Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000)

More reasons to choose a power rack....

Failure with the right equipment = WIN

But failure with the wrong equipment still = FAIL

Oh... and don't forget your collars.

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^^^^These vids beautifully illustrate the importance of this thread. Those alone should get this stickied. Sooooooooooo many words have been used to express just how critical a power rack is, but a few minutes watching those really seals the deal. Nice job 'zooka.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    3/8th rod, going through a 1.5-2" pipe makes an incredibly strong safety. That rack isn't going to fail any time soon.
    Yeah I guess when a 2 ton jet engine is held on with only 4 - 5/8" bolts 3/8" should be good enough as long as the bushing is strong.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    It definitely is a tank and its huge....almost too big to be honest, because it doesnt fit well on my back porch .
    It has 1.5" solid crash bars (typical ones are 1", some are less and some are hollow). It has some rust on it, which is why I keep talking about painting it one day.
    yeah thats a beast, nice man. I will check your other vids out too.

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    The problem with most of the SUPER beefy racks I've seen is the lack of options and hole spacing. Alot of them don't have very customizable hole options and also the holes seem to not go very low. One of my favorite exercises are rack pulls so those lack of hole options can be a problem for me.

edit: going to do rack pulls now heh
    Yeah that's something I hadn't really noticed until now. Definitely something to watch for.

Originally Posted by Manzooka View Post
    Failure with the right equipment = WIN
    Awesome post, zooka! Now we can just refer people to the top of page 3 when they ask why you need a rack. I've seen that smith machine one before... looks so painful.
    --

I saw this rack today when I was searching online. I don't know much about Champion racks but it really seems like a good deal. Anybody know anything else about it? I'm not a big fan of that chin up bar but this price seems pretty incredible.

$852.49 shipped, and it includes everything in the picture...

Constructed of 3” x 3” & 2” x 3” heavy wall steel tube
    10 weight storage horns w/protective wear sleeves and bump stops
    Easy adjustable Bar Catches and Safeties w/ bar guards
    Multiple Resistance Band attachments
    Multi-Grip Chin up Bar
    Black powder coated finish
    36” lifting area
    80” D x 48” W x 96” H
    460 lbs.

http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Full-...481882&sr=1-20

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't know much about the champion racks, but they do seem to be priced nice. I saw that same rack the other day at esportsonline.com (actually I think that is the amazon seller that you linked to). They also have a nice half rack similar to that one, and a lower end rack that doesn't look too bad for the money ($349.52). Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to link directly to it. But if you go to esportsonline.com I'm sure you can find it. Here is a picture.

Product Details:
    • One of the safest, most versatile pieces of equipment in every gym
    • Constructed of 2" x 3" heavy wall steel tubing
    • Adjustable 1" solid rod safety bars, fully adjustable bar catches, and chin-up bar
    • Lifting area between uprights 24"
    • Durable textured black powder coat finish
    • Add a multi bench for a multiple exercise station. Barbell and weights sold separately
    Features:
    # 42" D
    # 48" W
    # 92" H
    Attached Images

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    It definitely is a tank and its huge....almost too big to be honest, because it doesnt fit well on my back porch .
    It has 1.5" solid crash bars (typical ones are 1", some are less and some are hollow). It has some rust on it, which is why I keep talking about painting it one day.
    I like it...it does almost look too big, but dang it that thing ain't moving...lol.
    And yeah, find some time and paint that bad boy. With as much rain as we've had and as humid as it's been - I'd hate for that thing to rust too bad.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    I don't know much about the champion racks, but they do seem to be priced nice. I saw that same rack the other day at esportsonline.com (actually I think that is the amazon seller that you linked to). They also have a nice half rack similar to that one, and a lower end rack that doesn't look too bad for the money ($349.52). Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to link directly to it. But if you go to esportsonline.com I'm sure you can find it. Here is a picture.

