USMC - Live Strong! - MMA toolslave462@gmail.com's Avatar
    toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why hasn't anyone gone to the media?

So...After reading countless scientific studies, one major question comes to mind.

If keto is in fact healthy, and the rest of society is so misinformed... Why hasn't anyone brought all of this information to the media?

Read The Lipid Hypothesis and down
    http://www.coconutoil.com/truth_saturated_fats.htm

This explains how America came to the generalized mis-understanding that low fat diets are the healthy way to go about dieting these days.

Why doesn't America know about the dangers of aspartame? Why doesn't America know maltodextrin, even though containing zero calories, actually is worse for you than sugar?

Why doesn't America know that eating 6 small meals a day has zero effect on your metabolism vs eating 1 large meal per day(Warrior Diet)?

Scientists have been looking for a way to stop diabetes, stop heart disease, stop cancer... and the evidence is all already there. The western diet, before processed foods became so popular, consisted of fruits veggies and meats and moderate / reasonable amounts of carbs, usually a piece of bread with butter or something. Back in the 1900's heart disease, cancer, diabetes, all of these weren't a problem.

Of course this claim is completely neglecting the fact that automobiles and factories started spewing out tons of chemicals into the air after the 1900's, which could be a leading cause for cancer, but I highly doubt it has any effect on diabetes or heart disease or obesity.

What are you guys' thoughts on this?

scottpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    because pharmaceutical companies pretty much run the world. they have more pull and more money then can even be fathomed and if this was released in a sense there would be chaos. try telling someone that all the things they've been told their entire lives were untrue and just a way for large corporations to making billions of dollars.

plus i mean cmon, how many people are really willing to open their mind to alternative lifestyles?

toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by scottpayne View Post
    because pharmaceutical companies pretty much run the world. they have more pull and more money then can even be fathomed and if this was released in a sense there would be chaos. try telling someone that all the things they've been told their entire lives were untrue and just a way for large corporations to making billions of dollars.

plus i mean cmon, how many people are really willing to open their mind to alternative lifestyles?
    Is that not exactly how America came to the conclusion that low-fat Diets are healthy? The media advertised all the scientific 150 million dollar studies that were being done back in the 1950's involving low-fat diets. Some of these studies were only to test medicine. But the parts that got the most attention weren't WHAT they were studying, it was how they were doing it.

So what if the Media had a week long advertisement backed by scientific studies and or proof, that low carb diets would be a step in the right direction when it comes to being healthier and fixing Americas health problems? I find it hard to believe that civilians at the news stations are corrupt to the point some people believe they are... They are your average person with their own morals too.

Here is another study I just read that flipped my world upside down on counting calories.
    http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/do-...lly-count.html

Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000) Reformed90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    From what it seems, eating the right foods while on keto is healthy, but when people eat bacon and that sort of think I wouldn't say thats healthy

scottpayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its not really that people in the media are "corrupt", its more of the fact that carbs arent the devil unless your doing keto. that being said, low fat diets dont make sense, since the body has been using fats for thousands of years as a primary source of fuel, its when its mixed with carbs (mostly simple carbs) that people perceive fats as "bad."

quite frankly, a simple episode or two on discovery channel or the cooking channel would solve the problem. but noooooooooo, that wont happen because network stations only want stuff that puts eyes on the tv WIH NO EXCEPTIONS...this is why good shows are cancelled and we have 27 different kinds of dancing shows on tv.

its all about making money and sadly the media doesn't really care for things like this, no matter for the benefit of the country, because to them its all about viewers and making money.

the way i think about it is, every journey has a beginning, and we are the pioneers that listen to the research and put the non believers to shame.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The short answer is that there's more money in the current situation. Everyone knows that salmon and spinach are good for you, right? But there's a lot more money to be made in selling a low fat ready meal with 7% salmon, 11% spinach, 50% pasta and the rest miscellaneous additives than selling actual salmon and spinach.

It's the same with things like diabetes and heart disease. Doctors know that lifestyle is a factor, but most people are unwilling to change their lifestyle (I've seen people with lung cancer smoking outside the hospital) so it's easier just to prescribe drugs. Most doctors get the majority of their post-college eduction from drug companies, so their information is going to be biased towards drugs anyway.

The information is there. I have a couple of Heath news feeds to my phone, and while a lot of them are about drugs, there is plenty of information coming out proving that refined carbs is a factor in a huge number of conditions. But people don't want to be believe anything that disturbs their lifestyle.

Does anyone doubt that breastfeeding is good for mother and baby? There's a ton of evidence to support it, and every health organisation on the planet backs breastfeeding. Yet you ask any bottle feeding mother about it, and she'll tell you that formula is just as good (or sometimes better) and she's sick of breastfeeding nazis telling her what to do, and her mother bottle fed her and she's fine, thank you....

