Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    trueT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trueT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help! Gyno from Formestane, DAA, Dhea?

I believe I am developing a case of pseudogynecomastia. I have never had gyno in my life, not even at puberty. here's what happened:

I recently started formestane 60 mg of oral formestane daily (30 mg twice daily) along with 100 mg of dhea daily (50 mg twice daily) for about 2.5 weeks then I added in DAA 3 mg a day (1 mg 3 times a day) for eight days. I then dropped the dhea and DAA and began to taper the formestane -- I tapered the formestane (perhaps too quickly?) from 60 mg to 40 mg to 20 mg daily. I tapered that way over the course of one week and then stopped.

approximately 5 days after stopping this cycle I notice my left pec is suddenly noticeably larger than the right. I feel no pebble under my nip, but there is now a dull pain developing even when I'm not touching it. This has been going on for 3 days now. Something definitely is not right..

I fear I am starting to develop a case of gyno. Can someone help me? What do I do to stop this from getting worse or to treat it? Can the cycle I ran really cause gyno?

I truly appreciate any help here.
    Last edited by trueT1; 09-01-2010 at 01:03 PM.

ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ACE79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is formestane a PH?

DHEA is a hormone so maybe...

WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50) WesRC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I thought formestane was a PCT.

trueT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trueT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ACE79 View Post
    Is formestane a PH?

DHEA is a hormone so maybe...
    Formestane is an AI.... which should be an "anti gyno" i guess but i'm worried -- maybe this is a estrogen rebound issue? I really just don't know and need some help. Thanks guys.

DHEA can convert to estro, which is why I was using the Formestane --- but really my doses were not well researched and looking back, somewhat haphazard. So i don't really know if the form was the correct dose to balance the dhea, etc..

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    op when you say its a dull pain and one side is biggeR? do you mean the nip is larger or the whole pec./? it sounds like you thrashed you pec and its still sore.. and swolen.

Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    u need to calmdownbro.jpg

anytime you f with your hormones your nips might get a little 'strange' that is how it is man. Which might be scary at first, but atleast you know whatever you are doing is working. I have had slightly puffy/sensitve nips from 'natty' boosters in the past.

Unles you get hard, painful lumps, which you WILL noticed, I wouldnt worry.

and if you really are worried, stop what you are doing or buy some Letro, which is expensive btw.
    Originally Posted by Tiffany Wantsmore

A lie to get yourself out of trouble is way different to a lie designed to not hurt someone's feelings.

Originally Posted by Curtiz

woman logic, gotta love it

Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    op when you say its a dull pain and one side is biggeR? do you mean the nip is larger or the whole pec./? it sounds like you thrashed you pec and its still sore.. and swolen.
    dull pain is basically under the nip, not really the whole pec. I also am on a rest week from the gym (very rare, but needed) so i know it's not sore from lifting.

_Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    you'd be lucky if those dosages even caused a fluctuation in your hormone levels, let alone incite gyno.

Originally Posted by _Smitty_ View Post
    you'd be lucky if those dosages even caused a fluctuation in your hormone levels, let alone incite gyno.
    Right, I thought this was pretty mild going into it. Which, leaves me wondering why do i have enlargement of my left pec (mostly noticeably below the nipple area) and pain in my nipple? BTW, I'm pretty lean so even a slight enlargement is easy to detect...

However, coming off formestane too quickly (not sure I did, just saying it's possible) is said to have the potential for estrogen rebound...Also DHEA and DAA can raise estrogen levels...

tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000) tdog69 is just really nice. (+1000)

O noz op u need one od deez

Fat Man Typing

yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Could just be a bit of puffiness.
    seated rows before hoes

Originally Posted by yCat View Post
    Could just be a bit of puffiness.
    Does such a thing subside on its own? I'd like to get my pec back to normal..

Thanks for those who are trying to help.

MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

Originally Posted by _Smitty_ View Post
    Ha, agreed.

Originally Posted by MikeDre View Post
    Ha, agreed.

The formestane was from PP and uses Liquivade Technology. It's absorption rate is pretty good compared to some oral formestane..

MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000) MikeDre is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by trueT1 View Post
    The formestane was from PP and uses Liquivade Technology. It's absorption rate is pretty good compared to some oral formestane..
    I see Primordial's marketing is working. Let me ask; did you worm shot it?

But seriously. Whether you do topical, oral, or "SUPER LIQUIVADE ORAL", 60mg is low and shouldnt cause any issues of gyno, nor "rebound gyno".

Ha, agreed.
    I see Primordial's marketing is working. Let me ask; did you worm shot it?
    No..

And I've read a lot of reports of people in the 60-80 mg range experience results that are typical of much higher doses with other types of oral form i.e. not liqua vade...

Regardless, I do have a real concern here. I'm hoping to find some answers. Something is going on with my left pec, regardless of what caused it, and I want to know if I need to take action.. Seems like it could be the onset of gyno

But seriously. Whether you do topical, oral, or "SUPER LIQUIVADE ORAL", 60mg is low and shouldnt cause any issues of gyno, nor "rebound gyno".
    Thanks for going back and adding that part to your post -- I appreciate this kind of input.

