Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Baby Bible - Pre/ During/ Post Partum Questions

Being a female board, there are at least one to two threads a week surrounding babies... Be it from those with concerns around what can/ can not be done when you have a bub in the oven, to wanting to decreasing the risk of turning into a heifer-lump, and how fast you can resume training post-partum to drop the baby weight! So - what else to do but: Create a sticky!

Before we get on to things it goes without saying that: When you become pregnant you should always consult your doctor as to what is safe for YOU to do. Different people have different risks associated with their particular situation. So what is 'safe' for one woman, doesn't mean it is 'safe' for you! Don't risk it - be sure to get advise from those who know you and your baby the best.

So -
    Want to know what is safe to do in the gym? Ask your doctor
    Want to know what supplements are safe? Ask your doctor
    Want to know what supplements you should take? Ask your doctor
    Want to know what is safe to eat? Ask your doctor
    Want to know how soon you can start training after the birth? Ask your doctor
    Want to know what supplements you can take when breastfeeding? Ask your doctor

(get the message ).

OUTSIDE LINKS
    Dave Draper on training while Pregnant
    Stumptuous on weights, and the issues in pregnancy to be aware of
    Cassandra Forsythe - Pregnancy Blog!
    Cassandra Forsythe - website

And check this out!!!

BUT - to link to some similar threads from the board:
    Training and Pregnancy
    Training Intensity?
    Tips for Looking good when Pregnant
    Pregnant and exercising
    Abs training when pregnant
    Training when Pregnant

Nutrition and Pregnancy
    Safe food during Pregnancy
    What to eat when trying to get preggers
    Whey when Pregnant
    Multivitamin?
    Whey - safe during Pregnancy (again)

Post-Partum
    Should I restrict calories while breastfeeding?
    New Mum - will training affect milk production?
    Building Muscle while Breast-feeding
    Creatine and Breastfeeding

Fit-Mum-Journals
    Big Changes Ahead! By heidismommy
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 07-04-2011 at 05:05 AM.

tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tlam12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you, Emma!
    Always helpful

swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yay! Thank you, I've been wanting this for the last 17 weeks!

take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) take.it.off is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great idea!! This will be very helpful for some.

Rissa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been looking for something like this, thank you so much.

cocolovehu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yay! Thank you, I've been wanting this for the last 17 weeks!

Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Panado has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Emma, I was specifically searching for this, it'll be very useful for my taunt

fothash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Thanks! Just what I was looking for!

msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msulisa99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you! Now if I could just find out how to get rid of the excess below belly skin without a tuck I'd be all set
    "The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince." - Lombardi

My 2011 Ergogenix Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=612088113#post612088113

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    much needed thread around here
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

ayeaye0930 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank You

txs

gonneke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

re

thanks this is great

pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinklush is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm hoping that this is a fitting thread to ask my question since this is my first time posting.

I was wondering if any of you ladies had experience with tightening loose skin after pregnancy? I know that time, moisturizing and gaining more muscle mass will assist with this progression but is there anyone willing to share before/afters and any specific routines that made noticeable differences?

Thanks in advance!

MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for this sticky... wish I noticed it was here sooner!
    Trauma survivor and women's advocate since 2007.

inboxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in very detail , thanks

astash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pinklush View Post
    I'm hoping that this is a fitting thread to ask my question since this is my first time posting.

I was wondering if any of you ladies had experience with tightening loose skin after pregnancy? I know that time, moisturizing and gaining more muscle mass will assist with this progression but is there anyone willing to share before/afters and any specific routines that made noticeable differences?

