight. They end up gaining and wondering why, but if they had looked at the back of the package and noticed that those bars each contained two servings of 300 calories and a measly 8g of protein, they might know better.

I was talking to one of my family members the other day who is trying to lose weight and she told me that all she was having for dinner was sauteed vegetables on a baked potato. What?! Now, my family is southern, and the majority of them eat like it. I asked her why she wasn't eating any sort of protein to speak of with her meal, and this is what she told me:

"Maegan, you're never supposed to eat meat with potatoes."

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Because you should only eat meat with vegetables. I saw a doctor on TV that said if you eat meat with potatoes it will take days for you to digest it, but if you eat meat with vegetables, the vegetables will help it digest in just a few hours."

I would like to tell you she was kidding, but she wasn't. Sigh. Sometimes you just have to let it go.
    If you aren't willing to work for it, you probably don't deserve it. Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation, and if you aren't ready to lead or follow you had better be ready to get the hell out of the way.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127157663&page=22

amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amberly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone I know who has been on that HCG diet have not completed it and gained the weight back immediately after. I think like 10 people at my work have tried it and a few of my moms friends. My mom also went in to do it ...she's 5 foot tall 100 lbs.. and she used to have a severe eating disorder and they still were gonna let her do it.. Its ridiculous and I can't imagine it benefits your body in any way.

Either way, people just want a quick fix with little to no work involved. Thats just the society we live in. Congrats to those of us who actually want to work towards our goals and reap the benefits that come with a healthy lifestyle.

Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000)
    You know, I actually feel a little bit bad blaming the people who are playing into this. Yes, they need to get some motivation and stop looking for a quick fix, but think about how many diet promises you come in contact with on a daily basis. I think the bigger problem here is the group of 'experts' and 'doctors' who are condoning this crap.
    If you aren't willing to work for it, you probably don't deserve it. Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation, and if you aren't ready to lead or follow you had better be ready to get the hell out of the way.

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What ever happened to good 'ole fashion diet and Exercise?
    It became a big business, like any other.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Registered User kickasskittykat's Avatar
    kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The person who invents the magic diet pill.. First person to crack skinny in a pill will be richer then you can ever imagine!!

Everyone wants the easy way.. No one wants to hear diet and exercise.. I get called in work for training as hard as I do but same time people want to know how to do it... If I could give them the secret that wasn't diet and exercise I'd make a million if it worked...

At least we all know the "secret" girls ;-). Xxx

julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ive been leading the health/fitness lifestyle for about three years and ive had my share of how did ya do it or what are you eating or i cant believe you are eating that cake or i cant believe your not going to eat this or that and blah blah...most of my friends are taking diet pills which are a huge expense and when they stop them they gain all their weight back and go and buy some more and yo-yo up and down all year long....none of them like the answer weight can come off with real food and a good consistant workout routine....i personally have been using p90x and alot of my family and friends went and got it too...only their dvds are now dust collectors and so starts the questions again how did you do it? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....i have a magic pill!!! bahahahaha

Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thatdarndragon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kickasskittykat View Post
    The person who invents the magic diet pill.. First person to crack skinny in a pill will be richer then you can ever imagine!!

Everyone wants the easy way.. No one wants to hear diet and exercise.. I get called in work for training as hard as I do but same time people want to know how to do it... If I could give them the secret that wasn't diet and exercise I'd make a million if it worked...

At least we all know the "secret" girls ;-). Xxx
    You could make millions even if it DOESN'T work! Look at that silly shaker weight.. many people says it does nothing, yet the "inventor" is making millions because people are trying anyway

Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000)

This is a real thing?

I recently visited a friend of mine who is very overweight (she topped at 285 and is down to 225lbs or so)

However, none of her loss has been healthy by any stretch on the imagination. I asked her if she wanted to get dinner when I visited and she told me she couldn't cause she was on a VERY strict diet. I asked her what it was and she said it was 500cal a day and she takes these drops to make her not feel hungry. She said she got them off the internet.

