Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast
    Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

legend ftw, tss for the loss

I have been reading/searching/compairing racks like a maniac for days now. I have read through this whole sticky, looked at every pic and followed every link. There is so much info its great.. Here is some mid level info I have learned. Hopefully it will help someone else, the same as what your posts have contributed to me..

I was looking for good rack around $1-2000. I have a ceiling height of 7'1", after initially liking the Rogue R3, I then added the TSS, EFS 2x2 BYO, and the Legend 3133. The Rogue/TSS are similar in price and the EFS/Legend are in the same range. Rogue $795/$180 for shipping & TSS $735/$435 unpainted/shipping?..... EFS $9/$189? shipped & Legend +/-$1000/+/- $189 shipped.

Rogue with reverse spotters, 2 sets j cups, 2 single weight storage and shipping= $1300.. Rogue has great customer service as I have dealt with them before. Great rack, needs to be bolted, depth is short. Price is great.

TSS with weight sto, monkey bars, j hooks and swing in safties $1295 + shipping/ $995 no paint add $400 for hi/low pulley.
    Now here is my problem with TSS, In the last 2 weeks I have emailed them twice with no response. So Wes just got back to me, $400 shipped to commericial/ $65 more for residential.

EFS with weight rack, j hooks, safety pins, pegs and bench $2278+shipping - $525 for the bench or the rack/bencho combo for $2049 band sto, band pegs, chin bar, 2 j hooks, 2 safties, 0-90 bench. Shipping is about $369 bor both.

Legend with reverse safties, beefy spotters, j hooks, upper/lower pegs, and the 4 way bench is right there with the EFS price. Best advice said over and over again- go straight through Legend..

I was sold with Legend, especially with their pricing. But now after writing this Legend/EFS? I'm not sure. Does anyone know the comparison of the EFS bench?

I have read all the legend/efs battle threads.. Does EFS give a better price from phone call/email?

edit: I emailed Mat Goodwin/sales rep @ 11pm.. He already got back to me. He is sending me a quote..
    Last edited by Northernmoris; 12-29-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    IMO the HS racks are way overrated for home use. They lose out in so many ways to other more intelligent designed and versatile racks. To name a few, efs, legend, nebula, texas strength, sorinex, etc. Sure the HS racks look pretty but if you're buying a power rack for looks (other than choosing a paint color) then why have this discussion anyway (and please never tell anyone you bought it just for looks lol).

The only place I see for a HS rack is in a commercial gym where they got a package deal on lifefitness equipment, or if you find a really good deal on one used.

If you simply are trying to find the best of the best I would say right now the sorinex base camp offers the best all around rack, followed by the efs 3x3 racks. I own a efs rack and thought it was the best when I got it but I didn't know about the base camp sorinex racks at that time or I'd have probably bought one of those, I still love my rack though. There's a member here who is helping to design a new nebula rack, I'm waiting to see the outcome but it's very possible that could take over the number 1 or 2 spot on my best racks list, it depends on how close they get the hole spacing.

To answer your question on power lift over HS more directly, yes, I think power lifts overall are a little better than HS racks, they're both built extrememly solid, but the one thing that would lead me to never considering either is the monstrous hole spacing both brands use, total deal breaker and makes the racks half as usable as other brands with more appropriate hole spacing.
    Darkfact,

I think you are selling the Hammer Strength Rack a little short. It is a versatile rack. Maybe not quite to the degree as some other racks you mentioned, but that point maybe a bit overdone. You have a number of pull-up bar options, upper/ lower pegs for band work, you can get a landmine attachment, dip bar, technique trays, single leg squat bar as well as the platform. All that gives you a hell of a workout station where various squats, presses, deadlifts, pullups, dips, olympic lifts, etc can be done. The hole spacing ( I believe 3.5 inches) could be a concern for some. But, as you well know, a number of members here believe that point is overdone. Of course for me, it would not matter since with a platform insert on the HS rack there is about a 1/2 inch amount of space between my chest and the bar on a HS power rack.

