Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The Art of Warming Up

The Art of Warming Up

If there is one thing that people really botch in the gym, the warm up is it!
    I commonly see a guy walk up to the squat rack and do his first set with 135 no less than a couple of minutes after he just walked in the door. Then he proceeds to hit a second set of 225 as a working set, which usually isn't pretty. He'll follow that up with whatever his day calls for and he's done. ONE WARM UP SET.......

The purpose of the warm up is to prime the body for your working sets. It is not to pre-exhaust the muscles to be used. I repeat, the purpose of the warm up is to prime the body for your working sets.

The first rule of warming up for a squat, deadlift, bench press, or any barbell movement is to start with the barbell.....just the barbell. Grab an empty barbell and complete a set of 10 reps to alert your body about which movement it is about to perform. There is a reason why the second set of an exercise or movement is always easier to execute. The first set makes the body aware of the movement being done......or primes the body. Once the body knows what to expect for the second set, you're better off and the set will feel smoother than the first.

Once the body is made aware of the task at hand, it is time to start adding weight to the movement. Now, adding weight to the bar is somewhat complicated. However, I believe that using a set of rough guidelines is appropriate.

I like to add 15-20% of your target weight to the bar with each new warm up set. Lets use a target weight of 315lbs for our example. This will give us a weight increase of roughly 50lbs per warm up set.

Your weight scheme will look like this:

WU Set 1: 45lbs by 10 reps

WU Set 2: 95lbs by 5 reps

WU Set 3: 145 by 3 reps

WU Set 4: 195 by 1-2 reps

WU Set 5: 245 by 1-2 reps

WU Set 6: 295 by 1 rep

Many of you are probably thinking that is a TON of warm up sets, especially anyone who doesn't warm up at all! Well, do you want to do things right, or do you want to do things wrong? If you do it right you'll be stronger and safer.

In reality, that warm up scheme should take 5-10 minutes. Each set should take 10-30 seconds due to the low rep numbers. Remember, you are simply priming the body with your warm up sets. High reps are not needed! It doesn't take many reps for the body to realize that it needs to gear up and get ready. Low rep warm up sets will work.

I'm going to layout another example; a target weight of 225lbs. This will give us a weight increase of roughly 35lbs per warm up set.

WU Set 2: 80lbs by 5 reps

WU Set 3: 115 by 3 reps

WU Set 4: 150 by 1-2 reps

WU Set 5: 185 by 1-2 reps

WU Set 6: 220 by 1 rep

The total volume is kept low, while the body is primed well for the working sets. This is the key to a proper warm up. Prime the body with as little muscle fatigue as possible.

Here is another example; a target weight of 135lbs. This will give us a weight increase of roughly 20lbs per warm up set.

WU Set 2: 70lbs by 3 reps

WU Set 3: 95 by 1-2 reps

WU Set 4: 120 by 1 rep

You notice that the amount of warm up sets drops, which is just fine. 135lbs is not a weight that requires as much of a warm up as a set of 315 pounds. The higher the working set weight, the more warm up sets you'll be performing.

Make sure to burn these points into your brain:

The purpose of the warm up is to prime the body for your working sets. It is not to pre-exhaust the muscles to be used. I repeat, the purpose of the warm up is to prime the body for your working sets.
    The total volume is kept low, while the body is primed well for the working sets. This is the key to a proper warm up. Prime the body with as little muscle fatigue as possible.

I've seen strength shoot up in many clients after I adjusted their warm up rituals. Some warm up too much, some warm up too little. Either way, their strength improves once the warm up is improved.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I'll go ahead and be the first to disagree here, even though I approved the post.

If you are doing that many warm up sets, you ARE pre-exhausting yourself.

Warming up a squat with the BAR, really?
    The bar does not give enough resistance to get any type of balance down. you cannot "prime" yourself for working sets without requiring the muscles to balance something. All you are doing is a light stretch.

