devilscouture has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Has anyone else noticed...?

Scrolling through the transformation link on the supersite and noticed that most of the "diets" listed for these women seem to be amazing low in calories...

Any feedback? Their workouts look pretty intense and some of them are only consuming like 1000 cals.

soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soleyte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by devilscouture View Post
    Scrolling through the transformation link on the supersite and noticed that most of the "diets" listed for these women seem to be amazing low in calories...

Any feedback? Their workouts look pretty intense and some of them are only consuming like 1000 cals.
    I've noticed that too!...I'm reading their diets, and calculating them as I go- and some totals barely even go above 1400--which doesn't even begin to compensate for what their workouts consists of (e.g.---5-7 days of cardio)....weird!...

Then I go back and look at their meals that consist of Protein shakes and assume that their having around 3+ scoops or something!??!?....Oye!.
    :::Live, Love, Lift::: ^_^

rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unfortunately, a lot of beginners fall victim to this - me being one of them a few years ago. I thought the less I ate and the more cardio I did, the more weight I would lose.

I think there is also the ovepowering fear that eating more will immediately result in a weight gain. It can be a challenge to overcome that mindset and not everyone is as lucky to have help from say a significant other or close friend who is well-versed in the fitness lifestyle.

But that's why we're here! To help each other out

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To get extremely lean people do extreme measures. Many times it works and gurls will get their abs to pop nicely. Problem is they cannot keep those abs 'cause they ultimately end up fuked in the head WRT food, body image, etc. Also they tend to do damage to their bodies.

You can walk that path if you want but it can turn into a very slippery slope.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, I don't even have to read the 'what I did' half the time because it always seems to be the same haha!

And diet is always something like egg whites for breakfast, and chicken and 1c veggies a zillion times a day XD

Haha, IDK bout you guys, but I'll keep my other YUMMY food in proper amts, thank YOU
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vandalgirl59 View Post
    Yeah, I don't even have to read the 'what I did' half the time because it always seems to be the same haha!

And diet is always something like egg whites for breakfast, and chicken and 1c veggies a zillion times a day XD

Haha, IDK bout you guys, but I'll keep my other YUMMY food in proper amts, thank YOU

^^^ This^^^

I have noticed that too...a lot of diets around seem to have low calories and are pretty darned boring. The one thing i have learned is that if you are going to be doing crazy amounts of physical activity you need to adjust your calories accordingly. I have started to run a lot just cuz i want to get better at it so I have had to up my calories in order for me not to be in too much of a deficit.

Like Kxfisher said, you may see results, but they will be short lived with major consequences (screwed up metabolism, horrible cravings, feeling like crap).

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I stopped reading transformation section, because a lot of stuff there just doesn't make any sense to me.

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was cleaning out a spare bedroom the other day and came across my old training/nutrition journal from about 7 years ago and I definitly fell into that category. I laughed at my lack of knowledge. Most days no breakfast, super small lunch...some days were in the 700cal range!!! I did lose weight but it wasn't something I could sustain. I guess it works for people who don't have that much to lose so they can stick with it for a short period of time, but when you have lots to lose you just can't eat <1000cal/day for a year! My weight loss continues to be an experimentation process, I think slow and steady wins this race for me!

And dang it, i was going to try that Hollywood Cookie Diet too... (note: sarcasm)