Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    That looks awesome! ^^^^ I would give up my gym membership in a minute if I could put in one of those.

I think hip thusts have been helping me too. I agree with you: doing certain new exercises definitely make you more "aware" of the muscle during everyday activities. I'm not quite up to the poundage you are yet, but I'll get there.
    Like I said before, the whole "home gym" thing was very slow coming for me. I never figured I would like it over going to the gym but now I am really loving it. I am going really slowly on the hip thrusters and only adding weight as I am certain I can handle it. Bret said he would gladly look at a video if I had any questions but I think I am doing okay on my own right now. It is amazing how much different I feel right now back there. If I manage to get through this season with no quad or hamstring pulls, Imma gonna fly to Bret's place and give him a big kiss.

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Cool setup!

I'd like to try those hip thrusts but I'm another who wouldn't be comfortable doing them in a public gym.
    Now that I am experiencing the "goodness" of this exercise, I have to say that I would do them in the gym. They are totally worth looking silly.

Rest day so no workout to report. Did lots of research on agility and speed work and progressions. Wrote my first formal agility workout and will be doing this and directing some of the team members tomorrow through it. I have a speed ladder, hurdles, cones and jump rope. This is gonna be fun! Once I work out the kinks, I am going to have a really solid and cool football training program designed for women. (first of its kind)
    Last edited by kfisherx; 10-08-2010 at 12:25 AM.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    Once I work out the kinks, I am going to have a really solid and cool football training program designed for women. (first of its kind)
    That's awesome! Do you video your games? I've never watched women's football.

kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by righter View Post
    That's awesome! Do you video your games? I've never watched women's football.
    Hey welcome to the girl footballer log. You know there are a LOT of videos of women playing football but all of our video is not yet released to the public.

Actually on this page is a video of the only game we lost all season. (And we got our asses handed to us too)

http://www.lvshowgirlz.com/

(2nd video down against the Portland Fighting Fillies)

I am playing DB at 20:50 and a got beat on this really long pass so I had to make the tackle. While my team played very poorly in this game, this is the only place in the video I was featured (keeping in mind it is the OTHER TEAM'S video of our mistakes) and that pass was just really hard to defend. I was right there, but the ball was thrown far enough ahead of her that she made a leap and caught it. Not really a defendable play and a damn good pass and catch on their part. I felt I had actually made the tackle as she caught the ball but the whistle did not blow so I came back around to do it right at 20:50:17. Looking at the tape it was actually a good call on the ref's part.

Okay so workout to report here. Did agility workout. Took about 45 minutes and it kicked-ass. I am very satisfied with the program I developed. This was a first revision and there will only be minor tweaks needed. Am sore in a good way and looking forward to watching the progression over the next weeks in technique as well as conditioning. I feel like I have a much better handle on balancing this sort of work with lifting now. My expectations will be to not be able to get to my 185lb squats this year as I am rebuilding technique from my rehab, but I may be able to do my 250 dead. We'll see where that all goes. In any case, I feel like I comprehend all of this so much better. Everyone says the rookie year is one of confusion and the second year is so much better. This is what they mean I suppose. I cannot wait to start playing sum football and feeling what that is like now.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like the agility workout was a blast. Is this something you do alone or do any of your team members use it as well? Do you all have your own trainers, how does that all work?

When's the first game?

I'm excited for your season!!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Sounds like the agility workout was a blast. Is this something you do alone or do any of your team members use it as well? Do you all have your own trainers, how does that all work?

When's the first game?

I'm excited for your season!!
    Kim... League rules are that the coaches and trainers are not allowed to do more tha 3 hours a month of anything with us in the off season. We do not start our real season until Feb and CAMP is in Jan. First game is sometime in March (Late) and we go until July. So in the official off season we are left to stay conditioned on our own. We looked up programs for football players and the volume was ridiculous. Programs for football players are all desinged for 20 year old men and our FEMALE only median team age is 32. So it did not work. Also women have special hip issues that we have to deal with more than men. Finally, men have been doing this all their lives and we have a LOT of brand newbies to football people. So I took it upon myself to create the agilities workout for our team. I had one other person with me and we ran through the workout and it was really solid. Of course I will continue to improve it as the season progresses.

