risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) risingUP421 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Arrow Resistance Bands or Dumbbells?

Hey forum, I am in my sophomore year of college, and over the summer i got used to working out at home because we have a small workout room but now im away and in an apartment with friends.

Over the summer i did P90X workouts at home and loved it. But without any equipment in my apartment (dumbbells) with me its impossible to do those workouts. I DO have my pull-up bar with me...

Basically im just wondering what some people recommend for a rather small environment. Ive been shopping for dumbbells and as far as value and efficiency goes i really like the powerblock dumbbells i have tested them in some stores and like them. I also like resistance bands and i have looked at things such as the bodylastics system.

Doing P90X isnt essential to me but i do enjoy the workouts. im just looking for what would be best to get a really good muscle building workout in. any tips would be awesome... thanks guys.

-Phil

ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ausabl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am on the same boat as you, I did p90x at home in my home gym, now im away for college. I have both bands and weights. I would not suggest bodylastics (they are overhyped) and do not work that well for p90x since the nylon will rub against you. I say get some Lifeline usa TNT bands, and get some weights.

I currently have this set up :
    2 sets of this so I have up to 40lbs(purchased at wallmart for 34 bucks but its sold out for now) for each hand if wanted http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...8VP96SDTKC8CP3

For bands I have http://www.amazon.com/Lifeline-Speci...3058841&sr=1-1

But I got the handles at sports authority with a green, magenta, and orange band.

I took those items along with a iron gym bar, push up bars, and a workout mat. This is everything needed for p90x and works really well.

Hope that helps, and its very portable. I dragged all that stuff from FL to MS, it took up very little room.
    ئەنسیکلۆپێدیایFlorida Gators Crewئەنسیکلۆپێدیای

Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dumbells every time. I think of free weights as the bread and butter of a home gym and resitance bands as an accessary for when you've got pretty much everything else. If money is an issue go with some spinlocks and standard plates. You'll have no problem finding them cheap on craigslist.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by risingUP421 View Post
    Hey forum, I am in my sophomore year of college, and over the summer i got used to working out at home because we have a small workout room but now im away and in an apartment with friends.

Over the summer i did P90X workouts at home and loved it. But without any equipment in my apartment (dumbbells) with me its impossible to do those workouts. I DO have my pull-up bar with me...

Basically im just wondering what some people recommend for a rather small environment. Ive been shopping for dumbbells and as far as value and efficiency goes i really like the powerblock dumbbells i have tested them in some stores and like them. I also like resistance bands and i have looked at things such as the bodylastics system.

Doing P90X isnt essential to me but i do enjoy the workouts. im just looking for what would be best to get a really good muscle building workout in. any tips would be awesome... thanks guys.

-Phil
    Does your college have a gym? Most do. I would join it. It may even be free if you are a student.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    Does your college have a gym? Most do. I would join it. It may even be free if you are a student.
    I didn't even think of this. A lot of colleges have really good gyms for cheap. The school I went to before had a gym pass for $50 per semester. You should look into it.