zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Learning power cleans

Is there anything in particular I should be doing in order to learn how to power clean? I understand that in order to get better at an exercise you just need to practice it, but I don't want to attempt this intricate move and injure myself. I have watched several videos on it and I understand the sequence, but then when I try to put it all together in one fluid, almost graceful movement, it just looks sloppy. I'll keep practicing with an empty bar, or a broom stick or something, but I was just curious if anyone who performs this lift has any advice on how they went about learning to do it properly. No, I'm not an olympic lifter or am I going to compete in any lifting, so if I can't do it it's not a big deal, but I'd like to atleast try.
    current bests
    deadlift- 360
    squat- 260
    bench- 240

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This might help you:
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    The lift should start with the bar on the floor, positioned over top of where the toes meet the foot. Hips slightly higher than knees with a strong arch in the back, and shoulders in front of the bar.

The lift from the floor to approximately mid-thigh is called the 1st pull. It is done entirely with the legs. Thinking about 'pushing the floor away' helps, similar to a leg press, slowly press the floor away and 'pull the knees back', the angle of the hips and lower back should not change.

The 2nd pull starts at just above mid-thigh - this is where you explode. Triple extension - ankle, knee, hip - is the goal of this phase. Think of standing up HARD then immediately being in the receive position (1/4 front squat, elbows high).

The 2nd pull ends when the body hits triple extension and the shoulders are shrugged - the arms should still be straight at the end of the 2nd pull. Do not pull with your arms, power cleans are not jumping-upright-row-reverse-curls!

The force of the triple extension sends the bar up. As the bar rises the lifter 'whips' their elbows under the bar and 'racks' it across the shoulders. This is difficult to do if you have pulled the bar up with the arms.

Power cleans are pulled higher than squat cleans, usually to give the legs a break - this is why lighter weights are used for power cleans.

Here's how I do them:

Lots of stretching of the forearm flexors, triceps, and shoulder girdle (dislocates) will help with the mobility and will make the rack position more comfortable. Practicing the lift and positions with an empty bar is a great way to develop the flexibility - keep at it
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome, thanks a lot bro!
    current bests
    deadlift- 360
    squat- 260
    bench- 240

bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50) bumbaklat will become famous soon enough. (+50)

power cleans

the best advice i can give besides working w someone that knows how to do i (not someone that thinks they do) is go onto you tube....there are a lot of videos tha show really good form as opposed to horrible form. also it explains what to do step by step! gottalove the internet!