tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Back Bodyweight Exercises for Bootcamp... with no Pullup bar?

I perform my bootcamps in a martial arts facility and while I have some resistance band exercises to target the back, I really don't have a legitimate ability to work the back with any calisthenic exercises that I can think of. Buying a portable pullup bar is out of the question because I will have anywhere from 5-10 people needing to perform this at the same time.

Do any of you guys have an answer for this? I've been racking my brain for months and have not come up with an answer. It sucks because every other muscle group than the back and biceps can be targeted without equipment...

kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    I perform my bootcamps in a martial arts facility and while I have some resistance band exercises to target the back, I really don't have a legitimate ability to work the back with any calisthenic exercises that I can think of. Buying a portable pullup bar is out of the question because I will have anywhere from 5-10 people needing to perform this at the same time.

Do any of you guys have an answer for this? I've been racking my brain for months and have not come up with an answer. It sucks because every other muscle group than the back and biceps can be targeted without equipment...
    You could "buddy up" your clients. Have one hold their towel and be reisistance while the other rows or does face pulls. Odd numbers get you as their buddy. It would add a bit of time to the routine but might help. (just brainstorming here)
    The mind leads the body...get your head right and the body will follow

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kneedragger85 View Post
    You could "buddy up" your clients. Have one hold their towel and be reisistance while the other rows or does face pulls. Odd numbers get you as their buddy. It would add a bit of time to the routine but might help. (just brainstorming here)
    ^^^ That, you could have 2 of them sit down w/ feet together and row while the other person provides resistance.... Powers Sleds if you have the space...
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | Facebook.com/askthetrainercom

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    two people grab a broomstick w/both hands hand hold it horizontally. One person tries to pull the other across x amount of feet while the other resists.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome, thanks guys will put these recommendations to use. Anyone have anymore that are more similar to pullups/pulldowns rather than rows? I think it would be hard for a partner to keep their footing while holding something that the other partner is trying to pull down at an angle.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    Awesome, thanks guys will put these recommendations to use. Anyone have anymore that are more similar to pullups/pulldowns rather than rows? I think it would be hard for a partner to keep their footing while holding something that the other partner is trying to pull down at an angle.
    One way to do it is have someone lie either facedown or face up on the ground (grass?) and have a partner stand w/ their feet spread a couple feet apart.

From there the person on the ground can do a "lat pull" with the friction of the ground & their body weight for resistance.

You could have the person standing do something (a couple burpees, pushups, etc.) while they reposition themselves for the other person to get in a position to do the ankle pull-ups/lat pulls as well

NOTE: This doesn't work w/ women in skirts, or people w/ diarrhea
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | Facebook.com/askthetrainercom

SMITIE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Prone Row

http://www.highschoolrotc.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo& Itemid=87&video_id=840>
    Army Strong

Hooah!

B.S. Kinesiology - Exercise Science Student

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    though it's definitely not sufficient to be a proper pulling movement, the prone cobras would probably be good to add to somewhat counteract all the pushing and help reinforce good posture.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    One way to do it is have someone lie either facedown or face up on the ground (grass?) and have a partner stand w/ their feet spread a couple feet apart.

From there the person on the ground can do a "lat pull" with the friction of the ground & their body weight for resistance.

You could have the person standing do something (a couple burpees, pushups, etc.) while they reposition themselves for the other person to get in a position to do the ankle pull-ups/lat pulls as well

NOTE: This doesn't work w/ women in skirts, or people w/ diarrhea
    Is there a video of this or anything? Are you saying the bottom person grabs top person's ankles and pulls themselves along the ground to the top person, who then steps back and repeat? Seems like that would be hard on the clothes, haha

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If there's something overhead that a resistance band can wrap onto, use it to fling a band over it, and get the person/people to do lat pulldown type movements.

When i do home sessions, i use people's sturdy clotheslines for that above movement.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000) nickmanzoni is a complete loser! (-2000)
    two people hold a length of rope/towel/band in one arm. They are in a push-up position facing each other. Person A has the rope in the right arm, person B has the rope in their left. Person A does a horizontal lat pull using person B as resistance. They can be as hard/easy on each other as they want. Works great.
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/

Train Hard, Bleed Less jmossthnp's Avatar
    jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmossthnp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have the clients, doing the class, then rotate one person over to the pull-up and then run back and get back into the class then the next person goes.

Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    An exercise I use in my outdoor training is identical to a lat pulldown and can be done with assistance. I'll try to describe it but might have difficulty.

One person sits on the ground legs straight out in front of them. The 2nd person stands directly behind them facing the same direction. Person on the ground puts their arms up as if grabbing a lat pull bar. The person standing then reaches down in front of the sitting person and grabs under their elbows/triceps. Now the person on the ground does a lat pulldown while the person standing does a squat while fighting the pull.

