Page 61 of 109 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3266
    GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by congore View Post
    Been lurkin and learning for the past couple of weeks and thanks to everyone's help have learned a hell of a lot. The plan is starting to come together for the home gym and I am down to a few racks - primary consideration is the basement space is limited to 8'Lx10'W with one side open and other partially closed on 3 sides. This means I am basically looking at having the rack positioned at the back of the 10' wide wall and would like it to extend by no more than 4'. This would leave the remaining 4' open for deadlifts and cleans/jerks. Its not a lot of room, but its what I have been able to negotiate with the boss/wife. I am looking at racks measuring no more than 48"Lx48"W, just in case I want to bolt it down to a 4'x8' plywood platform. I would prefer not to bolt the rack to anything and have it rest on 3/4" rubber horse mats. Height is not an issue with 9' ceilings. My concern is with being able to clear the bar from the rack if the rack is pushed up against the rear wall. I am looking at the following racks:

Dark Horse 48"Lx48"W
    Pendlay Elite 41"Lx48"W
    Legend 3121 48"Lx48"W (3"x3" frame)

I have looked at the Williams Strength/Elite, but they are 49" wide. The Promaxima FW-113 is definitely the best value rack out there, but depth at 53"L would start squeezing out my Olympic area. The DH is leading the pack just because of the 2" hole spacing and pure functionality. Budget for rack is around $1000, but space and stability is primary concern.

Will I still be able to rack from the back of the rack if it is against the wall???

I figure I will need about 9" between the racked bar and rear wall and am not sure if the DH will give me enough room. Looking for insight from everyone. Going with Pendlay bumpers and bushing bar, but still considering if I need and IF or flat bench. Will be doing a combination of power/Olympic lifting for strength.

Thanks
    You are correct that you will need to leave some space off of the wall to rack and load plates. Most 45lb plates are jusf under 18", so on a 3x3 upright you need about 6" additional inches to not hit the wall. You are going to want a bit more than that though for you hands to squeeze in there to load and unload plates.

I also think the Dark Horse specs you have are incorrect. The rack has 30" of depth between the uprights. It is a 3x3 rack which makes the total depth 36". This is more than suffient. There is a small footplate than extends off each end of the upright to bolt it down, but its a few inches at best. You could fit the DH comforatably with the front uprights 48" from the wall with lots of racking and loading space.

I like the Pendlay Elite stuff. It is well built and a good price. But that rack is a huge design fail for me. I feel like a broken record but a rear low cross member like that makes the rear uprights useless for squatting and annoying (at best) for bench placement. IMO do not get this rack.

As for the legend, I see they have the same crossmember, but set back slightly. This may make it more functional. I don't really like any legend racks aside from the Louie Simmons combo cage so maybe someone can chime in on the pros and cons of this rack.

Have you considered the Rogue RML3. If you are bolting it down you can get it in a 30" total depth and welded uprights for about $750. There is a deeper 36" bolt together version also for around $1000. For the price and quick turn around I think these are a top choice for a 3x3 rack right now. They are a full walk through, No cross members or stabilizers in the work area. Plus a sumo base. If you like the idea of 1" hole spacing in the bench area, you may want to have a look.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000)

Thanks Garage Iron

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    You are correct that you will need to leave some space off of the wall to rack and load plates. Most 45lb plates are jusf under 18", so on a 3x3 upright you need about 6" additional inches to not hit the wall. You are going to want a bit more than that though for you hands to squeeze in there to load and unload plates.

I also think the Dark Horse specs you have are incorrect. The rack has 30" of depth between the uprights. It is a 3x3 rack which makes the total depth 36". This is more than suffient. There is a small footplate than extends off each end of the upright to bolt it down, but its a few inches at best. You could fit the DH comforatably with the front uprights 48" from the wall with lots of racking and loading space.

I like the Pendlay Elite stuff. It is well built and a good price. But that rack is a huge design fail for me. I feel like a broken record but a rear low cross member like that makes the rear uprights useless for squatting and annoying (at best) for bench placement. IMO do not get this rack.

As for the legend, I see they have the same crossmember, but set back slightly. This may make it more functional. I don't really like any legend racks aside from the Louie Simmons combo cage so maybe someone can chime in on the pros and cons of this rack.