And now the update RE the tryouts...

ROCKED IT!!!! I mean literally beat all my speed times from last year. My hips have never felt loser and my stride longer than they do now.. I have not only managed to rehab but have succesfuly begun to take care of this imblance that I have been dealing with the past years. I am taking care of it in my squat and in my running and it is paying off in so many ways.

THANKS TO EVERYONE who helped me to get to this but esp to Julie and Bret. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

My strength tests were actually a tiny bit down this year but my tennis elbow is still not 100% so I did not push anything too hard and I haven't been training upper very hard. I still managed 53 full fledged pushups in my 60 second window so not too shabby. Just not as good as last year. It's okay... I'll get that up but not before its time. Still going to under reach in my training until everything is 100%.

Outside of that the tryouts were pretty fun too. I showed up in sweats with a black tank shirt (like I always wear for lifting) and running shorts under that. So I take off the sweats as the coach is starting his "spiel" RE the team, the season, etc to the rookies. I join the others and he looks at me and stops mid sentence and says, "Girl you are ripted".. HA HA HA

He doesn't see me in the locker room and am usually in full pads for practice so he was shocked. So then I did a front double-bi pose for everyone and he introduced me to the rookies as the team's eldest stateswomen... I then got to give the rookies my "spiel" I told them that anyone who beat me today at the tryouts and later on the cicuit could call me old. Then I looked them all in the face and said, "The rest of you can call me Ma'am"

Then as I put in top score on many of the events I heard a few of them remark how "unbelieveable" it was (you know since I am so old and all) . I beat my 10 my 40 and my 800 time from last year. In fact, I came in 2nd place of everyone in the 800. Only one tiny thing beat me but she sucked at most everything else so I told her she can call me old once she gets some upper body strength and some agility to go with her distance running. LOL!!!

They were all calling me "Ma'am" by the end of the night...

Rookies are fun!!!!

And with that I have officially earned my spot on the Portland Fighting Fillie Women's Professional Football Team and my 2nd season has officially begun!!!

And a pic from the evening events

Last edited by kfisherx; 10-10-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Rest day for me today. Was too amped up to sleep properly last night so only had 4 hours or so. Made for a tough day at work (cannot focus) and am a bit beat this evening. It is my deadlift workout so putting off until tomorrow so I can get me sum...

I am beginning my SUCK (deficit) now in a more serious way since injuries seem to be mostly healed. It sux already.
    Last edited by kfisherx; 10-11-2010 at 11:53 PM.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rest day for me today. Was to amped up to sleep properly last night so only had 4 hours or so. Made for a tough day at work (cannot focus) and am a bit beat this evening. It is my deadlift workout so putting off until tomorrow so I can get me sum...

I am beginning my SUCK (deficit) now in a more serious way since injuries seem to be mostly healed. It sux already.
    "EMBRACING THE SUCK"...SUCKS! LOL...

Congrats on earning your spot, though I knew that wouldn't be an issue.

That's an awesome pic, you look great!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

They were all calling me "Ma'am" by the end of the night...

And a pic from the evening events

Love it, love it, love it!!!!!

And I love the pic, too.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Thanks girls. I am still on a bit of a high from it all.

That said...

Tonight's workout SUCKED HARDCCORE. I was as weak as a school girl. The workout rep/rests scheme changed so that is part of it but still it was not as expected. I obviously have something not in balance here. Either I am simply not recovered from my Sunday tryout, I am hitting the deficit too hard, am dehydrated or I am sick. LOL!!