Product Details:
    • One of the safest, most versatile pieces of equipment in every gym
    • Constructed of 2" x 3" heavy wall steel tubing
    • Adjustable 1" solid rod safety bars, fully adjustable bar catches, and chin-up bar
    • Lifting area between uprights 24"
    • Durable textured black powder coat finish
    • Add a multi bench for a multiple exercise station. Barbell and weights sold separately
    Features:
    # 42" D
    # 48" W
    # 92" H
    Yeah I have seen this one mentioned before in the older power rack thread somewhere. It seems reasonably priced, I think it is about 430 shipped from that website. I can't really find any reviews from owners on either of these racks, and that worries me. I also can't figure out what gauge steel is used. The other thing is that they don't seem to have a dip option, at least that I can find. I can't even find the manufacturers website... meh, too many questions!
    Last edited by Jimbo.; 08-11-2010 at 01:09 PM.

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    Yeah I have seen this one mentioned before in the older power rack thread somewhere. It seems reasonably priced, I think it is about 430 shipped from that website. I can't really find any reviews from owners on either of these racks, and that worries me. I also can't figure out what gauge steel is used. The other thing is that they don't seem to have a dip option, at least that I can find. I can't even find the maufacturers website... meh, too many questions!

I couldn't find the manufacturer's website either, and I agree with what you are saying. Esportsonline.com also sells Champion's Elite line of racks. They are made of 7 gauge steel and remind me of the Magnums. The open cages have the same measurements and shipping weight. They also look very similar.

Magnum
    http://www.magnumfitness.com/templat...ducts&prod=240

Champion (Dimension and weight are listed at esportsonline - can't link directly)
    http://www.esportsonline.com/ITS/sta...CHEL15_A_L.jpg
    Last edited by dumb.bell; 08-11-2010 at 08:26 AM.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    I like it...it does almost look too big, but dang it that thing ain't moving...lol.
    And yeah, find some time and paint that bad boy. With as much rain as we've had and as humid as it's been - I'd hate for that thing to rust too bad.
    Yeah, I really want to get a brush that will clean inside those posts really well first. Then I will do the painting, but you are right, it definitely needs to be done.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

This thread makes me want to go out a buy a new cage. I really like the looks of that Sorinex.

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread makes me want to go out a buy a new cage. I really like the looks of that Sorinex.
    Absolutely.
    <----(Knows the Sorins and loves their equipment!)

www.ShankAZombie.com

Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No question that rack is a beast!
    "Political Correctness is the enemy of freedom and democracy and equality and truth and reason. If we are to preserve these things we must know Political Correctness and fight it."
    -LomaAlta

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    yeah thats a beast, nice man. I will check your other vids out too.

Yeah that's something I hadn't really noticed until now. Definitely something to watch for.

Awesome post, zooka! Now we can just refer people to the top of page 3 when they ask why you need a rack. I've seen that smith machine one before... looks so painful.
    --

I saw this rack today when I was searching online. I don't know much about Champion racks but it really seems like a good deal. Anybody know anything else about it? I'm not a big fan of that chin up bar but this price seems pretty incredible.

$852.49 shipped, and it includes everything in the picture...

Constructed of 3” x 3” & 2” x 3” heavy wall steel tube
    10 weight storage horns w/protective wear sleeves and bump stops
    Easy adjustable Bar Catches and Safeties w/ bar guards
    Multiple Resistance Band attachments
    Multi-Grip Chin up Bar
    Black powder coated finish
    36” lifting area
    80” D x 48” W x 96” H
    460 lbs.

http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Full-...481882&sr=1-20

Champion looks like it's made by Impulse Fitness
    http://www.impulsefitness.com/englis...s/SL2010-1.jpg

Absolutely.
    <----(Knows the Sorins and loves their equipment!)
    yeah that rack is awesome. You know them personally? That's cool, man. Do they offer you discounts?

Originally Posted by captainmorgan0 View Post
    Champion looks like it's made by Impulse Fitness
    http://www.impulsefitness.com/englis...s/SL2010-1.jpg
    ahh, good find. I figured it was a Chinese company.

