Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FLChamp View Post
    I can curl the 40-lb dumbbells with pretty solid form...heh. Don't know what to say to someone who thinks 40-lbs for a male is heavy weight. I know women who can db bench that...

Other than that, the "researched article" just seems like a lot of stuff that the guy saw on his first few trips to the gym. Not really something to make such a big deal about...

My problem with this article, though, is that the OP is calling people...noobs. With his stats and his physique, it just makes him look really hypocritical. Everyone's a trainer these days, though.
    That's the funny part, instead of reading the article and talking about whether you agree with the specific points or not, i.e., doing the actual research--you look at my picture and my stats, and then think "Well if he looks like that, he can't possibly be right." There are people who've posted articles on this forum, and no one has viewed their articles negatively, and yet they have NO picture, NO stats. So what you're recommending is, I delete everything, or like some people exaggerate my stats instead of being honest. You're telling me you were born super-fit??

You're telling me the problem with my article is calling people noobs, right? I agree, it was a harsh term, but I didn't think anyone would get emotional about the term.

But tell me something... Do you take 10 minute breaks between sets? Do you do 25 reps? Do you never sweat in a gym? Do you do 300 crunches per day? Do you JUST do cardio with zero weight training?

Would you consider someone who does all of that, and not make any progress, as someone who wastes his time at the gym?

Can you honestly tell me that I'm 100% wrong on everything in my article? Most of this stuff has been reiterated in hundreds of posts I've seen on BodyBuilding.com or on credible websites related to fitness.

My intentions were never to upset you, but it seems people get upset at the smallest things.

Paulbates88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paulbates88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha... **** me this got outa control...

i see the logical sense on both sides.. however the OP you honestly are in no place to be arguing with others that have obviously been doing this ALOT longer than you..

ya sure you have the ability to do your research and yes ofcourse, you have some valid points... but do us all a a favour, and simply take some advice from the more experienced builders. regardless of what you say, you have alot to learn, and unless your an arnold(not taking away from the numerous idols out there), you will ALWAYS be learning, as im sure arnold never stopped aswell.. which means TAKING into consideration what others have said, whether you choose to apply it to your own or not.

if this issue of lowering the weight in a controlled manner (which seems to be the highlight ), is actually such a problem, im sure it would be all over the place, and be a highlighted recommendation noted in almost every article attaining to lifting weights(dont thin i have ever seen that recommendation, regardless of you thinking it through logically). Im sure yes it MAY have an impact and possibly place strain or potentially injure you.

however... to the contrary, would it not make sense that it would also improve your overall strength, especially stability muscles supporting the lift, if you were to train and keep control of the weight through the ENTIRE process??... you just look like an idiot arguing with everyone. leave it man, and realize that you should not be giving ANY advice regarding proper form, IN or OUTSIDE the gym, unless you have the experience to back it up, not just some research.... give it a couple years, and come back and let us know how dropping them benefited you.

im not arguing with anyone... and that is the point is it not? we all have GOALS, all have INSPIRATION, and a PROCESS in which we go about it to attain these GOALS... leave it at that, IF the OP wants to look like a douche or wimp in the gym... let him(considering your talking about dropping 40lbs not 100lb DBs), IF you lower the weight controlled, then do it up, ya sure you may have a risk, but whats life without a lil risk eh? EVERYONE to their OWN...

just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by Paulbates88; 08-27-2010 at 11:21 PM.

4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10) 4everneo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Personally everyone is different. Every exercise is going to be different and every rep is going to be different for other people. This is mainly the reason why i go to the gym at 7 in the morning so I can just stay away from everyone else. If i want to scream i'm going to because i've picked a gym that allows that kind of mental output. Where if you are on your cellphone they will ask you to go sit on a bike. Who you choose to lift with or be around is pretty much your own decision for the most part.

By the way if you try to put a 150lb dumbbell down all nice in pretty two things are going to happen.. One your going to stretch the muscle (awesome!) Thats a good thing. Second, thats a lot of stretch weight and whats probably going to happen is your going to end up tearing the muscle. So great advice... Here is a logical awnser to everyone: Leave your goddamn ego @ the door. What you do in the gym does not affect anyone else. If someone comes up to you and ask for advice help them and leave it at that.

ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ansatsuken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Brian94 View Post
    for those neurotic OCD people in the gym that don't like that, grow up, stop assuming you can control everyone and stop getting annoyed by every little thing or you'll live an unhappy life.
    Take your own advice

I had an average looking guy in JEANS... IN JEANS... in the gym... telling me how to do dumbbell flyes, when I had already looked up how to do it online years ago.
    I wear jeans sometimes on non leg days. Sorry I don't get all my sweet Puma gear matching before the gym like you lol
    Oh...somedays right after work I wear Dockers slacks. Come at me bro
    Banish The Omen

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's the funny part, instead of reading the article and talking about whether you agree with the specific points or not, i.e., doing the actual research--you look at my picture and my stats, and then think "Well if he looks like that, he can't possibly be right." There are people who've posted articles on this forum, and no one has viewed their articles negatively, and yet they have NO picture, NO stats. So what you're recommending is, I delete everything, or like some people exaggerate my stats instead of being honest. You're telling me you were born super-fit??

You're telling me the problem with my article is calling people noobs, right? I agree, it was a harsh term, but I didn't think anyone would get emotional about the term.

But tell me something... Do you take 10 minute breaks between sets? Do you do 25 reps? Do you never sweat in a gym? Do you do 300 crunches per day? Do you JUST do cardio with zero weight training?

Would you consider someone who does all of that, and not make any progress, as someone who wastes his time at the gym?

Can you honestly tell me that I'm 100% wrong on everything in my article? Most of this stuff has been reiterated in hundreds of posts I've seen on BodyBuilding.com or on credible websites related to fitness.

My intentions were never to upset you, but it seems people get upset at the smallest things.
    There's not really much to research. A lot of what you posted in the article just look like personal experiences you've had at the gym. In other words, it's not a big deal, you have no room to talk, people are new to the gym, etc... A lot of that stuff could be considered to be just newbie to the gym behavior. Whether or not I "studied" your article and the information that lies therein is irrelevant at this point.

It's not the fact that you look the way you do and you give advice. I honestly don't care about your looks (and didn't even notice until I saw other people ripping you for it), but the point still stands - with the way you look, and your lifting stats, do you really have the right to be so critical of others? From the looks of things, you should get yourself on the right track first before you start worrying about others. Hell, even people who have their **** together don't worry about that sort of thing.

I'm not really "overemotional" about anything in regards to this topic, but reading this **** did give me a good laugh. Regardless, though, if someone is doing all of that in the gym, ask yourself: Is it really that important? Are these people your children or something? You don't have to worry about others in the gym; point, blank, period. It's really not a big deal, bud.

And that's another problem: You're either parroting old information or you're just bitching about stuff that really...doesn't...matter... I don't see what's so hard about that. Again, I wasn't offended by anything in this topic: I found your complaints to be quite humorous, though. You weren't 100% wrong, but what do you want me to tell you? That you're absolutely correct? Because then I'm sure that we both know that I'd be talking right out of my ass if I said yes.

Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by yeahbuddy1 View Post
    I don't think it's an issue all this dropping weights things. The floors are all reinforced. Better to drop and avoid injury. Of course if you can put them down safely, then do it.

The biggest thing is to avoid injury. I wrecked my back, my shoulder, my ankle and knee's through sport, weakens you forever, so play safe guys. But not so safe you don't make progress.
    people can easily put down weights without dropping them and without injury. if not, then learn - if you want to learn how to dumbbell bench, then learn it from start (getting the weight off the ground to the benching position) to finish (putting the weight back down on the ground safely). the biggest problem i have with people dropping weights is that my gym has the weights on the ground floor, with the cardio/pool/lockers/etc in the basement. when people drop weights and you are downstairs, it sounds and feels like a earthquake - you can feel the ground vibrate and see the mirrors on the walls shake. plus, its one of the rules - i abide by them, and others should have the common courtesy to do the same. if you want to drop the weights, either go to a different gym that allows it or dont work out.

Registered User chriscarter1988's Avatar
    Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if thats what they enjoy doing, and it makes them happy, why shouldnt they?
    Theres loads of things i do that i enjoy that are a waste of time, but i have fun doing them so whats the problem?
    Nothing is over!

uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uzthedentist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah today i heard a couple of guys chatting after doing ONE SET of 30kg dumbbell presses where they did a spotted 6 reps about creatine. this convo lasted about 5 mins and one of the guys said 'id never try creatine, ive heard some real horror stories'

they both left the gym after that 1 set lol!
    Royal College of Surgeons member

Youtube channel : UZTHEDENTIST

http://121dental.co.uk/

Registered User chriscarter1988's Avatar
    Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chriscarter1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by uzthedentist View Post
    yeah today i heard a couple of guys chatting after doing ONE SET of 30kg dumbbell presses where they did a spotted 6 reps about creatine. this convo lasted about 5 mins and one of the guys said 'id never try creatine, ive heard some real horror stories'

they both left the gym after that 1 set lol!
    hahahahah, i remember when i first tarted bb and was like 'whey protein, im never taking that, you dont need it and its cheating' i was the same with creatine and everything. within a week i had 4 tubs of whey and creatine caps.
    Nothing is over!

jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jryager2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're one to talk:

For someone who use to look like that, you must have a big ego to sling mud at people who you've never even met.