I will admit to some DOMs pain so that may be part of it all too. In any case, am going to not push too hard until I have reworked this and am a warrior again. Will take extra care to get plenty of water and rest and make sure the calories are in check.

Workout B: NROL FL I: (Significantly Modified for rehab, etc)
    Phase - general fitness
    Goal - balance deficit versus performance, under reach
    (B) = better than last effort
    (PR) = personal best

Warmup: 3x6 (no rests alternating sets)
    Deads (45lb), db Incline press (15e), hip thrusters (45lb), lat pulls (25), db incline press (15 e), calf jumps 25 reps

Workout = 3 sets, 10 reps and 45 second rests unless otherwise specified

Alternating set 1
    Deads: 1x10x95, 2x10x135
    Incline db press: 1x10x20e, 1x10x25e, 1x10x30e

Alternating set 2
    bss: (each leg): 1x12xbw, 1x12x20, 1x7x25*
    lat pull-down wide grip:3x10x50***

Rebab Alternating set
    Hip Thrusters: 3x10x95
    db arm raises : 3x10x5e

Conditioning/core set: ***
    Plyo jumps: 3x10xbw
    bicycles: 3x10xbw

* got a cramp in my foot and could not finish last reps (got 2 cramps during this which is why I am suspecting that I may be a bit dehydrated)
    ** Felt a weird pull in the right shoulder so stay WAY light on these
    *** The whole workout was so weak that I decided to bag the metabolic set as that is the last thing I need right now. I will not do this work again until I am feeling like a warrior again.

And thus ends another day....

Embracing the suck today and resting.... I frocking want to eat. Hunger is the pain of fat leaving the body so I am focusing on that aspect. Am still keeping close eye on recovery and performance. If I cannot get performance back then I will stick this weight and hit the season a bit higher.

Body feels a lot better than yesterday so I believe I am recovering despite the deficit. I have a dinner date tomorrow so will not get my squat workout in until Sat (after my agility workout). Strategy is to keep agility workout light so I can liftez the waitz on Saturday.

Sigh... So much of a balancing act right now. It was so much better when I was 20 years old and could just recover from workouts without so much thinking...

Whoops. Forgot to post my agility workout last night. My excuse is that I was carb loaded afterwards which caused massive sleepiness. (and some silliness too)

Agility workout on Friday was AWESOME again. The program is really, really solid and I am very happy with it. I am also happy with my increased performance over last time I ran it. The problem with it is that it wears me down pretty hard. It is sort of like a 45 min HIT workout. It really destroys my quads too. But not in the "good" (get big muscle way).

I made the decision to do a proper re-feed after the workout last night due to the fact that both my hamstring and tennis elbow injuries are feeling a bit off this week. I am a bit concerned to do a deficit as long as I am feeling any sort of pain. So am being careful. It is interesting because the scale is not moving but I am most def getting smaller and looking leaner. It is a pretty nice recomp I got going on. It may well be the case though that 133 is as low as I can go and still maintain any sort of performance with this sort of work. Mixing this much cardio into my program is BAD news unfortunately.

I woke up exhausted this morning so laid around and did some resting/eating and managed a light workout this evening. Again I made sure to not PR or do anything BEST this workout. Just kept it easy until I am feeling 100% warrior again.

Workout A: NROL FL I: (Modified for rehab, etc)
    Phase - general fitness
    Goal - under reach in weights not in effort
    (PR) = personal best

All rests = 45 seconds and reps are 10

Warm up: (2x6 with no rests)
    squats @45lbs
    low rows @ 50lbs
    db military press @15lbs e

Alternating set #1
    Bench Squats - (10 reps) 95lb,95lb, 110lb (B)*
    Low cable row (12 reps) 50,60.70

Alternating set #2
    hip thrusts (95, 2x115) (B) **
    db push press 20ex3

Alternating set #3
    raises, 5lb for rehab of tennis elbow
    lower Russian twist 3x10xbw

foam rolling of lower back and hammies

* and ** (Whoops. Appears as I did a couple of Bests here) The squats are weird for me because I was lifting 200lbx12 in my bulk last year. Then I had this SI injury and I totally had to build up from scratch and rework my form as well. So tonight the 95s felt really strong and I just did 110 thinking I had done that before since starting but wasn't so. Oh well. Not complaining. It was a good workout after all especially on the heels of that agility workout last night.