Thanks in advance!
    . Hey there just wanted to let u know that as a mother of 4 been through it... The loose skin will ALWAYS be there all u can do is work the rest of the body out. Your abdomen was stretched to the point that a 7+ Baby could live and grow. Be proud of it not everyone can have children =)

lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lblake1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by msulisa99 View Post
    Thank you! Now if I could just find out how to get rid of the excess below belly skin without a tuck I'd be all set
    It is very frustrating! I don't know how to tell how much is extra skin and how much is extra fat! =(

RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RRV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by astash View Post
    . Hey there just wanted to let u know that as a mother of 4 been through it... The loose skin will ALWAYS be there all u can do is work the rest of the body out. Your abdomen was stretched to the point that a 7+ Baby could live and grow. Be proud of it not everyone can have children =)
    I am extremely concerned about the loose skin (not enough not to loose the fat of course)
    Being slightly over 5 feet tall and having 4 babies 8.5-9 lbs left my ab muscles separated and skin extremely stretched out.
    I just hope that it doesn't look horrible as the fat loss progresses.
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

Risque813 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm so glad I stumbled upon this! I am almost 8 months postpartum! It's been tricky and rough to get back at it, but I'm doing better than ever! I hope all you mamas are doing great.

KungFuManda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting, I lifted my whole pregnancy to the day I delivered. Towards the last few weeks I got a bit of pelvic pain so switched to body weight exercises only. I had a super intense workout the day I delivered. I think it helped me alot as I hardly got a belly. The midwives commented on how strong my abs were. And I popped that sucker out in 4 hours, this was a first time birth too. Done au natural in the water

Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by take.it.off View Post
    Great idea!! This will be very helpful for some.
    Love the before and atfer pic! wow!!
    Stop Talking and Start Doing

Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000)

Red face

Originally Posted by lblake1991 View Post
    It is very frustrating! I don't know how to tell how much is extra skin and how much is extra fat! =(
    I'm in the same boat! I had my son 13 months ago and I gained 67 pounds I've lost it all but 10 pounds which I feel is all in my boobs and stomach. I just stopped breastfeeding so I'm hoping the last few pounds come off. I've heard you need to lose even more to get below your pre pregnancy in order for your stomach to look the same....but I dont know if this is true. But I do know he was most definitly worth it!
    Stop Talking and Start Doing

jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaredrobison is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow, that's an awesome story!

Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laaaren03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I have a question that I don't believe has been addressed. I am a female competitor and my body fat % like most competitors became very low which eliminated my cycle for several months. My husband and I are now on the path to beginning a family. With the goal of conceiving any advice to prepping my body so that it can?
    L.A. (Lauren Allen)
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Laaaren03 View Post
    So I have a question that I don't believe has been addressed. I am a female competitor and my body fat % like most competitors became very low which eliminated my cycle for several months. My husband and I are now on the path to beginning a family. With the goal of conceiving any advice to prepping my body so that it can?
    Have your cycles started again?

If you are interested, Nancy Clarke's Sports Nutrition book has a chapter on amenorrhea and how to use nutrition to regain body fat and start cycles again. If it has been a few months, I think just an overall calorie increase and general stress reduction should be good enough - it takes 12 months/cycles of no pregnancy before doctors consider anything to be a fertility issue.

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome thred, five months along now and wondering about post partum recovery.

gingir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lblake1991 View Post
    same boat here don't get discouraged
    hell, yes!

rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Figure8 View Post
    I'm in the same boat! I had my son 13 months ago and I gained 67 pounds I've lost it all but 10 pounds which I feel is all in my boobs and stomach. I just stopped breastfeeding so I'm hoping the last few pounds come off. I've heard you need to lose even more to get below your pre pregnancy in order for your stomach to look the same....but I dont know if this is true. But I do know he was most definitly worth it!
    not true at all, I weigh ten pounds more than i did pre pregnancy and my stomach is flatter/more defined.

rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rop23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RRV2 View Post
    I am extremely concerned about the loose skin (not enough not to loose the fat of course)
    Being slightly over 5 feet tall and having 4 babies 8.5-9 lbs left my ab muscles separated and skin extremely stretched out.
    I just hope that it doesn't look horrible as the fat loss progresses.
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences!
    Check out tupler exercises for diastasis recti (the separation of the muscles) cruches etc. can actually cause further damage

coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolcommenter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you so much! I had my first baby 5 months ago. I'm not breastfeeding. I am starting my dieat already. I do some brisk walking and zumba at the same time. I've asked my doctor about it first and according to her that's fine as long as I will not lift a heavy object.