HCG or whatever is what they were called. I don't particularily want her to die however.
    Strive for more.

MyFitnessPal - Rozlyn1708

Originally Posted by Thatdarndragon View Post
    You could make millions even if it DOESN'T work! Look at that silly shaker weight.. many people says it does nothing, yet the "inventor" is making millions because people are trying anyway
    Have you seen the spoof of that commercial on YouTube? It's priceless.

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kickasskittykat View Post
    The cool thing is, that no one ever will! I love things that we humans can't completely control with our technology.

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ameinseto View Post
    You know, I actually feel a little bit bad blaming the people who are playing into this. Yes, they need to get some motivation and stop looking for a quick fix, but think about how many diet promises you come in contact with on a daily basis. I think the bigger problem here is the group of 'experts' and 'doctors' who are condoning this crap.

I think that this is what irks me the most actually. I have always been somewhat of a sceptic when it comes to the medical profession so I always second guess what the doctor tells me. I have a great doctor and always have had one but before i go ahead and take anything the doctor prescribes I ALWAYS do my research first. I also do this for my dogs as the FDA does not have a good track record of approving medications for animals.

Others however, think that if a doctor told them it will work then it must be okay (most people have never heard of or thought of iatrogenic illness). Most of these co-workers are getting the diet and shots from their doctors so it must make it okay for you!!

I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that we want results and we want it now without any hard work. Maybe I lucky that i enjoy eating healthy and being active. It isn't work to me, but something fun and entertaining. I used to come home, eat bad foods, study and watch TV (oh and go to bed late). Now i come home, make a healthy dinner, workout, spend time with the dogs, read a book and go to bed early. I am a much happier person now and feel more balanced then i did before.

Oh, the youtube parody of the shake weight is seriously the best thing ever!!

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

"eat less, move more"

Similar to what my Mom always said about losing weight: "Shut your mouth and get off yer arse!"
    No drama: You know where we are.

Hello and welcome to our newest member jackbauer.

Meet stats:
    April 2017 - 235/135/270
    Aug 2017 - 245/125/285

I think that this is what irks me the most actually. I have always been somewhat of a sceptic when it comes to the medical profession so I always second guess what the doctor tells me. I have a great doctor and always have had one but before i go ahead and take anything the doctor prescribes I ALWAYS do my research first. I also do this for my dogs as the FDA does not have a good track record of approving medications for animals.

Others however, think that if a doctor told them it will work then it must be okay (most people have never heard of or thought of iatrogenic illness). Most of these co-workers are getting the diet and shots from their doctors so it must make it okay for you!!

I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that we want results and we want it now without any hard work. Maybe I lucky that i enjoy eating healthy and being active. It isn't work to me, but something fun and entertaining. I used to come home, eat bad foods, study and watch TV (oh and go to bed late). Now i come home, make a healthy dinner, workout, spend time with the dogs, read a book and go to bed early. I am a much happier person now and feel more balanced then i did before.

Oh, the youtube parody of the shake weight is seriously the best thing ever!!
    Isn't it?! Ha ha. I love that parody.

You're right, though. I always check for things before I take them. I am fatally allergic to penicillin and a few years ago I had a doctor give me an antibiotic complex that had penicillin in the pill! Now, I wasn't allergic until I was 16 so the first time I reacted to it I rushed to the hospital and they gave me some steroids and something to keep my lungs from collapsing, but it wasn't a pleasant experience and I really don't want to do it again. Surely he had a chart with my info on it, right? You'd think since I told them it would kill me they would put it in some sort of bolded font...

It just amazes me what doctors will say, either on television or in person. People get it in their heads that it's okay because the doctor says it or it's okay because the FDA approved it.

ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ABbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should hear some of the things my patients say. If I had a dime for every time I heard a mother tell me about some vaccine conspiracy, I would hopefully gather enough money to buy a year's supply for Zimbabwe where they'd actually be grateful to receive them so their kids can live past the age of 5.