This pic could haunt me in my sleep.

please, don't talk **** about someone else's physique, its bad taste

tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hahahahah you negged me because you're mad?

and to tell me to grow up?

while you're typing away about you're little pet peeves, those people (me included) are bettering themselves

so what if they drop a weight, so what if they sweat a little, they're putting in work while you bitch about.

why dont you just shut the **** up and put in work. You obviously need it.

I have never had a bad day in the gym no matter what anyone else did, the only bad days i've had were my own fault.

sweat on the bar never lowered my squat weight. the only problem was if i didnt put in enough work to leave sweat myself.

heh, "grow up"....

you need to do some growing of your own, literally and figuratively.

tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tajm611 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jerks like you piss me off too. You just go around insulting other people because it makes you feel superior to others.

If you're not dropping the weights, it's because you're a noob--- and you are, you just confessed. You confessed right here: " and dont go beyond what I cant lift"

Buddy, when you get to actually large weights, go ahead and try to put it on the floor quietly, you'll injure yourself. Then come back and give others advice.
    >>when you get to actually large weights
    >>when you get to actually large weights

You really shouldn't tell people what to do. The article was approved; it's well-researched and I put some great thought into it.

You'd be surprised how many people lift weights for years without doing any research except what someone else told them. My physique may not be perfect, but that doesn't mean I can't give helpful advice.
    so you've been spending all this time researching, and not lifting, and you still landed on bull **** information?

OH THE IRON KNEE.

You can't even spell **** and you're calling me retarded? Grow the hell up man.

Jeez, why everyone here so immature? I guess since it's the internet you like talkin' trash.
    OH THE IRON KNEE x2

Dude you're stupid. You're here, talking trash
    OH THE IRON KNEE X3

Right well, everyone has to start somewhere. I put those pics up so that I can see my progress after months go by. My muscles don't look that big because of the layer of fat covering them.
    HAHA oh wow.

I'm really bewildered by how people rage so much on this forum whenever someone makes a simple suggestion they don't like. These weren't suggestions I just made up, it's stuff that's all over the web and I've heard many of them from trainers and body builders in the past.

vs. you getting into a rage because we're all telling you how wrong you are?

also, lol at you even admitting you don't have experience and are just repeating things other people said.

and now, OP, just answer me this.

would you ever tell those people in your gym all of these things to their face instead of hiding behind your computer?
    Didn't think so.

You feel man enough to run off at the mouth about **** you apparently have no clue/ experience with where you're protected but you know you are far from man enough to deal with it like you should.

Your pet peeve is some one being courteous and cleaning a little bit extra? or training to failure and dropping weight? or maybe just hurting and dropping weight? or realizing they COULD hurt them selves and dropping weight?

maybe our pet peeve is dumb ****s spouting off horrible information.

NicS1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Article

JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    hahahahah you negged me because you're mad?
    No way! Brian negged you?

Repped.

FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FJRod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Amazing Article

Great article/ physique to back it up, keep helping those noobs we were all there once and we learn something new everyday.
    Yes am very talented.

henrik1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henrik1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just love it how this guy is giving advice and being all high and mighty about it even though you couldnt tell he works out lol

and he even ignores the stuff the pros say , what a gym idiot
    -hard work beats talent when talent isnt working hard
    -Don't ever try. Do it or don't.
    -Even if you fall down face first, you've gone forward.
    -Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It has become clear that not only do you not know what the fuk you're talking about, but you can't word your posts properly either. Don't go defensive if others call you out on the unclear retarded claims you make.

In the future refrain from making threads if you can't shut the hell up when people point out what you said wrong. And yes OP, you are the finest example of a gym idiot.

5 star thread, would read again, would read to my kids.
    lófasz

JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000) JustLost is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JanesLastResort View Post

5 star thread, would read again, would read to my kids.
    Five pages -- the OP should be proud.

MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrOJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great motivation :, I must agree with them all , I'd also definately add shocking form to the list. I saw a woman the other day on the bicep curl machine (1st problem) she was basically shaking in the machine not moving her arms much at all. One of the funniest things in the gym I've seen.

no no no wait, one more thing.