Also, HS is represented pretty well in the collegiate and professional ranks. Two of their bigger jobs in the past couple of years was outfitting the Seattle Seahawks and Missouri Tigers with new power racks and plate loaded equipment. As for the comparison with Power Lift, I think essentially they are pretty much the same. Both are heavy, extremely well built racks that use 7 guage steel that is probably overkill, especially for a home gym. But, if someone wants to drop the coin, I say knock yourself out.
    Last edited by Skyaura; 12-29-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Northernmoris View Post
    I have been reading/searching/compairing racks like a maniac for days now. I have read through this whole sticky, looked at every pic and followed every link. There is so much info its great.. Here is some mid level info I have learned. Hopefully it will help someone else, the same as what your posts have contributed to me..

I was looking for good rack around $1-2000. I have a ceiling height of 7'1", after initially liking the Rogue R3, I then added the TSS, EFS 2x2 BYO, and the Legend 3133. The Rogue/TSS are similar in price and the EFS/Legend are in the same range. Rogue $795/$180 for shipping & TSS $735/$435 unpainted/shipping?..... EFS $9/$189? shipped & Legend +/-$1000/+/- $189 shipped.

Rogue with reverse spotters, 2 sets j cups, 2 single weight storage and shipping= $1300.. Rogue has great customer service as I have dealt with them before. Great rack, needs to be bolted, depth is short. Price is great.

TSS with weight sto, monkey bars, j hooks and swing in safties $1295 + shipping/ $995 no paint add $400 for hi/low pulley.
    Now here is my problem with TSS, In the last 2 weeks I have emailed them twice with no response. So Wes just got back to me, $400 shipped to commericial/ $65 more for residential.

EFS with weight rack, j hooks, safety pins, pegs and bench $2278+shipping - $525 for the bench or the rack/bencho combo for $2049 band sto, band pegs, chin bar, 2 j hooks, 2 safties, 0-90 bench. Shipping is about $369 bor both.

Legend with reverse safties, beefy spotters, j hooks, upper/lower pegs, and the 4 way bench is right there with the EFS price. Best advice said over and over again- go straight through Legend..

I was sold with Legend, especially with their pricing. But now after writing this Legend/EFS? I'm not sure. Does anyone know the comparison of the EFS bench?

I have read all the legend/efs battle threads.. Does EFS give a better price from phone call/email?
    Why don't you give EFS a call? Can't hurt. In fact, I would shoot a call to TSS too. As for the EFS (made by Williams Strength) versus Legend Fitness, whichever way you go you will be getting a very good product. Unlike the EFS Collegiate Rack, the Legend 3133 rack's sides are fully welded. You will only be attaching the pullup bar and the floor crossbeam to put the rack together. A total of 8 bolts. If it was me I would go with the Legend rack.

I agree with you about the R3 Rogue rack. I don't like the fact that you have to bolt the rack down and it is somewhat narrow between the uprights. Again, this is just me, I would not even consider the Rogue rack.

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Skyaura View Post
    Darkfact,

I think you are selling the Hammer Strength Rack a little short. It is a versatile rack. Maybe not quite to the degree as some other racks you mentioned, but that point maybe a bit overdone. You have a number of pull-up bar options, upper/ lower pegs for band work, you can get a landmine attachment, dip bar, technique trays, single leg squat bar as well as the platform. All that gives you a hell of a workout station where various squats, presses, deadlifts, pullups, dips, olympic lifts, etc can be done. The hole spacing ( I believe 3.5 inches) could be a concern for some. But, as you well know, a number of members here believe that point is overdone. Of course for me, it would not matter since with a platform insert on the HS rack there is about a 1/2 inch amount of space between my chest and the bar on a HS power rack.

Also, HS is represented pretty well in the collegiate and professional ranks. Two of their bigger jobs in the past couple of years was outfitting the Seattle Seahawks and Missouri Tigers with new power racks and plate loaded equipment. As for the comparison with Power Lift, I think essentially they are pretty much the same. Both are heavy, extremely well built racks that use 7 guage steel that is probably overkill, especially for a home gym. But, if someone wants to drop the coin, I say knock yourself out.
    Hey dude, I'm not saying that HS sucks by any means, I'm a huge fan of their products, just not the rack. And I don't think the rack sucks, I've seen alot of people that have got great deals on them around here used and it's a nice piece to have. But when you're looking for a new rack in that price range I just don't think the rack holds up to the competition. I get that it offers options I just don't think it's as well suited for home gyms as some other racks out there.