Is it any wonder that keto, which hasn't had the same sort of universal backing, is still the red-haired step child of the nutrition world?
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brianterz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Reformed90 View Post
    From what it seems, eating the right foods while on keto is healthy, but when people eat bacon and that sort of think I wouldn't say thats healthy
    Dude.. WTH.. there is nothing wrong with bacon.. Read the link op posted.. Keto by it self is low sodium.. so bacon can actually help keep the sodium at the correct levels.. Saturated fats are healthy too..

I agree with Eileen.. when most people actually see what we eat ( piece of steak and a pile of broccoli ) they notice how healthy it is.. its only when they see the macro breakdown they freak out..
    THE KETO DIET-- www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584922,00.html

YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My guess would be corporate greed and general public unawareness. Say a company released two products that were both delicious and tasted exactly the same (this is possible in my hypothetical universe) yet one had the slogan "98% FAT FREE" and the other "ONLY 4g NET CARBS", which one would sell more? It all comes down to marketing. The public want to hear something is low in fat so they get a false sense of relief when stuffing their faces with sugary foods, so the companies tell them it is.
    fluglotse

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by toolslave462@gmail.com View Post
    Why doesn't America know about the dangers of aspartame? Why doesn't America know maltodextrin, even though containing zero calories, actually is worse for you than sugar?

Why doesn't America know that eating 6 small meals a day has zero effect on your metabolism vs eating 1 large meal per day(Warrior Diet)?

probably the same reason you somehow think aspartame is bad for you, despite being the most studied artificial food additive and having zero conclusive evidence showing any danger with normal consumption.

and probably the same reason you somehow got the idea that maltodextrin has 0 calories and is somehow worse for you than sucrose despite maltodextrin having 4 calories per gram just like any other carb, and having no major difference from any other sugar. (excluding the obvious difference from the fructose in sucrose, which is a whole other topic, and has it's positives and negatives)

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i eat 6meals a day
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

Originally Posted by Opies View Post
    probably the same reason you somehow think aspartame is bad for you, despite being the most studied artificial food additive and having zero conclusive evidence showing any danger with normal consumption.

and probably the same reason you somehow got the idea that maltodextrin has 0 calories and is somehow worse for you than sucrose despite maltodextrin having 4 calories per gram just like any other carb, and having no major difference from any other sugar. (excluding the obvious difference from the fructose in sucrose, which is a whole other topic, and has it's positives and negatives)
    Are you serious? If you read my post history I rarely say anything without references. So don't attack me like this without knowing what you are talking about, because I do everybody a favor by knowing what I am talking about & posting evidence backing my claims should somebody wish to verify. If I don't know what I'm talking about, I usually say so in my posts.
    Last edited by toolslave462@gmail.com; 08-27-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Are you serious? If you read my post history I rarely say anything without references. So don't attack me like this without knowing what you are talking about, because I do everybody a favor by knowing what I am talking about & posting evidence backing my claims should somebody wish to verify. If I don't know what I'm talking about, I usually say so in my posts.
    I study nutrition for 2-4 hours per day. I can post links with studies all day long. Don't correct someone without evidence backing your claim.

By the way I apologize for saying maltodextrin had zero calories and claiming it was worse than sugar. I was actually unaware maltodextrin had 4 calories per gram until now. This is no reason to neglect the fact that maltodextrin has a GI of 100 and is on the same level as pure glucose. The whole point of drinking or eating sugar free products is to avoid the insulin spike that comes with sugar. Insulin spikes cause your body to store fat. Insulin spikes CAN be used to the advantage of a bodybuilder or athlete, but America on average does not exercise. Thus, maltodextrin and select other sweeteners as dextrose is causing the same negative side effects as sugar. They hide behind the sugar free labels to make their sales.

Read the first link and any others should you choose.
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=danger+of+aspartame

You can not deny scientific evidence, until another study is conducted under the same circumstances disproving said study. Which does in fact happen from time to time.
    Last edited by toolslave462@gmail.com; 08-27-2010 at 12:47 AM.

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I study nutrition for 2-4 hours per day. I can post links with studies all day long. Don't correct someone without evidence backing your claim.
    you are the one making claims, parhaps you should post the evidence.

By the way I apologize for saying maltodextrin had zero calories and claiming it was worse than sugar. I was actually unaware maltodextrin had 4 calories per gram until now. This is no reason to neglect the fact that maltodextrin has a GI of 100 and is on the same level as pure glucose. The whole point of drinking or eating sugar free products is to avoid the insulin spike that comes with sugar. Insulin spikes cause your body to store fat. Insulin spikes CAN be used to the advantage of a bodybuilder or athlete, but America on average does not exercise. Thus, maltodextrin and select other sweeteners as dextrose is causing the same negative side effects as sugar. They hide behind the sugar free labels to make their sales.
    GI is irrelevant unless you are diabetic. the GI scale should not be used by normal people, and 'insulinz spikez' are not what you make them out to be.

