Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    yeah that rack is awesome. You know them personally? That's cool, man. Do they offer you discounts?

Sorry I missed this post earlier. Yeah, I know them. Their showroom is just an hour from me. Bert Sorin has been awesome to me from the day we met and he is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. As far as discounts, not exactly......

As I said, I am likely going there this weekend, if anyone needs anything that I can easily pick up and ship (things like a tshirt or something). PM me.

[QUOTE=cgc;532412533]That's probably the best bet...

I almost "reported" the thread and said it needed to be a sticky...but didn't want to piss a mod off for incorrectly using the report button.

I would shoot ctgblue a PM about it.
    [QUOTE]

Yeah that seems like the best bet, I really don't know though.

Alright guys, I sent ctgblue a pm asking him to change this to the sticky and remove the 2008 thread from the sticky.
    Last edited by buffbrown21; 08-12-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    I hear that, I can't stop looking at cages now. Last night I was doing dips and my rack was wobbling a bit... I bet the collegiate rack doesn't wobble... dammit.
    Pththth...try doing kipping pullups on a powerline. I can pull that thing over at will...lol.

Originally Posted by Manzooka View Post
    Have you guys checked out some of the impressive rack designs from Williams Strength? I believe they're the ones who manufacture for EFS.

More here: http://www.williamsstrength.com/prod...e-line/racks2/

Dear Lord....I've found my "Graceland".
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post

I really like that weight/accessory storage design. You can slam it up against the wall to save space in the middle of the room vs a regular behind the rack weight storage, also seems like easy transfer of weight to bar. And even though it's gotta be like 10-11 ft wide, that's only an extra 1.5-2 ft of space past each end of the bar, which is about right I'd say.

***What does this rack run? Seems a lot of stuff on their site doesn't have a listed price.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads.
    Last edited by Mitrovski; 08-12-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pththth...try doing kipping pullups on a powerline. I can pull that thing over at will...lol.
    haha, I bet, did you ever add the weight storage? That does help a lot on mine.

Originally Posted by Mitrovski View Post
    I really like that weight/accessory storage design. You can slam it up against the wall to save space in the middle of the room vs a regular behind the rack weight storage, also seems like easy transfer of weight to bar. And even though it's gotta be like 10-11 ft wide, that's only an extra 1.5-2 ft of space past each end of the bar, which is about right I'd say.

***What does this rack run? Seems a lot of stuff on their site doesn't have a listed price.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads.
    I am going to dream about that rack tonight...

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes indeed. Well done on the new thread Jimbo. Great idea, great timing, great info.
    Thanks, manzooka. I'm glad people are enjoying and contributing, I know I'm having fun with it. I really like that you took the time to put all those vids in here, I have a feeling that will come in very handy.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    haha, I bet, did you ever add the weight storage? That does help a lot on mine.
    If by weigh storage you mean did I lay some plates across the opposite side of the rack footing....then yes...lol.

I generally keep a bar across the catches with 225lbs on it and a couple of plates on the back...it helps, but I wouldn't say I feel completely comfortable unless I'm doing "strict" pullups...
    I paid $200 for it...it is what it is.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

If by weigh storage you mean did I lay some plates across the opposite side of the rack footing....then yes...lol.

I generally keep a bar across the catches with 225lbs on it and a couple of plates on the back...it helps, but I wouldn't say I feel completely comfortable unless I'm doing "strict" pullups...
    I paid $200 for it...it is what it is.
    haha, no I was talking about these. I keep all of my 45s on them and it helps

http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Pla...1639402&sr=8-1

York ST 54030/55030

Frame: White or Silver
    Weight: 290 lbs.
    Width 67" Depth 60 1/4" Height 91 1/2"

• Large work area to accommodate multi-functional training.
    (91" high, inside work area is 42" wide)
    • Pronated grip position chin-up bar.
    • Weight storage is standard.
    • Bar holder equipped with plastic wear guards.

http://www.gtechfitness.com/yorkbarb...powercage.aspx

$1275 includes shipping

York ST (54006/55006)

-Frame Color: White or Silver
    -Weight: 590 lbs.
    -Assembly Required

Length 73” Width 67 1/4” (including combo Grip Pull-up Bar) Height 96”

Inside Dimensions 42” (between uprights) 28” (between uprights depth)