Nothing like a good carb load/re-feed baby!!! Food-a-bol for the win!!!!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Congrats on getting your spot on the team! Like we had any doubt

Don't over analyze too much. Sometimes a poopy workout is just a poopy workout. It's like those awesome workouts which by all accounts should have been a poopy workout.

Ma'am

Congrats on getting your spot on the team! Like we had any doubt

Don't over analyze too much. Sometimes a poopy workout is just a poopy workout. It's like those awesome workouts which by all accounts should have been a poopy workout.

Ma'am
    Thanks and yeah... I know. They still suck.

Today I did a nice and slow 25 mile bike ride in the amazing Portland Autumn air. Ahhhh... Life is good.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Way to school those young girls, Karla!

Glad you got your spot.... even though there was never any doubt!

Keep up the awesome work! Don't worry too much about the off days, because you know a good day is always coming up soon!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Way to school those young girls, Karla!

Glad you got your spot.... even though there was never any doubt!

Keep up the awesome work! Don't worry too much about the off days, because you know a good day is always coming up soon!

Thanks for the cheers Neighbor and you know what? You were right. I had a MUCH better workout last night than last week. The great thing about a crappy workout the week prior is that EVERYTHING is a (B) or improved the next time.

Workout B:
    Phase - general fitness
    Goal - balance deficit versus performance, under reach
    Diet = slight deficit but not at performance expense
    (B) = better than last effort (X)=worse from last effort
    (PR) = personal best

Warmup: 3x6 (no rests alternating sets)
    Deads (45lb), db bench press (20e), hip thrusters (45lb), lat pulls (25)
    Plyos (box jump) 3x10

Workout = 3 sets, 10 reps and 45 second rests unless otherwise specified

Alternating set 1
    Deads: 1x10x110, 1x10x135, 1x10x155 (B)
    db press: 3x10x30e*

Alternating set 2
    bss: (each leg): 1x10xbw, 1x10x15, 1x0x20 (B)*
    lat pull-down wide grip:3x10x55, 2x10x65 (B)

Rebab Alternating set 3
    Hip Thrusters: 1x10x95,2x10x135 (B)
    db arm raises : 3x10x3e (X)**

bicycles: 3x15xbw

* Much more stable this week and no cramping in feet = better overall results
    ** Elbow is significantly worse. Numbing in hand this week as well. Am backing WAY off and also beginning regular Alieve and icing again. Fuk this is a crappy injury

Due to the tennis elbow thing I will continue to keep weights lower than I feel is possible in the next phase. I am moving to the rep/set/rests scheme of the hypertrophy program but must keep same goals until I can really be 100%. The hamstring is also still somewhat tight but it is manageable with the rehab work I am doing. I am starting to get the hang of these hip thruster things and will likely be able to push some pretty big numbers there since that doesn't involve my elbow at all.

Did a workout at my gym on Thursday so that I could go join the guys at the cigar bar in the evening for the Oregon Duck/UCLA game. Those Ducks are kicking sum ass this year. Of course they haven't played anyone (rated) yet. ROTFLMAO!!

Workout was very weird/modified due to the fact there are no straight bars in the gym and they have some other "fun" stuff too. Fun stuff would be the leg extension machine. I LOVE to watch my quad muscles in that machine. I am getting reDid a workout at my gym on Thursday so that I could go join the guys at the cigar bar in the evening for the Oregon Duck/UCLA game. Workout was very weird/modified due to the fact there are no straight bars in the gym and they have some other "fun" stuff too. Fun stuff would be the leg extension machine. I LOVE to watch my quad muscles in that machine. I am getting really muscled this go around. My back is popping and my quads are starting to get some meat back on them. So far in my cut I have gained about 3 lbs. Not really going so well there is it? I HATE how fat I am but I am LOVING the performance and the gains I am making on the field and in the gym. I am simply not motivated to let that go so keep eating for that instead of loss. I will try to seek some balance here since I cannot continue on this path all year without becoming a lineman.