Read the first link and any others should you choose.
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=danger+of+aspartame
    LOL so your proof is Dr.Mercola? One of the biggest crack pots in this industry. You really expect me to go to his website and do anything other than laugh?

You can not deny scientific evidence, until another study is conducted under the same circumstances disproving said study. Which does in fact happen from time to time.
    You haven't laid out any scientific evidence. Don't fool yourself into thinking you have

rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000) rgurleyjr is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Don't argue with Opies. And I don't think Keto is healthy, I think it's stupid for anyone who does any type of training, especially endurance athletes.

LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LightForce has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One Word....MONEY!

They know all the information and have done their research. They know how to cure cancer and eliminate diabetes from exsistence...but they keep their patients coming back.

all about that $$$.....................sad....

Originally Posted by Opies View Post
    you are the one making claims, parhaps you should post the evidence.

GI is irrelevant unless you are diabetic. the GI scale should not be used by normal people, and 'insulinz spikez' are not what you make them out to be.

LOL so your proof is Dr.Mercola? One of the biggest crack pots in this industry. You really expect me to go to his website and do anything other than laugh?

You haven't laid out any scientific evidence. Don't fool yourself into thinking you have
    Honestly, I go by cold hard evidence. Show me proof aspartame is harmless to people that drink a 2 liter or a 12 pack of pepsi one a day and I'll be satisfied. So far I have only come across studies saying how bad it is. The only articles that say otherwise are articles bashing other articles studies and their accurateness. Saying someone studied something wrong doesn't mean that they proved it is safe, it only means they found a small flaw in the study, expoiting that flaw, therefore they say it must be useless. People will try anything.

Get me some evidence it is harmless, because I've already laid out where I got my facts from, all you do is exactly what I typed in the above paragraph.

GI and insulin spikes are VERY relevant. We are in a KETO forum guy. Everything I said was directed towards people on the KETO diet. If you want to argue about things not pertaining to KETO then you should not be in the KETO section.

I never said insulin spikes were bad either, I am on TKD and I utilize insulin spikes every post workout. What people in this section don't want, is eating something they think is sugar free, (because they want to avoid being kicked out of ketosis) and then eating something that contains hidden ingredients they didn't know would kick them out of ketosis. ***DISCLAIMER*** i have no clue how much dextros or maltodextrin it would take to kick you out of ketosis by the way.

Insulin spikes caused pre workout, can be counter productive to your goals as well.
    Ori Hofmekler:
    "Recent studies demonstrated that eating fast releasing foods before or during exercise could be counter effective, to say the least. Investigators in the school of sport and exercise science, University of Birmingham, Edgbastion, England found that ingestion of carbs before exercise adversely elevated plasma cortisol level. Interestingly enough, there was a significant reduction in post exercise cortisol when carbs were not ingested before exercise. Furthermore, there was a faster shift from carb to fat fueling during exercise, when a pre-exercise meal was not applied.

As for protein, what failed to reach main stream nutrition knowledge is the already established fact that protein rich foods raise cortisol level if applied incorrectly. Studies at the University of Lubeck, in Germany, found that oral administration of fast releasing protein foods such as hydrolyzed (pre-digested) proteins, have an even more profound cortisol elevating effect, compared to whole protein foods. Note that, chronic elevated cortisol has been associated with muscle waist and fat gain (in particular abdominal fat).

In summary, pre-exercise meals may rob the brain and muscle from energy (due to digestion). Eliminating the digestion effect of pre-exercise meals may only make things worse. Eating meals made from fast releasing proteins and cabs, before exercise, can cause a profound cortisol elevating effect during and after exercise. This may severely compromise ones ability to build muscle and burn fat.

In conclusion, DO NOT EAT before exercise, instead eat right after exercise."

***DISCLAIMER*** Note all the "coulds" & "mays"
    Last edited by toolslave462@gmail.com; 08-29-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    Fitness Freak - Nutrition Geek
    ...Certified Personal Trainer...
    ...US Marine Corps Veteran...

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

Goal: 205 lbs (Started in 2008 @ 120lbs)

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. profit

There is more profit peddling cheap garbage to the masses (think Walmart). And then leading them to believe that it's a good value, or even good nutrition. More is better here in the US.

2. an uneducated consumer

Has anyone seen the commercials about how we can meet our RDA servings of vegetables by eating pasta sauce, or drinking the new V8 fruit/vegetable juice? Also, misinformation is rampant, especially the 'elder' or 'outdated' information. Things like fat being the devil, hence fat-free foods packed with sugar.

Even the notion that fruits and vegetables are equal in regard to nutrition. In many ways, they are. However, the sugar loads that are being packed into kids everyday is mind blowing--fruit juice, dried fruits, in combo with eating too many sweet fruits daily. 'Natural' sweets have yet to warrant implication in the obesity trend, although I hope this day will come.