Have you considered the Rogue RML3. If you are bolting it down you can get it in a 30" total depth and welded uprights for about $750. There is a deeper 36" bolt together version also for around $1000. For the price and quick turn around I think these are a top choice for a 3x3 rack right now. They are a full walk through, No cross members or stabilizers in the work area. Plus a sumo base. If you like the idea of 1" hole spacing in the bench area, you may want to have a look.

I looked at the RML-3 but its footprint is 53"x34" (with feet) and is too wide to fit on a 4'x8' plywood platform if needed. Also at only 34" deep, it seems like the Dark Horse (48"x48") would be more stable. I haven't had a chance to actually see either in person, just basing it off the online dimensions. As you can image, I don't have any need for rack storage since I'm working with such a limited space.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by congore View Post

I looked at the RML-3 but its footprint is 53"x34" (with feet) and is too wide to fit on a 4'x8' plywood platform if needed. Also at only 34" deep, it seems like the Dark Horse (48"x48") would be more stable. I haven't had a chance to actually see either in person, just basing it off the online dimensions. As you can image, I don't have any need for rack storage since I'm working with such a limited space.
    The dark horse is not 48"x48". It is 48" wide and 36" deep.

Also, why are you letting the size of a sheet of plywood limit your rack choices?

congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000)
    The dark horse is not 48"x48". It is 48" wide and 36" deep.

Also, why are you letting the size of a sheet of plywood limit your rack choices?

My concern is with stability of the rack. I would prefer to not bolt it down, but if I do need more stability then I would bolt it to a plywood sheet. The plywood would also act as a lifting platform and extend out 4' beyond the rack for Olympic lifts in the open area.

Bored of the Jungle MensaTarzan's Avatar
    MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just want to thank all of those who posted to this thread.

I read through the entire thread (took some time) while considering which rack to purchase when upgrading from a Powertec Power Rack. Ultimately, I picked a Rae Crowther's rack.

Since this thread helped me immensely, I thought I'd pay it back by posting my decision making and even more helpful advice from fellow BB members. If you're interested, you can read about it here (can't post links so just remove the space after http

http: //forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156420683&page=1

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is the advantage of a full rack versus a heavy duty squat stand with spotter arms - provided both are anchored into concrete? I'm comparing the SML-2 and RML-3 from Rogue. I don't do much olympic lifting, mostly powerlifting - so squat, bench, dead, push presses, bent-over rows, etc. The SML would save some space and money and I'm trying to see the disadvantages. I see one difference is band pegs on the RML-3 and the top pullup bar looks unusable on the SML-2.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    What is the advantage of a full rack versus a heavy duty squat stand with spotter arms - provided both are anchored into concrete? I'm comparing the SML-2 and RML-3 from Rogue. I don't do much olympic lifting, mostly powerlifting - so squat, bench, dead, push presses, bent-over rows, etc. The SML would save some space and money and I'm trying to see the disadvantages. I see one difference is band pegs on the RML-3 and the top pullup bar looks unusable on the SML-2.
    most people don't Oly lift in a rack anyway.

The advantage is that the rack is fully enclosed - virtually impossible to miss the spotters.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Dam....60 pages about power racks....i will have to take some time to read all of them.

If you are looking for the GPR378 let me know...i am out of the $399 GPR378 now......we had about 200 of them at that price and you guys wiped me out of them....but i can still try to work some sales for you guys on here....contact me below and i will see what i can do.

mhunt@fitnessfactory.com

Thanks
    Matt

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by valetudo8080 View Post
    Dam....60 pages about power racks....i will have to take some time to read all of them.

If you are looking for the GPR378 let me know...i am out of the $399 GPR378 now......we had about 200 of them at that price and you guys wiped me out of them....but i can still try to work some sales for you guys on here....contact me below and i will see what i can do.

mhunt@fitnessfactory.com

Thanks
    Matt
    the power of a recommendation on this forum

Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheyum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.westside-barbell.com/inde...ent/power-rack

I found one of these racks on Craigslist for 500. Any thoughts guys? Worth it?

valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valetudo8080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jackbravo View Post
    the power of a recommendation on this forum
    Yes...you are correct...very powerful forum here with members that actually lift weights...although not all 200 went to guys on here ...but a good amount...so i will try to help you guys out as much as possible.
    email me at mhunt@fitnessfactory.com for deals on BODY SOLID

Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by blankwave View Post

The problem is that I can't find any review or details about it. I just wanted to ask if anyone has seen any reviews or had any experience with it. It's 91kg (200lbs), is that too light? I can't find how much weight it can take. Here are a couple of pics of it:

Worryingly, parts of the pic from the manufacturer website looks like they are rendered from a 3D model.

thanks in advance.
    A while back I used to own the IFPC rack , it's basically a china made rack. In term of stability , you don't have to worry because of the U shaped single frame base, the rack will not wobble , the only issue I have is the pop pin safety, they cannot be removed.