Squat workout
    Phase - general fitness
    (PR) = personal best

squats @45lbs
    low rows @ 50lbs

Alternating set #1 (10 reps)
    db gobblet Squats - 45lb,55lb, 65lb
    Low cable row 50,60.70

Alternating set #2 (10 reps)
    knee ext jp fitness forum75,85,90x2
    db milt press 20ex2, 30ex2

Alternating set #3 (rehab work)
    raises, 5lbe
    SLDL 3x10xbw

Had an AWESOME first practice with the team today. I burned it freak'n up out there. Am exceedingly fast compared to last year and significantly more agile. My hips are more open so feel a lot more confident. I am also not sore like I was all year last year from the work. I feel like I am really starting to get the hang of all this cardio work and lifting. It really is a matter of watching volume in the gym. ally muscled this go around. My back is popping and my quads are starting to get some meat back on them. So far in my cut I have gained about 3 lbs. Not really going so well there is it? I HATE how fat I am but I am LOVING the performance and the gains I am making on the field and in the gym. I am simply not motivated to let that go so keep eating for that instead of loss. I will try to seek some balance here since I cannot continue on this path all year without becoming a lineman.

Squat workout
    Phase - general fitness
    (PR) = personal best

squats @45lbs
    low rows @ 50lbs

db gobblet Squats - 45lb,55lb, 65lb
    Low cable row 50,60.70

knee ext jp fitness forum75,85,90x2
    db milt press 20ex2, 30ex2

Alternating set #3 (rehab work)
    raises, 5lbe
    SLDL 3x10xbw

Had an AWESOME first practice with the team today. I burned it freak'n up out there. Am exceedingly fast compared to last year and significantly more agile. My hips are more open so feel a lot more confident. I am also not sore like I was all year last year from the work. I feel like I am really starting to get the hang of all this cardio work and lifting. It really is a matter of watching volume in the gym.

"So far in my cut I have gained about 3 lbs."

This made me LOL and think to myself..."Now that is my kind of cut!"

It sounds like everything is going real well for you. I'm excited for your season, this is going to be great!

Keep up the great work!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think that's why she started that crazy/silly diet thread

Seriously, everyone should try this at home...

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    . I am getting really muscled this go around. My back is popping and my quads are starting to get some meat back on them. So far in my cut I have gained about 3 lbs. Not really going so well there is it? I HATE how fat I am but I am LOVING the performance and the gains I am making on the field and in the gym. I am simply not motivated to let that go so keep eating for that instead of loss. I will try to seek some balance here since I cannot continue on this path all year without becoming a lineman.

I don't see any fat in those pics. I see an awe-inspiring athlete.

Dead serious.

"Meaty Quads" are the best kind.
    For what I don't know

This made me LOL and think to myself..."Now that is my kind of cut!"

It sounds like everything is going real well for you. I'm excited for your season, this is going to be great!

Keep up the great work!
    LOL!! It is fine Kim. Performance and bodybuilding are TWO different beasts entirely. If I was on a bodybuilding type cut for a show I would be MUCH more strict RE the cals. As it is I must balance my health and my performance on the field with my desire to not be too fat. I agree with you. I think I am doing just fine so far in this arena. I was hoping to hit 130ish at some point in time and I have a bunch more time so still may but will not freak out too much if not.

That was such an awesome re-feed. I just had to share it.

I don't see any fat in those pics. I see an awe-inspiring athlete.

Dead serious.