Some of my favorite equipment I've ever used in a commercial gym were from body masters and HS (I don't like the body masters rack either btw), so when I first started looking into racks when I wanted to upgrade from my ptec rack a couple years ago my first notion was that I would buy a HS rack. As I dug deeper and looked into all the small and large details I quickly left the idea of an HS rack behind. I don't feel like going into all the details because obviously it was based on my own opinion and what I personally want out of a rack, but I can say that there was only 1 thing I found better about HS racks over others like EFS and Legend (the 2 I got really serious about near the end), and that was as you pointed out that it has thicker guage steel. And I think that 1 thing is completely lost on a home gym and isn't an upgrade over 11 guage steel no matter what weight you push, it just ends up being the same experience on a rack that will outlast the user, 7 or 11 guage it won't matter.

Among other things the hole spacing was a total deal breaker for me, I've read that alot of people don't think it's a big deal and I understand that. But for my home gym use, my rack is the center of everything, I use it for tons and tons of exercises that you would never use a rack for in a gym. I appreciate my bar starting 2" lower on shrugs than I start on in the rack curls, little things like that make a huge difference for my overall experience in my gym. And since I was buying a rack that I wanted to last forever and leave nothing to be desired, having a third of the holes would be a big problem.

Like most other equipment it's all end user opinion, but I think those racks like HS and power lift, and cybex and many others are much more suited to the commercial gyms, where there may be some benefit from thicker guage steel, and alot less variety in exercises done in them thus leading to less use for tighter hole spacing. That's just the conclusion I draw from the design of these type of racks, not in anyway does it mean I don't like the base companies. I own a cybex squat press, a body masters seated calf, and have a couple HS plate loaded machines on my wish list, I love those brands just not the racks they make lol.

edit: I emailed Mat Goodwin/sales rep @ 11pm.. He already got back to me. He is sending me a quote..
    I've dealt with Matt a bit, I've bought a rack and several benches from EFS among other small things like bars etc. I've also bought a large $2k+ machine from Legend directly and I can tell you calling legend does help bring the price down a decent amount, efs on the other hand I doubt you'll get much of a price break on the website price unless there was a very recent sale or something. I don't know for sure and it obviously doesn't hurt to try but from my experience I wouldn't expect from EFS what you'll get from Legend as far as price breaks.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #30 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #7 []---[]

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People often discuss Legend racks but rarely do I ever here anyone discussing the Legend 3215 (Ohio State Rack). If I were considering a new rack it would definitely be on my short list. I love the fully welded sides, J-Hooks and the way the bench ties into the rack.

However, the 3227 dual half rack would also be on my short list

Last edited by dumb.bell; 12-30-2011 at 06:50 AM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) crackersmaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey I'm thinking about buying this rack http://www.fitnesszone.com/product/W...urce=googleps2 and i'd just like to know what the disadvantages are, i heard that it takes away from the bench press by making it easier and less effective, is this true? an as i asked before what are the disadvantages (if any) that you guys know of.

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by crackersmaker View Post
    hey I'm thinking about buying this rack http://www.fitnesszone.com/product/W...urce=googleps2 and i'd just like to know what the disadvantages are.
    That's a Powertec rack. It's a very popular rack.

i heard that it takes away from the bench press by making it easier and less effective, is this true?
    Used correctly, a rack allows you to bench press safely. The only way it might make your bench press less effective is if the safeties cannot be adjusted with enough precision to allow you to get a full range of motion. If you were to read the rest of this thread, you'd find that hole spacing for the safeties is a big deal. Better racks will have more closely spaced holes or some other means of adjusting the safeties so that the desired range of motion is possible while still providing safety.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

lylefk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lylefk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lylefk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey, I've looked through most of this thread, as well as the power rack wiki and manufacturers websites, can't find this rack...can someone help me ID it? Approximate used value? Is it a Body Solid or Body Craft?