10) The people who go to the gym WALK on a treadmill for 30mins then go home, I won't even begin to explain whats wrong with that haha

Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flinsbaugh has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks, read it all.

darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PalmarLegacy View Post
    ...You're one to give advice. Look at that ridiculous physique you have to, unfortunately, call a body. If I looked like that I'd get into Sub-Saharin African modeling, because bro, you look sick.

Anyways, when someone drops the weight, whether benching, shoulder pressing, whatever with dumbells, they a nOOb. If you dont have the strength to lower the weight to the ground, then dont use it. I've never had a problem dropping the weight, I can control it because I've built the strength and dont go beyond what I cant lift. And think about it, respect the weights you use to build that body, with all the dropping you pose more of a risk in breaking them. But In your case, you dont seem to care, and why would you? Check out those inverted bi's...

People like you piss me off so bad. Go do P90x and take some creatine steroids, junior. I'm done.
    I have to agree with what PalmarLegacry says. If you can NOT properly put the weight back down (which is consider a low end rep/because it still works you out) then you have no reason lifting that heavy weight in the first place. You should still have enough strength and control and FORM to properly set the weight back down. Any dumbass personal trainer could you tell you that. That really is weight training 101 and you're obviously ignoring that rule. Not to sound negative but i bet you're the type of guy who's been lifting for years and only seen minimum results. If you're saying you have to drop the weight down in order to minimize injury then is it not obvious that the weight is way to heavy and you shouldn't be lifting it in the first place if you're too scared you're gonna injury yourself if you can't control the weight back to starting point? What a stupid and ludicrous statement of yours. As Palmer stated above that is a NOOBS way of thinking
    "If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through."

"Vision is not enough, it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs."

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IkeFord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^

Do 15 reps with 120 lb. dumbbells and gently lay them on the floor. Yeah right.
    "TRAIN INSANE OR REMAIN THE SAME"

***Get Swolled Or Die Trying***

"Frankly I don't give a damn" -Branch Warren

darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcami has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IkeFord View Post
    ^

Do 15 reps with 120 lb. dumbbells and gently lay them on the floor. Yeah right.
    obviously the person lifting that much weight at that high rep count actually has the strength to gently lay them on the floor.

"Vision is not enough, it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs."

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500) CrazyCallum is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by weak704 View Post
    1. Not eating or not eating enough when out of the gym.
    2. Not getting enough rest.
    3. Doing some advanced bodybuilding split when in reality your just a 140lbs twirp who needs to focus on gaining mass and strength before getting your bicep peak.

/thread

Diet, rest, heavy weights!! Everything else doesn't matter
    My weights sometimes aren't heavy, but I'm still growing. I'm starting to think a lot of muscle growth is to help buffer lactic acid, rather than size as a direct result of strength increase.

I used to do 20kg db curls, now im doing 7.5kg curls but really slowly and controlled and contracting all through the movement and my arms are still getting bigger. Anyone care to comment?

this thread is so damn fail, probably shouldn't have bothered to even post here lol.
    Last edited by CrazyCallum; 09-14-2010 at 09:56 AM.

muhaha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muhaha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol. bodybuilders. building non-functional mass. muhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha

Originally Posted by muhaha View Post
    lol. bodybuilders. building non-functional mass. muhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha
    lol crossfitters mad the women are bigger than they are, lol.

Originally Posted by tajm611 View Post
    lol crossfitters mad the women are bigger than they are, lol.
    hahah good one mad.

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CrazyCallum View Post
    My weights sometimes aren't heavy, but I'm still growing. I'm starting to think a lot of muscle growth is to help buffer lactic acid, rather than size as a direct result of strength increase.

I used to do 20kg db curls, now im doing 7.5kg curls but really slowly and controlled and contracting all through the movement and my arms are still getting bigger. Anyone care to comment?

this thread is so damn fail, probably shouldn't have bothered to even post here lol.
    if it works for you, keep doing it

teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teekay86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation tl;dr

TL;DR

-OP with good intentions post article with “debatable” points

-People start questioning his points telling him dropping weights is stupid and can be done controllably (he says to start dropping weights at 40lbs to avoid injury?)

-OP gets defensive and comes of arrogant defending his “article”

-Several bb.com members note that his physique is less than satisfactory and that he should spend more time in a gym than give advice to others

-OP regrets his tone, gets negged and says his article has been a reiteration of hundreds of other posts on bb.com (what OC?)

-More people rip into OP, some even quote him on several posts displaying huge amounts of hypocrisy

-Open the door

-Get on the floor

-Everybody walk the dinosaur

Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ferios is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Drop the weight to the ground after a set? Nice one bro......If you can't bring the weight to your knees and set it down....your doing to much. The only time you should drop the weight is if it's about to fall on your face.
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.