Page 53 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3266
    MrCharlesB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MEDPILOT View Post
    Yeah, its got a pretty large base for just a half rack. I'm thinking I shouldn't have to bolt this down. The quote they gave me had it comming in at 562lbs.
    Very unlikely you will need to bolt that down. Nice looking rack!

MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    more pics when you have it all setup . how much was it?
    All the prices are listed on their website incase you're interested. The base price for the rack by itself was $1500. Once you start adding accessories the price starts to sky rocket. And of course I just had to order about every add-on available.

The list of add-ons I ordered (from memory)
    Monkey pull-up bar
    Upgraded j-hooks w/ roller tappet
    Movable weight horns
    Olympic bar storage
    Storage hooks
    Extra holes in the uprights for 1 1/2" spacing
    Dip attachment
    Custom height (was $200 extra)

The two accessories I didn't get were the band package and the landmine attachment. I figure I can add that down the road if needed.

When i was rack shopping, I compared Hammer Strength, Powerlift and Ledgend and the Rae Crowther came out on top with the most options available. And RC was the only one who would build a custom height.

This is the video that really sold me on the rack. I think it was posted in this thread a while back.

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=xTMmIv4S8Ek

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add the total price of the rack. It all added up to $2800 + $400 for shipping. It was a little more than what my budget started out to be, but I just couldn't resist all of the extras.
    Last edited by MEDPILOT; 03-01-2013 at 01:43 PM.

roro99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am currently in the process of outfitting our basement with some new workout equipment. I am planning on getting an elliptical for our cardo and have been looking at several different racks on CL and was hoping to get some input.

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/sgd/3647658419.html - I have not found out what model this one is or the total amount of weights

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hab/3642822556.html

washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/spo/3633510064.html - this is the nt907 with a 310lb olympic set

Any input would be greatly appreciated

v/r

Roland

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by roro99 View Post
    I am currently in the process of outfitting our basement with some new workout equipment. I am planning on getting an elliptical for our cardo and have been looking at several different racks on CL and was hoping to get some input.

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/sgd/3647658419.html - I have not found out what model this one is or the total amount of weights

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hab/3642822556.html

washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/spo/3633510064.html - this is the nt907 with a 310lb olympic set

Any input would be greatly appreciated

v/r

Roland

I'd pass on all of those and go with something like this instead: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/spo/3645624418.html
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys want a home gym but just starting. What kind of power racks would be good around the $300-400 dollar range? Thanks

wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wt183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry for double post but would the body solid power rack for 499 be a good price? Its in fitness factory? Sorry cant post links. Also what could be an ideal bench? Thanks guys

elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) elgreek84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wt183 View Post
    Sorry for double post but would the body solid power rack for 499 be a good price? Its in fitness factory? Sorry cant post links. Also what could be an ideal bench? Thanks guys
    http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Home/I...id_Power_Rack/

I believe that is a pretty good price, free shipping too.

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you decide to order that rack from Fitness Factory, contact the sales department directly instead of just ordering it online. A couple of posters, including myself, bought the GPR378 last fall for considerably less than they were advertising on their site. It was the previous year's model, but that didn't make much difference. I worked with Matt, and I believe a few other posters recommended talking to Kyle.

They used to carry refurbished models at a discount as well. They seem to have dropped off the site, so it's possible they aren't offering any special deals on that rack any more. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask.

It's certainly not a deluxe rack by any means and isn't the kind of thing you're going to show off to your friends, but it's sturdy and does the job.

So I should just call them up and talk about the posters amd maybe get a discount?

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wt183 View Post
    So I should just call them up and talk about the posters amd maybe get a discount?
    Tell them you've heard that they sometimes offer discounts that aren't advertised on their site, and wondered what you could get the rack for.

Also, the picture shows both the rack and the lat attachment, but the $499 is just for the rack alone. Not sure if you were aware of that.

SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwampSwagger has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Fitness Gear Rack vs Marck Power Rack

Hey guys which if these would you pick if it just had to be between these two. I know people seem to hate these brands but they are two at Dicks Sporting Goods that I can buy right now an not have to wait/pay for shipping.

Again I know EBay, Craig's, ect could find better deals with time but again just between these two. What one, an why.....

Thanks, both are on Dicks Sporting good site since I can't post links yet

JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How big are the holes in a power rack?

Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Huck43 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SwampSwagger View Post
    Hey guys which if these would you pick if it just had to be between these two. I know people seem to hate these brands but they are two at Dicks Sporting Goods that I can buy right now an not have to wait/pay for shipping.