I'm not at 50 posts, so if you could please copy and paste and remove the spaces...I'd really appreciate the help!

http: //i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/Lylefk/rack.jpg

Thanks so much! Great thread, it has saved me from buying the wrong equipment.

Lyle

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lylefk View Post
    Hey, I've looked through most of this thread, as well as the power rack wiki and manufacturers websites, can't find this rack...can someone help me ID it? Approximate used value? Is it a Body Solid or Body Craft?

I'm not at 50 posts, so if you could please copy and paste and remove the spaces...I'd really appreciate the help!

http: //i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/Lylefk/rack.jpg

Thanks so much! Great thread, it has saved me from buying the wrong equipment.

Lyle

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/Lylefk/rack.jpg

I'm not positive, but I think that is a Star Trac power rack

http://www.home-gym-bodybuilding.com...36-review.html

186lbs in Avatar

lylefk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lylefk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lylefk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks, that looks very close. I'm thinking it's the older 'Lamar LS536' version. Appreciate the help!
    Last edited by lylefk; 01-02-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    People often discuss Legend racks but rarely do I ever here anyone discussing the Legend 3215 (Ohio State Rack). If I were considering a new rack it would definitely be on my short list. I love the fully welded sides, J-Hooks and the way the bench ties into the rack.

However, the 3227 dual half rack would also be on my short list

I realize this isn't the best time to be a Buckeye fan..... but I approve of this message

On another note.....I'm a fan on ******** of Rogue......check this out:

rogue r6 coming soon......

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very similar to my power-lift rack.

I'm glad I have a open top rack, now I can take a loaded bar in and out with ease. I'll never go back to a enclosed rack.
    Last edited by ExtremistPullup; 01-03-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I realize this isn't the best time to be a Buckeye fan..... but I approve of this message

wow, that thing is huge! how long until we see a video of two crossfitters squatting in it at the same time

i love the looks and design of the legend pro series racks as well....just too far out of my price range.

dirksteele has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First post here guys, so sorry if it's in the wrong place (I figured it was better in the power rack thread than starting a new thread). I searched the forums for the answer to my questions and found a couple, but figured I'd get some more up-to-date advice. Quick info about me: I'm 30 and an experienced gym user now going it alone at home like many on here.

Basically it's the age-old 'where do I find a decent starter rack and weights in the UK?' query. I've researched this for a couple of months now and have found very few options: eBay, personals/free ads and Craigslist haven't been any use (Craigslist just isn't as popular here as it is across the pond) so I've been forced to scour the net for UK vendors. We simply don't have the vast amount of choice that you guys do!

I've surfed Powerhouse Fitness and Fitness Superstore mainly, but also had a look on Gym Ratz and UK Fitness Supplies. I've narrowed it to this option for the rack (sorry, I can't post links yet):

Powerline PLPPR200G - £299

And some weights (including 7ft bar): Bodypower - 100kg Polygonal Rubber Encased Olympic Set (hexagonal) - £209

These two come in at just over £500 including delivery. As always for beginners, budget is a big issue. My closest other option was the Bodymax CF475 but I'm aware through my research that these racks are of questionable quality. Is this correct, or will they do for a beginner until I can upgrade? Some people say they're okay while others reckon that they suck. I'm an experienced rack user but safety is paramount to me, especially as I'll be training alone! The only thing stopping me from buying the Powerline + weights is the fact that I can pick up the Bodymax + weights PLUS a 10% discount online from another site. However, like I say, I won't consider this if the Bodymax really is a heap of junk and will give me an injury as no discount is worth that, obviously.

Any suggestions/comments welcome, and sorry again if this is in the wrong thread. There's lots of great info on these boards so thanks for posting such good stuff!

[/IMG]
    I see a resurgence in your future. I look forward to playing (beating) you guys in a national championship game in the near future.

The Rogue rack looks nice. Can't wait to see the specifics.

186lbs in Avatar

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I see a resurgence in your future. I look forward to playing (beating) you guys in a national championship game in the near future.