Great exercise that works both people. Trick is to make sure the person standing doesn't do all the work with their back but instead uses their legs.
    March 18th 2004: 342lb, ???bf
    Jan 25th 2005: 297lb, 34.6%bf
    June 4th 2005: 293lb, 33.3%bf
    July 27th 2005: 272lb, 29%bf
    August 20th 2005: 262lb, 26.2%bf
    August 29th 2005: 258lb, 23.6%bf
    November 1st 2005: 252lb, 21.2%bf
    January 21st 2006: 230lb, 20%bf
    March 18th 2006: 218lb, 18.5%bf
    November 18th 2010: 205, 16%

GOAL: Cancun April 12th 2011 205, 12% or lower!

www.transformpersonaltraining.com

DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    two people hold a length of rope/towel/band in one arm. They are in a push-up position facing each other. Person A has the rope in the right arm, person B has the rope in their left. Person A does a horizontal lat pull using person B as resistance. They can be as hard/easy on each other as they want. Works great.
    This sounds awesome if I'm picturing it right. So they are pretty much doing a 3 point plank/bridge at the same time? Tough!

Originally Posted by Boom782 View Post
    An exercise I use in my outdoor training is identical to a lat pulldown and can be done with assistance. I'll try to describe it but might have difficulty.

One person sits on the ground legs straight out in front of them. The 2nd person stands directly behind them facing the same direction. Person on the ground puts their arms up as if grabbing a lat pull bar. The person standing then reaches down in front of the sitting person and grabs under their elbows/triceps. Now the person on the ground does a lat pulldown while the person standing does a squat while fighting the pull.

Great exercise that works both people. Trick is to make sure the person standing doesn't do all the work with their back but instead uses their legs.
    Now that's creative lol. So does the person standing have a prone or supine grip on the other person's arms?
    Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.

*WetBreasts is gonna make it crew*

Reps on sight:

RetroTiger
    KyleAaron

Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DamNative View Post
    This sounds awesome if I'm picturing it right. So they are pretty much doing a 3 point plank/bridge at the same time? Tough!

Now that's creative lol. So does the person standing have a prone or supine grip on the other person's arms?
    Prone, palms facing back. This allows the person standing to lean back slightly almost as if doing a deadlift.
    March 18th 2004: 342lb, ???bf
    Jan 25th 2005: 297lb, 34.6%bf
    June 4th 2005: 293lb, 33.3%bf
    July 27th 2005: 272lb, 29%bf
    August 20th 2005: 262lb, 26.2%bf
    August 29th 2005: 258lb, 23.6%bf
    November 1st 2005: 252lb, 21.2%bf
    January 21st 2006: 230lb, 20%bf
    March 18th 2006: 218lb, 18.5%bf
    November 18th 2010: 205, 16%

GOAL: Cancun April 12th 2011 205, 12% or lower!

www.transformpersonaltraining.com

SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpagsFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are so many variables that make this NOT work, but since I don't know your setup its worth a shot.

Using those resistance bands, have people do lat pulldowns/chins, etc from their knees. If you have pretty much anything to wrap the bands around (from the ceiling, or a lower hanging beam, etc) you can get a bunch of people doing this at once.

You can also have people partner up, get into an isometric lunge with a forward lean, and pull up from that position (with a partner holding the band)...may be overly complicated though.
    --BLEED TIME KREW (BTK)--

I relate everything to the weight room floor because it works. I gnaw at the edges, and I get work done. No matter how hard it gets, no matter how much weight's in my way, I keep on going. And everyday, every rep, I'm better than the last. This success and this mental toughness carries over to every aspect of life.... Anyone who says it doesn't, just doesn't get it. --Spags

Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ricky_Recon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've actually been stumped with the same problem for a while. Though I don't run a boot camp, just trying to come up with a body weight exercise for back without a pull up bar or equipment is a challenge. One idea I had, though it needs tweaking to see how its most effective, is similar to dumbbell pullovers. Its not a rowing motion, but it should work the lats. Have your clients pair up. One standing, holding one end of a towel. The other on their knees facing the standing client, bent over, back straight, holding the other end of the towel, with their arms extended and slightly above their head. Then have them do a pullover motion until their almost straight up. I tried a few variations of this on my own, with mixed results. Maybe you can tweak it into something worth trying. It also slightly works core and tris. The standing clients will have to support the others weight, so they'll get forearm, bis, and back work too. Or have them in a deadlift type position with their upper backs at a 45 degree angle. Just an idea. Better than nothing.