In the end i sold the rack and went for other designs and custom made additional attachments to my own rack

Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rockstarz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As i do not have enough post link an image here, I've attached a pic of the rack , hope this helpsIMG_20120416_001305_grande.jpg

chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is a good thread and is fueling the fire for my need of a Power rack.

Power racks seem to be very expensive in my country (the Powertec WB-PR11 is the equivalent of about $1100) and there don't seem to be too many options especially for under $1000. The second hand market looks non-existent. Found this: http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za...ower-rack.html but the reviews look terrible and not much else except for the IFCP (Impulse Fitness (Light?) Power Cage): http://www.mifitness.co.za/products/...fpc-power-cage. I can get it for between $600 and $750. Here is the company that makes them: http://eng.impulsefitness.com/produc...-0093-2-.shtml

The problem is that I can't find any review or details about it. I just wanted to ask if anyone has seen any reviews or had any experience with it. It's 91kg (200lbs), is that too light? I can't find how much weight it can take. Here are a couple of pics of it:

Worryingly, parts of the pic from the manufacturer website looks like they are rendered from a 3D model.

thanks in advance.
    I have a rack that looks identical to that, purchased in Canada from Spartan Fitness, made by the company Ultimate Fitness:

http://www.spartanfitness.ca/product...er-cage-system

I've seen a couple different companies with this style of power rack, including one from Keys Fitness that looks similar (Keys KF-PC I believe) that you can find some info online about.

I have no idea if the specs are the same, although it does look exactly the same as what you post (and what the user below posted) ... I will say that I've had this rack for three months and I have had no complaints. It doesn't wobble and it's easily handled all the weight I've put on it. I'm not throwing up huge weights, but I can see it serving my purposes for quite some time to come. I love the pop pin safeties and the ease of adjustment. I've been quite happy with this rack.

Here's a thread I started with some info and questions and pictures about the rack in question:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ght=Keys+KF-PC

Some good info in there and also, one of the users in the thread (justinluck) mentions his rack, from Eagle Fitness, which is very similar and he I believe has also posted pictures/reviews up on the forum.
    Last edited by chobs; 09-11-2013 at 10:21 PM.

DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DYELNO is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    This is a good thread and is fueling the fire for my need of a Power rack.

Power racks seem to be very expensive in my country (the Powertec WB-PR11 is the equivalent of about $1100) and there don't seem to be too many options especially for under $1000. The second hand market looks non-existent. Found

thanks in advance.
    Top rack looks just like the Xmark fitness noncommercial rack.

BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey guys, I'm in the US and looking to buy a new power rack for up to $600. Can anyone recommend a good one? Preferably looking to ship online from amazon or ebay.

I've looked at the powertec one, but its too short to military press in, and I'm not a fan of that Xmark one since the supports aren't removable. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I'm willing to spend a bit more if needed. The $600 is just a guideline. I don't want $2000 suggestions haha

Actually, after looking at the powertec rack, is it actually tall enough to military press in?

Last edited by BigNasty100; 09-19-2013 at 12:23 AM.

BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigNasty100 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pls respond

59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 59phinz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BigNasty100 View Post
    Pls respond
    Search this forum for "best power rack", there is a thread for every price point and a ton of info for you to use.

If that was my budget, I'd be hitting Craigslist looking for a used rack.

OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OntarioGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anyone have any impressions on this rack?

It's from this company in the Toronto area, http://www.landmarkathletics.com/tra...ower-rack.html

Milk is for babies. michaelstone's Avatar
    michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i just saw that yesterday, was wondering about it as well, thought it was a TR-025 at first but then noticed the safeties...
    "It's common knowledge man. You should only use Indica for bulking, Sativa for cutting."

"Who needs proper form? He was too busy setting PR's! Forget proper form, acquire PR's!"

"It's STILL your MUTHAFU$KIN set!!!!"

“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.”

mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50) mendyed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gpr378 vs Rogue R3

Originally Posted by michaelstone View Post
    i just saw that yesterday, was wondering about it as well, thought it was a TR-025 at first but then noticed the safeties...
    It is the same a the fitness ave Amstaff TR-023. No offense but it is junk.

