FazeFaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Worked hard, but then I quit smoking and relapsed

My first Post

I am 30 years old
    I weight 71 KGS
    Height 175cm

So I am confused now on what to do next...

I was fat/chubby (see pic).. 80 KGS
    Worked hard (kick boxing for 3 months) and lost plenty of weight and maybe just maybe got a bit lean.. not enough. reached 70 kgs 17% body fat according to scale can you confirm this from the pic of best shape iv been in..?

I hit a plateau with my stamina.. so took the decision to stop smoking.. with that, stopped gymming and was back to old habits.. I put on 5 KGS in three months.. and i reached 75 KGS and 21% body fat

last month I was three months smoke free with 5kgs of extra weight.. and I thought its time to hit the gym again.

I started running everyday, doing HIIT and working out by myself (not much weight lifting).. so doubt iv been putting on muscle mass..

Now I lost 4 kgs of the 5 kgs i put on, but I still didnt get to my best shape before quitting smoking when I was at 70 KGS with a little bit of muscles.

dont know whats the way forward.. my scale says im at 19% percent body fat.. do i look 19% body fat ? Should I continue doing cardio and HIIT to increase stamina and lose more fat? or should I started focusing on eating more and lifting heavy ?

Form the pics below.. you judge whats the way forward.. and how to achieve it ? ( caloric deficit + cardio OR High calories plus lifting )?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by FazeFaze; 03-14-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000) Mr. Beefy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FazeFaze View Post
    My first Post

I am 30 years old
    I weight 71 KGS
    Height 175cm

So I am confused now on what to do next...

I was fat/chubby (see pic).. 80 KGS
    Worked hard (kick boxing for 3 months) and lost plenty of weight and maybe just maybe got a bit lean.. not enough. reached 70 kgs 17% body fat according to scale can you confirm this from the pic of best shape iv been in..?

I hit a plateau with my stamina.. so took the decision to stop smoking.. with that, stopped gymming and was back to old habits.. I put on 5 KGS in three months.. and i reached 75 KGS and 21% body fat

last month I was three months smoke free with 5kgs of extra weight.. and I thought its time to hit the gym again.

I started running everyday, doing HIIT and working out by myself (not much weight lifting).. so doubt iv been putting on muscle mass..

Now I lost 4 kgs of the 5 kgs i put on, but I still didnt get to my best shape before quitting smoking when I was at 70 KGS with a little bit of muscles.

dont know whats the way forward.. my scale says im at 19% percent body fat.. do i look 19% body fat ? Should I continue doing cardio and HIIT to increase stamina and lost more fat? or should I started focusing on eating more and lifting heavy ?

Form the pics below.. you judge whats the way forward.. and now to achieve it ? ( caloric deficit + cardio OR High calories plus lifting )?
    I honestly hardly see any difference. Just get back on track.

BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100) BuroJawa is not very well liked. (-100)
    You do look like 19% bodyfat, so according to the "rules" you should still cut down to 12% which means losing about 5 kgs of fat.

So keep doing HIIT and heavy lifting while maintaining moderate caloric deficit, remember it's important to lift heavy to tell your body that you're using those muscles so your body burns fat not muscle. You can of course try to do caloric surplus with heavy lifting but then you will need to start cutting while you're at like 25% and you gonna get in shape by winter? Just remember to think deadlines and goals and go from there.

For example it's 10 weeks till summer, which means beach, and on the beach its better to be skinny with abs than huge with dad belly. If you start losing about half a kg of fat per week you gonna reach 12% by mid summer, at which point you can start bulking, you can eat tasty food and begin adding plates on your bar and by the time your abs are gone you'll be already wearing a sweater.

Anyways you get the point, hopefully that was helpful, keep it up!

FazeFaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BuroJawa View Post
    You do look like 19% bodyfat, so according to the "rules" you should still cut down to 12% which means losing about 5 kgs of fat.

So keep doing HIIT and heavy lifting while maintaining moderate caloric deficit, remember it's important to lift heavy to tell your body that you're using those muscles so your body burns fat not muscle. You can of course try to do caloric surplus with heavy lifting but then you will need to start cutting while you're at like 25% and you gonna get in shape by winter? Just remember to think deadlines and goals and go from there.

For example it's 10 weeks till summer, which means beach, and on the beach its better to be skinny with abs than huge with dad belly. If you start losing about half a kg of fat per week you gonna reach 12% by mid summer, at which point you can start bulking, you can eat tasty food and begin adding plates on your bar and by the time your abs are gone you'll be already wearing a sweater.

Anyways you get the point, hopefully that was helpful, keep it up!
    Ya I was thinking the same, I dont want to "dirty bulk".. Im gonna keep doing what Im doing till I hate that 12% body fat.. but I was worried about losing muscle.. dont wana look too skinny for the summer but defo better then fat.. Thanks buddy

Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Look here bro. Eat alot. Lift heavy. Sleep deep. Repeat.
    He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.

Lao Tzu

NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nofate1992 View Post
    Look here bro. Eat alot. Lift heavy. Sleep deep. Repeat.
    This...and don't start smoking again.

Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big22Bill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My advice would be to just keep driving on . Everyone wants results yesterday but truthfully it takes years. If you train hard everyday and eat right the results will come . You will also learn new things about your body daily (which is the most important ).