piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000)

Help, I'm shrinking!

I finally have to confess that in the last 10 years my biceps have shrunk almost an inch--and this is during the last few years when I have been working out seriously. But the data on aging shows that this is common. My upper arms are all muscle and bone, so there is no fat padding them. I'm handling virtually all the same weights as I did a year ago, trying to at least maintain what I have. Guess i just have to suck it up and keep working! Are there any other older guys out there (over 65) who have the same problem?
    No effort is too little if done with purpose.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by piperman View Post
    I finally have to confess that in the last 10 years my biceps have shrunk almost an inch--and this is during the last few years when I have been working out seriously. But the data on aging shows that this is common. My upper arms are all muscle and bone, so there is no fat padding them. I'm handling virtually all the same weights as I did a year ago, trying to at least maintain what I have. Guess i just have to suck it up and keep working! Are there any other older guys out there (over 65) who have the same problem?
    First, you look in great shape. Second, what is your biceps routine?

piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    First, you look in great shape. Second, what is your biceps routine?
    Thanks! I do work at it.
    I often start with a set of 10 reps on dumbbells; another set of 10 with a barbell; and a couple of sets of 10 on the preacher bench. I also do pulldowns for the triceps and assisted dips, plus often two sets of bench press with the Smith machine (since I don't have a spotter).
    No effort is too little if done with purpose.

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by piperman View Post
    You look awsome!

You may have lost some size over the years but lets not forget why we should be in this........."our health"..........and you my friend are mmuucchh healthier than the average 50 year old male in this country.....much less the average 74 year old..

Just think.......lol......if everyone did what you are doing our health cost issues would all but be gone....Props to you!!!

Now.....to answer your question about gaining/keeping lbm:

Do the same thing you've always done........adjust your diet, sleep and/or training sessions.

No matter what the age......17 or 74.........we all have to eat enough to grow or keep our mass. Now we all know (as bad as I hate it) that at a certain age everyone will start to lose lbm to a certain degree (everyone is different). Some peeps may not lose much at all and some may lose alot.....just never know....."genetics".

Anyone that does not rep you should have their a$$ kicked.....

Either way........your a winner in my book!!