Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    I think that's the case for most fighters. It probably stems from the idea of a "fight camp" in my opinion a fight camp should be for fine tuning your game plan/skills for a particular match-up, not to blitz yourself as hard as you can in the gym.

Any one of my guys can be in peak conditioning in 3 weeks, even if we're in the middle of a strength phase. The key is to reach a baseline of conditioning, and then just maintain it until you need to wick it up a bit just before fight time.
    exactly, a fight camp is to get your fight strategy together for your specified opponent. A fighter should never be more than a month out of fighting condition. Obviously 8+ weeks notice is better though.
    Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

"I'm not cheating, I'm winning!" - my 5-yr old son

"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw

TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thecolminator View Post
    Any one have a typical week outline for mma conditioning?
    there really isn't a "typical outline" as each fighter has strengths & weaknesses other don't. If your instructor has a "one size fits all" s & c class he should be shot. Now you could have a base outline, but each person needs extra work on their weaknesses.

With 10-15 hours technique training weekly, I'd say a 2-3 time Olympic style lifting scheme would be optimal for someone who needs strength, but not gain size/weight.

For another who is already strong, but lacks muscular endurance, perhaps one Olympic style workout & another 1-2 light weight/explosive circuits per week would be effective.

"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw

thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecolminator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TE View Post
    there really isn't a "typical outline" as each fighter has strengths & weaknesses other don't. If your instructor has a "one size fits all" s & c class he should be shot. Now you could have a base outline, but each person needs extra work on their weaknesses.

With 10-15 hours technique training weekly, I'd say a 2-3 time Olympic style lifting scheme would be optimal for someone who needs strength, but not gain size/weight.

For another who is already strong, but lacks muscular endurance, perhaps one Olympic style workout & another 1-2 light weight/explosive circuits per week would be effective.
    Do you know if its true shane carwin runs 10km every morning?
    ******I REP back*****

Praise be to GOD

please start your penance or burn in hell for eternity

parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When is there a time in the cage/ring you're working at the same intensity you are when you do "road" work? There isn't. You're either well below it, or well above it.

When is there a time in the cage/ring you simulate a motion like running? There isn't.

When is there a time in the cage/ring you are strictly using your legs? There isn't.

What's the benefit to having developed slow twitch fibers in MMA? I can't think of one.

How bad do your joints get jacked up from training MMA? Why further joint impact and stress via "road work?"

Running over develops hip flexors as well as tightens/shortens them, making throwing kicks difficult. Making certain submissions from guard difficult.

"Road work" is an antiquated training technique, and anyone still using it for MMA is not only NOT reaching their full potential, but is also hindering their progress.

If you're a football player, basketball player, or any other traditional sport which involves a great deal of running, than you must run. But the mixed martial artist has much more important things to spend his time doing.

I really like the DB snatch, it's one of the easier explosive movements to teach, develops power, unilateral strength, and can easily be used in a circuit to get heart rate up.
    THIS^^ One of the most important things you can do for your sport...is to do it. Remember that s&c training is to supplement and enhance the main work done in technique and drills classes (for mma)
    As fighter's get older, you'll start to see a lot less work that can add to the stress their joints experience day to day in their mma work. Have you ever asked why a traditional hypertrophy plan would be detrimental to an mma athlete? Repetitive stress can ruin careers. The idea is to strengthen (in different ways, not just traditional power lifts) those areas that need buffering as well as the weaker areas in the athlete's structure (due to repetitive stress, improper loading during activity, imbalances due to improper work as well as training, etc.).
    Poi Dog
    "I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me"
    -Archilocus 650 B.C.-

Elite Martial Science/TapOut Training Center LA
    หุ่นกระบอก
    TBA-SA Officiant
    Reps for life to: GMF, KB, and Rome

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry for the lack of updates. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll have way more time to work on these.

The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    www.WLForums.com

parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000) parkerbro1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry for the lack of updates. Hopefully over the next few weeks I'll have way more time to work on these.

K I straight stole these and posted on that Facenovel website.
    Poi Dog
    -Archilocus 650 B.C.-

หุ่นกระบอก
    TBA-SA Officiant

haha thanks buddy. I'm going to try to bring more videos to the table.
    www.WLForums.com

haha thanks buddy. I'm going to try to bring more videos to the table.
    as well you should bradda P.
    Poi Dog
    -Archilocus 650 B.C.-

หุ่นกระบอก
    TBA-SA Officiant

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    after reading through this thread i realize how much i used to contribute to this site lol

now i see how jaded i have become.

Also i have always enjoyed FFF's vids

thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When is there a time in the cage/ring you're working at the same intensity you are when you do "road" work? There isn't. You're either well below it, or well above it.

When is there a time in the cage/ring you simulate a motion like running? There isn't.

When is there a time in the cage/ring you are strictly using your legs? There isn't.