Again I know EBay, Craig's, ect could find better deals with time but again just between these two. What one, an why.....

Thanks, both are on Dicks Sporting good site since I can't post links yet
    The fitness gear looks nice. I definitely like the monkey bars. I can't find a "Marck" power rack. Do you mean the Marcy Pro PM 3800 Power Cage?

For the price of both of these, I would consider the Body Solid GPR378 from here:

www .fitnessfactory.com/Home/Item/3137/GPR378/Body-Solid_Power_Rack/

As has been mentioned only a few posts up, if you call up and speak in person and mention this forum, people have been getting a nice discount (believe I heard $400) which is the same price point. I would definitely trust the Body Solid construction over the other 2 from Dicks. Again, the Fitness Gear looks nice, but I would rather put my trust in a quality made product by a well known company like Body Solid.

This would be another solid choice:

www .amazon.com/New-York-Barbells-C-92563-B-Rack-Black/dp/B009L772A4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362374114&sr=8-2&keywords=tds+power+rack

Originally Posted by JohnPurple View Post
    How big are the holes in a power rack?
    It depends on the specific rack.
    Last edited by Huck43; 03-03-2013 at 09:21 PM.

dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My rack is a used Lamar. Comes with a plate loading high lat and low (floor) row. Originally had a Elite 3x3 deal on order and cancelled just as it was due to ship.

Why?

Because my cobalt hips wearing from doing things like squats could damn well poison me.

So I had already sold my Parabody and had nothing and still needed something. Squats are almost pretty much out. But I still needed some safety for benches plus a lat if possible.

Courtesy of CL I got the used Lamar.

In the end, I am happy with it. It's functional, and at my age with my hips you won't find me in an EFS style gym.

So why did I bother writing this? Just to say that if you can't afford the best you drool over, it's okay. In the end you'll make do with less and it will work out.
    ▪█───────█▪

Ivanko Barbell Crew Member #6

My Gear:

Lamar Rack w/lat & row setup
    Ironmasters DB's with add on package
    1000 lbs of Ivanko OM Plates
    Ironmaster Super Bench
    Parabody Roman Chair
    Precor 546 Elliptical
    Concept II rower Model D w/PM4

▪█───────█▪

I've had bi-lateral hip replacement.
    Ask me anything about it.

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not sure if it has been posted, but here are the exact Sorinex Darkhorse Rack's dimensions. I needed them to help plan my new gym's layout. I figured others might benefit from it as well (if they were planning on getting it in the future)

Dark_horse_dims.pdf
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dnb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RickNFrance View Post
    dnb,

Great post!
    Thanks. I seriously wanted that EFS rack bad. About killed me to cancel it. I could taste it it was so close.

Then I was alerted to the whole cobalt thing on very short notice. That was a shocker to me.

I was gonna have no rack or go back to a Smith. But the Lamar came up on CL so I just got it cause no rack just does not work.

Could I do heavy squats in it and be safe? Sure, but it's never gonna happen.

Sometimes life just is what it is so you deal with it.
    ▪█───────█▪

Ivanko Barbell Crew Member #6

My Gear:

Lamar Rack w/lat & row setup
    Ironmasters DB's with add on package
    1000 lbs of Ivanko OM Plates
    Ironmaster Super Bench
    Parabody Roman Chair
    Precor 546 Elliptical
    Concept II rower Model D w/PM4

▪█───────█▪

I've had bi-lateral hip replacement.
    Ask me anything about it.

BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Say fellas! I am finally back in the market to add a cage to the mix and I am a bit torn between the rack I should choose. Turning out to be tougher than I thought to make the decision since I am contemplating getting a custom made rack where I get to choose my frame colors and options or a basic-but well made unit. Custom means I would have to wait and from what I hear I could be waiting about 6 to 8 weeks prior to shippping. If I go basic unit I believe the wait for shipping is only 12 days or so.