Power Rack comes standard with:
    • Combo Grip Pull-up Bar - One, positioned 8' high, 28 mm knurled, solid cold rolled steel bar with 135 degree v-shape in the center for additional grip options.
    • Double Bar Holders - One pair.
    • Weight storage - 12 pegs are covered with molded plastic tubing making them scuff-resistant 12 Pegs accommodate for 45, 35, 25, 10, 5 and 2 1/2 lb. plates.
    • Stainless steel hook-plates utilize a safety slot design to prevent unintentional disengagement of the bar holders. Adjustable to 19 positions on 3” center increments accommodating a wide range of heights.
    • Interior Safety Spot Bars - 1 pair, hook into the front and rear upright hook plates.
    • Two welded vertical bar holders

Power Rack w/Hook Plates Accessories:
    • Double Bar Holder STS-DBH (54001)
    • Reverse Safety Spot Arms STS-RSSA (54003)
    • Reverse Technique Scoops STS-RTS (54002)
    • Multi-Function Bench STS-MFB (54004)
    • Bench Conversion Package STS-BCP (54007)
    (includes the Multi-function Bench and Bench Stringer that locks the bench to the rack)
    • Bench Stringer STS-BS (54008)
    • Reverse Dip Attachment STS-RDA (54005)
    • Platforms and insets available

$1799 shipped

http://www.gtechfitness.com/yorkbarb...powercage.aspx

Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Power Lift USA makes some pretty wild stuff. Anyone have room in their basement for one of these?

lol, what the hell is that thing?? Regardless, I want one.

Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here's a pretty sweet looking power rack made by a company called Muscle Motion in Australia. Also, a cool video of a guy showing off the various grip possibilities of their monkey bar.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yep I like that rack, except for the j-hooks and hole spacing it's pretty sweet.

Yeah I like that chin up bar a lot, I think someone who posts in here sometimes has that rack. I've seen it in the home gym thread... I'm pretty sure anyway, and it was someone from Australia. Maybe they will post in here.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is my rack. As several people have commented in another thread, it is the same rack that Animal owns. I believe his came from a high school that was upgrading their equipment. Mine came from an individual in North Carolina who told me that a friend of his got it from the University of Notre Dame. It has a personal property tax sticker that appears to back up his story. Based on the similar paint jobs, I'm guessing Animal's rack probably came from Notre Dame too. He maybe able to shed some light on its origins.

The rack is extremely heavy. While benching, I dropped 250lbs from about 3 quarters extension (2ft) above my chest. The rack caught it with no issue. A bit spooked, I crawled out from under the weight with nothing more than a sore spot.

found it, looks like it is the same brand anyway.

Originally Posted by Alpha Moth View Post
    Here you go

and the bench in the middle.. yes that is my bed at the edge haha

--

That's a sweet rack, dumb.bell, looks like you have a pretty awesome gym as well.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    This is my rack. As several people have commented in another thread, it is the same rack that Animal owns. I believe his came from a high school that was upgrading their equipment. Mine came from an individual in North Carolina who told me that a friend of his got it from the University of Notre Dame. It has a personal property tax sticker that appears to back up his story. Based on the similar paint jobs, I'm guessing Animal's rack probably came from Notre Dame too. He maybe able to shed some light on its origins.

The rack is extremely heavy. While benching, I dropped 250lbs from about 3 quarters extension (2ft) above my chest. The rack caught it with no issue. A bit spooked, I crawled out from under the weight with nothing more than a sore spot.
    Nice bench and rack dude. I was under the impression that hammer strength benches had 10" back pads, maybe I'm remembering wrong but I really like the looks of your bench and it appears that the pad is at least 12" wide? Got any side pics of it?

Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Power Lift USA makes some pretty wild stuff. Anyone have room in their basement for one of these?

Is that a Power Rack or a jungle gym?
    "Political Correctness is the enemy of freedom and democracy and equality and truth and reason. If we are to preserve these things we must know Political Correctness and fight it."
    -LomaAlta

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work in here Jimbo and to the others that have contributed.....good stuff.

Ok, I'm also in love with the Williams Strength Rack with the wings.......I want a price....I may have found something I want more than my Bodycraft. I'm pretty sure I can attach the Crossover to the wall.

Dumb.bell.....I don't know if you caught my post about Animal's rack in your thread about the pullup bar. His rack came from a really good school here in the Columbus, Ohio area...I picked it up for him two years ago (good lord, can't believe its been that long). The story I got from the strength coach is that it was there when he arrived a couple of years prior, but they'd apparently got it about 10 years ago. He said they bought it used from Notre Dame. There were no badges or stickers on it, but it is identical to yours.....with the independent info that you got from the seller, I'd say it may very well be that this is the case, which is kind of neat. That rack is really fantastic, it really wasn't what I wanted at the time, or I would have bought the other one they were selling as well. They let them go for $200.....including the matching bench...it was one of my sicker scores .

