santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pillates for strength training and fat loss?

Okay, my wife and I both need to lose a bunch of fat, as we're both obese. I'm doing the gym thing, lifting weights and what not. I have an elliptical machine, and we're both starting our new clean diets up very soon. But my wife really can't get into the gym like me to perform strength training to help with our fat loss.

Through a combination of being a stay at home mom, transportation issues, and just the lack of desire to go to our gym, she's simply not going to go up there and lift weights.

So I'm looking for a solution that would allow her to stay at home, but still get some strength training. So I'm wondering if she started doing pillates several times a week, if that would "count" as strength training, and help fill the void left by not lifting weights?

And if so, how often should it be performed in conjunction with elliptical training?

santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by santiago0221 View Post
    Okay, my wife and I both need to lose a bunch of fat, as we're both obese. I'm doing the gym thing, lifting weights and what not. I have an elliptical machine, and we're both starting our new clean diets up very soon. But my wife really can't get into the gym like me to perform strength training to help with our fat loss.

Through a combination of being a stay at home mom, transportation issues, and just the lack of desire to go to our gym, she's simply not going to go up there and lift weights.

So I'm looking for a solution that would allow her to stay at home, but still get some strength training. So I'm wondering if she started doing pillates several times a week, if that would "count" as strength training, and help fill the void left by not lifting weights?

And if so, how often should it be performed in conjunction with elliptical training?
    bump