So here are racks I am reviewing to choose from:

Legend 3221 Cage:
    I was thinking of just going with the cage, swivel pull up and band pegs for now. I don't see the need for the other options but nice to know I can add them in the future if I need them and getting it in my old high school colors would be way cool! They said it would be about 8 weeks to build.

http://www.ironcompany.com/pro-series-power-cage.aspx

Torque MPC Cage:
    Kind of offer the same options as the Legend cage does. This would come in basic gray color only. You can get several options and the plus on this is that this unit ships out in about 12 days or so.

http://www.ironcompany.com/m-series-...ower-cage.aspx

Tuff Stuff PPF-800:
    I was told this is also a custom made cage. The wait is not that long but the manufacturer needs about 6 weeks to build before shipping. Already comes with band pegs and that is about it. Not much by way of options but its basic and looks like a beast!

http://www.ironcompany.com/deluxe-po...uff-stuff.aspx

Have any of your guys had the chance to use any of these cages? I have heard of Legend and Tuff Stuff and don't know much about Torque. They all pretty much seem to be the same frame style etc and not sure if the options would really be used. Thoughts? 2 cents? Set me straight here! Thanks guys!

BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jackbravo View Post
    suuuuweeet mother.....man, doesn't look like it'd be any more difficult to add a couple more uprights....
    Is there a site to check out the cages these guys make? That cage looks great!

MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MEDPILOT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BroKnowsFit View Post
    Is there a site to check out the cages these guys make? That cage looks great!

If you're talking about the Rea Crowther racks, he says he can build them in about 30 days. http://raecrowther.com/racksnew.shtml

If you're talking about the Rea Crowther racks, he says he can build them in about 30 days. http://raecrowther.com/racksnew.shtml
    Hey thanks for the link Med! Damn, that is a great turn around for a custom rack...30 days! Sheesh...gonna give their site a stroll!

deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi guys I'm looking to get a rack made up loosely based on the Sorinex Dark Horse. I'd just buy the Dark Horse but shipping to New Zealand would be a hassle and quite expensive. My rack will be a 3x3 rack with 2x2 weight storage. I'm adding a monkey bar style chin bar to the front.

I've found a local guy who can fabricate it for me so there's no issues there, but I have a couple of questions:

1) I think I prefer swing in style safeties, but obviously saber style safeties are easier to fabricate. I gather that swing in safeties are easier to adjust and saber safeties have that screeching metal on metal sound. Any other reasons why I might regret going with sabers? The fabricator suggested pin-pipe for added strength.

2) I am roughly 180cm tall, and propose to have the holes at 50mm (2 inch) spacing, up to 180cm high. Any reason to have holes above head height?

3) If you had the opportunity to design your rack from scratch are there any simple improvements you would make?

scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottofio is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the Dark Horse, and I would add 4 band pegs per side on the top and bottom (not welded). Particularly Holes for the removable band pegs like Rogue has, b/c I like to deadlift in the rack due to workout space concerns. If I want to remove the two middle pegs on each lower side, I could deadlift with bands in the rack.

On the two front poles I would put 1 hole at the height I would need for a landmine attachment perpendicular direction of the saber holes so I could landmine in front of the rack instead the current theoretical setup which would be 90 degrees from the front of the rack.

I've gotten used to the rod and pipe, and the screech isn't too bad, but if I had the option to upgrade them for fairly inexpensive to quick adjust safeties I'd do it. I'd live to have one of each actually.

KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000) KalleA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by deiphid View Post
    Hi guys I'm looking to get a rack made up loosely based on the Sorinex Dark Horse. I'd just buy the Dark Horse but shipping to New Zealand would be a hassle and quite expensive. My rack will be a 3x3 rack with 2x2 weight storage. I'm adding a monkey bar style chin bar to the front.

I've found a local guy who can fabricate it for me so there's no issues there, but I have a couple of questions:

1) I think I prefer swing in style safeties, but obviously saber style safeties are easier to fabricate. I gather that swing in safeties are easier to adjust and saber safeties have that screeching metal on metal sound. Any other reasons why I might regret going with sabers? The fabricator suggested pin-pipe for added strength.
    You've covered the most important reason: ease and speed of adjustment.

2) I am roughly 180cm tall, and propose to have the holes at 50mm (2 inch) spacing, up to 180cm high. Any reason to have holes above head height?
    No major reason that I can think of. Minor reasons might include:
    - ability to do pin presses for overhead/military presses, e.g. to overcome a weakness, focus on lock-outs or similar
    - e.g. for fixing barbell storage attachments
    - re-sale value perhaps

3) If you had the opportunity to design your rack from scratch are there any simple improvements you would make?
    This refers more to your 50 mm hole spacing mentioned above. I would go for a tighter hole spacing in the "benching area", like for instance the Westside racks have. Reasons:
    - easier to find an "ideal" safety height for benching
    - more options for pin pressing
    - more options for rack pulls (limited ROM deadlifts)

Cheers

shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shakercup09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Need advice on this set up I want to buy. Seems pretty good to me. thoughts? Parabody power rack with a bunch of items thrown in.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/3675545642.html

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)

The Dark Horse safeties are somewhat annoying as they are cumbersome to manage. That said, I would go pin-pipe over just the saber without question. I don't like quick adjust swing style or straps either. I'm yet to use a safety spotter system that I'm satisfied with.