Just for some relevant material:

That is my Bodycraft F430 with the crossover attachment and the F320 bench. Its a great setup that would suffice for pretty much anybody, but its not really got the "cool" factor as some of the more recent commercial or close to commercial grade racks that have been highlighted. I have always been extremely happy with the setup because by itself the rack is fantastic, but once I added the CO, it was almost as stable as the commercial racks I've seen in person.

As pictured with the rack, crossover, extra bar hooks, dip handles, and the bench this setup will run about $1430 shipped. The company is based in a suburb of Columbus, but the racks are distributed from many retailers on the internet and pricing is mostly fixed. The only caveat is the crossover may be discontinued, actually it probably is...which is unfortunate. I heard that it would be and it is no longer listed on the website, but several retailers list it as an available option.

The only other rack I know of on the market right now that offers the Crossover option is the TDS 8515 Power Rack System:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/8515.html

They don't have any pics of the CO attached, but it will run you about $800 plus shipping for the rack and the attachment.

Just thought I'd add that for anybody that may be looking or interested in a setup like that. I actually don't use the Crossover much, but I do like it when I need it and definitely stabilizes an already strong setup.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Thats crazy about the ND cages! I wonder what the chances are...

Thanks for posting your cage, keet. I am a fan of the Bodycraft and think its a great choice at that price point. That kind of stinks that they don't still make the crossover for it, I guess it wasn't worth it for them anymore.

800 bucks is not bad at all for the TDS 8515 and the CO. One thing I like about NYBB, a few hundred bucks can go a long way, I just wish they would update their stupid website.

Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Great work in here Jimbo and to the others that have contributed.....good stuff.

Just for some relevant material:

That is my Bodycraft F430 with the crossover attachment and the F320 bench. Its a great setup that would suffice for pretty much anybody, but its not really got the "cool" factor as some of the more recent commercial or close to commercial grade racks that have been highlighted. I have always been extremely happy with the setup because by itself the rack is fantastic, but once I added the CO, it was almost as stable as the commercial racks I've seen in person.

As pictured with the rack, crossover, extra bar hooks, dip handles, and the bench this setup will run about $1430 shipped. The company is based in a suburb of Columbus, but the racks are distributed from many retailers on the internet and pricing is mostly fixed. The only caveat is the crossover may be discontinued, actually it probably is...which is unfortunate. I heard that it would be and it is no longer listed on the website, but several retailers list it as an available option.
    Wow that is a great setup you have on your F430. That wouldn't even fit in the room we use.
    "Political Correctness is the enemy of freedom and democracy and equality and truth and reason. If we are to preserve these things we must know Political Correctness and fight it."
    -LomaAlta

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Nice bench and rack dude. I was under the impression that hammer strength benches had 10" back pads, maybe I'm remembering wrong but I really like the looks of your bench and it appears that the pad is at least 12" wide? Got any side pics of it?
    I measured the pad and it is 12.75 wide. Although it says Hammer Strength on it, I think the rack was made by Wynmor. There was an old Wynmor bench for sale on ebay recently that looked identical (except for the color - it was white).

Here are a couple of side pics. I really need to clean the cage and bench. It has the sliding mechanism which allows you to reposition it (forward/backward) without unlocking it from the cross-member.

I've got a Lifefitness bench and I measure it at 9.5, so you could be right about Hammer benches being 10.

Unless they sold the Wynmor bench it will probably show up again. It pops up periodically. It appeared to be in rough shape, ripped pads (but could probably be cleaned up). I thought about buying it. They were asking $75, but I couldn't ever get them to give me a shipping quote. It would have probably cost more than the bench to have it shipped. My recollection is that it was in North Carolina or Virginia.

York also sells one that looks very similar.

That's a sweet rack, dumb.bell, looks like you have a pretty awesome gym as well.
    Thanks, I really like the rack. It is probably my prized possession in the gym.