3. lobbyists

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/2...294/947/700777

I was surprised when I realized that there are so many types of food lobbyists that wield their financial/political power in the Committee on Ways, and Means. Lobbyists for the National Pasta Association work tirelessly to 'persuade' the Committee on Ways and Means, as do other groups.

• The American Bakers Association is working on a consumer research project about low-carb diets and is considering launching an aggressive public relations campaign to dispel what it considers myths about bread and other grain products.

• USA Rice, a trade association, is jumping on the bandwagon, trying to figure out ways with its limited budget to save rice's image.

The potato campaign is an effort to "save our reputation," says Linda McCashion, vice president of public relations for the United States Potato Board, a trade group based in Denver. "We were thought of as a health food until recently, and we want to regain that position."

http://www.jstor.org/pss/1963527

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

http://tastecincinnati-food.blogspot...-day-2009.html

There's a U.S. Durum Growers Association USDGA, The Pizza, Pasta and Italian Food Association, even an Association of Ice Cream Manufacturers. All that come equipped with lobbyists.

More....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1...ust_reloaded=1

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

USDA’s corruption of ‘organic food’ labeling shows how a Government HMO would hurt patients

http://www.businessword.com/index.ph...comments/2655/

Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition, and Health

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Politics-..._edpp_ttl_ex_f

Bottom line, it's a mess that's primarily profit driven--for big business, and for the drug companies that profit from sickness. So in this instance, an uneducated consumer is worth its weight in gold--the bigger the better. Also, the media is useless, as it survives on advertising dollars.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

I luv Demi Lovato! U mad? Skullaway's Avatar
    Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is too many people in the world.

If everyone stopped eating all the carbs and other junk they would have to eat something else.

If everyone starts eating up all the good fats and proteins then there will not be enough to go around!

I must ask you to stop this crusade and keep this knowledge to yourself. There is not enough good food to go around. Shh!

bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000)

Maltodrextrin has 4 calories per gram. It is not worse for you than sugar.

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maltodextrin is derived from wheat, but is gluten free after processing. It is "processed"....which is something that most Ketoers try to avoid. On the bright side, at least it doesn't have a percentage of Fructose like Table Sugar (Sucrose) does....which means that it's technically better for us than regular sugar. Maltodextrin definitely has it's uses in a TKD Keto diet.

Aspartame has been proven to be safe many times over.....but that fact that it metabolizes to formaldehyde makes me want to stay away from it anyway. :-)

That second opinions website has some great info.....but the Calories don't count thing, has been discussed here many times. While it's true that there is definitely more to HOW calories are utilized by individuals, and how hormones can increase or decrease the relative caloric value of any food.....some of the things said in that article simply are not true. Even without insulin, fat can still be stored.....thanks to ASP. Calories do count. If you had two people of the same sex, age, height, weight and BMR, 2,000 calories might make one of them fat, while allowing the other to lose weight......but calories still count. It's just not as perfect as the mainstream would have us believe.

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    One word: Capitalism. Trotsky said long ago that capitalists were toboganning mankind toward disaster with their eyes closed. And the US government high-carbohydrate food pyramid is toboganning americans toward cancer, diabetes and death.

Food corporations such as Nabisco, breakfast cereal corporations such as Kellogs, General Mills, bread corporations and most foods in the shelves of the supermarkets and grocery stores out there who are owned by the monopoly capitalist class. Cannot make huge profits if the US Health Care Department tells americans that the most perfect way of eating is low-carb.

The whole US economy would collapse real fast, if most americans get into a low carbohydrate Dr. Atkins lifestyle.

That's why the corporate media rejects low-carb doctors

So...After reading countless scientific studies, one major question comes to mind.

If keto is in fact healthy, and the rest of society is so misinformed... Why hasn't anyone brought all of this information to the media?

Read The Lipid Hypothesis and down

This explains how America came to the generalized mis-understanding that low fat diets are the healthy way to go about dieting these days.

Scientists have been looking for a way to stop diabetes, stop heart disease, stop cancer... and the evidence is all already there. The western diet, before processed foods became so popular, consisted of fruits veggies and meats and moderate / reasonable amounts of carbs, usually a piece of bread with butter or something. Back in the 1900's heart disease, cancer, diabetes, all of these weren't a problem.

Of course this claim is completely neglecting the fact that automobiles and factories started spewing out tons of chemicals into the air after the 1900's, which could be a leading cause for cancer, but I highly doubt it has any effect on diabetes or heart disease or obesity.

What are you guys' thoughts on this?
    http://how-to-be-a-nietzsche-superman.blogspot.com/

Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quikfeet509 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Access to the internets should be a privilege that is earned after taking tests in basic scientific theory and biomedical sciences.
    Silly nurses...