----

I am posting this rack that packemup linked in that other thread... it deserves a spot here

Magnum Fitness MR47

http://www.magnumfitnessdirect.com/s...wer-rack-p399/

* Uprights are made of 4" x 4" seven gauge laser cut steel tubing.
    * Main frame is made of 3" x 4" quarter inch wall steel tubing.
    * Built-in Spotter Stands flip up and lock in position.
    * Twelve Weight Storage Pegs (45 lb plates store at waist height)
    * Olympic Bar Storage.
    * Two sets of Chin Bars: One set 1 1/4", One set 2" FAT BAR, (both have neutral and pronated positions).
    * Three sets of lower Band Pegs.
    * Upper Band Peg above inside uprights and upper Band Peg above outside uprights.
    * Two Pegs to store band and two pegs to store chains.
    * New Hooks made of HDPE to protect the knurling of high end bars.

875lbs of beastliness

I love that chin up bar.

$2,515.00... another rack I won't be affording anytime soon, still fun to dream.

Another Magnum, this is from their varsity line so it is a little more reasonably priced...

http://www.magnumfitnessdirect.com/s...lti-rack-p146/

D694 - Multi Rack

* This open top Power Rack is built of rugged 11 gauge 3" x 3" steel tubing uprights that are laser cut for easy movement of our heavy duty "J" Hooks and 34" long safety bars.
    * Sturdy built in spotter stands.
    * Ten weight pegs capable of storing over 1000 lbs. of Olympic Plate.
    * The standard dual position chin bar completes this versatile Power Rack.

Shipping weight:
    370.00 lbs

Dimensions:
    66w x 65d x 90h

$1,345.00

I couldn't find the manufacturer's website either, and I agree with what you are saying. Esportsonline.com also sells Champion's Elite line of racks. They are made of 7 gauge steel and remind me of the Magnums. The open cages have the same measurements and shipping weight. They also look very similar.

Magnum
    http://www.magnumfitness.com/templat...ducts&prod=240

Champion (Dimension and weight are listed at esportsonline - can't link directly)
    http://www.esportsonline.com/ITS/sta...CHEL15_A_L.jpg
    oh yeah, they do look a lot alike.

sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sesq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So why are the full cages prefered over the sumo if you don't have a ceiling issue? Strength of the cage? Seems like the standing press issue is eliminated with a sumo.

I actually prefer the Sumo, but mine is built like a tank, so there is no issue with stability.

The only thing I'm aware of that I can't do with mine that you can do with a full rack is pull ups, rings and reverse band work. The pull ups aren't an issue with most Sumos since they usually have a pull up bar (plan on adding one to mine). Since I don't do regular band work, it is unlikely that I would do reverse band work if I could (however, if I add the pull up bar correctly, I think I will have the capacity for rings and reverse band work in the future).

Other than that, I'm not sure what I'm missing. I'm curious to see what kind of answers your question generates.

Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000) Manzooka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only thing I'm aware of that I can't do with mine that you can do with a full rack is pull ups, rings and reverse band work.
    The only thing I can think of to add to your list is top-mounted spotting equipment like spotting chains.

pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50) pag3lee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Manzooka View Post
    The only thing I can think of to add to your list is top-mounted spotting equipment like spotting chains.
    I don't regret getting a sumo rack over a power rack, as long as its built like a rock. Those that built sumo racks has to make sure it can take a beating because there's no such thing as a spotting chains to be use.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this one yet. I know the Rogue Bars are top notch, so I would think there rack would be pretty good. Rogue says it needs to be bolted down (not really sure why it is different than other racks - maybe it is the smaller footprint?).

$695

http://www.roguefitness.com/store/rogue_r3.php

1) Made with “2” X 3” 11 Gauge Steel
    2) 5/8” Bolts and Fasteners
    3) West Side Hole Pattern – 1” through bench and clean pull zone then 2” spacing above and below
    4) Unique 1.25” and 2” Pullup bar at 7’ 6” Height
    5) (2) J-Cups, (2) Pin/Pipe Safeties, (4) Band Pegs
    6) Unit must be bolted to the floor

smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) smcleod90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't think anyone has mentioned this one yet. I know the Rogue Bars are top notch, so I would think there rack would be pretty good. Rogue says it needs to be bolted down (not really sure why it is different than other racks - maybe it is the smaller footprint?).