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Dumb.bell.....I don't know if you caught my post about Animal's rack in your thread about the pullup bar. His rack came from a really good school here in the Columbus, Ohio area...I picked it up for him two years ago (good lord, can't believe its been that long). The story I got from the strength coach is that it was there when he arrived a couple of years prior, but they'd apparently got it about 10 years ago. He said they bought it used from Notre Dame. There were no badges or stickers on it, but it is identical to yours.....with the independent info that you got from the seller, I'd say it may very well be that this is the case, which is kind of neat. That rack is really fantastic, it really wasn't what I wanted at the time, or I would have bought the other one they were selling as well. They let them go for $200.....including the matching bench...it was one of my sicker scores .
    Yes, I knew you bought it from that high school, but I didn't recall the story that they got them from Notre Dame. I remember reading the postings about the school and you guys going to get them. Unfortunately, I didn't read those posts until it was too late to get one from that school. Then, mine popped up on Ebay and made a road trip to North Carolina. I paid $650 for the rack and bench. I thought I got a really good price until I later heard what you paid for that one (That was really a steal).

It is probably best that I didn't get to that school when they first listed them. I would have bought every one that they had and my wife would still be bitching. She says I have an addiction, and that I have to stop. Unfortunately, she controls the purse strings now, and it is more difficult for me to make purchases (although I've got my eye on a few things - LOL - If I could just get one guy to respond to my e-mails, I'd be off to Mobile, Al for a piece).

curtisccomp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I brought the muscle motion rack about 6 months ago and couldnt be happier. it would have to be one the best racks you can get over here in australia.

ttp://img529.imageshack.us/img529/4281/image0068f.jpg

ttp://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7884/image0067.jpg

ttp://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4528/image0070.jpg

..add the h :P

'm really sorry about the poor quality pics. I only have a ****ty camera phone atm.

I find the hole spacing is spot on and the rack is very solid and doesnt move at all. i also got dip bars with it.

I'm thinking of glueing black 2mm pvc edge tape to the j hooks to protect the barbell. but it hasn't worried me enough to do it yet.

Keetman,

I'm envious of that bar collection, especially the neutral grip bar. How do you like it? I've got one of those football triceps bars that were on ebay a while back. I love the thing, except that it can't be used in the rack. I'm considering chopping the ends off and extending it to something that will fit in the rack. The other option is to hang it from the pull up bar with straps once I have that built.

Its too bad they discontinued that cable cross. That is a nice set up, I'm surprised you don't use it much. My cable cross is the number two piece in my gym. I seem to get a better chest workout with it than I do bench pressing. Looks like it would be an easy transition for you to just wheel the bench out and do cable flys.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dumb.bell- that is the same rack and bench as i have. i've cleaned mine up, even took the bench apart and cleaned it all. still looks kinda crusty, but it matches my plates i've got a full rack from "flex fitness" that i picked up at an auction, i've thought of replacing my rack with the flex, but i don't think the benefit of a full cage would be worth it (i don't have room for both in the basement).

i know we had talked about it before, and more research leads me to wynmor, too. i found a patent for a similar bench, i'll link it below just incase you want to see it. i believe that york bought them, but can't remember where i read that.

there was a white wynmor rack that looked identical to ours, but was without the bench on ebay sometime last year, i think it was at a university in florida.

i added a pullup bar to mine. took forever to drill through the posts to bolt it on.

bench patent:
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6605023.html
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here are a couple of side pics. I really need to clean the cage and bench. It has the sliding mechanism which allows you to reposition it (forward/backward) without unlocking it from the cross-member.

Man, that's a nice bench. I'd like to get me one of those!

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keetman,

I'm envious of that bar collection, especially the neutral grip bar. How do you like it? I've got one of those football triceps bars that were on ebay a while back. I love the thing, except that it can't be used in the rack. I'm considering chopping the ends off and extending it to something that will fit in the rack. The other option is to hang it from the pull up bar with straps once I have that built.

Its too bad they discontinued that cable cross. That is a nice set up, I'm surprised you don't use it much. My cable cross is the number two piece in my gym. I seem to get a better chest workout with it than I do bench pressing. Looks like it would be an easy transition for you to just wheel the bench out and do cable flys.

I like the bar a lot. JRR made it for me, he was on here for a bit, but has disappeared. He is a welder/fabricator in Texas and makes some pretty neat stuff, I think its a hobby, but he's done several things for some of the guys here. Its made well and fits perfectly in my rack. The handles aren't angled, but I think I like the straight/neutral grips better.

I haven't used the crossover much because I have been following a routine that just hasn't called for much besides woodchoppers, which could really be done on a lat pd. Truth is, if I really want to incorporate it much into the routine, I'll need to research it more because my knowledge is limited on the use of the machine. I'll get around to it, I just haven't. Although, I have more time for freelancing now as my wo partner has suffered a hernia and I'm on my own for a couple of months!

Thanks.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Low Costs Power Racks

Heads up to anyone looking for a low cost power rack in the Nashville, Tn area (see craigslist thread)