Rebuilding after surgery. hazdingo's Avatar
    hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need help with name of exercise

I'm looking for the name of an exercise I used to do a few years ago. I never knew the name, but I was shown the exercise by an old trainer. It is a dumbbell exercise done laying on your back on a flat bench. Starting position is holding the dumbbells above your chest, with the handles parallel. The heads of the dumbbells (The balls/shapes of weight) are touching. From here its just a simple press up and down. Does anyone know the name of this? thanks!

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by hazdingo View Post
    I'm looking for the name of an exercise I used to do a few years ago. I never knew the name, but I was shown the exercise by an old trainer. It is a dumbbell exercise done laying on your back on a flat bench. Starting position is holding the dumbbells above your chest, with the handles parallel. The heads of the dumbbells (The balls/shapes of weight) are touching. From here its just a simple press up and down. Does anyone know the name of this? thanks!
    I'm going to go with dumbbell bench press.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...ll-bench-press

Either that, or I'm totally missing something.
    -

hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50) hazdingo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    I'm going to go with dumbbell bench press.

Either that, or I'm totally missing something.
    The dumbbells never stop touching, they always stay in the middle of your chest with the handles parallel.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by hazdingo View Post
    The dumbbells never stop touching, they always stay in the middle of your chest with the handles parallel.
    Some attempt to re-create CGBP with DBs, maybe?

Was it supposed to work your triceps?
    -

Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Some attempt to re-create CGBP with DBs, maybe?

Was it supposed to work your triceps?
    That was my first thought, trying to do a dumbbell version of CGBP. It was like 5 years ago and I was only 16 so I really didn't have an understanding of what muscle groups were being worked, I just worked out with a friend who claimed to know what he was doing. You're right though, probably just a recreated version of CGBP. Has anyone ever tried this?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It is an inner chest exercise. I can't remember the name, I know what you're talking about, but can't think of the name.

Hexagonal (or any DBs that have flat edges) are best. Line them up on their flat sides, and you actively push them into each other, as you do the lift.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000) volhooker is just really nice. (+1000)

Pec Pinchers

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    It is an inner chest exercise. I can't remember the name, I know what you're talking about, but can't think of the name.

Hexagonal (or any DBs that have flat edges) are best. Line them up on their flat sides, and you actively push them into each other, as you do the lift.
    I always called them Pec Pinchers, that's what I was told they were when I was introduced to them. As I did them, the name made sense because during the movement, the pecs are squeezed, i.e. pinched, so much that it feels as though they are going to pop!

I love them. I use them as my last set after I have done the rest of my chest training...this gives me an intense pump at the end of tearing them down with heavy weight! Feels great!!
    "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." - Luke 2:52

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1

Rev. 3:20, Lam. 3:21-26

afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100) afliction4lif is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by volhooker View Post
    I always called them Pec Pinchers, that's what I was told they were when I was introduced to them. As I did them, the name made sense because during the movement, the pecs are squeezed, i.e. pinched, so much that it feels as though they are going to pop!

I love them. I use them as my last set after I have done the rest of my chest training...this gives me an intense pump at the end of tearing them down with heavy weight! Feels great!!

XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000) XXX666 is just really nice. (+1000)
    its basically a close grip dumbbell bench press.

it will help you focus on pec contraction since you are pushing the dumbbells together through the range of montion.

a lot of guys i know that competition bench do this movement because it hits the tris and chest effectively.