$695

http://www.roguefitness.com/store/rogue_r3.php

1) Made with “2” X 3” 11 Gauge Steel
    2) 5/8” Bolts and Fasteners
    3) West Side Hole Pattern – 1” through bench and clean pull zone then 2” spacing above and below
    4) Unique 1.25” and 2” Pullup bar at 7’ 6” Height
    5) (2) J-Cups, (2) Pin/Pipe Safeties, (4) Band Pegs
    6) Unit must be bolted to the floor
    it needs to be bolted down if your going to use the band pegs. it also makes it more sturdy (of course). the way i bolted mine down was i built a platform which you could see in my earlier post.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    It lacks a bottom crossmember so bolting it down will keep the bottom from splaying out and would be a necessity with that type of construction. if I were going to be building a gym these racks sitting on individual platforms would be something I would look at doing. Kinda like witchitaw Falls Athletic Club has.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Didn't even notice that it was missing the crossmember. I suppose that makes squats safer with nothing to trip over. I assume you could build a plywood platform and mount it to that if you wanted to use in a home gym setting.

Originally Posted by sesq View Post
    So why are the full cages prefered over the sumo if you don't have a ceiling issue? Strength of the cage? Seems like the standing press issue is eliminated with a sumo.
    The only thing I can add to what has already been said is that full cages are just easier to come by. It seems like there are way more affordable options for a full cage than there are for an open top or sumo cage. The only cheap sumo rack I know of is the one made by TDS, and after that it seems like you really can't find one for very cheap unless you find a used one. If anyone knows of some I am not thinking of please post them.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    It lacks a bottom crossmember so bolting it down will keep the bottom from splaying out and would be a necessity with that type of construction. if I were going to be building a gym these racks sitting on individual platforms would be something I would look at doing. Kinda like witchitaw Falls Athletic Club has.
    That rack does remind me of Rippetoe's gym. On a side note about that, have you noticed how in his vids of teaching people how to perform lifts they are always outside of the cage? That always bugs me when I see it. There is also a vid of him floating around where he squats 315 for 10 reps wearing lifting gear (belt, shoes), and standing outside of the cage. What the hell? And it looks like he is working out alone...

Replace the old sticky with this one.

Guys, what do we need to do to make this thread the sticky and remove the 2008 Power Rack thread as the sticky? Should we send ctgblue a note?

www.ShankAZombie.com

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd guess its just for filming purposes so that your view isn't obstructed by the rack. Beyond that I'd have no clue.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Guys, what do we need to do to make this thread the sticky and remove the 2008 Power Rack thread as the sticky? Should we send ctgblue a note?
    That's probably the best bet...

I almost "reported" the thread and said it needed to be a sticky...but didn't want to piss a mod off for incorrectly using the report button.

I would shoot ctgblue a PM about it.

And I have GOT to quit coming in here....I'm just hating my rack more and more every time I come in here...lol.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Yeah that seems like the best bet, I really don't know though.

Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    I'd guess its just for filming purposes so that your view isn't obstructed by the rack. Beyond that I'd have no clue.
    That makes sense, it just drives me a little crazy. There's a perfectly good cage right in front of you... use it!

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    That's probably the best bet...

I almost "reported" the thread and said it needed to be a sticky...but didn't want to piss a mod off for incorrectly using the report button.

I would shoot ctgblue a PM about it.

And I have GOT to quit coming in here....I'm just hating my rack more and more every time I come in here...lol.

I hear that, I can't stop looking at cages now. Last night I was doing dips and my rack was wobbling a bit... I bet the collegiate rack doesn't wobble... dammit.

Yes indeed. Well done on the new thread Jimbo. Great idea, great timing, great info.

Have you guys checked out some of the impressive rack designs from Williams Strength? I believe they're the ones who manufacture for EFS.

More here: http://www.williamsstrength.com/prod...e-line/racks2/

Also, if you're feeling particularly crafty you could always choose to build your own power rack. Though I suppose you better be confident of your carpentry skills before your first lifting session.