I prefer 5-10 minutes on the treadmill for bloodflow, then 2 "actual warm up sets, then working sets.
    The next exercise for legs would require only one warm up.

Squats would be 135 first warm up set
    185-225 next warm up set
    275 as a light working set
    365 as a heavy working set
    405 as a max working set
    Now I'm DONE with squats in 5 sets instead of 9 or 10
    I can hit an entire leg workout in well under an hour, including calves.

That's my opinion, but I've only been at it for 30 years... I try not to waste time in the gym with more sets than necessary any more.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is easy to overcomplicate things in bodybuilding in an attempt at improvement. No one is immune to this subtle and persuasive motivation. But that's exactly what is going on here.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000) strong_strength is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    I'll go ahead and be the first to disagree here, even though I approved the post.

The bar does not give enough resistance to get any type of balance down. you cannot "prime" yourself for working sets without requiring the muscles to balance something. All you are doing is a light stretch.

I prefer 5-10 minutes on the treadmill for bloodflow, then 2 "actual warm up sets, then working sets.

185-225 next warm up set
    405 as a max working set

That's my opinion, but I've only been at it for 30 years... I try not to waste time in the gym with more sets than necessary any more.
    that's just another way of writing 4 warm up sets and 1 working set

if you only did one warm up it would be 185-225 then 405

That's my opinion, but I've only been at it for 30 years
    Kind Regards,

Strong_strength

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My warm up sets for deadlifts start at 245#. I warm up for strongman events by walking over to the implement I am going to use. Its a matter of what works for each individual. My opinion is that people waste too much time warming up and don't spend enough time under the bar

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No mention of different warmup styles depending on the reps you're pushing w/ your working sets.

I warm up differently when I'm going to do one heavy set of five than when I'm going to do three sets of ten-to-twelve, for example. The heavy 5RM is going to require more warming up than the 3x10-12, which won't need a whole lot.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post

185-225 next warm up set
    405 as a max working set

Originally Posted by strong_strength View Post

Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    My warm up sets for deadlifts start at 245#. I warm up for strongman events by walking over to the implement I am going to use. Its a matter of what works for each individual. My opinion is that people waste too much time warming up and don't spend enough time under the bar
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    No mention of different warmup styles depending on the reps you're pushing w/ your working sets.

I warm up differently when I'm going to do one heavy set of five than when I'm going to do three sets of ten-to-twelve, for example. The heavy 5RM is going to require more warming up than the 3x10-12, which won't need a whole lot.
    Originally Posted by Bostongeorge617 View Post
    It is easy to overcomplicate things in bodybuilding in an attempt at improvement. No one is immune to this subtle and persuasive motivation. But that's exactly what is going on here.
    I feel like the old days of Sesame Street. One of these posts does not belong.

whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000) whackj75 is just really nice. (+1000)
    way to complicated

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by strong_strength View Post

you could assume that, because I forgot to say that I go to temporary failure on 275, 365, AND 405.
    IE.. highers reps with the lower weight, but still temporary failure.
    I might get 15-16 with 275, 8-12 with 365, and maybe 4-8 with 405, then I'm done.

"Warm ups", in my dictionary, do not go anywhere near failure.

this, of course, is when my back is not injured....
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bostongeorge617 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    I feel like the old days of Sesame Street. One of these posts does not belong.
    I wasn't attacking you. As serious bodybuilders/aspiring bodybuilders, we all strive to be more efficient or improve things and sometimes end up cluttering rather than streamlining, including me. I was short on time and went with a brief post, which may have seemed blunt in response to your article. Don't be butt-hurt. If taking the time to warm up with the extensive routine you have devised suits you, great. But I'd be curious to see if you still feel the same way in a couple of years or if you will have modified your approach in some way.
    Use the tools of the trade to help you. I use devices such as chalk for grip strength, gloves, wrist straps, lifting belts - if it helps you lift more, it's all good. - Ronnie Coleman, Hardcore, 2007 Triumph Books

Biggest question in bodybuilding: Whaddaya bench? As I've said before, it doesn't matter how much you bench; it matters how much you [i]look[/i] like you bench... There's no round on stage that's the benchpress round. - Bob Chicherillo, World Class Physique, CMG

russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50) russian_bear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    k, so am i right to understand that the bottom line is :

5-10 mins on treadmill / bike > 5-6 warm up sets?