Take a close look (zoom in) at the uprights on the left side. The steel is so thin that just punching the holes has twisted the steel. But, if this is on your shopping list, you may as well get it at FA and save a few bucks.

michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michaelstone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I keep looking on kijiji for now, hoping to see something in the $4-500 range, if I was to buy a chinese one it would be the TR-025 though I think.
    "It's common knowledge man. You should only use Indica for bulking, Sativa for cutting."

"Who needs proper form? He was too busy setting PR's! Forget proper form, acquire PR's!"

“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights.”

Originally Posted by michaelstone View Post
    I keep looking on kijiji for now, hoping to see something in the $4-500 range, if I was to buy a chinese one it would be the TR-025 though I think.
    I'd take I drive out and look at one in person if you haven't already. They are very well priced and based on John Phung's review of the TR-023, somewhat functional.

I've seen them and even bought some Amstaff stuff years back. It was the worst equipment I've ever experienced. I spent about $2300 in a full home gym and literally every single item broke within 3 months with the exception of a 20lb Kettlebell my wife still uses and a flat bench that the pad ripped apart and I sold for $20. The 1500lb bearing bar bent with 95lbs on it, every bumper had the insert fail (520lbs of them, some only used 3 times) and the set of 3 plyo boxes had one weld fail and and the top pad fall off one of them. The rack I bought had pop pins and 2 of them stripped beyond use and one of the bolts holding the left upright snapped in two.

I could have spent $2300 on shares in Blu-Ray and had it last longer.

I know (much) better now, partly based on that experience. I still maintain I could flatten an Amstaff rack with a pair of steel toes. I'd like to test that theory one day.

I'd keep looking in kijiji for something better. I know I sound jaded but I am. They have $2300 of my money and I have a 20lb Kettlebell. Ever pay $115/lb for a crappy vinyl dipped KB? You'd to pissed too!

FYI, the KB is for sale. I'll let it go for $800.

Damn, that is nothing like the reviews from John Phung, and Herr_Doberman lol. I've got a 4x4 rack I made that works for now, so I'll keep looking on Kijiji.

Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Listen to him...

For Fitness Avenue...the only thing worse than their crappy product is their non existent customer service...

You get what you pay for...

It is the same a the fitness ave Amstaff TR-023. No offense but it is junk.

Take a close look (zoom in) at the uprights on the left side. The steel is so thin that just punching the holes has twisted the steel. But, if this is on your shopping list, you may as well get it at FA and save a few bucks.
    DVC

Quigley...

DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50) DamianRendon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    im thinking of this rack am i retarded ? ebay.com/itm/Valor-Athletics-BD-7-Power-Rack-with-Lat-Pull-/190901675681?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c72a0 66a1

canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuckmike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DamianRendon View Post
    im thinking of this rack am i retarded ? ebay.com/itm/Valor-Athletics-BD-7-Power-Rack-with-Lat-Pull-/190901675681?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c72a0 66a1
    If you can afford a little more get either the Body solid GPR378 or Powertec PR-11, they don't come with a lat pull at the base model but they are better built and stronger witch means safer and will last a lot longer, and probably have much better warranty, you can always buy a separate lat pull when you can afford it. You will get much more versatility from the rack without the lat pull attached to it. Good luck to you with what ever you end up getting.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by canuckmike View Post
    If you can afford a little more get either the Body solid GPR378 or Powertec PR-11, they don't come with a lat pull at the base model but they are better built and stronger witch means safer and will last a lot longer, and probably have much better warranty, you can always buy a separate lat pull when you can afford it. You will get much more versatility from the rack without the lat pull attached to it. Good luck to you with what ever you end up getting.
    what is the basis for this assessment? I don't see any reason to believe the Valor is substandard and there have been threads in the past where people have been in contact with the company's owner and he provides a video of dropping a 300lbs bar on the safeties and the rack taking it just fine.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    what is the basis for this assessment? I don't see any reason to believe the Valor is substandard and there have been threads in the past where people have been in contact with the company's owner and he provides a video of dropping a 300lbs bar on the safeties and the rack taking it just fine.

I have no experience with this rack (or any other Valor product, for that matter), but I'd pass on it. Imo, the price is high for a basic 2x2 rack with a lower crossbar that's in the way. The Powerline PPR200X is about the same price, and is generally well-regarded as a decent option for those on a budget.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||