"Meaty Quads" are the best kind.
    Awwwww... Thanks dear. It is hard to deal with the self image thing as an athlete sometimes. I so want to be more lean but I am hanging in there and doing what I know is best instead of what looks best.

So I went to workout this week only to discover that it is a scheduled rest week. So I have been largely sitting on my ass this week and respecting the scheduled time off. I have learned that if I do not give myself these weeks, that I will eventually injure myself.

So being boring for awhile and letting log slide a bit.

Tomorrow AM is team agilities and next week I get back at it!
    Last edited by kfisherx; 10-29-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Whoops. Forgot to log my workout on Saturday. So much going on is my excuse. The agility workout was fun. I had about 6 others there so had to direct it but they all found the program useful. I did not work as hard as normal due to the fact I was sort of watching other but I got in some good sweating. Afterwards, we did some passing drills which was awesome.

After the agility drills on Sat, we had a team Halloween community event/fundraiser. All the girls dressed up and we put on a little party for kids. It was fun to watch but I am sooo done with kids. LOL! Funny how after yours are grown that you get "done" with them. I suppose when I have a grandkid that I will be okay again. Then after the community event we all went over to someone's house for an "after" party where we played Texas Hold 'em and drank until the wee hours of the morning. I ate a goodly amount of candy, cookies and pizza on this day.

Yesterday we started football 101 classes. Football 101 are weekly classes that we hold to go over the rules and playbooks. And this is where the whole professional team thing gets hard. It isn't like we have practice and games and we're done. We have so many other things that we do during the week. It really is like another job.

After football 101, a couple of us went to the gym to get our lift on. I am starting to work more hypertrophy now and I am going with a program based on the concepts that Bret wrote about in his log. Bret posted a study on how quickly women recover especially in the upper muscle group where they are disproportionately weaker. He argues that we can do full body workouts and get better results. I have been doing full body for my fat loss and prehab but was going for more traditional splits for hypertrophy. Now I am going to do more full body just to see how this goes.

I am still practising under reaching and hitting the last set at about 80-90% only. I have learned this past week that I have aspergers which is the cause of me not feeling pain like a normal person. While I am working on establishing a more normal pain meter it is essential that I stay in a safe zone for awhile IMHO.

Squat workout
    Phase - hypertrophy
    (PR) = personal best

All rests = 60 seconds and reps are 10

gobblet squats @40 lbs
    press @ 20lbs e
    bss (each leg) 10 e
    lat pulls (70lb)
    db RDL - 30 e
    Box plyo jumps 3x10

db gobblet Squats - 45lb,55lbx2, 65lb (B)
    flat bench db press - 25e, 35ex2

db bss - 15ex3 (B)
    Lat pulls- 90, 105x2 (B)*

Alternating set #3
    db RDL - 30e, 40ex2 (B) **
    db Milt press - 25ex2, 30x1 (B)

Alternating set #4 (rehab work)
    raises, 6lbe ***
    Hip thrusters (bw only) ****

* Lat pulls were easy due to different machine. My home version is HARD
    ** Stayed light on these as my hammie was talking to me
    **** Stayed light on these too due to tennis elbow injury (Will this ever heal?)
    **** Did not weight these as I did not have my Hampton thick pad. Also I was teaching these to the other girls and did not want to intimidate them by adding a bar, etc. They need to get good form first.

Got my Wed lift on. First time in the strength ranges and this girl is showing signs of a come back!

