Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AudiRS6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by scorgie View Post
    It is a crazy routine but it worked for me when I was a teen. At 15 I was 135lbs at 17 I was 205. By bench went from 90 to 365 and Squats from 100 to 405. My training partner and I trained 2x a day 5-6 days a week plus had to pedal our bikes 11 miles a day to and from school and the gym. We ate everything in sight and then some.

7000 cal drinks, whole pies, 2 dinners at the local restaurant and on and on. We did everything wrong by today's standards and yet we got real strong and fairly big.

Test was high as well as our desire to be different. It worked. Burned out - you bet but then you sleep for 5 days and get back at it. Hell, we even had labor jobs on the weekend to make food money. Crazy works sometimes, that's all I got to say about that.
    I would be willing to bet you crazy amounts of money that you cannot bench 365lbs.

mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mas43 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
    I love how everyone on this board is so much smarter than Arnold on what makes a good bodybuilding routine.

To the OP - I've followed his routines from the Encyclopedia with a lot of good success. You'll never know how well it works for unless you try it.
    Im not saying im smarter im saying if he suggests in some commercial book that such a high volume routine for a newbie (unless hes on gear) i would advise against it, sorry for having a ****ing opinion, believe it or not arnold is not the be all and end all to bodybuilding.
    A man can be strong but if he cannot use that strength quickly, he is not powerful.

scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AudiRS6 View Post
    I would be willing to bet you crazy amounts of money that you cannot bench 365lbs.
    Then when I was 17 I would have had crazy amounts of your money.
    According to one study "Life is the number one cause of Death". I'm sure many will disagree.

"We are each our own God!"

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mas43 View Post
    believe it or not arnold is not the be all and end all to bodybuilding.
    Neither are Starr or Rippetoe. They have been more interested in training football players and had no interest in bodybuilding. Arnold at least walked the walk and has promoted bodybuilding. Who do you think is going to recommend the more credible routine for someone wanting to bodybuild?

MKattenberg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    5x5 good for Cutting ? maintaining muscle?