I agree 60 mg should not cause rebound. however my concern is that having also been on 100 mg dhea (not a huge dose i know) and DAA that estro could have went up and caused this...

**** forgot to mention that I started taking a pretty high dose of stinging nettles extract, beginning 2 days before symptoms started... for what it's worth... I immediately stopped taking it obviously.

I'm really not sure what could have caused this, but what I'm most worried about is what to do about it, if anything. thanks fellas.

futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100) futurefreak is not very well liked. (-100)
    If im not mistaken, Formestane would be classified as a suicide inhibitor, similar to exemestane. Therefore no rebound should be happening as it bind to the estrogen and renders it useless. The dhea and DAA may be whats causing the major hormone fluctuations. Dhea is multi-pathway hormonal trigger that can cause estrogenic sides. DAA is proven to raise test which then could potentially aromatize into estrogen.
    RXwhey.com Proud Athlete/Primordial Performance Marketing Director
    PASTE THIS LINK for FREE SHIPPING on the only Protein Bar you can get shredded with
    http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-4232528-10776970

Originally Posted by futurefreak View Post
    If im not mistaken, Formestane would be classified as a suicide inhibitor, similar to exemestane. Therefore no rebound should be happening as it bind to the estrogen and renders it useless. The dhea and DAA may be whats causing the major hormone fluctuations. Dhea is multi-pathway hormonal trigger that can cause estrogenic sides. DAA is proven to raise test which then could potentially aromatize into estrogen.
    that's what i'm leaning towards too.. or the high dose of Stinging Nettles root extract...

My main question is what can I do now? Should I do anything?

**** forgot to mention that I started taking a pretty high dose of stinging nettles extract, beginning 2 days before symptoms started... for what it's worth... I immediately stopped taking it obviously.

I'm really not sure what could have caused this, but what I'm most worried about is what to do about it, if anything. thanks fellas.
    First and foremost. DONT PLAY WITH YOUR NIPPLES. When I thought I had gyno I found myself constantly touching my nipple which made them worse and then it was a never ending cycle. I stopped and low and behold, no gyno... still today.

Second you could pick up another AI in case, though I really dont think theres a need and you are not really at risk for gyno. Can you describe what you are feeling? A dull feeling could be all mental. And what do you mean by larger pec?

First and foremost. DONT PLAY WITH YOUR NIPPLES. When I thought I had gyno I found myself constantly touching my nipple which made them worse and then it was a never ending cycle. I stopped and low and behold, no gyno... still today.

Second you could pick up another AI in case, though I really dont think theres a need and you are not really at risk for gyno. Can you describe what you are feeling? A dull feeling could be all mental. And what do you mean by larger pec?
    --thanks man, good advice. I keep wanting to check for a lump or glandular tissue, but i'll cut it out.

--I do have some 6-bromo on hand as well as more formestane... although after this I don't really want to be messing too much with AI's and I also don't like that they lower DHT, but I'm open to suggestions here..

--I don't know how to describe it but there is a dull pain from time-to-time behind the nip that is present without touching it. It doesn't hurt really bad or anything, but I can feel it for sure when it's there

--My left pec is subtly larger -- and this is new. used to be very symmetrical. It is protruding slightly more out and is slightly larger underneath the nipple towards the outer pec. I really believe this is new and I'm not imagining it or anything.
    Last edited by trueT1; 09-01-2010 at 03:06 PM.

is this the type of thing that could go away on its own?

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    op id try to pick up some triazole and yes i suspect its the DHea causin the problems.. when combined with the DAA its probably making tons of androsteindione and estrogen.. and of course some will remember andro-dione easily converted to estros..

you may also want to try some vitex and p5p. perhaps some l-dopa

op id try to pick up some triazole and yes i suspect its the DHea causin the problems.. when combined with the DAA its probably making tons of androsteindione and estrogen.. and of course some will remember andro-dione easily converted to estros..

you may also want to try some vitex and p5p. perhaps some l-dopa
    Thank you! looking into triazole and the others.. I have some L-dopa on hand.. what is the idea with taking this?

thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thebigt2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you! looking into triazole and the others.. I have some L-dopa on hand.. what is the idea with taking this?
    in case you have prolactin issues-l-dopa will help.
    thebigt

Triazole looks pretty good...

i can personally verify the effects of curcumin as ive used it methodically pre/on/post cycle.
    stuff makes puffy nips go away.

add to that the other stuff thats in the triazole and i pretty much want to try it .

i can personally verify the effects of curcumin as ive used it methodically pre/on/post cycle.
    stuff makes puffy nips go away.

add to that the other stuff thats in the triazole and i pretty much want to try it .
    Awesome to hear you had good experiences with curcumin! I just read about a thousand posts on Triazole in a thread started by the DS ppl and it looks pretty incredible.

Curcumin looks very interesting for my issue! I found straight curcumin pretty cheap standardized to 95% curcuminoids with bioprene @ 875 mg a dose. looks pretty good to me too for my issue.

I think I will get the Triazole for now -- even though its a proprietary blend and there is no way to know if there is a decent amount of curcumin in it or not..it has a lot of other stuff too including a natural serm and AI interestingly enough.

any other thoughts? Triazole seem like a good choice?