Dead workout
    Phase - hypertrophy
    (PR) = personal best

Warm up: (2x5 with no rests)
    Dead @45 lbs and 135lb
    incline press @ 20lbs e
    db fly flat bench (each leg) 10 e
    hip thrusters (135lb)

Box plyo jumps 3x10 with 30 sec rest

Deads (90 sec rests and 5 reps)
    1x5x135, 2x5x185 (B)*

Alternating set #1 (45 sec rests and 10 reps)
    incline db press - 3x10x25
    flat bench db flyw- 3x10x15

Hip thrusters (90 sec rests and 5 reps)
    3x5x155 (B)

db bss - 15ex3 (B)

Superset (30 sec rest after both performed) by 10 reps)
    db curls; 10e, 20e, 15e
    crunches: bwx3 sets

rehab work
    cable abductor pulls: 3x10x5lb (each leg)

*Am super, duper stocked that I am doing 185lb on the deads again. This is the first time achieving this weight since an SI injury from the summer before last. This also done while maintaining weight and not hypercaloric or only very slightly so. All good stuff...

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Also I was teaching these to the other girls and did not want to intimidate them by adding a bar, etc. They need to get good form first.
    Good teaching, Karla. Maybe you should become a personal trainer after your season is over!

Sounds like everything is going according to plan, or exceeding your expectations. When do you play your first game?
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Solid work Karla, looking good!

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Good teaching, Karla. Maybe you should become a personal trainer after your season is over!

Sounds like everything is going according to plan, or exceeding your expectations. When do you play your first game?
    I actually have my PT cert Charles. I don't do it for a living but can if I want to.

Our schedule is due to come out sometime this month. Our first game is sometime in Feb so we are a long way off from actually playing. You can follow along though and watch as we suit up for the first time and do our first full pad practices. Lots and lots of bruises and pain to follow.

Solid work Karla, looking good!
    Thanks girl. Been thinking about you the past few days. I am a bit pre occupied lately with my own struggles so have been sort of silent in the logs lately but I am starting to come back now.

This past week I am learning a lot about my recent neurological disorder awareness and trying to understand what that means to me in the future if anything at all. Nothing like some good ol' fashioned therapy to really shake up a girl's foundation.

Today is rest day and tomorrow will be agilities.

Got my Wed lift on. First time in the strength ranges and this girl is showing signs of a come back!

Dead workout
    Phase - hypertrophy
    (PR) = personal best

Warm up: (2x5 with no rests)
    Dead @45 lbs and 135lb
    incline press @ 20lbs e
    db fly flat bench (each leg) 10 e
    hip thrusters (135lb)

Box plyo jumps 3x10 with 30 sec rest

Deads (90 sec rests and 5 reps)
    1x5x135, 2x5x185 (B)*

Alternating set #1 (45 sec rests and 10 reps)
    incline db press - 3x10x25
    flat bench db flyw- 3x10x15

Hip thrusters (90 sec rests and 5 reps)
    3x5x155 (B)

db bss - 15ex3 (B)

Superset (30 sec rest after both performed) by 10 reps)
    db curls; 10e, 20e, 15e
    crunches: bwx3 sets

rehab work
    cable abductor pulls: 3x10x5lb (each leg)

*Am super, duper stocked that I am doing 185lb on the deads again. This is the first time achieving this weight since an SI injury from the summer before last. This also done while maintaining weight and not hypercaloric or only very slightly so. All good stuff...
    Indeed!

I hope you don't mind I copied and printed that. ^^^^ It looks super interesting and I may "borrow" from your playbook.
    For what I don't know

Indeed!

I hope you don't mind I copied and printed that. ^^^^ It looks super interesting and I may "borrow" from your playbook.

Just understand that this workout is a very integrated and specific piece of an actual training plan that I am developing. The volume, the sets and reps all have reasoning behind them as well as work ups to them. Some of the concepts are being beta tested. I would not recommend doing this one just on a whim. MUCH better plans than this.

Just understand that this workout is a very integrated and specific piece of an actual training plan that I am developing. The volume, the sets and reps all have reasoning behind them as well as work ups to them. Some of the concepts are being beta tested. I would not recommend doing this one just on a whim. MUCH better plans than this.
    Understood.
    For what I don't know

Understood.
    Yeah, you have enough common sense to get it.... I just wanted to put my "standard" disclaimer on it as often people will copy what I am doing fairly blindly.