The Rogue rack looks nice. Can't wait to see the specifics.

We'll see! They hired a rockstar for a coach, I just hope they clean up their act.

When you come to Columbus you can go look at Rogue, I assume they already have one on display or will by that time.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)

I can't imagine people enjoying changing the position of those super long saber style safeties (and the metal-on-metal squeal that must make) Lining them up, putting the rod in the tube .. ugh.. and they don't appear to lock in at all. What does Rogue have against the quick adjust box style?

Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    Very similar to my power-lift rack.

I'm glad I have a open top rack, now I can take a loaded bar in and out with ease. I'll never go back to a enclosed rack.
    I really like my open top rack also

186lbs in Avatar

aawitek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all,
    I am looking to purchase a power rack and bench and was wondering which would be a better buy. I need to be able to do flat, incline and decline bench presses, squats, shoulder presses, etc.

With that in mind I am unsure which rack to go with deciding between the Powertec Power Rack (WB-PR11) vs. the BodyCraft F430. Online the Powertec is $479 or $839 with the Lat Attachment. BodyCraft is $659 or $909 with the Lat Attachment. Both include free shipping. I leaning toward the BodyCraft and I am willing to spend the extra money provided the quality of the rack is better and the Lat/Row attachment offers the same or more options/flexibility over the Powertec.

I will most likely go with the BodyCraft F320 F/I/D bench since it appears to be a better option with using the rack with incline bench presses and shoulder presses since the seat slides back and will be in better position and closer to the back of the rack where the bar will be.

I have read previous posts on both racks. They appear to be well liked by the people on the forum and I probably couldn't go wrong either way. I would like to hear any advise with regard to which option would have the better build quality and more flexibility.

This is the first time I am making an equipment purchase, do you think if I wait it out a bit I could get a better deal? This one was through Amazon, is there another online retailer I should be looking at?Any comments to make my decision easier would be greatly appreciated because I am torn on which rack to go with.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aawitek View Post
    Hi all,
    I am looking to purchase a power rack and bench and was wondering which would be a better buy. I need to be able to do flat, incline and decline bench presses, squats, shoulder presses, etc.

With that in mind I am unsure which rack to go with deciding between the Powertec Power Rack (WB-PR11) vs. the BodyCraft F430. Online the Powertec is $479 or $839 with the Lat Attachment. BodyCraft is $659 or $909 with the Lat Attachment. Both include free shipping. I leaning toward the BodyCraft and I am willing to spend the extra money provided the quality of the rack is better and the Lat/Row attachment offers the same or more options/flexibility over the Powertec.

I will most likely go with the BodyCraft F320 F/I/D bench since it appears to be a better option with using the rack with incline bench presses and shoulder presses since the seat slides back and will be in better position and closer to the back of the rack where the bar will be.

I have read previous posts on both racks. They appear to be well liked by the people on the forum and I probably couldn't go wrong either way. I would like to hear any advise with regard to which option would have the better build quality and more flexibility.

This is the first time I am making an equipment purchase, do you think if I wait it out a bit I could get a better deal? This one was through Amazon, is there another online retailer I should be looking at?Any comments to make my decision easier would be greatly appreciated because I am torn on which rack to go with.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post805972071
    You started a thread here, why double post. If you used the search function you would see you are beating a dead horse..

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

I made up my mind. I am going with Legend. When I get back from vaca I am ordering the 3133, cut @ 84", plus most of the options, plus the 4 way bench.. Andrew Hall, the east coast rep, was very helpful and quick with his responses and quotes.. A+.. Color scheme: Black frame/slate grey crossmembers and slate grey frame/black pad.. Now the weight begins.

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcdonald will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Now the weight begins.
    Haha, nice

BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I made up my mind. I am going with Legend. When I get back from vaca I am ordering the 3133, cut @ 84", plus most of the options, plus the 4 way bench.. Andrew Hall, the east coast rep, was very helpful and quick with his responses and quotes.. A+.. Color scheme: Black frame/slate grey crossmembers and slate grey frame/black pad.. Now the weight begins.
    Looking forward to pictures and a review as this is kind of my dream rack.

eiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eiff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Local store (here in Albuquerque) has new Keys Fitness KF-PC (@keysfitness.com/index.php?menu=Strength&id=Racks&model=KF-PC) for $650. Can't find much on the Keys rack.