PS im doing strength training right now i.e. 1-3 rep, really heavy
    My finished SUMMER CUT thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123993751
    My transformation thread - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125733693

zhn0k has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zhn0k has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i simply stretch arms & legs using various techniques along with jumping jacks, pull-ups, and a solid 2 minute jog on the treadmill.

gets the job done for me before i hit the first set of heavy weights.

DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkAngel314 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do agree to a point, there are MANY people who lack on warmups or think that just stretching is a good enough warmup. My warmup typically consists of stretching (eh, yeah i consider that part of a warmup), shadowboxing, light elliptical work, and light dumbell drills. Typically my warm up takes about 30mins. P90X Warmups have awesome ideas and suggestions too, check 'em out!

Originally Posted by zhn0k View Post
    i simply stretch arms & legs using various techniques along with jumping jacks, pull-ups, and a solid 2 minute jog on the treadmill.

gets the job done for me before i hit the first set of heavy weights.
    This is exactly what you don't want to do. No warm up sets?! Asking for trouble.

Originally Posted by russian_bear View Post
    k, so am i right to understand that the bottom line is :

5-10 mins on treadmill / bike > 5-6 warm up sets?

PS im doing strength training right now i.e. 1-3 rep, really heavy
    No, this would be incorrect. You want to have some warm up sets under your belt, especially since you're working in the high intensity range.

severrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Warm ups are meant to get blood flowing to the targeted area of exercise, your warm ups are very extensive. I have to warm up with the bar, to do 95lbs, then thats a warm up for the next weight level etc. How would you warm up if just doing BW on squats, how would you cut the weight in half?
    Thats very excessive, but I'm not saying you're wrong in your belief. Ideally I would think that 1-2 sets would be optimal for a warm up, however I do see where your warm up routine would definitely be beneificial to a recovering athlete or someone coming out of surgery or older people who it would be dangerous to lift without optimum muscle activity.

Watchout ur comments bro titomuheedo's Avatar
    titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I completly disagree with your method.
    I do fine with a warmupp on the treadmill at 3.5 mph so i can get the blood flowing, heart rate usually increases from 105 to 135. Then i stretch my quads for a few minutes. (leg workout as an example.)

My working set's are usaully 6-10 rep's.

If i start with squat's I start with 135x12, which barley tires me out, just get's me ready.

Then 185x10, 205x8 225x6 250x4.

My warmups are always 12-14 rep's.
    Just my input.
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoawuYgSkehcUdvZQ6yNOcA/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Check out my youtube channel! Feel free to ask questions, and I'll make video responses as in depth and to my knowledge as I can. I don't spread bro science, my information will be similiar to Ian Mccarthy/Layne/Ogus/Eric helms in the sense that I will base my accusations of of science/studies. Also some personal experience, but I won't impose that onto you. But if you ask, I'll answer :)

Originally Posted by severrin View Post
    Warm ups are meant to get blood flowing to the targeted area of exercise, your warm ups are very extensive.
    There are more reasons to warm up than blood flow My warmups are really not that extensive. They take a few minutes, which is far from extensive.

Originally Posted by titomuheedo View Post
    I completly disagree with your method.
    I do fine with a warmupp on the treadmill at 3.5 mph so i can get the blood flowing, heart rate usually increases from 105 to 135. Then i stretch my quads for a few minutes. (leg workout as an example.)

My working set's are usaully 6-10 rep's.

If i start with squat's I start with 135x12, which barley tires me out, just get's me ready.

Then 185x10, 205x8 225x6 250x4.