What's the benefit to having developed slow twitch fibers in MMA? I can't think of one.

How bad do your joints get jacked up from training MMA? Why further joint impact and stress via "road work?"

Running over develops hip flexors as well as tightens/shortens them, making throwing kicks difficult. Making certain submissions from guard difficult.

"Road work" is an antiquated training technique, and anyone still using it for MMA is not only NOT reaching their full potential, but is also hindering their progress.

If you're a football player, basketball player, or any other traditional sport which involves a great deal of running, than you must run. But the mixed martial artist has much more important things to spend his time doing.
    I agree with this. I had a massive improvement in my fighting doing specific training to supplement my martial arts with Intensity training and circuit training. My cardio conditioning is way above any time when i was running for cardio when I'm in a fight.

CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey FFF, how much money do you make from running your gym?

Are you living comfortably?

What do you teach specifically or do you just own/manage?

Are you a co-owner? Have partners?

I am 'mirin.
    Live <> LAUGH <> Love

Misc Firearms Crew

Originally Posted by CutRipped View Post
    Hey FFF, how much money do you make from running your gym?

Are you living comfortably?

What do you teach specifically or do you just own/manage?

Are you a co-owner? Have partners?

I am 'mirin.
    not much

no

I'm the head s&c coach, plus I manage

yes/yes

thanks bruh
    www.WLForums.com

Originally Posted by ftwrestler View Post
    after reading through this thread i realize how much i used to contribute to this site lol

now i see how jaded i have become.

Also i have always enjoyed FFF's vids
    see? told you
    not really blammin on you though, I'm finally hitting that stage

not much

no

I'm the head s&c coach, plus I manage

yes/yes

thanks bruh
    dam...on one hand I don't feel so bad now, if someone I admire like you is in my state of things, but on the other...it just bums me out.
    Poi Dog
    -Archilocus 650 B.C.-

หุ่นกระบอก
    TBA-SA Officiant

Well, basically it goes down like this:

I started this biz with a friend. His parents fronted the money, so I have no financial investment, which on one hand is good, on the other it's not so good, because that way I don't always get the final word on how things should be done. I'm a great salesman, biz person, plus I'm the better coach and have additional skills such as computers, video, etc... He basically ruins ****, lol. His training philosophies are very faddish/he hasn't really done much to continue his education. The OHP variation vid was basically for him since we got in an argument a little while back about what a push press was. I was running the gym full time while he still worked at a regular job full time, and then he decided to quit that job, and **** has been kinda down hill since then... I've got some big **** in the works though.
    www.WLForums.com

CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CutRipped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, basically it goes down like this:

I started this biz with a friend. His parents fronted the money, so I have no financial investment, which on one hand is good, on the other it's not so good, because that way I don't always get the final word on how things should be done. I'm a great salesman, biz person, plus I'm the better coach and have additional skills such as computers, video, etc... He basically ruins ****, lol. His training philosophies are very faddish/he hasn't really done much to continue his education. The OHP variation vid was basically for him since we got in an argument a little while back about what a push press was. I was running the gym full time while he still worked at a regular job full time, and then he decided to quit that job, and **** has been kinda down hill since then... I've got some big **** in the works though.

Fuuck man, you either need to abandon ship or do something crazy to save it from sinking.
    Live <> LAUGH <> Love

Misc Firearms Crew

www.WLForums.com

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Not sure why this isn't a sticky yet.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

I actually recommend snatch grip deads for grapplers. Gives you beast grip.

www.WLForums.com

BTW we are ramping up the number of vids we are making, so if there is anything you guys want to see specifically let me know.
    www.WLForums.com

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart winthorpe's Avatar
    winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Favorite thread on this section these days.

Originally Posted by winthorpe View Post
    Favorite thread on this section these days.
    Thanks brah. Would be much appreciated if you shared these vids on the web (other forums, FB, etc...).

Look out for a kettlebell complex vid later today.
    www.WLForums.com

Kettlebell complexes. Great way to get in a quick full body workout and get your heart rate going to.
    www.WLForums.com

WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel bad that this is the 1st time ive come in here.

in now.
    " I love it when women go to school . It's like seeing a monkey on roller skates --- it means nothing to them, but its so adorable for us "

- Admiral General Aladeen

Originally Posted by WishmasterATM View Post
    I feel bad that this is the 1st time ive come in here.

in now.
    C'mon son!

Video on snatch series coming next...but then what do you guys want to know/see?
    www.WLForums.com

Not exactly a "how to" video, but still educational

www.WLForums.com

fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) fighthits has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice video...

Thanks for the vids fff.

Originally Posted by TE View Post
    Thanks for the vids fff.
    Word homie. How you been? What should I do a video of next?
    www.WLForums.com

Training through a plethora of injuries, sadly. Separated shoulder has put a serious dent in my regimen for the past 5 months.