Not really, The only thing I can think of off hand is if you wanted something like a monolift attachment that is connected overhead and hangs down to shoulder height. If you decide to go with more than one spotter system or extra j-hooks they can be stored on the higher holes. Maybe go with 2" up to head height and 4" after that?

I wouldn't change it on my rack per say, But if I was having one made I would reduce the hole size to 5/8 or something less than 1". There is no need for the 1" holes. It just makes for things like the giant 1" Spartacus style weapons as safety pins.

Bands can be easily hitched to the rack cross members so I see no reason for pegs. Hole spacing is more than good enough at 2". In fact, I would like the rack much less if it had 1" spacing.

Sandwich style J-hooks set to the outside of the rack would be a nice feature. This would create some additional room for hand space in the rack. The DH is 42" across between the uprights which is about perfect, but you could get another 2+" using a sandwich or similar style.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I don't do any band work at this stage but I think I will add some holes on the cross members, as I can pick up some one inch "multi pegs". I wont put holes right across, maybe just 3-4.

I can get some slot in safeties for the front of the rack that also have holes so I can use the multi pegs for bands and dips.

Still in two minds about the safeties... I will probably get the guy to fabricate some swing in safeties eventually but will go with saber or pin-pipe for starters.

Got my Rae Crowther rack yesterday. Overall I'm happy with the rack. The one thing that really bothers me is the spacing or gap between the attachments and uprights. The UHMW lining could have been thicker as to create a snug fit between the J-hooks, spotter arms, dip attachment and the uprights. The spotter arms have about 3" of swing to them out at the end and the dip attachment moves from side to side too much to feel stable. I'm going to call Hans at Rae Crowther and see if they'll send out some thicker UHMW to tighten up the gaps.

The packaging was fairly decent. The contents was separated into two layers on top of a pallet. Someone had gone to great lengths to protect the two layers from each other, but then did nothing to keep the items on the same layer from rubbing. The assembly was pretty straight forward and probably took about an hour. Once this thing is together, it's a beast. I can stand on the spotter arms and it doesn't budge. Shipping weight claimed it was 691lbs.

I really like the black wrinkle paint they used, seems durable and has a nice look. The silver paint on the uprights could be a bit more durable. It's supposed to be power coating, but I've already got a few scratches just from the install. I don't have my weights/bar yet, so I can't use the rack for anything but pull-ups and dips for right now.

Sorry about the picture quality, I was using my iPhone. Also, please ignore the speaker wire, I''ll eventually be running that behind the wall.

Got my Rae Crowther rack yesterday. Overall I'm happy with the rack. The one thing that really bothers me is the spacing or gap between the attachments and uprights. The UHMW lining could have been thicker as to create a snug fit between the J-hooks, spotter arms, dip attachment and the uprights. The spotter arms have about 3" of swing to them out at the end and the dip attachment moves from side to side too much to feel stable. I'm going to call Hans at Rae Crowther and see if they'll send out some thicker UHMW to tighten up the gaps.
    Nice looking rack. I'm not that familiar with Rae Crowther products, but what's the deal with the quarter-moon supports under the chin bar? Are the holes along the bottom used for anything, or are they more for looks? I looked at their web site and I assume the attachment is what they're calling "monkey chin bar with front porch".

I know that traditional 4-sided racks are generally preferred here, but I like half-rack designs like this. I think they're a little less cumbersome to use.

Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    Nice looking rack. I'm not that familiar with Rae Crowther products, but what's the deal with the quarter-moon supports under the chin bar? Are the holes along the bottom used for anything, or are they more for looks? I looked at their web site and I assume the attachment is what they're calling "monkey chin bar with front porch".

I know that traditional 4-sided racks are generally preferred here, but I like half-rack designs like this. I think they're a little less cumbersome to use.
    The holes in the supports under the chin bar can be used for band pegs. I'm not really into resistance band training myself, so it will be left unused. You're right, I think the majority of members here favor a full cage. I personally prefer the half rack as I feel it gives me more room to move around.