My warmups are always 12-14 rep's.
    Just my input.
    To me that looks more like 3 or 4 warm up sets and 1 or 2 working sets for a high intensity day. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying thats what it looks like.

titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) titomuheedo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    To me that looks more like 3 or 4 warm up sets and 1 or 2 working sets for a high intensity day. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying thats what it looks like.
    No, only one warmup set. The 135x12, the rest are working set's.

Check out my youtube channel! Feel free to ask questions, and I'll make video responses as in depth and to my knowledge as I can. I don't spread bro science, my information will be similiar to Ian Mccarthy/Layne/Ogus/Eric helms in the sense that I will base my accusations of of science/studies. Also some personal experience, but I won't impose that onto you. But if you ask, I'll answer :)

No, only one warmup set. The 135x12, the rest are working set's.
    So what would you do if you were only performing working sets in the 4 rep range? Would you go 135x12 and then go straight to your 4 rep range weight for sets?

Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DarkAngel314 View Post
    I do agree to a point, there are MANY people who lack on warmups or think that just stretching is a good enough warmup. My warmup typically consists of stretching (eh, yeah i consider that part of a warmup), shadowboxing, light elliptical work, and light dumbell drills. Typically my warm up takes about 30mins. P90X Warmups have awesome ideas and suggestions too, check 'em out!
    your warm up takes 30 minutes? Just outta curiousity what are your goals? Cause i think if i did 30 min of shadow boxing, dumbell stuff, and cardio, i'd be semi pre exhausted and my lifts would suffer... also how long you in the gym, 2 hours?
    Great MAGA King status

Bing Chilling

cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cgh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jebus efing Christ...you guys are over analyzing this way too much. Warm ups are important but you don't need to pull out your calculator to figure it out.

So what would you do if you were only performing working sets in the 4 rep range? Would you go 135x12 and then go straight to your 4 rep range weight for sets?
    I don't usually go in that low of a range, but if i did id do 10 for a warmup, maybe 8

I don't usually go in that low of a range, but if i did id do 10 for a warmup, maybe 8
    I just noticed that your example said 250x4, so I thought you went that low.

The point I'm making is that its important to lead up to the working set, not jump right into the heavy stuff. You wouldn't want to do that with 8-10 rep warm sets. You'd want to cut reps back significantly on your warm up sets.

Originally Posted by smithers115 View Post
    your warm up takes 30 minutes? Just outta curiousity what are your goals? Cause i think if i did 30 min of shadow boxing, dumbell stuff, and cardio, i'd be semi pre exhausted and my lifts would suffer... Also how long you in the gym, 2 hours?
    ......x2

Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Arealbigdeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    My GOSH you are amazing. Your form is excellent. I notice in your blogs you always keep going and don't weaken the exercise when it gets hard. Amazing discipline. I guess I wish you'd talk about that a bit more in your blog---like how does a person come to the point they want to be this in shape? How does someone start to love exercise when they hate it right now? The psychology is the hardest part for many of us. Thank you!

NicS1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Article

USMC - Live Strong! - MMA toolslave462@gmail.com's Avatar
    toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The best article I've ever read for warming up: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi51.htm

5 sets of warming up is too many imo... That means my first workout of sayyy incline would consist of 10 sets. That is way too many in my opinion and a waist of glycogen. I usually stick to 2-3 sets of warm-up for each muscle group I plan to workout. Buuuttt then again I certainly don't have as much education on lifting as you do 2020, so let me end with this is just my opinion after reading many other peoples "educated opinions"
    Last edited by toolslave462@gmail.com; 08-31-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    Fitness Freak - Nutrition Geek
    ...Certified Personal Trainer...
    ...US Marine Corps Veteran...

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

Goal: 205 lbs (Started in 2008 @ 120lbs)

blackdove212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackdove212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackdove212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackdove212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackdove212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackdove212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I must agree that tons of warmups sound like a waste of time. If you're fully warmed up with the first exercise, there's not much sense warming up for EACH of the succeeding exercises.