Any thoughts?

Mandinko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandinko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandinko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandinko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandinko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandinko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandinko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandinko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Howdy fellas,
    I haven't heard anyone's opinion of the York FTS power cage. I found one on CL with a York adjustable bench, a York Oly bar, 225 lb. of York G1 Grip plates and a York tree for $350. The hole spacing is a bit too long imo, but the price was right.
    I want to get the hi-low pulley option and maybe upgrade the bench to one with a leg developer, but other than that, I'm very happy.

I've been searching for York dealers online and found Gtech Fitness to have the best prices (free shipping). Any other suggestions for online York vendors would be appreciated.

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go to York directly via Allison Foreman: allisonforeman@aol.com , you'll get 20% discount. Myself and several others on these boards have done this, anytime I need anything York I'll be contacting her again.

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    congrats on the order..you won't be disappointed. And your right about the wait (weight). I've been waiting for almost 13 weeks for just a squat stool. Hopefully you'll get your stuff sooner. I received my rack & bench right under 8 weeks. Seems they must be busier now. Andrew is now my (new)rep too-but so far he hasn't been as responsive as he was with you I guess, which again I'm thinking they must be slammed. Be sure to post some pics when you get everything!

darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) darkfact is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    congrats on the order..you won't be disappointed. And your right about the wait (weight). I've been waiting for almost 13 weeks for just a squat stool. Hopefully you'll get your stuff sooner. I received my rack & bench right under 8 weeks. Seems they must be busier now. Andrew is now my (new)rep too-but so far he hasn't been as responsive as he was with you I guess, which again I'm thinking they must be slammed. Be sure to post some pics when you get everything!
    Yep I always plan to wait 2-3months when I order something nowadays. 13 weeks for a stool is a little weird though, I'm assuming you've talked to them and know it's not forgotten or anything? I was surprised to find out when I ordered the efs box squat box a few months ago that they keep a supply on hand, I got it within a week. Sometimes you get lucky I guess, but like I said, most of the time I'd say 8-10 weeks is about the norm, even when they always say 6-8 weeks lol.

Home gym pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1192814061&viewfull=1#post1192814061
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1198875921&viewfull=1#post1198875921
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1202033661&viewfull=1#post1202033661

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Yep I always plan to wait 2-3months when I order something nowadays. 13 weeks for a stool is a little weird though, I'm assuming you've talked to them and know it's not forgotten or anything? I was surprised to find out when I ordered the efs box squat box a few months ago that they keep a supply on hand, I got it within a week. Sometimes you get lucky I guess, but like I said, most of the time I'd say 8-10 weeks is about the norm, even when they always say 6-8 weeks lol.
    yes I heard from them this week when I finally had to call because my e-mails from the rep were not being answered. Don't get me wrong- I've had good luck with Legend and their stuff is top notch, but it seems lately (in my case anyways) that I'm not getting the same responsiveness as before. i know it just a stupid little stool, but I also asked for a quote on something else and never heard anything until I called and left a message. Again they seem to be real busy with their business picking up (which is good for them). Minor annoyance I know but how hard is it to answer an e-mail.

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    yes I heard from them this week when I finally had to call because my e-mails from the rep were not being answered. Don't get me wrong- I've had good luck with Legend and their stuff is top notch, but it seems lately (in my case anyways) that I'm not getting the same responsiveness as before. i know it just a stupid little stool, but I also asked for a quote on something else and never heard anything until I called and left a message. Again they seem to be real busy with their business picking up (which is good for them). Minor annoyance I know but how hard is it to answer an e-mail.
    I had great customer service from Legend too when I bought that lat/low pulldown. Hopefully it is just that they're getting plenty of business, I love to see good companies win like that. At any rate, at least you can be fairly sure you'll love it when you get it lol.

Home gym pics: