Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    JamminJimmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What would you suggest?

Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    The Powerline rack and the ebay rack (first two on the chart) are the most affordable new ones we know of, other than that you will have to watch craigs.
    Hi,

I've been following this thread for a few days now since I decided to invest into a power rack. I'm 47 years young with with 3 boys 10, 12 and 17. I've worked out on and off over the years but never consistently for more than a year or so. I've recently decided that I want to get serious and get into the best possible shape I can. It was suggested to me that a Power Rack is a must have. My question is of those in the 400 to say 800 range which do you feel would be the best for me to get. I want one that's going to be great for myself and my oldest but also last long enough for my younger 2 to take advantage of it also if they wish to. From everything I've read on here and the research I've done on my own I'm tempted to get the Legend power rack it's just more then I want to spend considering I have to get weights and a bench as well. Also what does OBS stand for on the chart?

Thx
    Last edited by JamminJimmy; 12-13-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JamminJimmy View Post
    Hi,

I've been following this thread for a few days now since I decided to invest into a power rack. I'm 47 years young with with 3 boys 10, 12 and 17. I've worked out on and off over the years but never consistently for more than a year or so. I've recently decided that I want to get serious and get into the best possible shape I can. It was suggested to me that a Power Rack is a must have. My question is of those in the 400 to say 800 range which do you feel would be the best for me to get. I want one that's going to be great for myself and my oldest but also last long enough for my younger 2 to take advantage of it also if they wish to. From everything I've read on here and the research I've done on my own I'm tempted to get the Legend power rack it's just more then I want to spend considering I have to get weights and a bench as well. Also what does OBS stand for on the chart?

Thx
    I think your best bet would probably be the Body Solid. Apparently you can get it for $380 shipped here if you use the code 'newuser' (thanks to Labuski for that one)

http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Home/item.cfm?id=4286

Thats a helluva deal and the BS is a very solid rack. That way you have a nice rack and extra money to spend on a bench and weights. I don't know of another rack for less than 800 shipped that has the same or better quality than that one either. The Bodycraft might also be an option for you but you can't take the safeties out if you need to. Legend racks are extremely beefy and sturdy and will definitely last a lifetime, but you are looking at spending 1500 to 2k on one of those shipped.

Honestly, I have no idea what Obs stands for on that chart either, someone else made it and we haven't seen them since they posted it.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly, I have no idea what Obs stands for on that chart either, someone else made it and we haven't seen them since they posted it.
    It was posted in his original message.

Originally Posted by BaconatedGrapefruit
    I organized the racks in this thread into a spreadsheet with just a couple of the most important features for comparison. I included cost, shipping, total cost, hole spacing (inches), height, frame thickness, whether or not there is an obstruction for your feet in the back, and a link to the rack.

Originally Posted by jormone View Post
    It was posted in his original message.
    Thanks for the quick response both of you.

falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) falco150 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    csnstores.com/Valor-Athletics-BD-7-VAA1003.html?cv=

this with a bench/bar/weight and should be all set, yeah? im a 2 month newbie and hate the gym...
    umad.wtf - lol problem?
    gamertagr.com - generate random gamertags

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by falco150 View Post
    csnstores.com/Valor-Athletics-BD-7-VAA1003.html?cv=

this with a bench/bar/weight and should be all set, yeah? im a 2 month newbie and hate the gym...
    No sir, that rack is a POS. Over $500 for that? All it includes is the lat pulldown. It's only rated for 500lbs. I know you are new and probably not liftng that much weight but you can do MUCH better for that price. Again, I would look at the Body Solid over that piece. In fact, every rack listed in this thread for less than 500 is better than that rack. Ptec, TDS, Body Solid, go with one of those instead, you will be much happier with your purchase.

TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Check out this power rack on CL $150. Its almost 2 and a half hours away from me. Can you tell me what brand it is and if it looks good? Would it be worth the drove over buying BodySolid for 299 online brand new? Thanks.
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/spo/2104751725.html
    Last edited by TxZ71; 12-13-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Forgot link.

Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Philsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TxZ71 View Post
    Check out this power rack on CL $150. Its almost 2 and a half hours away from me. Can you tell me what brand it is and if it looks good? Would it be worth the drove over buying BodySolid for 299 online brand new? Thanks.
    It looks like a Tuff Stuff rack. I suppose $150 is ok, but if you can buy a body solid rack new for $300, I'd go for it. I always like new if the price is right and body solid is a good brand.

Phil.

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It looks pretty similar to a design several companies make (mine was a tuff stuff, page 8 in this thread, sticker looks to be in the right place in the ad). It's certainly not a weider, which is a good thing (no akward liftoffs).

Make sure it's stable when you get there, but its worth $150 for sure. Try and get him to throw in the ghd for cheap if you're making the trip anyway. If that's a tuff stuff rack in alright condition, it's a bit nicer rack than the entry level body solid, but they'll both do the trick.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." — Mark Twain

I think your best bet would probably be the Body Solid. Apparently you can get it for $380 shipped here if you use the code 'newuser' (thanks to Labuski for that one)

Thats a helluva deal and the BS is a very solid rack. That way you have a nice rack and extra money to spend on a bench and weights. I don't know of another rack for less than 800 shipped that has the same or better quality than that one either. The Bodycraft might also be an option for you but you can't take the safeties out if you need to. Legend racks are extremely beefy and sturdy and will definitely last a lifetime, but you are looking at spending 1500 to 2k on one of those shipped.

Hi Jimbo.........still doing research just to see whats out there and came across this one
    Star trac fitness 8536. It won't let me post a link. It sells for $706.99 including shipping on Amazon. Do you think it's worth the extra money or would you still go with the Body Solid? I think I just like the way this one looks. I'm having fun window shopping anyway Thanks again for your advice.

Hi Jimbo.........still doing research just to see whats out there and came across this one
    Star trac fitness 8536. It won't let me post a link. It sells for $706.99 including shipping on Amazon. Do you think it's worth the extra money or would you still go with the Body Solid? I think I just like the way this one looks. I'm having fun window shopping anyway Thanks again for your advice.
    I'd still go with the Body Solid GPR378. I think that's my favorite rack in the sub 800 range. I have seen the ST in person and would never pay full price for it. It would be better priced in the 3 to 400 range. Not a bad rack but it is too expensive for what it is.

jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000) jormone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Star trac fitness 8536.
    A rack without a pullup bar doesn't make much sense to me.

IMHO, Bodycraft F430 if you want pop pins, Body Solid GPR378 if you don't...

Last edited by jormone; 12-14-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: s/push/pop

Originally Posted by jormone View Post
    A rack without a pullup bar doesn't make much sense to me.

IMHO, Bodycraft F430 if you want pushpins, Body Solid GPR378 if you don't...

The ST has a pull up bar, you just can't see it in most of the pics. But yeah I agree, Body craft or Body Solid in that price range.

TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TxZ71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thought I'd show this. Body solid power rack model: PPR200X for
    $299.95 and FREE SHIPPING! More than 10 in stock. Im prolly going to decide on this one for such a good deal.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=66573775903

Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mitrovski is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thought I'd show this. Body solid power rack model: PPR200X for
    $299.95 and FREE SHIPPING! More than 10 in stock. Im prolly going to decide on this one for such a good deal.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=66573775903
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...equestid=36165

A few bucks cheaper if you have a sams card, although depending on tax, it's pretty much the same.

That's the entry level body solid I mentioned. It will get the job done, but the racks posted above and the one you posted off CL are probably a little nicer. Whatever you pick I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." — Mark Twain

cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Power Rack Comparisons

Here is an Excel spreadsheet I put together comparing over 30 power racks based on price, and all types of features.
    Attached Files

Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by darkfact View Post
    Received my new efs 3x3 byo yesterday along with 2 fully welded benches I ordered. It's really similar in options and color to Manzooka's rack so I'm not gonna post duplicate pics. I will post some pics that show it side by side with my old ptec rack and also the one custom option I had done that you have to call in to get, I had all 4 posts numbered.

It's substantially bigger than the ptec as you can see from the pics. In person it's almost shocking how much the efs dwarfs the ptec, it's not as dramatic in the pics with all the clutter in the background but you can get the idea.

fdhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g243/dfbbq/IMG_1787.jpg[/img]

Nice! Any idea on the add'l height required for monkey bar?

cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cm45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Power Lift Power Rack

Here is a Power Rack by Power Lift

peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    omg

I love that cage.

probably 1k easily.

Power Lift

Originally Posted by peequi View Post
    omg

I love that cage.

probably 1k easily.
    Yea Power Lift equipment is very good, and as someone in this thread mentioned earlier they supply a lot of NFL and college teams with their weight training equipment.

Here are a few videos of some of the schools they supply.

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cm45 View Post
    Here is a Power Rack by Power Lift

That's a beautiful rack. Anyone know what the bars on the side at the top of the rack are for?
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    That's a beautiful rack. Anyone know what the bars on the side at the top of the rack are for?

Maybe wrong, but I think they are just for fat bar pullups.

blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackpulpit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What are some good racks that are wide for people with broad shoulders? I am 6'2 and long arms and wide shoulders and the powertec rack I got from a friend and use is to narrow inside for me, feels very tight inside the cage and my elbows touch the spotter bars when doing bench press, any ideas for a new rack, cost up to 2,200 is fine, it looks like legends louie simmons cage is iwder than all there others? anyone seen this cage before in person and can vouch or know others that are wide for people like me? thanks all.

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blackpulpit View Post
    What are some good racks that are wide for people with broad shoulders? I am 6'2 and long arms and wide shoulders and the powertec rack I got from a friend and use is to narrow inside for me, feels very tight inside the cage and my elbows touch the spotter bars when doing bench press, any ideas for a new rack, cost up to 2,200 is fine, it looks like legends louie simmons cage is iwder than all there others? anyone seen this cage before in person and can vouch or know others that are wide for people like me? thanks all.
    You can only have a cage that is wide enough to fit the bar, so I doubt you will get anything much wider than the ptec cage.

Samson Power Rack

http://www.samsonequipment.com/freew...ProdNum=111PHH

Some quotes from a Samson rep.

"$1,725 for the rack, shipping would run around $250-$300"

"A chin up bar added to the cross piece is always $113"

"We only use 3”x3” .188 (aka 7 gauge steel) for our racks. We back up every piece of equipment w/ a lifetime warranty as well."

peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) peequi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am getting a boner from this thread.

RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyBA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Looks like you would need a ladder to get pn that pull up bar.

lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lucashpr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you and bad

Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question for anyone with an Elite 3" x 3" rack

My clearance to my basement ceiling joists is 89.25". The Elite Classic and DIY racks have
    a posted height of 90", so on first glance, they won't fit. However, from pics, it appears that the back K-brace and the front chin-up bar may not be the full 90" height that the side frames are. If those components to the rack are at 89.25" or less, I can make it work. Anyone have an idea what the height of the bar/K-brace on these racks are? Thanks!

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Get a 7ft version of the rack.

7ft is 84inches so you should have enough room to put it on some rubber mats, and a little bit of clearance for your head on the chip-up bar, it will still be tight.

But less tight than the standard 7.5ft.